Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2022 9:12 AM

Nov 2011
Heroes were definitely born from this battle, and one of them is Michiru for her selfless act.

I'm not surprised that Takeshi avoided death even though it looked hopeless at one point. Feels like this episode just reinforces that idea that no matter what, war like this will result in bloodshed. Takeshi also better keep his promise.
Dec 14, 2022 9:23 AM
Oct 2020
Kashiwagi died with 2 scenes to her name. Damn it.

Also that ending is perfect. Tbh I don't think they could've done that any better.
It's absolutely perfect. That's the most muv-luv part of this anime. It made me feel a lot of things I don't even remember anymore.

Also looking at the pace, it seems that we will be spared from that scene.
dailybreadDec 14, 2022 9:32 AM
Dec 14, 2022 9:33 AM
Oct 2022
Kino, simply kino.
Dec 14, 2022 11:12 AM

Nov 2007
One of the, to me, most crucial sendoffs... and they absolutely did it justice. Fantastic episode. 10/10. That transition into the ED was phenomenal.
Dec 14, 2022 11:27 AM
Oct 2022
10/10, obviously it was shorter speech from captain then in the VN, but still it was such a great episode, this was the episode I waited ever since last week, I just knew it will be freakin' amazin
Dec 14, 2022 11:32 AM

Mar 2009
They omitted a lot of the lines, Michiru doesn't says "Naku na, otoko daro" but the way they integrated the ending into the send-off more than makes up for it. 10/10
Dec 14, 2022 11:36 AM

Jan 2009
RIP to the Captain and Kashiwagi
Dec 14, 2022 12:00 PM
Oct 2022
Arthuro-Ray said:
They omitted a lot of the lines, Michiru doesn't says "Naku na, otoko daro" but the way they integrated the ending into the send-off more than makes up for it. 10/10
yeah also the XO and Captain speech worthed the time off from Shirogane, that was nice to watch ^^ also of course they can't put everything in the episode, but still it was worth it.
Dec 14, 2022 12:11 PM

Mar 2009
They nailed most of the emotional scenes this season, I really wish they announce s3.
Dec 14, 2022 12:53 PM
Oct 2020
They just can’t seem to get anything right. They ruined her death scene. Fuck this anime.
Dec 14, 2022 12:55 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Almost cried, really great episode for me.
Dec 14, 2022 1:17 PM

Jan 2016
Fkn amazing episode!

People can keep crying about this adaptation but the attitude from the western community before it even began airing was negative so people were never going to give it a chance. It's not a perfect adaptation but it's still one of the more serviceable VN adaptations I've seen
Dec 14, 2022 1:25 PM

Jul 2019
FireFistYK said:
Fkn amazing episode!

People can keep crying about this adaptation but the attitude from the western community before it even began airing was negative so people were never going to give it a chance. It's not a perfect adaptation but it's still one of the more serviceable VN adaptations I've seen

I have to agree, it's pretty obvious that they are actually trying to do something good with this adaptation despite the budget limitations, it doesn't feel lazy. When it first aired i thought they would cram all the content in 12 episodes, but here we are now.
Dec 14, 2022 1:36 PM

Jan 2016
Fax001s said:
FireFistYK said:
Fkn amazing episode!

I have to agree, it's pretty obvious that they are actually trying to do something good with this adaptation despite the budget limitations, it doesn't feel lazy. When it first aired i thought they would cram all the content in 12 episodes, but here we are now.

Exactly and people forget that an adaptation isn't a 1:1 of the VN because that's impossible and boring in a anime/tv series format. So they have to carefully consider what content to fit in and what they should adapt with a limited number of episodes and budget. If the producers only got a notice to make Alternative into an anime, then they can't do anything about that and we have to accept that. Also, most people I've talked to without any prior knowledge of Muv Luv seem to really like the anime.
Dec 14, 2022 1:42 PM
Oct 2022
FireFistYK said:
Fax001s said:

Exactly and people forget that an adaptation isn't a 1:1 of the VN because that's impossible and boring in a anime/tv series format. So they have to carefully consider what content to fit in and what they should adapt with a limited number of episodes and budget. If the producers only got a notice to make Alternative into an anime, then they can't do anything about that and we have to accept that. Also, most people I've talked to without any prior knowledge of Muv Luv seem to really like the anime.

