Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 27, 2022 7:11 AM
Dec 2022
Okay, let's play a little game we will ask questions regarding Monster's plot and scenes with Johan that is illogical or  realistically  implausible and the answer should be "Because he is Johan" . Let's start;

How did Johan escape from a  burning building completely unharmed when all exists were locked and the fire was spreading all around?

Because he is Johan.
SakolEDec 27, 2022 7:32 AM
Dec 27, 2022 7:23 AM

Aug 2020
SakolE said:
Okay, let's play a little game we will ask questions regarding Monster's plot and scenes with Johan that is illogical or  realistically  implausible and the answer should be "Because he is Johan" . Let's start;

How did Johan escape from a  burning building completely unharmed when all exists were blocked and the fire was spreading all around?

Because he is Johan.

Exits were not blocked, you saw Tenma shoot the dor and save a lot of people
Dec 27, 2022 7:29 AM
Dec 2022
SakolE said:

How did Johan escape from a  burning building completely unharmed when all exists were blocked and the fire was spreading all around?

Because he is Johan.

what about windows
Dec 27, 2022 7:32 AM
Dec 2022
 Nevertheless, when Tenma made his exit the fire has already spread all around and there was not enough time for Johan to escape unharmed.

How can Johan detect  serial killers and take them under his control?

Because he is Johan.

SakolEDec 27, 2022 7:45 AM
Dec 27, 2022 8:29 AM

Feb 2021
Exeze said:
How did child Johan manage to poison a bunch of sealed candy?

Because he's Johan

That...is actually a good question. How did he do that?
Dec 27, 2022 8:31 AM

Feb 2021
SakolE said:

How did Johan escape from a  burning building completely unharmed when all exists were locked and the fire was spreading all around?

Because he is Johan.

Better question is how tf Roberto survived two gunshot wounds and a fall from like 30 feet in a burning building.
Dec 27, 2022 8:51 AM
Oct 2021
PikaboyTK said:
Exeze said:

Because he's Johan

Wasnt the candy wrapper just the kind that has the ends twisted, like a jolly rancher? its pretty easy to open those and retwist them closed.
Dec 27, 2022 8:57 AM

Feb 2021
n7pidgey said:
PikaboyTK said:

Wasnt the candy wrapper just the kind that has the ends twisted, like a jolly rancher? its pretty easy to open those and retwist them closed.

Ah that makes sense. But in that case, he probably replaced all the candies with poison, which means he knocked out more than 3 people in the hospital, off camera obviously.
Dec 27, 2022 9:09 AM
Mar 2020
How was Jesus born from a virgin woman?

Because he is Johan.

Not related to the topic, but I felt like I had to do this.

𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯’𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 27, 2022 10:51 AM

Jan 2013
Been a long time since I read Monster, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember they said Johan founded and operated a bank at a very young age (like 13, 14). 

How was he able to do that? Because he's Johan
Dec 27, 2022 1:56 PM
Dec 2019
Klad said:
Been a long time since I read Monster, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember they said Johan founded and operated a bank at a very young age (like 13, 14). 

How was he able to do that? Because he's Johan

He was 15, he was running a money laundering buisness.
Dec 27, 2022 2:33 PM
Dec 2021
why Johan killed the head of the hospital and more people and let Tenma escape always?

because he is Johan
Dec 27, 2022 2:55 PM
Feb 2021
Y_Mc said:
How did Johan convince a seasoned detective to drink so much till he fell off a building?

Because he is Johan

Nah, I think Johan made him hold the bottle so that he could push him off the building.

There would still not be enough believable evidence to convince people it’s a murder.
Dec 27, 2022 2:56 PM
Feb 2021
PikaboyTK said:
SakolE said:

Because he is Johan.

Better question is how tf Roberto survived two gunshot wounds and a fall from like 30 feet in a burning building.

Because he is Roberto
Dec 27, 2022 5:07 PM
Aug 2022
johan already had the Library staff under his control. It's no wonder they can make a way for johan to escape
Dec 27, 2022 5:31 PM
Mar 2021
MeVike said:
How was Jesus born from a virgin woman?

Because he is Johan.

Not related to the topic, but I felt like I had to do this.

