Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 29, 2022 3:11 PM

Aug 2017
BIG spoiler for the last episode!!!

Dec 29, 2022 3:16 PM
Nov 2020
If anything, it gets better. At least, in my opinion. Thorfinn becomes a lot more interesting moving forward. A lot of character growth to come but way less fights so make of that what you will.
Dec 29, 2022 3:30 PM

Jul 2015
First season was literally just a prologue.
Series from now on will make a crucial shift from violent action anime to something akin slice of life (which is still kinda far fetched).
Askelaad is dead and buried, but his influence will be felt throughout the rest of the story.

Dec 29, 2022 3:31 PM
Negator

Mar 2022
Thorfinn and his development from here on is the main attraction and the best part of the series for me. If all you cared about is Askeladd it’s kinda hard to say if you’d enjoy it if you don’t care about Thorfinn, and even Canute. His death served a purpose, and his sacrifice and final words go on to play a huge part in the story. I think you should tune it to give it a shot anyway, its phenomenal story telling.
MusashiKarlsefniDec 29, 2022 3:38 PM
Dec 29, 2022 3:36 PM
Feb 2021
First season was just the prologue and it’s still a better arc than 90% of what most people have seen in their life, second season adapts the best arc in the series, but it’s mainly story over action, so a lot people won’t get it
Dec 29, 2022 3:45 PM

Oct 2021
I'd say the next arc is much better than the first season. It has less action and is more focused on thorfinn and his development so if you're interested in fights you may be a little disappointed.

For me the decline in quality happens after next season's arc but it still has had the occasional good moment here and there
ExezeDec 29, 2022 3:48 PM
Dec 29, 2022 4:40 PM
Mar 2021
first season is a set up for Throfinn, Askeladd now in the manga is forgotten, idek who misses him, just a plot device (and a good char) to help develop Thorfinn; first season was great, but what is to follow is better
Dec 29, 2022 10:36 PM
Nov 2022
I think it would be nice to see Throfinn leading to a new path of life as guided by Askeladd. It would be like his character development.
Dec 30, 2022 12:24 AM
Feb 2022
The prologue didn’t focus on thorfinn it was mainly askeladds story, thorfinn gets way more development in the parts that follow and the story gets so good
Dec 30, 2022 1:43 AM

Oct 2017
ElqBell said:

It gets really bad. Almost no action, no excitement, its just on a farm. A boring farm.

POWER IS IMMORTAL
Dec 30, 2022 2:40 AM
Nov 2020
I just rewatched it and I’m definitely looking forward to seeing the next season and Thorfinns development as well as more of Canute. Askeladd was a good character and his final words are very similar to Thors so I think it will be interesting to see how it affects Thorfinn and Canute
Dec 30, 2022 6:27 AM
Oct 2022
First Season is just the prologue of Vinland Saga, the real story begins now. Next Season will very much be different and slower, with less action, but it is crucial to Thorfinn's character arc in particular, as he undergoes a massive change in this arc.
Dec 30, 2022 7:22 AM
Feb 2022
TheRealRouges said:
First season was just the prologue and it’s still a better arc than 90% of what most people have seen in their life, second season adapts the best arc in the series, but it’s mainly story over action, so a lot people won’t get it

as far as i have i.e till 170 the arc is one greater than other means all beat prologue
Dec 30, 2022 7:26 AM

May 2015
Don’t listen to the kid saying it’s bad. The only way it would be bad is if you only liked Vinland Saga for the action and literally nothing else. This next arc kinda puts that on the back burner in favor of character drama. But for me at least, that isn’t a bad thing, and it’s the best part of the whole series. It’s actually one of the best arcs of any series I’ve ever experienced.

Dec 30, 2022 9:40 AM

Oct 2017
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Don’t listen to the kid saying it’s bad. The only way it would be bad is if you only liked Vinland Saga for the action and literally nothing else. This next arc kinda puts that on the back burner in favor of character drama. But for me at least, that isn’t a bad thing, and it’s the best part of the whole series. It’s actually one of the best arcs of any series I’ve ever experienced.

Listen child. Everyone watches for two reasons. 1. Vikings. 2. The action.

Vikings who hate violence and won't fight anymore 'because', is pure propaganda from the creator. In the manga u can literally read he despises vikings after researching them. So he gave his own wending to it. And it absolutely sucked. If I wanna see drama I'll just watch kimi no wa again.

POWER IS IMMORTAL
Dec 30, 2022 12:59 PM

May 2015
MadnessWillReign said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Vikings who hate violence and won't fight anymore 'because', is pure propaganda from the creator. In the manga u can literally read he despises vikings after researching them. So he gave his own wending to it. And it absolutely sucked. If I wanna see drama I'll just watch kimi no wa again.
This is such a dogshit take. The entire point of the arc is Thorfinn's character growth. It's not "propaganda" to explore a character's sorrow, regret, and desire to change. Him not wanting to fight anymore makes sense because he literally lost his entire purpose for fighting in the first place. It's pretty clear that you just can't appreciate the arc because all you care about is gore and action.

Dec 30, 2022 1:19 PM

Nov 2013
Farmland Saga hyyyyype!!
Dec 30, 2022 7:43 PM
Aug 2022
MadnessWillReign said:
ElqBell said:

It gets really bad. Almost no action, no excitement, its just on a farm. A boring farm.
but....but you have berserk in your fav,a manga which has been on decline since eclipse arc with shitty pacing
Dec 30, 2022 11:23 PM
Apr 2022
MadnessWillReign said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

hey i know the change of pace in the Slave/Farmland arc is not in your preference and you can freely say you're not a fan of it but straight up calling it bad is just a close-minded opinion,

Please enlighten us as to why the content of that arc was bad, was the characterization terribly written? was the theme not handled well? was the arc poorly written?

Not your type of media ≠ bad

TL;DR:
you did not enjoy it because it's not up to your preference and not because it was a bad arc
DanVin0429Dec 30, 2022 11:27 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

256 by FarCritical »»
Yesterday, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

259 by FarCritical »»
Yesterday, 12:25 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2019

174 by FarCritical »»
May 29, 11:17 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2019

329 by FarCritical »»
May 29, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2019

397 by FarCritical »»
May 27, 12:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.