Interesting, I also felt like that even if I didn't know muvluv vn would definitely love the anime. Tho not gonna lie with VN those deaths are more emotional then it would be without VN since they didn't introduce much from characters in anime (which is obvious since they don't have time I understand it)
Dec 14, 2022 2:17 PM

Jan 2008
Arthuro-Ray said:
They nailed most of the emotional scenes this season, I really wish they announce s3.

Either season 3, movie or ONA, we can take it.
Dec 14, 2022 2:25 PM
Apr 2021
I loved this episode, this is what Muv Luv Alternative is all about, they absolutely did the VN justice here, bravo man
Dec 14, 2022 3:57 PM
Dec 2022
How can someone actually dislike this episode is beyond me. Almost perfect adaptation.
SuperRobotLoverDec 14, 2022 4:12 PM
Dec 14, 2022 4:30 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The battle doesn’t come to an end without something tragic happening, but it was expected. Kashiwagi signed her death warrant when she went back to protect Captain Isumi, and Isumi signed hers when she chose the stay behind and self destruct the Susano-O, at least that’s how I saw it when those decisions were made lol. But both deaths were sad ones, Isumi’s was drawn out since she got to say goodbye to her squad with her final 10 minute of life. I may have saw it coming but that didn’t stop it from being sad.

And man that explosion reminds me of the Subspace Bombs from Smash Bros Brawl, talk about absolute annihilation. Also I’m not the biggest fans of seeing characters in the afterlife immediately after they die but that was a nice final scene for Isumi. And I’m ngl the battleship captain we saw often in this arc was one of my favorite characters lol, I was ready for him to die too but he stood his ground and kept it with his crew.
Dec 14, 2022 4:31 PM

Mar 2009
SuperRobotLover said:
How can someone actually dislike this episode is beyond me. Almost perfect adaptation.

lots of doomer and doom posting within the fanbase unfortunately, it's like they don't want the franchise to succeed
Dec 14, 2022 5:42 PM
Oct 2020
SuperRobotLover said:

For me, it’s the music choice and the weak voice acting performances, (especially by takeru’s VA) as well as unnecessary new scenes or changes to normal scenes. Some of it I’m okay with, like it making it more clear who went rogue and shot at Sagiri during the coup, (and I guess the first episode was decent on its own but terrible by making the first season even more rushed). But other than that, it’s all pointless shit they took from either the manga or made up on the spot.

It’s completely inferior to the vn in almost every way. The only part I can find enjoyable in this is the above average CGI mecha fights and the opening and ending themes (which shouldn’t have been used this episode as it doesn’t fit the tone at all)
Dec 14, 2022 5:45 PM
Oct 2020
Arthuro-Ray said:
SuperRobotLover said:

lots of doomer and doom posting within the fanbase unfortunately, it's like they don't want the franchise to succeed

Why do you think people want the franchise to fail? It’s too big to fail. It’s one of the biggest vn series in japan. a crappy anime like this isn’t gonna make it fail.
Dec 14, 2022 6:36 PM
Oct 2020
EmmyMoomin said:
Arthuro-Ray said:

Why do you think people want the franchise to fail? It’s too big to fail. It’s one of the biggest vn series in japan. a crappy anime like this isn’t gonna make it fail.

too big to fail? brother, this franchise is financially struggling for most of its existence. thanks to kouki's business acumen.
Dec 14, 2022 7:20 PM
Apr 2011
planetwarrior said:
Arthuro-Ray said:

Either season 3, movie or ONA, we can take it.

I agree with maybe going the movie route. Perhaps split the last two arcs into separate films? From an adaptation standpoint, it may be too drawn out if they try to do a S3 unless they shorten it to like 8 episodes. Plus with the movie option they'll hopefully have a higher budget.

I personally think they butchered the one animated VN scene of all the officers saluting in the first season, and I sincerely hope they do the final animated VN scene where
more justice. It deserves better than what we've had so far. So yeah, hoping for a movie or two to wrap this adaptation up.
Dec 14, 2022 7:28 PM
Oct 2020
dailybread said:
EmmyMoomin said:

too big to fail? brother, this franchise is financially struggling for most of its existence. thanks to kouki's business acumen.

