Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 23, 2022 6:46 AM
Oct 2020
The redesign could've been done better. I don't expect the same carbon copy helmet hair, but I'd prefer helmet hair than the new redesign.

Sep 23, 2022 8:18 PM
Feb 2015
My main issue with the new design is how they standardize most parts of the characters. If it's not because of the height, hair color, I'm sure we could easily mix up two or three characters already. I couldn't differentiate Isumi & Munakata immediately during the TSF combat in the coup d'état arc.
Sep 23, 2022 11:10 PM
Jul 2018
I recognize that screen-shot. ;)
Here have more:

And a comparison image:

New redesigns are horrible, and this series being the lowest budget Muv-Luv anime doesn't help the cause. My bet is they simplified them to easily animate, not so much introduce the series to a newer audience.As we see from the anime failing to garner a new audience, quite few will get into this franchise with those crap designs, and the ones that do end up disliking them anyway. We're out of luck, we could have gotten a decent EXTRA anime in the 00s but it was axed, never to be.
Sep 26, 2022 12:50 AM
Jul 2018
Hello, me again. So I asked around, and I gathered that the redesigns are based off of Immortals, not the visual novel.
https://muvluv.fandom.com/wiki/Immortals
It is the new gacha game that was launched in 2022s corresponding with the anime release beforehand to advertise it. Even the first episode adapts the start of the game and not the start of the vn.

So we wasted an anime adaptation on a failed gacha game. I don't know about anyone else but that is depressing to me.
Sep 26, 2022 1:37 AM
Jan 2019
TakeruShirogane said:
Hello, me again. So I asked around, and I gathered that the redesigns are based off of Immortals, not the visual novel.

What are you on about, the designs in Immortals are completely different and the first episode has nothing to do with it either.
Sep 26, 2022 4:20 AM
Jul 2018
Incognimous said:
TakeruShirogane said:

What are you on about, the designs in Immortals are completely different and the first episode has nothing to do with it either.

I asked around this is what was told to me:
"the designs are 1:1 with the Immortals designs. There's no attempt to match the original character designs"

"first episode of MLA had that Immortals-esque tie in with the walls"

Yeah my bad, they said the walls, not the start.
and judging from pictures the cast looks more a kin to their modernized anime variants than the original novel sprites
Was told that the MLA anime might be based on the manga, as there is a manga original character that ended up being in the first episode. No idea the validity of that as I haven't read the manga of Alternative yet.
removed-userSep 26, 2022 4:33 AM
Sep 26, 2022 7:19 AM
Jan 2019
TakeruShirogane said:
Was told that the MLA anime might be based on the manga, as there is a manga original character that ended up being in the first episode. No idea the validity of that as I haven't read the manga of Alternative yet.

Sort of, the anime has several scenes that first appeared in the manga (including those that have that manga original character)
Sep 28, 2022 6:54 PM

Nov 2008
TakeruShirogane said:
https://muvluv.fandom.com/wiki/Immortals
It is the new gacha game that was launched in 2022s corresponding with the anime release beforehand to advertise it. Even the first episode adapts the start of the game and not the start of the vn.

So we wasted an anime adaptation on a failed gacha game. I don't know about anyone else but that is depressing to me.
ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME, they based the designs off a shitty Gacha Smartphone game that no one heard or played, what a punch of retards and that is super depressing.

THANK GOD I dodge a bullet, because I always hated Alternative from the get go, because my girl Meiya is not the main one and be with Takeru, instead its the boring red head and I DESPISED the ending too.

Also that garbage design is not my Meiya, THIS is my Meiya.

Oct 7, 2022 7:46 AM

Feb 2016
Way better than the og
Oct 10, 2022 2:40 PM

Jul 2014
stoianracing said:
If you still do not know web design, you should study it because it is a very modern direction in today's business and very much in demand. Now we live in an information-loaded world, and web design is becoming more and more fresh and minimalistic, which helps to navigate the choice of this or that product or service. I think that I was allowed to study branding design from Design Agency London

Death to modern web design.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dailybread - Oct 12, 2022

85 by CafeAlpha »»
May 5, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion

dailybread - Oct 5, 2022

39 by Otakuwhip »»
Jan 27, 7:15 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2022

31 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2022

40 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 6:11 AM

» Worth watching?

TacoQZ - Oct 21, 2022

26 by otakuops7 »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.