Best answer so far
Dec 27, 2022 6:56 PM

Feb 2021
DarkTitan007 said:
PikaboyTK said:

Because he is Roberto

Understandable, have a nice day.
Dec 28, 2022 1:14 AM
Jun 2021
SakolE said:

Because he is Johan.

It's pretty clear he planned something before the event, whether that's a hidden door or a window or anything really
Dec 28, 2022 1:19 AM
Jun 2021
Y_Mc said:
How did Johan convince a seasoned detective to drink so much till he fell off a building?

Because he is Johan

No reason to think he didn't just push him, but if we assume he didn't then the explanation is that Johan abused the fact that the detective couldn't forgive himself for shooting that kid because he knew deep down that it wasn't an accident, so in other words, he commited suicide. I don't know why you think a detective would for whatever reason be insanely good at human psychology?
Dec 28, 2022 1:23 AM

May 2021
Why is Johan because?

Because he is Johan.

Dec 28, 2022 1:23 AM
Jun 2021
Exeze said:

Because he's Johan

So apparently the cannon explanation is that he snucked into another room in the hospital and used a syringe with some kind of human poison to put it into the candy, the hole was obviously at the bottom so they wouldn't see it and he simply placee it nearest to them so they'd eat it (its also possible he put poison in m the other bags aswell just incase)
Dec 28, 2022 12:17 PM
Jul 2022
How Johan manipulated a whole country?
Because he is Johan
Dec 28, 2022 3:20 PM
Aug 2020
Reflesh said:
Exeze said:

Because he's Johan

So apparently the cannon explanation is that he snucked into another room in the hospital and used a syringe with some kind of human poison to put it into the candy, the hole was obviously at the bottom so they wouldn't see it and he simply placee it nearest to them so they'd eat it (its also possible he put poison in m the other bags aswell just incase)

Is this shown or said anywhere in the manga or ln
Dec 28, 2022 3:51 PM
Jun 2021
FatNeek said:
Reflesh said:

Is this shown or said anywhere in the manga or ln

No but I'm 99% sure that Naoki Urasawa said it at some point in an interview or something, can't be bothered to find it now though
Dec 30, 2022 10:18 AM
May 2022
SakolE said:

Because he is Johan.

I think that Johan escaping from multiple situations that a normal human being wouldn't be able to are meant to emphasize more on what he is principally interpreting in the show, that being the concept of a "Monster". The main idea that Naoki wanted to share by using Johan is the darkness within every human's nature, the monster is a metaphor to everyone's darkness. But it could be that Naoki made Johan escape these type of situations for the reader to also perceive him as an ACTUAL monster, not only in a methaphorical sense. A monster would be able to escape situations where humans wouldn't be able to right? because of it's super-natural abilities. And i think Johan escaping situations where all of us couldn't are meant to make him a lot more terrifying and mysterious and unnatural in order for the reader to actually question wether he is a true monster or a human being just like everybody else. And i think he really succeeded with that.
Dec 31, 2022 3:09 AM
Dec 2022
Exeze said:
Y_Mc said:

Because he is Johan

Not really that implausible. The man was previously an alcoholic. Johan just pushed him back into it by manipulating him with his guilt about murdering some kid

you can just seal and unseal
Jan 1, 2023 10:31 AM
Jan 2023
How did Johan survive being shot in the head twice?

because he is Johan. 
Jan 9, 2023 5:36 PM
Jul 2013
Y_Mc said:

Because he is Johan

Probably he gave it to him, but while he was unconscious
"We are all MAD here"
Alice in Wonderland
Jan 9, 2023 5:48 PM

Jul 2016
How did Johan manage to rock a dress and heels better than his sister?

Because he is Johan.

And because Monster's writing is weak af.
Jan 10, 2023 6:59 AM
Jan 2023
How did Johan manipulated a whole town of people to attack and kill each other?

Because he is Johan.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 12, 2008

109 by BerserkGUTS »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 44 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trie - Mar 10, 2008

435 by Spyral_Grayson »»
May 20, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

627 by FinLuke »»
May 20, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 7, 2008

109 by tectacles »»
May 19, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 6, 2008

130 by tectacles »»
May 12, 6:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.