It wouldn’t have an anime release at all, let alone two (and more if you count the non-muv luv ones based in the same series), if it was a dying franchise. It’s super popular, so it’s not gonna fail.
Dec 14, 2022 7:41 PM
Oct 2020
EmmyMoomin said:
dailybread said:

It wouldn’t have an anime release at all, let alone two (and more if you count the non-muv luv ones based in the same series), if it was a dying franchise. It’s super popular, so it’s not gonna fail.

kouki wouldn't have to sell muv-luv to avex and relinquish all his right to the franchise if it was so successful. Kouki can't even know what they will show what next episode will show. To quote kouki during the 1st season's airing.
Dec 14, 2022 7:50 PM
May 2016
EmmyMoomin said:
SuperRobotLover said:

For me, it’s the music choice and the weak voice acting performances, (especially by takeru’s VA) as well as unnecessary new scenes or changes to normal scenes. Some of it I’m okay with, like it making it more clear who went rogue and shot at Sagiri during the coup, (and I guess the first episode was decent on its own but terrible by making the first season even more rushed). But other than that, it’s all pointless shit they took from either the manga or made up on the spot.

It’s completely inferior to the vn in almost every way. The only part I can find enjoyable in this is the above average CGI mecha fights and the opening and ending themes (which shouldn’t have been used this episode as it doesn’t fit the tone at all)

kashiwaghi's death was handled much better than the VN imo. In the VN she was KO'd out of nowhere after being distracted for a split second without even knowing why. Here she was given the asuka treatment of absolutely raging out against the enemies until her last moment. Girl went out with a bang.

TheColonel76 said:
The battle doesn’t come to an end without something tragic happening, but it was expected. Kashiwagi signed her death warrant when she went back to protect Captain Isumi, and Isumi signed hers when she chose the stay behind and self destruct the Susano-O, at least that’s how I saw it when those decisions were made lol. But both deaths were sad ones, Isumi’s was drawn out since she got to say goodbye to her squad with her final 10 minute of life. I may have saw it coming but that didn’t stop it from being sad.

And man that explosion reminds me of the Subspace Bombs from Smash Bros Brawl, talk about absolute annihilation. Also I’m not the biggest fans of seeing characters in the afterlife immediately after they die but that was a nice final scene for Isumi. And I’m ngl the battleship captain we saw often in this arc was one of my favorite characters lol, I was ready for him to die too but he stood his ground and kept it with his crew.

so in the vn it had a slightly less heroic feel as kashiwaghi actually failed to stop the BETAs from getting on the susanoo thus leading to her death. The anime original development gave her a much better farewell
Dec 14, 2022 7:53 PM
Oct 2020
dailybread said:
EmmyMoomin said:

kouki wouldn't have to sell muv-luv to avex and relinquish all his right to the franchise if it was so successful. Kouki can't even know what they will show what next episode will show. To quote kouki during the 1st season's airing.

I don’t see the issue here. This doesn’t change the fact that it’s a huge franchise that’s super popular as I said.
Dec 14, 2022 7:56 PM
Oct 2020
EmmyMoomin said:
dailybread said:

I don’t see the issue here. This doesn’t change the fact that it’s a huge franchise that’s super popular as I said.

You said it was too big to fail while in fact it was almost always in trouble financially
Dec 14, 2022 8:02 PM
Oct 2020
dailybread said:
EmmyMoomin said:

You said it was too big to fail while in fact it was almost always in trouble financially

Do those mean the same thing? If that’s the case then I just used the wrong term. My point is it’s super popular and no amount of garbage that’s made in the franchise, like this anime, is going to get it to stop being popular. So it’s not going to fail regardless of how many poor financial decisions are made. That’s what I mean by it being big.
Dec 14, 2022 8:31 PM

Feb 2019
Absolutely phenomenal episode . Say what you want about this adaptation but these last few eps they have really nailed. Couldn’t help but get choked up during kashiwagi’s farewell. So many people we’ve seen die in the last few weeks that deserved so much better. This war has taken so much from so many. Pain.

Can’t wait for next week and hopefully an ova or something to wrap things up
Dec 14, 2022 9:03 PM
Oct 2020
EmmyMoomin said:
dailybread said:

Do those mean the same thing? If that’s the case then I just used the wrong term. My point is it’s super popular and no amount of garbage that’s made in the franchise, like this anime, is going to get it to stop being popular. So it’s not going to fail regardless of how many poor financial decisions are made. That’s what I mean by it being big.

