Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2022 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
It's nothing too special but the food made this episode looked so natural and simple. Pretty much the DYI type of meal anyone can make, especially this cast.

I also like how the cast constantly challenges themselves for their adventures. Gotta get those useful equipment too!
Dec 13, 2022 7:59 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 13, 2022 8:03 AM

Feb 2020
Wholesome stuff as usual.

Good luck with Mt. Fuji, Aoi! I hope you can do it this time. :3
Dec 13, 2022 8:14 AM

Apr 2016
All the preparations/plans to climb the mount Fuji the second time are set, next week's last episode gonna be full on climb. Probably the best way how to end the season. Whole gang is assembled too, thats a good thing.
Dec 13, 2022 8:32 AM

Apr 2014
Mt. Fuji redemption. You can do it! Aoi!! This time will finally be yours.

Locations:
Mt. Kumotori - the highest point in Tokyo
Hanno Ebisu Shrine
Subashiri Trailhead
The Sanso Kikuya where they took a rest and ate some food was also appearing in Super Cub.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 13, 2022 9:00 AM

Apr 2017
Well that was an unexpected turn of events. From the preview pictures I expected them to climb Mount Kumotori (this week without typo in the HIDIVE subs) as the big mountain of this season with some additional stuff next episode. But as it turns out, we quickly go over two manga chapters only to end up planning for the trip to Mount Fuji. But that made clear that the final boss of Next Summit would be Mount Fuji itself. Not totally out of nowhere, but given that we were just at the beginning of April and now it's the end of July it does seem odd that they decided to skip three volumes of content from the manga. That and other chapters that were left out could probably fill another season with half-length episodes.

Either way, now it's time for Mount Fuji and for such an occasion it's a good a idea to get some new gear. Aoi buys a new backpack that gives her additional support. I'm actually surprised this hasn't come up earlier because carrying heavy gear with her usual backpack sounds like a pain. And given how invested she is in hiking it wouldn't have been a bad idea to get it earlier. But with a new backpack and a solid plan they make their way up the mountain, sadly with a lot of fog this time. At least Michael and Jennifer are there as well, I can't believe they actually show up again. Hilarious.

Adaption-wise this is a bit of a mess. The first scene on Mount Kumotori is from volume 12, basically where the last episode left off. Though in the manga Honoka isn't there, only Kokona and Hinata. The route planning for Mount Fuji is from the end of volume 15. Quite the skip there already. Not really sure where they go to buy the new backpack, I remember having seen it somewhere, but flipping through the manga I couldn't find it anywhere. At least I was able to find when Honoka got her new camera - that was from volume 19, which is long after the climb up Mount Fuji and even longer after the climb up Mount Kumotori. And then there is the climb up Mount Fuji itself, which takes place over the entirety of volume 16. So this and the next episode will adapt chapters from there.
Dec 13, 2022 9:33 AM

Apr 2010
The second attempt at climbing mount Fuji.
The girls did a lot more preparations this time so that part should be fine the question now is will the make it?
They certainly are determined to get there so next week should be interesting.
Dec 13, 2022 9:38 AM

Mar 2021
Another fantastic episode off to Mt Fuji again and This time Aoi is Going to climb it fully
Dec 13, 2022 10:05 AM

Jul 2015
Oi, chill out, Hikari. It's not that kind of show.

Or maybe she is just projecting, because her recent breakup still bothers her and she thinks about it all the time.

Dec 13, 2022 11:06 AM

Jul 2015
Serafos said:
Wholesome stuff as usual.

Good luck with Mt. Fuji, Aoi! I hope you can do it this time. :3

IKR
Aoi worked so hard and grew so much, that this time she will totally succeed without breaking a sweat. Seeing her development is pure joy to watch.

Dec 13, 2022 12:15 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ohh so now we're up to trying the Mt Fuji again, and of course you have the backpack picking since getting a new one is needed, hopefully things will go better this time
Dec 13, 2022 1:07 PM

Dec 2013
It is a shame Koharu didn't get to go with the girls, round two for Aoi, let's go!
Dec 13, 2022 2:59 PM

Mar 2016
Absolutely loved this episode, can't wait for the next one! The return of the Americans was something I was hoping for, but not expecting at all, they even brought back their VAs from season 2.
Dec 14, 2022 1:36 AM

Sep 2010
RobbiRobb said:
Well that was an unexpected turn of events. From the preview pictures I expected them to climb Mount Kumotori (this week without typo in the HIDIVE subs) as the big mountain of this season with some additional stuff next episode. But as it turns out, we quickly go over two manga chapters only to end up planning for the trip to Mount Fuji. But that made clear that the final boss of Next Summit would be Mount Fuji itself. Not totally out of nowhere, but given that we were just at the beginning of April and now it's the end of July it does seem odd that they decided to skip three volumes of content from the manga. That and other chapters that were left out could probably fill another season with half-length episodes.

