Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 28, 2022 3:33 PM

Dec 2021
Am I missing something here? As I watched this show, I couldn't tell whether it was implied that Nagomu knows that his senpai is Itsuka's father or not. Like the show makes it very obvious to the viewer, but it's unclear to me whether Nagomu knows this or not. Shouldn't he though? I'm assuming Nagomu knew his senpai's surname, and Itsuka has the same surname. Itsuka has also mentioned that her father played guitar so that should be an extra giveaway when combined with the surname. On top of that, Nagomu's parents should know too, right? In episode 11 around the 19:00 minute mark, Itsuka has a flashback about the day she was left at Ryokushou.
Jul 28, 2022 3:37 PM
Jan 2016
man you have some great points, I think he knows. maybe that's why he's never clearly angry at her father?
Jul 28, 2022 4:48 PM

Feb 2020
I truly think he doesn't know. No one told him who left Itsuka at ryokushou. Both of them talk about Tomoe but none of them say his name or some description besides "he plays guitar"
Jul 28, 2022 5:04 PM

Dec 2021
RommPlz said:
I truly think he doesn't know. No one told him who left Itsuka at ryokushou. Both of them talk about Tomoe but none of them say his name or some description besides "he plays guitar"

We know that Nagomu knows Itsuka's full name. She introduces herself to him as Yukihira Itsuka in episode 1. Nagomu also knows that Itsuka is looking for her father who plays guitar because she mistook him for her father at the station, also in episode 1. So the only way I can see Nagomu not knowing is if he doesn't know that his senpai's surname is also Yukihira, which I'm assuming he should know. But isn't this interesting? The show didn't really imply one way or the other even through 12 episodes (since Nagomu learned all of this practically in episode 1).
Jul 28, 2022 9:33 PM

May 2022
I think that’s the whole point. They all know the identity of Itsuka’s father, and they know he is a deadbeat. That’s why they make no effort to find him. Maybe she’s better off without the bum.
Jul 28, 2022 9:55 PM

Dec 2021
OG_Otaku said:
I think that’s the whole point. They all know the identity of Itsuka’s father, and they know he is a deadbeat. That’s why they make no effort to find him. Maybe she’s better off without the bum.

Hmmm, I don't think that they make no effort to find him because they think he's a deadbeat; although if that's your interpretation I won't try to refute that. Personally, the way I see it is that they understand that Itsuka's father might not be able to care for her to the best of his ability at the moment. And since her father is someone that they care about (given his friendship with Nagomu), they are willing to care for his daughter as well until he's able to pick himself back up. But that's kind of a separate topic haha.

I just find it interesting that the series didn't make any strong implications as to whether Nagomu knows who Itsuka's father is. Like they almost left it completely in the grey area since even from this thread people seem to think he might know or he might not. I feel like he should know, but the show itself didn't seem to verify that in any concrete way.
Jul 29, 2022 4:39 PM
Sep 2019
hmmm I thought he was oblivious, but you make some really good points. I'm interested in rewatching with a little different perspective.
Jul 29, 2022 5:22 PM

Dec 2021
Nyamaste said:
hmmm I thought he was oblivious, but you make some really good points. I'm interested in rewatching with a little different perspective.

If you do end up rewatching, try to see if you notice anything that hints strongly towards him either knowing or not knowing. As I mentioned, I didn't seem to perceive anything from the show that particularly validated either. But if you find anything, please let me know!
Jul 29, 2022 7:25 PM
Aug 2021
You have a point bro.
Jul 30, 2022 8:46 AM
May 2015
I don't think Nagomu knows. He's a bit of a 'tennen' to be that perceptive. His family might know/recognise her father. As for not looking for him, her father has given her into the family's care. From what I understand of Japanese culture, it can be impolite and maybe irresponsible to turn down such requests, especially if you know and/or close to the person making the request. Just my two cents.
Aug 9, 2022 10:14 AM
Apr 2022
I do think so too, he was just pretending he didn't know.
Oct 14, 2022 11:54 AM
Jun 2022
I've finished this series. After i watch the ending scene, maybe the truth will revealed on next season maybe(?)
Oct 24, 2022 11:46 PM

Mar 2013
Nagomu didn't know his senpai (Tomoe) is Itsuka's father because
Oct 25, 2022 12:54 AM

Dec 2021
moquall said:
Nagomu didn't know his senpai (Tomoe) is Itsuka's father because

Oh okay. Well I wouldn't say "obvious" for those of us who haven't read the manga, which I'm assuming you have since the information you just shared wasn't in the anime yet. Do his parents know? If you look at my original post, it mentions the interaction that they had with Itsuka's father, so I feel like they should know.
Oct 26, 2022 11:49 AM
Jun 2014
Of course he should know, but he doesn't. Imagine going over a year and not asking what her fathers name is even once or hear it in passing. It just doesn't work and it's too silly.

It's pretty clear though that this series will end a bit on a dramatic note where her deadbeat dad will reform himself and take her back. It's just the journey to that point which makes the series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deaimon Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2022

53 by wildhood »»
May 29, 7:16 PM

Poll: » Deaimon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2022

85 by CrackHeadReviews »»
May 9, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Deaimon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2022

61 by defaulticus »»
Apr 3, 9:40 AM

» Asking what happen at the manga

FeliksXzl - Jan 9

1 by bossunhimeswitch »»
Jan 9, 10:27 AM

» What are our thoughts on this one?

sorames - Jun 12, 2023

26 by KitsuFrost »»
Aug 7, 2023 2:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.