Lol you are in denial. Avex is only doing this for money. If it doesn't make money, they will put it in the dead IP storage where it will never be touched on again. It has happened on "popular" franchise. Those who are more popular than muv-luv. Command and conquer comes to mind after they are bought by EA. Muv-Luv is big. But it's not big enough to give it immortality. You will need starwars-level big for that.
Dec 14, 2022 9:16 PM
Oct 2020
dailybread said:
EmmyMoomin said:

Lol you are in denial. Avex is only doing this for money. If it doesn't make money, they will put it in the dead IP storage where it will never be touched on again. It has happened on "popular" franchise. Those who are more popular than muv-luv. Command and conquer comes to mind after they are bought by EA. Muv-Luv is big. But it's not big enough to give it immortality. You will need starwars-level big for that.

I still don’t understand how you think it’ll fail. You haven’t said anything that could lead to it failing. You’ve only mentioned that kouki is a moron when it comes to business, (which I don’t disagree with, he made some ridiculous money decisions just to finish alternative,) and that the new company is greedy.

What you’re thinking of is money, money has nothing to do with something being popular. If something is popular, then it means it’s a success. The Franchise could die and it would still be a successful one. Your version of successful seems to be different from mine. And I’d say your version is incorrect.
Dec 14, 2022 9:32 PM
Oct 2020
EmmyMoomin said:
dailybread said:

I still don’t understand how you think it’ll fail. You haven’t said anything that could lead to it failing. You’ve only mentioned that kouki is a moron when it comes to business, (which I don’t disagree with, he made some ridiculous money decisions just to finish alternative,) and that the new company is greedy.

What you’re thinking of is money, money has nothing to do with something being popular. If something is popular, then it means it’s a success. The Franchise could die and it would still be a successful one. Your version of successful seems to be different from mine. And I’d say your version is incorrect.

Let's put it this way. Muv-Luv alternative was a success. Total Eclipse is a break-even venture. Schwarzesmarken is a failure, not because it was bad, but because they were losing money at that point. They were riding on alternative success on selling these spin-offs. But popularity ran out eventually. The only major success they had was 15 years ago. The main trilogy is the only thing that's driving this franchise onward. Muv-luv trilogy was released 15 years ago, and since then they have released several visual novels, 2 animes, 2 gacha games, and god knows how many other games. Now you tell me how many of these releases reach 1/10 of the success the main trilogy had. How many of those games died on launch? Muv-luv alternative is a success because it made them a lot of money and popularity that they could bank on for 2 decades onward but the franchise itself has never been what most people constitute as 'successful'. Muv-luv alternative was their once in a lifetime jackpot and the franchise is depending on them as life-support. inb4 kiminozo and other age vns fans roast me for it, those vns are a different discussion all-together.
Dec 14, 2022 10:04 PM
Oct 2020
dailybread said:
EmmyMoomin said:

Let's put it this way. Muv-Luv alternative was a success. Total Eclipse is a break-even venture. Schwarzesmarken is a failure, not because it was bad, but because they were losing money at that point. They were riding on alternative success on selling these spin-offs. But popularity ran out eventually. The only major success they had was 15 years ago. The main trilogy is the only thing that's driving this franchise onward. Muv-luv trilogy was released 15 years ago, and since then they have released several visual novels, 2 animes, 2 gacha games, and god knows how many other games. Now you tell me how many of these releases reach 1/10 of the success the main trilogy had. How many of those games died on launch? Muv-luv alternative is a success because it made them a lot of money and popularity that they could bank on for 2 decades onward but the franchise itself has never been what most people constitute as 'successful'. Muv-luv alternative was their once in a lifetime jackpot and the franchise is depending on them as life-support. inb4 kiminozo and other age vns fans roast me for it, those vns are a different discussion all-together.

Most of the muv luv VNs are well received, therefore they are popular. Of course none of them are more popular than alternative. The trilogy is always gonna be the most popular thing in the franchise when taking into account both of our versions of successfulness. again you’re only talking about money when I told you that’s not how I gauge a success. Muv luv is viewed favourably. It’s popular. If it’s not getting money, then tough. That’s life. It’s still popular regardless. It’s still successful. Muv Luv Integrate could sell only 100 copies, 50 copies, even, but depending on if it’s received well by those people who brought it, and the people who will pirate it, then it’ll be a successful game.

