Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 20, 2023 8:23 PM
Aug 2021
I’m thinking about buying the danganronpa games so for anyone who has played it, is it worth it to buy the first game even though I’ve watched this? Also in your opinion is the second or third game better? I’m thinking of only buying one of the two
Mar 20, 2023 8:35 PM
Sep 2021
1) yes it's worth it, just don't listen to Twitter

2) in my opinion V3 is the best one but here's the thing : all the games are connected to each other so you can't just play V3 and 1 only for example if you want the whole story
Mar 20, 2023 8:38 PM
Aug 2021
Saimatsu_Fan said:
1) yes it's worth it, just don't listen to Twitter

2) in my opinion V3 is the best one but here's the thing : all the games are connected to each other so you can't just play V3 and 1 only for example if you want the whole story

Ok thanks for letting me know!!
Mar 20, 2023 8:47 PM

Jul 2019
Yes, it is, I myself have also watched the animation before playing the game. After I played it, I thought that the anime was pretty badly rushed.
I like the first and the second more than the third one... I don't really like the third one actually, is not bad, it's just wasn't my type.
The thing is, all the games are connected, then you have to play it in the right order to be able to understand the story completely. I always recommend to follow this guide right here if you really want to enjoy the story to the fullest:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/149_BH8_Op_3DBNWlMrd-ADdn-ddpZ2UV6bDxz8M-eP4/edit?usp=drivesdk
                                                        "𝐼 π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’ π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘€π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘‘π‘œ π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘ π‘‘π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ β„Žπ‘–π‘š π‘šπ‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘› π‘Žπ‘›π‘¦π‘œπ‘›π‘’ 𝑒𝑙𝑠𝑒..."

Mar 20, 2023 9:05 PM

Apr 2020
The anime does not give the game any justice whatsoever since it’s about 25 hours of gameplay condensed into only 12 episodes, so please do give it a play-through. Aside from just a remarkable story, the gameplay blew my mind at first since I was expecting it to be a visual novel, so even if you know about everything that happens, you’ll still find it to be an enjoyable experience.

To answer the second question, I haven’t played V3 yet and I’m sure it’s really good, but V2 is an absolute must play. V1 and V2 are connected in one big story, and are necessary if you want to watch the next two seasons of the anime which takes place right after V2. Also, V2 is an absolute masterpiece and it’s just hands down one of the best story games I’ve ever played. I recommend it 110%.
GMERMar 20, 2023 9:09 PM
Mar 20, 2023 9:32 PM
Aug 2021
GMER said:
The anime does not give the game any justice whatsoever since it’s about 25 hours of gameplay condensed into only 12 episodes, so please do give it a play-through. Aside from just a remarkable story, the gameplay blew my mind at first since I was expecting it to be a visual novel, so even if you know about everything that happens, you’ll still find it to be an enjoyable experience.

To answer the second question, I haven’t played V3 yet and I’m sure it’s really good, but V2 is an absolute must play. V1 and V2 are connected in one big story, and are necessary if you want to watch the next two seasons of the anime which takes place right after V2. Also, V2 is an absolute masterpiece and it’s just hands down one of the best story games I’ve ever played. I recommend it 110%.

For the second game is there any overlap with the anime or is it completely separate from the second season? I went ahead and watched the second season and I really enjoyed all of the characters
Mar 20, 2023 9:33 PM
Aug 2021
Vayze said:
Yes, it is, I myself have also watched the animation before playing the game. After I played it, I thought that the anime was pretty badly rushed.
I like the first and the second more than the third one... I don't really like the third one actually, is not bad, it's just wasn't my type.
The thing is, all the games are connected, then you have to play it in the right order to be able to understand the story completely. I always recommend to follow this guide right here if you really want to enjoy the story to the fullest:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/149_BH8_Op_3DBNWlMrd-ADdn-ddpZ2UV6bDxz8M-eP4/edit?usp=drivesdk

Thanks for that link that’s super helpful
Mar 20, 2023 9:54 PM
Jan 2021
I've played all 4 Danganronpa games. Id say it's worth buying 1 because the pacing is so much better, you really get to understand how the murder happens while you investigate. in the show they quickly gloss over that. Plus you get a lot more time to interact with all of the characters. out of all 3 games, the second one is definitely my favorite. Danganronpa V3 feels different and 1 is the og so I can't say which of those 2 are better
Mar 20, 2023 9:56 PM
Jan 2021
kakashis_sidehoe said:
GMER said:

For the second game is there any overlap with the anime or is it completely separate from the second season? I went ahead and watched the second season and I really enjoyed all of the characters

Danganronpa 2 has no overlap with season 2 of the show. although its a but of a bummer that you saw season 2 before playing the game because the game was meant to be played before season 2 of the anime
Mar 20, 2023 10:17 PM
Aug 2021
bibisebi said:
kakashis_sidehoe said:

Danganronpa 2 has no overlap with season 2 of the show. although its a but of a bummer that you saw season 2 before playing the game because the game was meant to be played before season 2 of the anime

Ok thanks for letting me know! Yeah I was never really considering buying the game before so I figured I’d just go ahead and watch the next season but now looking back I really enjoyed the show and want to get more content
Mar 20, 2023 11:16 PM

Nov 2020
I guess you will enjoy the 1st game even if you watched the anime already. The anime is only like a quick summary.

After that you should really consider to play the 2nd game, which is the peak of Danganronpa in my opinion.

Then you can watch the Sequel Anime, which does play around the 2nd game.
Mar 21, 2023 12:57 AM
Feb 2022
didint have time to buy it
Mar 21, 2023 5:52 AM
Mar 2021
ngl the anime is pretty terrible in comparison to the game, from someone who played the game first
Mar 21, 2023 8:28 AM
Dec 2020
Yes it's much better than anime
My Candies:
Mar 21, 2023 11:21 AM
Oct 2021
Yeah especially since the games are better
Mar 21, 2023 1:32 PM
Apr 2021
kakashis_sidehoe said:
I’m thinking about buying the danganronpa games so for anyone who has played it, is it worth it to buy the first game even though I’ve watched this? Also in your opinion is the second or third game better? I’m thinking of only buying one of the two

personally I do think it is worth buying, I had watched the anime and i still really enjoyed the game since it still adds different layers to the enjoyement of the story for example actually working during the trials, talking with other characters, and a more explained story.
personally I think the second and third game are equally as good but it depends on what you want. if you are looking for a happier time while going through hell I'd choose to buy the second game, it's better to play them in order anyways because there's usually references to the game before.
Mar 22, 2023 10:07 AM

Jan 2023
Unpopular opinion: Ultra Despair Girls is the best game
Mar 22, 2023 12:00 PM
Aug 2021
HopiumAddict said:

I’m not gonna lie I’ve never heard of that one before lol
Mar 22, 2023 12:00 PM
Aug 2021
HopiumAddict said:

Mar 22, 2023 12:15 PM

Jan 2023
kakashis_sidehoe said:
HopiumAddict said:

It's one of the spin-off game. It's kinda useful if you want to know more about the plot and watch the DR3 animes (Future, Despair and Hope).

I suggest checking the Danganronpa subreddit's watch/play order list.
Mar 22, 2023 12:56 PM
Aug 2021
HopiumAddict said:
kakashis_sidehoe said:

It's one of the spin-off game. It's kinda useful if you want to know more about the plot and watch the DR3 animes (Future, Despair and Hope).

I suggest checking the Danganronpa subreddit's watch order list.

Ohhh ok. I just looked it up and it seems like it’s different from the other ones so are there any murder mysteries or anything in it?
Mar 22, 2023 1:38 PM

Jan 2023
kakashis_sidehoe said:
HopiumAddict said:

I suggest checking the Danganronpa subreddit's watch order list.

Ohhh ok. I just looked it up and it seems like it’s different from the other ones so are there any murder mysteries or anything in it?
It's not really a murder mystery, it's a first person shooter; it's not a killing game like the others.
Mar 22, 2023 1:53 PM
Aug 2021
HopiumAddict said:
kakashis_sidehoe said:

It's not really a murder mystery, it's a first person shooter; it's not a killing game like the others.

Ok thanks for letting me know!
May 28, 2023 1:30 AM

Feb 2022
kakashis_sidehoe said:
Yes. All of the games are worth it. But if you want to buy them (or bought them I don't know if you already did). I highly DON'T recommend getting them on pc, especially because of the pc version of danganronpa V3. V3 is awful on pc but also very difficult to play that it will make you hate the game.
May 28, 2023 1:31 AM

Feb 2022
HopiumAddict said:
Yep, even though it's a spin off.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2013

417 by BakaDorayaki »»
May 16, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

436 by amychar »»
May 7, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.