Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 9, 2022 1:34 PM
Jul 2017
So cute and easy to watch. Iyashikei might be what I needed.
Oct 11, 2022 1:47 AM
Aug 2021
First time I’m watching this, and to me the pace is extreeeemly fast! It feels like they have squished 2-3 episodes into 1
Oct 12, 2022 12:41 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I didn't realize how much I missed Yama no Susume, and tbh, I think over time, I've come to enjoy the series even more~

The first ~8 minutes was such a treat to watch due to the quality and the character acting ^^
Oct 18, 2022 3:21 PM
Oct 2020
was very very cute and gave similar vibes to yuru camp at first glance
Oct 20, 2022 2:49 PM

May 2020
i just realized how fast all previous seasons are
Oct 25, 2022 7:18 PM
Mar 2012
beautiful mountains, expressive animation, all round super comfy music. All them characters adorable.
Lots of nostalgia, pretty sure saw some shorts long ago, Aoi & Hinata seem bit different, tho Aoi headtilts got saved nice.
Edits are jumpy, but it's recap of shorts so that's expected, bit like a 4-koma.
Fpv shots in OP pretty cool.
Oct 31, 2022 2:42 AM

Jun 2016
Pinging all relevant past comments!

So I've been using the fact that s4 has recaps as an excuse to bring people into watching this show with me, and well we've (a group of 6 people) been watching a few episodes each week. Since I already put in the effort to make an optimized watchlist for the plausible best experience, I thought it wouldn't hurt to share with anyone else who's hoping to get into the series starting with Next Summit!

Each of these chunks should be watched in one sitting for the best experience!

note: s1 stands for season 1, e1 stands for episode 1
[s1] s4e1, s1e4, s1e11 (~30 min)
[s2 optional] s2e4, s2e6, s2e8 (~39 min)
[s2 part1] s2e9, s2e10, s2e11, s2e12 (~52 min)
[s2 part2] s4e3 (24 min)
[s3 part0] s3e6. s3e4 (~26 min)
[s3 part1] s3e7, s3e8, s3e9, s3e10 (~52 min)
[s3 part2] s3e11, s3e12, s3e13 (~39 min)

In case there is any confusion which episodes correspond to which titles:
(there was an issue with one 𝑓ånśub file that a friend downloaded in which the episode numbering was off by one)

note: the words in the [] are the names of recommended 𝑓ånśubś for this episode if you are a pirate
(there aren't any legal streaming services for Yama no Susume English sub currently. Get on that Crunchyroll!!!)

[SubsPlease] S4 - E01 - "1st Season: Spring"
[WBDP] S1 - E04 - Showdown! Mountain Cooking!
[WBDP] S1 - E11 - Tomorrow is Outdoors!

[WBDP] S2 - E04 - Excitement After the Descent
[WBDP] S2 - E06 - Because It's What I Love
[WBDP] S2 - E08 - Encouragement of Swim

[WBDP] S2 - E09 - Wonderful Memories
[WBDP] S2 - E10 - We Finally Meet, Mt Fuji!
[WBDP] S2 - E11 - Mt Fuji Isn't a Cakewalk
[WBDP] S2 - E12 - I've Had Enough!

[Zafkiel] S4 - E03 - "2nd season: Summer Part 2"

[WBDP] S3 - E06 - What Does Coffee Taste Like
[WBDP] S3 - E04 - Going Out With Classmates!

[WBDP] S3 - E07 - She Who Will Not Work Shall Not Climb
[WBDP] S3 - E08 - A Pair of Plans
[WBDP] S3 - E09 - Respective Perspectives
[WBDP] S3 - E10 - Passing Seasons

[WBDP] S3 - E11 - Awkward Traverses
[WBDP] S3 - E12 - Friends
[WBDP] S3 - E13 - It's a Secret

Hamlock said:
Very happy this show is back! Next Summit feels like it wants to bring new newcomers to the series, and I sincerely hope they enjoy the show.

