Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 22, 2022 4:48 PM
Mar 2021
Just wanted to know why is this anime really overhated, I watched all seasons and sure it’s not the best shounen ever and the mc is pretty lacklustre compared to other shounen mcs but as a whole I feel like mha does a solid job as a shounen idk what do you guys think ?
Sep 22, 2022 4:53 PM

Oct 2015
I don’t hate the anime. I just don’t enjoy MHA because I have grown out of battle shounen.

EDIT: Shounen anime plot and characters tend to be generic, such as predictable plot and cliche protagonist, this includes MHA. The only special cases are D Gray Man and Katekyo Hitman Reborn.

EDIT2: Not sure about HxH, I dropped it in episode 30s because at that time I watched it, I have already grown out of battle shounen. I heard from many people that the plot is filled with plot twists.
NewestPersonHereSep 22, 2022 5:02 PM
Sep 22, 2022 5:03 PM
May 2022
armzy__ said:
Just wanted to know why is this anime really overhated, I watched all seasons and sure it’s not the best shounen ever and the mc is pretty lacklustre compared to other shounen mcs but as a whole I feel like mha does a solid job as a shounen idk what do you guys think ?

It’s not hated bc it’s of the characters or animation, it’s hated bc of the fan base. Literally is the worst fan base of all time. Chainsaw Man’s isn’t too far behind either.
Sep 22, 2022 5:06 PM
Mar 2021
Sol007 said:
armzy__ said:

It’s not hated bc it’s of the characters or animation, it’s hated bc of the fan base. Literally is the worst fan base of all time. Chainsaw Man’s isn’t too far behind either.

Fair enough I hear that, their fanbase is annoying at times ngl, I think chainsawman is a different case tho I think their fans are just hyped and more time they’re chill.
Sep 22, 2022 5:08 PM

Jul 2015
Because fandom is quite toxic. It is filled with shippers and those do not care about story, but which characters they want to end up together.
Also, it is very popular, so...

Sep 22, 2022 5:12 PM
Jun 2021
take one look at twitter and you’ll find your answer
Sep 22, 2022 5:13 PM
Aug 2021
I dunno. I love it. But I definitely see why others don’t.

I think most of the criticisms tend to be justified, although it’s also definitely used as an easy excuse for certain people to release their bottled up anger and/or troll energy, as well as make use of their expansive vocabulary, such as mid, and Mid Academia, and My Mid Academid, and mid, and mid.

Overall, I’m a big fan of superheroes, and I really enjoy the super powers and character designs in this. Also really enjoy the characters themselves as well, although my only two complaints on that front would be Mineta, as well as Deku’s insistence on having a flashback every two seconds and constantly repeating the same two catchphrases over and over.

So yeah. The fights are cool, it’s got an easy to follow yet fun and attention capturing story, fun characters for the most part, and lots of cool, decently creative powers. And that’s exactly what a shonen anime should be in my eyes. Super hyped for season 6.
Sep 22, 2022 5:26 PM
Sep 2021
INSANELYWP said:
take one look at twitter and you’ll find your answer

that doesn't count, everyone knows that everything on twitter sucks.
Sep 22, 2022 7:55 PM

Aug 2015
Because social media has brainwashed people into thinking that everything has to be an extreme and that their opinion matters to anyone other than themselves. They can't just watch the show and then go on with their day.
Controversial opinions
Sep 22, 2022 8:04 PM
Jun 2022
armzy__ said:

don't know, i guess, i mean it's very good especially the fighting part, yes not demon slayer or fate series but still very good, i think it's hated because the fanbase also hates other shows, basically just inability of people to process that more than 3 anime can be good in the entire genre
Sep 22, 2022 8:21 PM
Aug 2022
Sol007 said:
armzy__ said:

One piece fandom is the worst from what I've seen.
Sep 22, 2022 8:34 PM
Jul 2022
NewestPersonHere said:
I don’t hate the anime. I just don’t enjoy MHA because I have grown out of battle shounen.

EDIT: Shounen anime plot and characters tend to be generic, such as predictable plot and cliche protagonist, this includes MHA. The only special cases are D Gray Man and Katekyo Hitman Reborn.

EDIT2: Not sure about HxH, I dropped it in episode 30s because at that time I watched it, I have already grown out of battle shounen. I heard from many people that the plot is filled with plot twists.

wait what? HxH didn't had any plot holes, maybe 1-2. You should Fullmetal Alchemists maybe.
Sep 22, 2022 8:39 PM
Apr 2022
armzy__ said:

it's not Overhated it's Overrated
Sep 22, 2022 9:14 PM
Feb 2021
Sol007 said:
armzy__ said:

No honestly the hate for this show honestly trumps the cringe fanbase. I see WAY more people try to hate on MHA just for the sake of it and I honestly don’t really see anymore cringe fans which I’m sure is still there but this show really does get overhated in the most literal sense. People really do go out of their way to shit on MHA just for the sake of it that’s different from criticism. Nux Taku was honestly right for how much toxic cringe fans there are there just as many toxic haters
Sep 22, 2022 10:50 PM
Jul 2018
Mando727 said:
I dunno. I love it. But I definitely see why others don’t.

