Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Sep 14, 2022 5:38 AM
Jan 2021
Well I guess Horikita is not THAT useless... Also can't wait to see what's going to happen with Ayanokoji and Ryuen
Sep 17, 2022 1:00 AM
Jul 2022
Kushida be like....
Sep 18, 2022 5:06 AM

Aug 2013
Horikita outsmarted Kushida, and she didn't even see it coming. And Now Ayanokoji has Ryuen's attention. Things are looking really interesting.

Sep 18, 2022 5:41 AM
Jul 2022
Lets goo....The rooftops scene is coming🔥
Sep 18, 2022 1:26 PM
Jun 2022
Lerche adapted the light novel cleanly on this episode, with a fluid animation and a good voice work by the VA's, especially Kushida's voice.
Sep 19, 2022 9:22 PM

Feb 2019
they're trying to sabotage each other, but it all keeps on blowing up in their faces...except for the "Mastermind" who is manipulating them all lol
Sep 20, 2022 12:16 PM
Jun 2021
i wanna fuck ayanokoji
Sep 20, 2022 2:59 PM
Oct 2021
Just thinking of how much better this would have been if I started the manga before watching the anime,
Sep 24, 2022 2:11 PM
Apr 2019
its been really good and i liked it
Sep 25, 2022 6:11 AM
Apr 2021
idk what to puy so i put 5*
Sep 26, 2022 2:16 AM

Dec 2021
ahahaha poor kushida got betrayed she deserved it

Sep 26, 2022 1:37 PM
Sep 2022
GREAT EPISODE LERCHE ARE GOATED
Oct 2, 2022 4:33 AM
Aug 2018
Nothing to be impressed by. Except all the "stupid" things happening.
So, please tell, how (at the beginning of the episode), Ryuusen was already aware of the bet ? Who told him ? (Don't worry, I know that Ryuusen is able to read mind).
Well, to be honest, as usual, plot doesn't make sense. Or rather, the author conveniently don't give the "rules" so he can do whatever the heck he wants so the characters "look smart".
Sorry, but, there is not a single reason for the teacher to accept one set of question (from Suzune or Kushida). Why are there no rules ? Because otherwise the set-up doesn't work. Also, good for the teacher, to obey one of her students and not the other without questioning or without inquiring about having two set of question and not saying anything so we can have the "reveal".

It's really great to have teacher working so hard so we can have surprising reveal !

Throwing water on Kushida clothes so Kei can put the "answer" in it after washing it... yeah, sure, it works !

But, here's the most interesting part, proving once again, they are trying to make Ryuusen "appear smart" but as always he's not.

--> Ryuusen gave Kushida the wrong question sheet,
--> The "fake" answer were in her pocket (put her by Kei).

Why ?

--> If Kushida get caught, it would mean she has an accomplice in question C. Otherwise, why would she have selected such specific answer ?

--> Since the fake question will never be asked...

--> Couldn't the question on the cheat sheet just be... random text ?

But, that's not the main problem. Problem is, even if Ayanokouji-kun told Ryuusen that Kushida will not give him the correct question... It doesn't change anything. Even someone with 60 IQ would still give the correct question and answer to Kushida and have Suzune and Ayanokouji-kun expelled (since Kushida would get 100).

End of story.

Justifying by Ryuusen saying "you didn't give me the correct sheet so I didn't give you the correct one either" is just lame and lazy (and insulting to the reader).

And if you think "Well, if that happen, Ayanokouiji-kun would have just say Kushida cheated...", please tell me how. If Ryuusen say he made the switch (lying), the situation would have been the same.

I suppose Ryuusen is really great for mind-reading since he also find out the cheat sheet on Kushida in one second. I really think he should switch to mentalist, considering how much he is relying on this skill...

Well, anyway, it was an unnecessary mess with a boring test and a boring resolution.

PS : There is absolutely no reason for Kei to have feelings for Ayanokouji. Dude doesn't even respect her, or even talk to her when he doesn't have to. Ayanokouji is not funny, interesting, doesn't talk, let her get bullied to destroy her... And the author think "Oh, yeah, in my deluded mind, this is how girl fell in love".
Well, anyway, I'm sorry to say, but the author is unable to write a normal conversation (so how can you expect romance ?). The only reason authors have to make complicated plot is because they don't know how to write character. And what's the best way when you don't know how to write character than a listless character pretending to be smarter than everyone else ? The "test" are only here to hide the fact the author doesn't know how to write a normal interaction (too bad, I found out anyway ;)).

