Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 9, 2010 12:34 AM
Mar 2010
Hey all

I am a bit confused to be honest.

In the ending is Hayami brought back to life for real or just visiting as a spirit?

Also one of the girls is holding a baby that looks almost exactly like Hirose. But who is the mother of this child? I would have thought Hotaru would be his second choice, but I think it was Maki holding the baby.

Can anyone answer these questions?

If so in advance thanks!
May 9, 2010 12:59 AM

Nov 2009
I watched this some time ago so my memories aren't so vivid, but what I gathered from the last episode was that the baby is the child of that trap and his girlfriend, and Hotaru was born into another family in the village, although she seems to be aware that she's a spirit.

As for Hayami, I think either options are a possibility, however, i'm leaning more to the 'visiting as a spirit' side. Hotaru mentioned "It was hard convincing the spirits to approve of this.", so I thought it was more logical to interpret that as 'approval to visit'. Asking them to resurrect her sounds too absurd, no?
Earth gets angry after a kick in the face.
Mar 31, 2011 8:29 AM

Nov 2010
o wtf, this last episode is so confusing,
why and how Hayami died ???
Apr 11, 2011 2:18 PM
Feb 2010
Ending of this anime is confusing, indeed ...
I didn't expected that everything would complicate and change so much ... Even if there were at last some pleasant moments, I was sad, saying in my mind: this is too sad to forget it ...

I understand it this way:

(-warning, spoiler, don't read unless you finished watching anime-)
Hayami dies, same as Hirose's mother, hit by a train. Hirose then recovered memory and sight ...
A few years passed. Hotaru was the head of the village. Mai has a child with Hirose. He built the windmill with his uncle, thinking about Hayami that it would have pleased her. Suddenly, Otoha appeared -finally alive, as a little girl. In addition, she made a gift for Hirose. - Hayami has appeared ... possibility is this: it looks like she was resurected for him (Otoha said: don't loose her now). But, in my opinion, (and I think this is most realistic version) Hayami has become a visible spirit. As Otoha previously was. Because, if that would be possible, fairies could have been able to recover Hinata, Hirose's mother, everyone.... So it is not the resurrection ... it is simply a visit of spirit of Hayami for a happy end...

I was crying a lot.
Apr 28, 2011 9:16 PM

Feb 2011
I agree that it is a possibility that Hayami is just a visiting spirit, but there is still one line that disagrees with that. Otoha had said something along the lines of "take care of her this time". If Hayami was just a spirit, why would Hirose need to take care of her? Also,Otoha said "it was hard convincing them to allow this" meaning, it wouldnt be so difficult to allow her to return as a spirit for Hirose, but it would be against al rules to resurect her for a second chance. So I accept that she might be a spirit, but the evidence ive seen convinces my that she was truly alive and back with Hirose.
Jun 23, 2012 1:37 PM
Jun 2012
KumaAyr23 said:
Hey all

I am a bit confused to be honest.

In the ending is Hayami brought back to life for real or just visiting as a spirit?

Also one of the girls is holding a baby that looks almost exactly like Hirose. But who is the mother of this child? I would have thought Hotaru would be his second choice, but I think it was Maki holding the baby.

I must say I also had that question i think because maki is holding the baby and said she thought of stopping bye it's her's and hirose's bud then it sucks that hayami is back even if she would be a spirit(which i don't think as the other spirit sad take better care of her this time

Can anyone answer these questions?

If so in advance thanks!
Jun 29, 2012 5:17 PM

May 2012
Stratfield said:
I didn't expected that everything would complicate and change so much ... Even if there were at last some pleasant moments, I was sad, saying in my mind: this is too sad to forget it ...

Hayami dies, same as Hirose's mother, hit by a train. Hirose then recovered memory and sight ...
A few years passed. Hotaru was the head of the village. Mai has a child with Hirose. He built the windmill with his uncle, thinking about Hayami that it would have pleased her. Suddenly, Otoha appeared -finally alive, as a little girl. In addition, she made a gift for Hirose. - Hayami has appeared ... possibility is this: it looks like she was resurected for him (Otoha said: don't loose her now). But, in my opinion, (and I think this is most realistic version) Hayami has become a visible spirit. As Otoha previously was. Because, if that would be possible, fairies could have been able to recover Hinata, Hirose's mother, everyone.... So it is not the resurrection ... it is simply a visit of spirit of Hayami for a happy end...

I was crying a lot.

sounds like you are not watching..
first of all hajimi is a boy(the one who always wear maid uniform... the purple hair)... look at hajimi episode so you can understand they bath together with hirose.. maki and hajimi the parents of that child.. that makes it clear.( http://myanimelist.net/character/7301/Hamaji_Yakumo ). and about the last min she is resurrected.. as otohas last message "this time, make sure you protect her"..
Dark_MessiahJun 30, 2012 9:19 AM

Jul 11, 2012 4:42 PM

Sep 2009
DarkTemptation said:
Stratfield said:

Hayami dies, same as Hirose's mother, hit by a train. Hirose then recovered
memory and sight ...

I was crying a lot.

sounds like you are not watching..
first of all hajimi is a boy(the one who always wear maid uniform... the purple hair)... look at hajimi episode so you can understand they bath together with hirose.. maki and hajimi the parents of that child.. that makes it clear.( http://myanimelist.net/character/7301/Hamaji_Yakumo ). and about the last min she is resurrected.. as otohas last message "this time, make sure you protect her"..

Thats what I think, too... I've just completed it and thats exactly what it says to me...
Aug 2, 2012 10:23 PM
Aug 2012
I don't think Hayami ever died. She was safe on the 2nd track while the train passed on the first. She was happy because this seemed to cure him since he called out her name so she went away, giving him time to heal mentally. She later came back when Hirose was certainly recovered mentally. The little Otoha is proof the illness is leaving and he has accepted everything.
1) Otoha is not real, she couldn't be. Since Hirose didn't really have his sight back it means Otoha can't affect reality so she must not be real.
2) The idea of her being an illusion doesn't hold with the happy ending atmosphere of the scene. If she were an illusion, Hirose hasn't gotten any better.
3) Why is there no grave for Hayami or any real indication she's dead?
4) The whole train hitting Hayami the same way as his mother is too much of a coincidence since she was just suggesting the idea to him.
Aug 28, 2015 1:01 AM

Aug 2012
ss5mmyers said:
I don't think Hayami ever died. She was safe on the 2nd track while the train passed on the first. She was happy because this seemed to cure him since he called out her name so she went away, giving him time to heal mentally. She later came back when Hirose was certainly recovered mentally. The little Otoha is proof the illness is leaving and he has accepted everything.
1) Otoha is not real, she couldn't be. Since Hirose didn't really have his sight back it means Otoha can't affect reality so she must not be real.
2) The idea of her being an illusion doesn't hold with the happy ending atmosphere of the scene. If she were an illusion, Hirose hasn't gotten any better.
3) Why is there no grave for Hayami or any real indication she's dead?
4) The whole train hitting Hayami the same way as his mother is too much of a coincidence since she was just suggesting the idea to him.

also thought Hayami didn't die

14:30- she's on the second track
14:33- if you look at the middle right it's clear that the train passes through the first track.
Hirose was just regaining his sight so he may have missed it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

alert105 - Mar 21, 2008

275 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 14, 2023 12:52 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Phrosh - Jan 25, 2008

77 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 3, 2008

78 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 13, 2023 12:03 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Mar 15, 2008

99 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 5:21 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

chibuki - Mar 8, 2008

58 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 4:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.