Anyway. The anime hasn’t done much good, getting back on track. Hating it and thinking it’s bad does not mean I want the muv luv franchise to fail, including financially (I’m not even pirating this). It means the anime sucks and I want a better one that doesn’t skip things and also ruin moments like in the last couple episodes, especially this one.
Dec 15, 2022 12:11 AM
Oct 2022
EmmyMoomin said:
SuperRobotLover said:

exactly, liked the episode but with vn original ost would be twice as good. only regret is the music in the anime. it has some good new ost but way worse than vn
Dec 15, 2022 12:28 AM
Jan 2019
I really really enjoyed this and I am glad that the anime, as flawed as it often is, manages to add to the original sometimes - specifically Kashiwagi's final stand which was quite intense in this version.
Dec 15, 2022 1:43 AM
Feb 2015
dailybread said:
EmmyMoomin said:

The reason why he sold it is because it was getting harder for Age to just produce the game on their own. Due to the animation of the mecha and all, it's too cost consuming, he even got into a huge debt to finish the story, so to keep the franchise alive he chose to sell it. Yoshimune himself has said before, he actually wanted to move on from Muv-Luv and create a new story unrelated to Muv-Luv but those working with him wanted him to keep producing Muv-Luv content. It's most likely out of concern if the new story would be successful or not. Just look at Baseson, they're milking Koihime Musou non-stop because it's their most successful series to date. This is one of the trend in VN producers, because they're successful is one category or stereotype, they became stagnant and focus on the ones that made them profit.
Dec 15, 2022 5:27 AM

Apr 2014
Very epic episode and how the studio executed Michiru's struggle and message to her's squad very good

Very sad this anime not so popular due previous season.
Hope they will adapt story of Michiru and her sisters rivality since I read Michiru's back story can read in one of VN like Hayase's and Suzumiya's back story
Dec 15, 2022 7:36 AM

Jan 2012
I feel like an original ending is coming with the anime only character
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Dec 15, 2022 12:17 PM

Jun 2015
Emotional damage!! When that end song kicked in with the few seconds to go I did tear up.

(Squeepig 4.89)
Roch2001Dec 15, 2022 1:41 PM
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 15, 2022 7:21 PM
Oct 2020
EmmyMoomin said:
dailybread said:

Most of the muv luv VNs are well received, therefore they are popular. Of course none of them are more popular than alternative. The trilogy is always gonna be the most popular thing in the franchise when taking into account both of our versions of successfulness. again you’re only talking about money when I told you that’s not how I gauge a success. Muv luv is viewed favourably. It’s popular. If it’s not getting money, then tough. That’s life. It’s still popular regardless. It’s still successful. Muv Luv Integrate could sell only 100 copies, 50 copies, even, but depending on if it’s received well by those people who brought it, and the people who will pirate it, then it’ll be a successful game.

Anyway. The anime hasn’t done much good, getting back on track. Hating it and thinking it’s bad does not mean I want the muv luv franchise to fail, including financially (I’m not even pirating this). It means the anime sucks and I want a better one that doesn’t skip things and also ruin moments like in the last couple episodes, especially this one.

Then your definition of successful is vastly different than mine. A well-received product could still not sell enough and thus be put down. i wouldn't call it successful. It might be a good product but that doesn't mean it's successful. What if the studio who made it doesn't make enough money to stay afloat? Is it still considered successful?
Dec 15, 2022 7:43 PM
Oct 2020
dailybread said:
EmmyMoomin said:

Then your definition of successful is vastly different than mine. A well-received product could still not sell enough and thus be put down. i wouldn't call it successful. It might be a good product but that doesn't mean it's successful. What if the studio who made it doesn't make enough money to stay afloat? Is it still considered successful?