Rukodaime91Oct 2, 2022 4:48 AM
Oct 3, 2022 12:32 AM
Sep 2021
What to say about ma boi Ayanokouji. He might be sad on how Horikita played all of it by herself this time.
Oct 6, 2022 9:06 PM

Nov 2020
As much as it is nice seeing Kushida like that, my favorite part of the episode easily has to be when they form the Ayanokoji group. it's just neat seeing these characters do something so normal during all of these thinking games, their conversation was just really nice to sit through.
Oct 8, 2022 1:46 AM
Apr 2020
I thought it was good and I enjoyed it.
Oct 13, 2022 4:01 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
You know, by this point you'd just have to expect and accept the fact that a light novel adaptation is not going to include every single written line in the book- which is especially the case for COTE where they are literally seeming to make it their goal to cut out almost everything but the most crucial points, the bare minimum in order for this plot to even somewhat hold together. But again it's okay, by this point if we're still watching, we should have already come to accept that.

But sometimes there are little details that they omit that just make me go UUGHHHGRRHH it would've been SO GOOD IF THEY HAD JUST KEPT THAT IN!!!! sigh.

This anime adaption has already established Ayanokouji as far more stone cold and emotionless than in the light novels, so this isn't really that big of an issue in that case. But man, just to keep this small detail in and see even a bit of life in him would've been so riveting to see. And the thing I'm referring to is his reaction after seeing the birthday cake sticker that Karuizawa sent him via text. As per their "agreement", they would delete any and all recordings of any interactions that might've happen between them on their phones to make the possibilities of someone connecting the two together as low as possible (although, spoiler alert, someone's gonna find this connection). And that meant everything, records that they called each other, all of their texts, even if it wasn't planning or anything and simply casual texting. So with this in mind, Ayanokouji goes to delete the birthday cake text- *but hesitates a little first*. Yeah, that was the thing they didn't include which made me a bit upset. Just showing Ayanokouji pausing for a moment before deleting probably the one happy birthday greeting that he ever got in his life (they don't even keep in how Karuizawa found out about the date of his birthday which I thought was low-key kind of sweet as well. Ayanokouji simply realizes that everyone's birthdate is on their school profile or some sh*t like that, and forgot to or just didn't care to make that info private. But the important thing is that Karuizawa knew because of that, and had cared enough to check). Heck they don't even show him deleting it, he just puts the phone down like whatever I guess

Am I making too big a deal of this? Yeah most definitely. But it can't hurt to dream; and sometimes I just think of how amazing this adaption would've been if it was put in the hands of people who truly cared for the source material. Maybe in 10 plus years from now we'll get a reboot of the whole thing and it will take the world by storm if anime is still thriving at that time. Anyways, on to the next episode. It's been sad but strangely also kind of fun re-watching this alongside reading the light novels. Am excited as we're now returning to the good stuff.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 14, 2022 8:52 AM
Apr 2020
interessante e fim de aarco
Oct 16, 2022 3:41 AM
Aug 2021
"I'll entertain you in your own game."
Oct 18, 2022 8:14 PM

Dec 2019
Meh ep it was so obvious she was gonna fail lol
Oct 18, 2022 10:09 PM

Feb 2021
The battle is really intense.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 22, 2022 6:16 PM
Mar 2022
The two main masterminds of season 2 Ayanokoji & Ryuuen, are finally about to bring an end to there little game of chess. They have both moved/played there pawns (Tools) straticaly to the best of their individual ability. Ultimately in the end the outcome is obvious, as before the chess game even started Ayanokoji was 10 moves ahead.
Nov 4, 2022 8:31 AM

Mar 2010
Things now seem to be moving forward despite their tests so far.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 13, 2022 7:12 PM

Dec 2013
Looks like Ayanokoji finally has his own group of friends! Good for him.

Looks like Horikita finally managed to outsmart someone. Kushida's reaction was more fun than I was expecting.
Nov 30, 2022 3:35 PM
Nov 2021
Muito bom ver a Kushida se ferrar kkkkkkkkkkkk
Dec 21, 2022 6:19 PM
Dec 2021
not top tier mastermind (we know there will be some weird flip so we expect it a bit too much, and we expect the series mechanics) however it is some very nice and enjoyable entertainment, as we can expect from it
Feb 21, 2023 5:49 PM
Sep 2019
greatest anime of all time
Mar 12, 2023 1:15 PM

Nov 2010
Haruka likes a group to fill all of her three holes, huh? Very nice. hehe
Oh yeah, Sakura, I remember her now from S1. I'll need to check out her scene with Kiyotaka again later.
8:52 It's been a while, but I'm glad to see some Kei fanservice again. Her ass looks tight! If I were Kiyotaka, I'd give her what she wants!
I ship Kiyotaka & Kei. However, I'm also in the Suzune boat. Man, this is hard. But yeah, I'm still leaning toward Kei. lol
It was satisfying to see Kikyou defeated in her own game.
Aug 30, 2023 8:38 AM

Apr 2013
The solutions are always so... simple. Someone probably wants to tell the teacher to only accept your paper? Tell her beforehand to only accept yours instead. Even an idiot could arrive at that solution.
Oct 15, 2023 4:38 AM
Jan 2021
it was perfeeccctttt
Dec 29, 2023 6:00 AM
Oct 2023
the ultimate and satisfying betrayal
Jan 7, 8:27 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016

cheats and re-cheats, that's how you could describe this episode, but Ayanokouji still scares me, even more so!
kekeke
Jan 14, 10:54 AM
Apr 2013
EP 9

1.25x speed again deploy

Anyway as expected, kushida got tricked

I'm still a bit confused. so suzune just did whatever but what happened with kushida and class c?

