Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 4, 2022 1:39 PM

Mar 2022
like i don't wanna mind fuck again by watching anime and getting depressed so i am asking y'all that can i watch this ?

Aug 4, 2022 1:51 PM
Sep 2021
It’s basically depression until the end. I highly recommend this but if you don’t want something that’s depressing then perhaps leave it for some time in the future. But don’t miss out on it
Aug 4, 2022 2:06 PM
Jul 2018
Love the show, but the mc is coping with depression the entire show so i dont know if this is what your looking for.
Aug 4, 2022 2:23 PM
Dec 2020
its a depressed dude sol
Aug 4, 2022 2:46 PM
( °◡°)/
Oct 2021
kaneki1231_ said:
like i don't wanna mind fuck again by watching anime and getting depressed so i am asking y'all that can i watch this ?

I guess it depends on how easily you get immersed in stories and/ or how easily you draw parallels from fiction?

NHK ni Youkuso is pretty depressing from start to finish (though it does have a good amount of funny and wholesome moments as well) but I still hold it in high regard, despite how depressed it made me feel at times :)
Aug 4, 2022 2:48 PM

Mar 2022
JB-94 said:
kaneki1231_ said:

I guess it depends on how easily you get immersed in stories and/ or how easily you draw parallels from fiction?

NHK ni Youkuso is pretty depressing from start to finish (though it does have a good amount of funny and wholesome moments as well) but I still hold it in high regard, despite how depressed it made me feel at times :)
so i guess i am not watching it

Aug 4, 2022 2:49 PM

Mar 2022
VeryGhoul said:
It’s basically depression until the end. I highly recommend this but if you don’t want something that’s depressing then perhaps leave it for some time in the future. But don’t miss out on it
yea okay sure i will save it for future

Aug 4, 2022 2:50 PM

Mar 2022
Cold_Toast said:
Love the show, but the mc is coping with depression the entire show so i dont know if this is what your looking for.
i was looking for comedy in comedy tags it has appeared so i thought like this

Aug 4, 2022 2:51 PM

Mar 2022
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
its a depressed dude sol
i am going to watch it in future

Aug 4, 2022 2:56 PM
Aug 2021
Crunchyroll just added it like almost a week ago, so there
Aug 4, 2022 3:34 PM
Dec 2020
kaneki1231_ said:

Whole show is just a dude being depressed. And also a lot of weird, uncomfy scenes that made me consider dropping it several times lol
Aug 4, 2022 5:42 PM
Jun 2020
This is depression the anime. If you don’t want to watch that, THIS IS NOT THE ANIME FOR YOU.
Aug 4, 2022 10:32 PM
Jul 2018
They are depressed until the end basically. This anime is about taking baby steps out of a huuuge dump.
Aug 4, 2022 11:32 PM

Mar 2015
no you can't. don't even think about it
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Aug 5, 2022 1:26 AM

Mar 2012
The dub is excellent, consider watching that if you do pick up the show
Aug 5, 2022 1:59 AM
Apr 2022
its on youtube........
Aug 5, 2022 3:10 AM

Jul 2021
It's a great show specifically because it's depressing.
So basically the exact opposite of what you are looking for.
Aug 5, 2022 3:33 AM
Nov 2021
I feel like people either get depressed easily or throw out the word depression loosely bc I was not depressed watching this
Aug 5, 2022 4:08 AM
Jul 2021
Its really awesome anime with happy end, but ye.. Its depressing almost all of the time lol
Aug 5, 2022 4:11 AM

Dec 2020
it is depressing but pretty funny too
Aug 5, 2022 7:21 AM

Jul 2019
Generally speaking, this anime isn't the best or the most interesting anime but.. to completely answer your question i have to analyze this a bit deeper.
There are many people that watch anime in general, and there are many steps one can take to acknowledge the world of anime and the inside jokes that some (anime)shows reference from time to time.
This show is definitely an important one, almost like a checkpoint of some sort. Almost like a barrier that one must overcome to continue his journey deeper into the rabbit hole of some specific genres of anime.
If you are fascinated by the world of anime in general, and you understand that one series might have a significant impact on the future series and might've left a footprint in the anime community at the time it was released, then i think that you should definitely watch it at least for better understanding for the culture itself.
Aug 5, 2022 7:54 AM

Mar 2022
tecktonalex said:
Generally speaking, this anime isn't the best or the most interesting anime but.. to completely answer your question i have to analyze this a bit deeper.
There are many people that watch anime in general, and there are many steps one can take to acknowledge the world of anime and the inside jokes that some (anime)shows reference from time to time.
This show is definitely an important one, almost like a checkpoint of some sort. Almost like a barrier that one must overcome to continue his journey deeper into the rabbit hole of some specific genres of anime.
If you are fascinated by the world of anime in general, and you understand that one series might have a significant impact on the future series and might've left a footprint in the anime community at the time it was released, then i think that you should definitely watch it at least for better understanding for the culture itself.
yea sure i will watch i have a doubt that yesterday i have completed domestic girlfriend and it had me kept thinking all the day so if i watch this will there be the same result as domestic girlfriend💀😭

Aug 5, 2022 8:04 AM

Jul 2019
It was definitely a refreshing breath of air from a humorous and dramatic standpoint. Although for me it wasn't as sad as everyone portrays it to be. For me it was an adventure in overcoming yourself and the things that keep you from progressing in life. It was a fight within the protagonists mind. But the thing that got me was the hilarious situations. It is unique in it's own way.
Aug 5, 2022 8:10 AM

Mar 2022
tecktonalex said:
It was definitely a refreshing breath of air from a humorous and dramatic standpoint. Although for me it wasn't as sad as everyone portrays it to be. For me it was an adventure in overcoming yourself and the things that keep you from progressing in life. It was a fight within the protagonists mind. But the thing that got me was the hilarious situations. It is unique in it's own way.
ngl you're opinion may change my perspective of viewing anime

Aug 5, 2022 11:17 AM
Aug 2018
The anime is much tamer than the manga and I highly recommend that you watch it.
Aug 8, 2022 12:01 AM

Sep 2007
JB-94 said:
kaneki1231_ said:

this is probably the best summary. if you're not in the mood to get repeatedly punched in the feels you're going to want to save this for a time when you are.

It's really good, has a lot of co.edic moments, but it also deals with some heavy stuff sometimes.
Aug 8, 2022 4:46 AM

Mar 2022
TheElfiestElf said:
JB-94 said:

this is probably the best summary. if you're not in the mood to get repeatedly punched in the feels you're going to want to save this for a time when you are.

It's really good, has a lot of co.edic moments, but it also deals with some heavy stuff sometimes.
thanks mate will watch it

Sep 1, 2022 11:30 AM
Nov 2020
KasutoroSama said:
I feel like people either get depressed easily or throw out the word depression loosely bc I was not depressed watching this

I agree. Maybe Nhk reminds them too much of their own lives.

More topics from this board

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SunSir - Mar 2, 2008

144 by venbals »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DarkBlue - Feb 7, 2008

314 by venbals »»
May 29, 12:42 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 5, 2008

128 by venbals »»
May 29, 12:18 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 4, 2008

133 by venbals »»
May 28, 11:20 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 4, 2008

129 by venbals »»
May 28, 10:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.