I think most of the criticisms tend to be justified, although it’s also definitely used as an easy excuse for certain people to release their bottled up anger and/or troll energy, as well as make use of their expansive vocabulary, such as mid, and Mid Academia, and My Mid Academid, and mid, and mid.

Overall, I’m a big fan of superheroes, and I really enjoy the super powers and character designs in this. Also really enjoy the characters themselves as well, although my only two complaints on that front would be Mineta, as well as Deku’s insistence on having a flashback every two seconds and constantly repeating the same two catchphrases over and over.

So yeah. The fights are cool, it’s got an easy to follow yet fun and attention capturing story, fun characters for the most part, and lots of cool, decently creative powers. And that’s exactly what a shonen anime should be in my eyes. Super hyped for season 6.

So true about peoples vocabulary being the word Mid. Especially on Twitter people really like to hate more then love nowdays. Personally i like to focus on what i enjoy about something but still recognize my issues i have with it but without getting too negative about it.

I'm also hyped for season 6! Manga readers have been hyping up this arc for a long time! I'm excited to see where it goes!
Sep 23, 2022 1:19 AM
Sep 2022
voltwaffle said:
Because social media has brainwashed people into thinking that everything has to be an extreme and that their opinion matters to anyone other than themselves. They can't just watch the show and then go on with their day.

yeah i agree, i also don't understand why do we have to care about the fandom to watch an anime, the fandom isn't going to define wether an anime is good or not they are not the ones making the anime so why can't we just watch in peace?? i really don't like it when fandoms start fighting as if they are only going to watch one anime for the rest of their lives :))
Sep 23, 2022 3:22 AM
May 2021
That’s the thing, it is just pretty decent. I’m a massive fan of the series, but I can admit it’s not as great as some people hype it up to be, so we get shit on by fans of other shounens which are better and call it overrated.
Also a certain portion of the fan base is toxic as fuck which makes everyone hate the anime, not as a reflection of the quality of the show, but the fanbase.
Sep 23, 2022 4:04 AM
Dec 2021
People just like to hate when a series is doing well. Most people love MHA, it's just a small minority talking shit about it. I can't really think of a better shounen to be honest...
Sep 23, 2022 4:21 AM
Jul 2022
armzy__ said:

overhated?
this anime was literally so hyped and won a shit ton of "crunchyroll awards" which u should know by now is "fan favorite"awards won a lot of titles at times when it didn't deserve to and then the fall down from s2 was real bad
All might vs overhaul wasn't even a great great fight still won the best fight of 2018. (don't take me wrong it was good)
it's just won a lot of awards and the fan base was so bad that the anime started getting hate all of a sudden and then at the same time its rival /ongoing shounen anime(Black Clover) got better and better every arc every week making many anime fans feel that black clover is better than MHA which also became a cause of MHA being hated. People who thought that MHA was better than Black Clover when Black Clover was just releasing changed there thoughts and felt black clover is better (one of them being me) and it's just black clover got better and better while mha went from s2 peak to s5 shit which is why it's overhated but im gonna be pretty honest here the first seasons of MHA was so good that s3-s5 didn't feel the smae so yeah uptill s2 i m gonna say that the anime was way way overrated.
Sep 23, 2022 7:34 AM

Sep 2020
armzy__ said:

I completely agree. It is a simple story that does a lot right. There’s a reason why this system works so well. It’s easy to get into,it reminds me of a time in my life where I could just watch anime without thinking of putting a score on it or judging pace, animation, etc.

I think there’s the group of people I like to call band wagon merchants who jump on the trend of hating popular shows without watching them. Then there’s another group who put MHA on some pedestal before they watched it and were disappointed by it and then go on to exaggerate their criticisms of it on every MHA forum thread.

"๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’น๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š."- ๐‘…๐‘’๐’พ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“‚๐’ถ

Sep 23, 2022 4:25 PM
Aug 2022
Why does everyone say the fan base of my hero is bad?!! Sure it might be bad but that doesn’t mean the anime isn’t bad. My hero overall is a rubbish Anime. The quirks are dumb. The seasons are the same thing every time. And the plot is just a typical superhero plot.
Sep 24, 2022 10:15 AM
Feb 2021
I love the show but I guess I have gotten used to lackluster western characters from Hollywood. when it comes down to the MC I consider that to be the entirety of class 1a cause they are all working to become great heroes
Sep 24, 2022 3:56 PM
May 2021
fandom, and also a lot of people don't like the mc. personally, I think he's fine.
Sep 30, 2022 9:13 AM
Feb 2022
It might depend on age, I would be more into it if everyone at school watched it, but as an adult it seems a bit tame

More topics from this board

» what's up with the rating?

Tormented - Jun 9

11 by Phloup »»
Jun 9, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

441 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 7, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

336 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 6, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

279 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 5, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

298 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 4, 2:32 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.