That would still be successful, so long as it’s well received. The fact that a person or company can’t stay financially stable despite putting effort into their products, and said products getting positive reviews, is more a problem with society itself, and has nothing to do with if a product is successful or not.
Dec 16, 2022 7:38 PM

Jul 2019
As an Anime only who hasn't been the biggest fan of this show, I have to say, these last few episodes have really shined. This is what Muv luv does well, and it shows. I feel the weakest part of this season in particular, has been the dimension hopping. While it may have worked in the VN, I kind feel like they should have cut it for the Anime, as it felt unnecessary, and a huge waste of time, and instead devoted that time to really building up a lot of these side characters. In any war story, you are going to have losses, and you want your audience to feel something for those losses. And while this was a really great episode, I still just don't feel like I know or remember these characters very well. So most of the emotional impact is lost on me. Especially since they keep introducing so many new squads, when I still don't even feel like we've spent much time with our original squad. There are too many characters crammed into too few episodes. I can really only see this adaptation working for fans of the VN, who already know these characters, and have an attachment to them, so they can see some of these really great moments finally animated.

Muv Luv was always on my list of VN's to check out, but after the first season, it dropped way down the list, but these last few episodes have definitely brought my interest back up, as its really starting to show what this story can be, and that's exciting. (and spoilers don't bother me, if the story is good enough, then knowing the destination, won't diminish my enjoyment of the journey), So I will be bumping this back up a few spots on my VN checklist.
Dec 17, 2022 3:43 AM
Jul 2021
Jackson1333 said:
As an Anime only who hasn't been the biggest fan of this show, I have to say, these last few episodes have really shined. This is what Muv luv does well, and it shows. I feel the weakest part of this season in particular, has been the dimension hopping. While it may have worked in the VN, I kind feel like they should have cut it for the Anime, as it felt unnecessary, and a huge waste of time, and instead devoted that time to really building up a lot of these side characters. In any war story, you are going to have losses, and you want your audience to feel something for those losses. And while this was a really great episode, I still just don't feel like I know or remember these characters very well. So most of the emotional impact is lost on me. Especially since they keep introducing so many new squads, when I still don't even feel like we've spent much time with our original squad. There are too many characters crammed into too few episodes. I can really only see this adaptation working for fans of the VN, who already know these characters, and have an attachment to them, so they can see some of these really great moments finally animated.

Muv Luv was always on my list of VN's to check out, but after the first season, it dropped way down the list, but these last few episodes have definitely brought my interest back up, as its really starting to show what this story can be, and that's exciting. (and spoilers don't bother me, if the story is good enough, then knowing the destination, won't diminish my enjoyment of the journey), So I will be bumping this back up a few spots on my VN checklist.

Cutting out the PTSD arc would have been tantamount to heresy as it quite literally defines "Muv Luv". If they had removed that arc in the adaptation I bet a great number of VN fans would've gotten mad, foamed at the mouth, and died. So in the list of things not to do in an adaptation, that would have been the no.1 no no. That being said, they did get rid of most of the parts that made it good and chose to instead focus on sadogashima arc.

I do agree with what you said though. Ultimately, I can see this working best only as supplementary material for when you've actually finished reading the VN.
blueahDec 17, 2022 4:05 AM
Dec 17, 2022 6:20 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Man imagine if they'd actually put this amount of effort into the anime from the beginning instead. These last few episodes have been great and actually felt like a proper adaptation. I just wish we could've had this level of quality throughout
Dec 17, 2022 12:29 PM
Oct 2022
Doge_Karim said:
Very epic episode and how the studio executed Michiru's struggle and message to her's squad very good

Very sad this anime not so popular due previous season.
Hope they will adapt story of Michiru and her sisters rivality since I read Michiru's back story can read in one of VN like Hayase's and Suzumiya's back story
I wanted marimo / isumi fight from the past to show in flashback, but it won't happen guess so
Dec 17, 2022 3:19 PM

Apr 2015
While I still wouldn't recommend this anime to anyone who didn't already read the VN, I gotta give this season credit for giving this arc (or how to call it) proper treatment. If the whole anime had this quality, it would be a great anime, still not being better than the VN, but a very good adaptation.

I didn't bawl my eyes out this time like when I read the VN, but I did feel pretty invested. If we get another season or movie, I hope the following arcs will get this kind of treatment. It will make it a lot more enjoyable for me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dailybread - Oct 12, 2022

85 by CafeAlpha »»
May 5, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion

dailybread - Oct 5, 2022

39 by Otakuwhip »»
Jan 27, 7:15 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2022

31 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2022

40 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 6:11 AM

» Worth watching?

TacoQZ - Oct 21, 2022

26 by otakuops7 »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.