Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 9, 2023 6:44 PM

Apr 2018
Is Aoi the end game?
Feb 9, 2023 7:27 PM
Jun 2021
Haven't read the manga so I'm not sure, but if this is a classic anime then we will see Aoi at the end, but if this is a love polygon... Well, that's a whole different story
Feb 9, 2023 8:55 PM
Feb 2021
Nope, the series is still ongoing but it sure is looking like another girl is endgame.
Feb 9, 2023 10:33 PM
Dec 2019
Hope so, my answer is subject to change
Feb 9, 2023 10:45 PM

Jun 2019
I'm at volume 9 of the Light Novel

Feb 10, 2023 5:28 AM
Mar 2022
I really hope so even though it doesn't look like it now i hope it becomes like that...
May 7, 2023 8:18 AM
Dec 2013
Dragevard said:
Is Aoi the end game?
In my opinion more than likely but as of the current English light novel's position. It could really go either way but Aoi right now is a person Tomozaki is looking to I guess maybe the correct term is save rather than date. I don't think the first season of the anime got to the material that shows how much of a sociopath Aoi is.
Aug 15, 2023 6:17 PM

May 2022
I sure hope not because she is one fucked up individual.
Dec 19, 2023 10:03 AM

Apr 2022
Reply to DeN11
I'm at volume 9 of the Light Novel

@DeN11 Care to elaborate?
Jan 25, 12:17 AM

Aug 2017
Reply to trinitroglycerin
I sure hope not because she is one fucked up individual.
@trinitroglycerin yeah I would vote for Mimimi or Fuuka and Aoi can be alone forever.

Although, I always favor harem ending above all.
Jan 25, 2:04 AM

Dec 2015
Such shows usually go for the obvious route (the main female lead introduced at the start) - would be refreshing to see someone else. And with him being close to Fuuka this would feel pretty annoying to make a sudden switch to Aoi. (Without a slow build-up ... that usually does not happen or is not too well-written then, lol.)

Though with the recent episodes and Aoi not wanting Tama to change ... I get the feeling that Aoi got bullied in the past as well - and hates adapting cause others force you to change. Something like that. Not sure if/how much of her past got revealed alrady I can't remember season 1 that well anymore. But I am sure there is room for "deeper" interaction between Tomozaki and Aoi here in the future.
Jan 29, 3:34 PM
Jun 2023
I'm through Volume 10 of the light novel. A new volume just came out recently in Japanese, but I cannot read Japanese so I am waiting for the English version to come out. I know that the 11th volume focuses more on Aoi as a character based on some comments I have read, but beyond that I'm trying to avoid spoilers until I can read it myself.

As noted elsewhere, Fumiya views Aoi more as a friend/comrade he is trying to save from her own issues. This is a continuation of the ending of season 1 where he tells Aoi he is going to teach her how to enjoy life and have fun with it. It is something he wants to do out of appreciation for how much she has helped him grow. While it is possible he ends up with Aoi, there would have to be a lot of changes in Fumiya and his relationship with her for that to happen. His internal monologue in the LN has previously described her as attractive, much like the anime, but he thinks the same thing of other characters like Yuzu, Mimimi, and Fuuka. So that has little bearing on him ending up with Aoi. The main reason people consider them a potential end game is because they are the 2 main characters in the story, Fumiya has gotten closer to Aoi than anyone else in her social circle, and may be the only person who truly understands her to connect with on a deeper level. There are hints of this line of thinking sprinkled throughout the 1st season. For example, Aoi says she gets tired putting up an act all the time at the BBQ, signifying that she doesn't have to do it with Fumiya, or when she laments Fumiya as being different from her in the climax of the first season, but this doesn't rule out someone who is interested in her like Takahiro from potentially winning her over in the future.

I hope this helps answer the question.

This last part has relatively minor spoilers but I will tag it regardless:

SeansyJan 29, 7:06 PM
May 4, 12:00 PM
Dec 2022
She's more like a friend or mentor to Fumiya because he's is willing to help Aoi change her view while being with Fuuka.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl of both seasons.

Thyriad-oPPailov - Mar 29

23 by Talamare »»
Jun 7, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

145 by DazeFire »»
Jun 5, 5:41 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20

84 by DazeFire »»
Jun 5, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 3

76 by harman29oct2003 »»
May 22, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14

53 by lasodamos »»
May 5, 2:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.