Either way, now it's time for Mount Fuji and for such an occasion it's a good a idea to get some new gear. Aoi buys a new backpack that gives her additional support. I'm actually surprised this hasn't come up earlier because carrying heavy gear with her usual backpack sounds like a pain. And given how invested she is in hiking it wouldn't have been a bad idea to get it earlier. But with a new backpack and a solid plan they make their way up the mountain, sadly with a lot of fog this time. At least Michael and Jennifer are there as well, I can't believe they actually show up again. Hilarious.

Adaption-wise this is a bit of a mess. The first scene on Mount Kumotori is from volume 12, basically where the last episode left off. Though in the manga Honoka isn't there, only Kokona and Hinata. The route planning for Mount Fuji is from the end of volume 15. Quite the skip there already. Not really sure where they go to buy the new backpack, I remember having seen it somewhere, but flipping through the manga I couldn't find it anywhere. At least I was able to find when Honoka got her new camera - that was from volume 19, which is long after the climb up Mount Fuji and even longer after the climb up Mount Kumotori. And then there is the climb up Mount Fuji itself, which takes place over the entirety of volume 16. So this and the next episode will adapt chapters from there.
Hm... thanks for the perspective on the manga. Is there an official translation of it, or are unofficial translations my only option?

Still, this season has been time-skipping a lot. It looks like it was autumn around the start of the non-recap episodes, then there were some winter/Christmas episodes, then spring, and now summer again, so, almost a full year in 8 episodes. Then that plant around Aoi's staff seemed to grow from short to tall in just the timespan of this episode. I'm sure it was already tall in season 3... different plant?

Also, I kind of presumed the staff was the sort of item you bought a new one of every time you climbed Mt Fuji, since it seems to be stamped with the current year.

Season 2 looks like it took 3 half-length episodes for Mt Fuji, while this season is taking maybe just a bit more than 1 full episode, so, maybe only slightly denser this time.

Reminder: Japan is open to foreign tourists again. xD
-and unlike Jobko from Do It Yourself, these ones actually sound like foreigners.
Dec 14, 2022 2:41 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
assault on Mount Fuji, will they all succeed this time? kekeke
Dec 14, 2022 8:54 AM

Apr 2017
Takata said:

Hm... thanks for the perspective on the manga. Is there an official translation of it, or are unofficial translations my only option?

There is no official translation (I still have hope that some day we get one) and the unofficial translation is only up volume 7, which is somewhere in the middle of season 3. The insight I have given in these threads is solely based on what I can see in the images and the small amount of Japanese I am able to read.

Takata said:

Still, this season has been time-skipping a lot. It looks like it was autumn around the start of the non-recap episodes, then there were some winter/Christmas episodes, then spring, and now summer again, so, almost a full year in 8 episodes. Then that plant around Aoi's staff seemed to grow from short to tall in just the timespan of this episode. I'm sure it was already tall in season 3... different plant?

Yeah, I was initially hoping they would take a slower pace at adapting the source material, since there would be enough to fill two seasons. But I guess it wouldn't have been as marketable without a big goal in the end. Still sad to not only have it feel slightly rushed (especially considering the fact that they decided to waste the first four episodes on recaps) but also thinking about all the content that was left out. Hopefully we get another season in the future that then adapts the missing content. This has happened in past seasons as well.

Takata said:

Also, I kind of presumed the staff was the sort of item you bought a new one of every time you climbed Mt Fuji, since it seems to be stamped with the current year.

Yeah, it seems weird to not get a new one. Though to be honest, I'm with Aoi here (and already was there in season 2) - you don't actually want that staff on the climb. It will only get in the way. You need your hands for harder passages and catching you if you fall. If you want some support, get actual hiking poles. They'll always be the better choice in the mountains.
Dec 14, 2022 1:36 PM

Sep 2020
Didn't expect the season to cover the Mount Fuji part, really looking forward to it~Hope Aoi can succeed this time.
Dec 14, 2022 2:27 PM

Jul 2016
Oh man... I really wanted the loli senpai to accompany them. Such a shame but at least we have Honoka joining the girls this time.

Nice buildup episode. Aoi is ready to challenge Mt. Fuji and so is the couple of foreigners from season 2.
Dec 16, 2022 12:34 AM

Sep 2010
RobbiRobb said:
Takata said:

Yeah, I was initially hoping they would take a slower pace at adapting the source material, since there would be enough to fill two seasons. But I guess it wouldn't have been as marketable without a big goal in the end. Still sad to not only have it feel slightly rushed (especially considering the fact that they decided to waste the first four episodes on recaps) but also thinking about all the content that was left out. Hopefully we get another season in the future that then adapts the missing content. This has happened in past seasons as well.
From another point of view though, it's been about 8 years since season 2 showed Aoi 's first attempt at Mt Fuji (a bit less for me since I only started watching this series shortly after season 3 finished). Maybe Aoi's second attempt is due for an adaptation now? And yet I'm inclined to agree with you that the anime has rushed a bit to get to this point this soon. I guess the watch-time equivalent of 1 1/2 seasons of anime (latter half of season 2, season 3, and the non-recap part of season 4) doesn't really feel equivalent to most of a full year of waiting and training for Aoi in-universe.