Well this is awkward.
Anyway now that class c has "betrayed" kushida, kushida has no reason to work with them anymore?
Soo is kushida going to cooperate now?

So class c is going after kei now? shrug
The part I dont understand is so what?

The most boring 3 eps ever. I mean while it wasnt terrible it was horrifically boring.
Suzune made a deal with kushida, class c betrayed kushida so suzune won and/or outplayed, and uh.
It's implied that kushida is still going to hinder mr mc though.
I mean we have the short scene of mr mc and first names but whatever.

4 more eps, presumably one last arc. S2 has been super weak, and s1 was like mostly whatever too, can't believe this got 8/10 man
Jan 23, 2:50 PM
Mar 2017
(Posted this in another thread. But seems like this thread is more relevant).
Okay. The show is about a genius who outsmarts everyone. But I don't think it's as smart as it's trying to be. Ayanokouji's strategy in this case doesn't guarantee a 100% win.

So, Ayanokouji wanted Ryuuen to accept one of the two conditions:
- First, provide Class 1-C’s questions and answers. If Ryuuen chose this, then Kushida would be expelled, as Ayanokouji would expose the cheat sheet in her blazer.
or
- Second, change the paper and give to Kushida. If Ryuuen chose this, then Horikita won the bet as in the anime. This was what actually happened

Ok, sounds good in both scenarios, but that's only when Ryuuen is virtuous enough to follow the rule and agree to one of the two requests. But he is a cunning bastard so you would never know. Ryuuen would:
- Third, defy Ayanokouji, give him some random set of questions and answers, then give Kushida the correct questions. In this case Kushida wins, Horikita and Ayanokouji get expelled.

I know many people said that Ryuuen had high interest in Horikita and X(Ayanokouji), so he wouldn't want to do that. But then that means the MC who's supposed to be extremely smart, has let his future to be decided by others. Who knows, on a bad day the cunning Ryuuen may just do the third one, there is nothing to guarantee that he won't do it. It is a risk and based on what the show is trying to be, the MC should have not overlooked it.

I don't read the LN. That's my thought after watching ep 9. Overall I'm not very impressed with what happened. Very open to further discussion.
YenxinhJan 25, 2:10 PM
Jan 31, 3:36 AM
Apr 2021
NAHHHH the hype at the end with Kiyopon and Ryuen gave me chills like how you gon go after the girl that bro swore he’d protect? I really love the battle between these 2 it’s so cool seeing Ryuen try his best to figure who’s the mastermind that’s pulling all the strings😭

Ohhhhh my godddd seeing Kushida’s eyes in despair when she realized she was gonna fail the test gave me serotonin levels in the highest degree possible I love seeing her cutesy face go away and look afraid, she’s such an annoying bitch especially her voice, her VA really doing a great job to sound like someone who’s being nice hey you can tell they’re being fake

Jealous Kei getting in between Sato and Kiyopon was really funny especially when she thought she was gonna go see a movie with Ayanokoji LMAO Kei really turning out to be best girl and I’m all for it she was a lil snobby in season 1 but she turned out alright now I love it🔥🔥😩

Cant wait to see Ayano vs Ryuen👀
Mar 2, 3:46 PM

Aug 2014
that was good one ;d I am very happy to watch next episode Ayanokouji vs Ryuuen
I wanna see if first one is rly so good to be so confident ;]
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Apr 9, 9:10 PM

Aug 2018
Ok i love this episode!
i think this is the best ep so far in this series.

I was thinking how they will manage to win against kushida against all odds but somehow horikita outsmarted her without needing ayano's help lmao.

great episode!
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Apr 27, 2:15 PM

Mar 2019
Kushida really thought it was so easy to outsmart them, I'm curious how she wants to outsmart Ayanokouji now even if it doesn't make sense anymore for her to do such a thing.

Great ending, I can't wait to see where this fight between those 2 is going to lead and also I can't wait for that scene from the opening where people will come to take Ayanokouji back, these last episodes might be the best so far from both seasons.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 31, 6:05 AM

May 2021
So our bro Ayanokouji is finna gonna be serious eh >:)
If you choose to do only what you know, you'll never experience the joy of being able to do something you couldn't before.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2022

453 by Archean-Return »»
Today, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2022

838 by Archean-Return »»
Today, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2022

279 by Archean-Return »»
Today, 12:31 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2022

242 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Aug 8, 2022

256 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.