Part of me is worried about how they will tackle the stories from seasons 2 and 3 in the recap, considering they needed quite a bit of build-up for the emotional moments to hit. Overall there is not much to say besides the OP and ED are great, and I hope the show continues to be great.
DavidArcher said:
I've just finished season 2 and am starting season 3 so I'll probably just skip these first few episodes. I don't really mind if they exist as an alternative entry point though. Even if you remove them 8 24-minute episodes is still a longer overall runtime of new content then the 13 13-minute episodes of season 3.
Hamlock said:
Very happy this show is back! Next Summit feels like it wants to bring new newcomers to the series, and I sincerely hope they enjoy the show.

Part of me is worried about how they will tackle the stories from seasons 2 and 3 in the recap, considering they needed quite a bit of build-up for the emotional moments to hit. Overall there is not much to say besides the OP and ED are great, and I hope the show continues to be great.

Sardinecow said:
Hamlock said:

^ These are my feelings as well.

I've been using these recaps as an opportunity to introduce a few friends into the series, and I was already kinda expecting that the first season would be pretty one-to-one with the first episode given their length. The prologue and OP-ED gave the episode something refreshing, and on lieu with memory lane, I didn't mind at all that the episode only just neatly stitched together scenes from s1. Loved the scene in the OP where the characters are heading out in the POV from someone else significant in their lives. That being said, yeah. Are the recaps going to be able to encapsulate s2 - s3... A bit worrisome.

Nekko_Khayal88 said:
I regretted watching the entire S1 just a few days ago. This entire episode felt meaningless to me. Luckily, I saw the recap news when I'm about to start watching S2.

But still, argh.........

DavidArcher said:
I've just finished season 2 and am starting season 3 so I'll probably just skip these first few episodes. I don't really mind if they exist as an alternative entry point though. Even if you remove them 8 24-minute episodes is still a longer overall runtime of new content then the 13 13-minute episodes of season 3.
SardinecowOct 31, 2022 9:12 PM
Nov 17, 2022 6:50 PM
Nov 2022
It was more of a recap episode of how Aoi met her friends. It's super sweet but not really what I am eager to see from this show. Absolutely adore the season's op and ed though ♥
Nov 20, 2022 6:27 AM
Dec 2010
Mostly a Recap, makes this more standalone but I'd still recommend the original 3 seasons for the best experience watching this.
Dec 2, 2022 12:40 PM

May 2021
I only finished Season 3 about two days ago, so I wanted to start Season 4 while it's still airing. Anyways, this episode was really good & it was nice to see a bit more of Aoi's life before she got into high school.
Dec 23, 2022 2:44 PM

Nov 2009
(finally got to this series)

But I did not expect this season to be full episodes... (I was gonna try and do a speed watch to catch up before next season anime starts...)

They went from 3 min eps, to 5 min to 13 min, and now 24 min, interesting.

Well, since I am already late, gonna just skip the first few recap episodes, lol.

But yea, it was interesting to see they do a recap of pretty much the entire first season, lol.
amlgDec 23, 2022 2:48 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Nov 17, 2023 2:23 PM

Jan 2021
Well that was a massive disappointment. It was just a re-airing of part of season 1 but felt even more rushed. What was even the point? People just starting a series don't usually jump into it at season 4 and old fans would've already seen all this. Feels lazy on the part of the devs. After all these years they finally get to have 24 minutes an episode and squander it by just rehashing old stuff. I don't even know if these old scenes were newly animated. It could've been a straight re-use of the old prints for all I could tell. Sounds like the next set of episodes will be the same. It's like this show just cannot advance beyond that one summer. Even season 2 of Non Non Biyori when they had it take place in the same summer they still came up with new material. Just wtf? Kinda more mad at the fact I get to have one pot of tea a week to have with watching something I like and I just wasted it on this recap instead of seeing something new. The least they can do if they do a flashback episode is sprinkle in at least SOME new content in between the old clips.

tl;dr this ep was a complete waste of time >:(
Dec 10, 2023 8:29 PM
Feb 2012
Deeply desapointed. I just rewatched the previous 3 seasons to get 4 recaps in the new season!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Next Summit Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2022

61 by Ryoketsu »»
May 24, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Next Summit Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2022

32 by ProofByColor »»
May 23, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Next Summit Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2022

33 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 28, 2023 3:17 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Next Summit Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2022

25 by corvKa »»
Jul 11, 2023 10:47 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Next Summit Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2022

21 by corvKa »»
Jul 11, 2023 8:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.