Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 3, 2022 1:03 PM
Feb 2019
I’ve been a long time fan of MHA and it’s around my top 10 favorites. I started the manga and realized that characters indirectly break the 4th wall, saying things like “he’s drawn so differently from us” referring to all might for example. Do these characters know they are in a manga/anime/fictional world? If so do they know we are watching them? Do you guys like that the anime breaks the 4th wall? I can invest into it either way, just want clarity and to understand how it works
Thanks
Sep 3, 2022 1:17 PM
Jun 2021
think this should go in the manga forum
Sep 3, 2022 1:18 PM
Jul 2020
Minor fourth wall breaks like that happen in plenty of manga, and they don’t mean that the characters are actually aware that they’re in manga. They’re just jokes.
Sep 3, 2022 1:42 PM

Apr 2016
these are just gags, don't take it seriously
Sep 3, 2022 2:30 PM
Apr 2022
When you read manga after playing Doki Doki Literature Club
Sep 3, 2022 4:53 PM
Mar 2021
don't take it so seriously it's just for comedy
Sep 3, 2022 5:06 PM
Jun 2021
SatsukiRookie said:
When you read manga after playing Doki Doki Literature Club

LMAOOOOOO this reply got it 💀
Sep 3, 2022 5:24 PM

May 2021
wrong Forum mate...
Sep 3, 2022 6:10 PM

May 2021
dylpickles said:
I’ve been a long time fan of MHA and it’s around my top 10 favorites. I started the manga and realized that characters indirectly break the 4th wall, saying things like “he’s drawn so differently from us” referring to all might for example. Do these characters know they are in a manga/anime/fictional world? If so do they know we are watching them? Do you guys like that the anime breaks the 4th wall? I can invest into it either way, just want clarity and to understand how it works
Thanks

those are just small ones, it's not like they actually know it. Bnha's breaking of fourth wall doesn't compare to that of Monogatari series
Sep 3, 2022 10:40 PM
May 2022
dylpickles said:
Thanks

that happened a lot in Space Dandy, it was hilarious
Sep 4, 2022 10:43 AM
Feb 2019
Ginger_Menace19 said:
dylpickles said:
Thanks

true I’ve seen 4th wall breaking in other anime and am going to checkout space dandy sometime. My thing is like I want them to be consistent. Either they break the 4th wall and characters know they’re in an anime or they don’t. i don’t really like that they tip toe on the line but don’t go one way or the other. Bc the “gag jokes” happen throughout the series so I can’t just dismiss them in my head 😂 they actually happened
Sep 4, 2022 10:45 AM
Feb 2019
soulguard said:
wrong Forum mate...

I mean it applies to it’s anime and manga I just used an example from the manga. The anime has the stomach laser dude staring at the screen quite often like he knows he’s being watched for example.
Sep 4, 2022 10:46 AM
Feb 2019
sonu711 said:
dylpickles said:
Thanks

those are just small ones, it's not like they actually know it. Bnha's breaking of fourth wall doesn't compare to that of Monogatari series

True i get that. I just prefer if they would pick one side or the other, because I don’t know how I’m supposed to make sense of it in my head when they half break the 4th wall and half don’t
Sep 4, 2022 10:47 AM

May 2021
dylpickles said:
soulguard said:
wrong Forum mate...

I mean it applies to it’s anime and manga I just used an example from the manga. The anime has the stomach laser dude staring at the screen quite often like he knows he’s being watched for example.

they See us Like The Godtitans... watching at Them Like dolls.
they know we See Them and that they are Just Toys to entertain us.
Sep 4, 2022 10:50 AM
Feb 2019
soulguard said:
dylpickles said:

they See us Like The Godtitans... watching at Them Like dolls.
they know we See Them and that they are Just Toys to entertain us.

😂😂😂 Lmaoo & I’m willing to accept this as the truth, but as you can see most ppl perceive it like they aren’t aware and they are just some gag jokes. but like aren’t they apart of the story nonetheless… I can’t ignore the guy watching me watch him and disregard it as the truth 💀🤣
Sep 4, 2022 11:13 AM
May 2022
dylpickles said:
Ginger_Menace19 said:

true I’ve seen 4th wall breaking in other anime and am going to checkout space dandy sometime. My thing is like I want them to be consistent. Either they break the 4th wall and characters know they’re in an anime or they don’t. i don’t really like that they tip toe on the line but don’t go one way or the other. Bc the “gag jokes” happen throughout the series so I can’t just dismiss them in my head 😂 they actually happened

that's fair, but space Dandy kinda feels different every episode, like one episode they are all worrying they might lose viewers, and the next episode Dandy is arguing with the narrator, while others completely ignore the 4th wall 😂definitely check out SD tho, it's hilarious and very good for a chill watch as it definitely doesn't take itself seriously
Sep 4, 2022 12:09 PM
Feb 2019
Ginger_Menace19 said:
dylpickles said:

that's fair, but space Dandy kinda feels different every episode, like one episode they are all worrying they might lose viewers, and the next episode Dandy is arguing with the narrator, while others completely ignore the 4th wall 😂definitely check out SD tho, it's hilarious and very good for a chill watch as it definitely doesn't take itself seriously

Lmaoo that actually sounds really funny 😂 and yessir I will check it out in my next few watches. I also know (I think?) that it’s from the creator of Bebop and Champloo which is all the more enticing for me
Sep 4, 2022 12:19 PM
May 2022
dylpickles said:
Ginger_Menace19 said:

Lmaoo that actually sounds really funny 😂 and yessir I will check it out in my next few watches. I also know (I think?) that it’s from the creator of Bebop and Champloo which is all the more enticing for me

oh yessir, fellow BeBop and Champloo fan!
in that case I'm sure you'll really enjoy Space Dandy, it definitely feels a lot like those two as the episodic nature remains, but its a lot trippier and a lot more goofy, yet still has that same feel. Also the mc is hilarious 😂

do you prefer sub or dub? I liked both, but I think that the dub is funnier
Sep 4, 2022 12:25 PM
Feb 2019
Ginger_Menace19 said:
dylpickles said:

in that case I'm sure you'll really enjoy Space Dandy, it definitely feels a lot like those two as the episodic nature remains, but its a lot trippier and a lot more goofy, yet still has that same feel. Also the mc is hilarious 😂

based on that you are right I will likely love that series 😂 I watch majority in sub unless I hear it has a really good dub. i rewatched bebop in dub and loved it, so I’ll check out Space dandy in dub as well
Sep 4, 2022 4:09 PM
May 2022
dylpickles said:
Ginger_Menace19 said:

based on that you are right I will likely love that series 😂 I watch majority in sub unless I hear it has a really good dub. i rewatched bebop in dub and loved it, so I’ll check out Space dandy in dub as well

for sure, the dub is hilarious, most people agree that the dub is as good or better then the dub, Dandy in particular is great in dub.

but it's still a great show either way
Sep 4, 2022 4:26 PM
Feb 2022
I don’t think they’re supposed to be taken seriously

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

278 by Apreggi »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

297 by Apreggi »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

217 by Apreggi »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

263 by Apreggi »»
Today, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 15, 2016

334 by Apreggi »»
Today, 1:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.