Given that the adaptation of Aoi's second climb of Mt Fuji was unexpected, maybe its inclusion can't be a marketing thing. Still... Mt Fuji is featured so prominently in the OP that maybe the anime had to deliver on it, even if it would also feel fine for it to remain in the background as an aspirational goal that Aoi has to wait until the next climbing season to attempt.
Dec 16, 2022 2:58 AM

Apr 2017
Takata said:
RobbiRobb said:

From another point of view though, it's been about 8 years since season 2 showed Aoi 's first attempt at Mt Fuji (a bit less for me since I only started watching this series shortly after season 3 finished). Maybe Aoi's second attempt is due for an adaptation now? And yet I'm inclined to agree with you that the anime has rushed a bit to get to this point this soon. I guess the watch-time equivalent of 1 1/2 seasons of anime (latter half of season 2, season 3, and the non-recap part of season 4) doesn't really feel equivalent to most of a full year of waiting and training for Aoi in-universe.

Given that the adaptation of Aoi's second climb of Mt Fuji was unexpected, maybe its inclusion can't be a marketing thing. Still... Mt Fuji is featured so prominently in the OP that maybe the anime had to deliver on it, even if it would also feel fine for it to remain in the background as an aspirational goal that Aoi has to wait until the next climbing season to attempt.

I'm sure it actually is a marketing thing. The season is not called Next Summit without a reason. I even think it was mentioned at some point that the season was about Aoi getting her second chance on Mount Fuji, though I don't have source for that right now, so it might be wrong.
Still, I was hoping they would have decided to take it at a slightly slower pace, doing a split cours with the skipped chapters and the climb of Mount Fuji in the spring season or something. Oh well, now I can just hope we get another season that adapts those chapters. With the manga still ongoing at least that's not entirely out of the window.
Dec 17, 2022 3:27 AM

Oct 2017
Good to have more Kaede. Finally MT.Fuji again, hope Aoi makes it this time. Can't believe there's only one more episode left.
Dec 17, 2022 10:58 AM

Oct 2008
go for it Aoi! don't give-up! we knew your first try at Mt Fuji was a failure but like everyone said! failure is a stepping stone and the next would be a success!!
5/5.

Dec 19, 2022 12:42 AM

Nov 2018
How much have I waited for this moment!! Yay!!! There will be new routes too! How exciting!!! I am in high anticipation, but I'm also a bit saddened that this series is so close to its end 😢.
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Dec 25, 2022 3:20 PM

Nov 2009
Takata said:

Reminder: Japan is open to foreign tourists again. xD
-and unlike Jobko from Do It Yourself, these ones actually sound like foreigners.

In this anime world, Covid never existed tho, so this is just a random reference, lol. (or actually just a common reaction of returnees)

Cause if they followed the Real World, they would all have to be wearing Masks. In fact, majority of Japan are still wearing masks when they're outdoors and is still recommended for Foreigners to also wear masks.

___ ___ ___

LOL @ Hikari start to talk/ assume that Aoi is taking time off to go with her boyfriend. College girl be hyping up that romance talk, LOL.

Also, for being a college girl, Hikari looks super young, at first I thought she was in high school like Aoi...

___ ___ ___

Also, Kokona be good Waifu material, she's cute, she's nice AND she can cook.

Afterwards they went shopping for new equipment to climb Mt.Fuji. And Aoi picked a lighter simple looking Backpack.

Meanwhile Hinata is packing her own packs and thinking of packing light cause she might end up carrying Aoi's pack... pre-planning for Aoi's fail huh... LOL

And the weather changes so much, that they end up having to climb while it's raining...

Aoi's mom is right to be worried, especially since rain on Mt.Fuji is "freezing rain" cause it's so cold up there.

Tho it looks like it's just going to be cloudy.
amlgDec 25, 2022 3:39 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 8, 2023 1:26 PM

May 2021
Great episode. I hope Aoi is able to successfully climb Mt. Fuji this time.
Jul 11, 2023 10:47 AM

Feb 2018
With all the planning done its time to challenge Mount Fuji again!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Next Summit Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2022

61 by Ryoketsu »»
May 24, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Next Summit Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2022

32 by ProofByColor »»
May 23, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Next Summit Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2022

62 by jpmc »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:29 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Next Summit Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2022

33 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 28, 2023 3:17 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Next Summit Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2022

21 by corvKa »»
Jul 11, 2023 8:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.