Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Did the publisher decided to give this an anime adaptation to increase the popularity of the source material?

New
Jul 26, 2022 7:58 AM
Jun 2021
I heard they cut the screen time of some characters,skipped important dialogues/scenes,changed the structure of the classes and the animation.....
I don't care about the animation much but sometimes the characters look just...
As an anime only and as a person who really like the plot of this anime I really think the publisher(whoever it is) only wanted to popularise the source material for more sales that's why it was given to a studio like......
It has got an season 2 probably because it has created a large audience and you see the publisher does not give two fucks about its anime adaptation and that's why the same studio is adapting it again...
I really think this anime has great potential so it should get an proper adaptation.
Any thoughts?
Edit: You guys are not getting the point i know some anime adaptations are made to promote source material but the point is the publisher is not taking this anime adaptation seriously by giving it to a studio like Lerche.They should have appointed a different studio to animate S2
WeebiBOYJul 26, 2022 10:17 AM
Jul 26, 2022 8:20 AM
Jan 2021
That’s the case of every anime adaptation. They never get completed since they only have to increase the popularity of the manga/light novel
Jul 26, 2022 8:24 AM
May 2022
Every anime is made to promote the source material.

Most of the anime is pirated anyway, so I doubt that making anime solely with profit in mind would be any good.
Jul 26, 2022 8:25 AM

Feb 2021
Contrary to popular belief, anime adaptations aren't there just to promote the source material, as shown by the multiple animes that don't even have the publisher of the source on the production committee (example Dragon Ball, One Piece, Aharen-san and more)

There's more to making an anime then just to promote the source, after all only one company would benefit from LN sales and that would be Kadokawa, the rest of the committee would see no benefit in a boost in LN sales, so saying this series only got an anime and a season 2 because they wanted to boost LN sales is wrong, there are other factors too.

However being a rushed adaptation to cover as much volumes in order to boost sales is possible, after all Kadokawa might want to boost sales of year 2, and therefore they plan to adapt all of year 1 in just 3 seasons.

Anyways here is a good video
Jul 26, 2022 8:37 AM
Jan 2021
hmm well idk i just know Kinugasa the LN author was really happy abt season 2 and the upcoming season 3 and that they’ll try to align the anime with the LN so i think they’re past the promotional part and now they’re just adapting it for the fans but YouZitsu and Kinugasa deserve better tbh
Jul 26, 2022 9:24 AM
Jun 2021
all anime adaptations are to promote source material. and no matter how bad the adaptation, it works wonders.
Jul 26, 2022 9:34 AM
Apr 2018
herofelix77 said:
That’s the case of every anime adaptation. They never get completed since they only have to increase the popularity of the manga/light novel

thats not true for all of them.
Jul 26, 2022 11:56 AM
Oct 2019
well LNs are weirdly written, they will describe the atmosphere like "The classroom was quite with XX rolling their eraser across the table when teacher was taking attendance" and then follow up with "XY thought so so so", they can't really adapt it now can they, and sometimes that so so might contain some useful info about the the school environment or about an individual but it cannot be really "adapted" so yes they skip a lot of things plus the boring dialogues and monologues
Jul 26, 2022 2:39 PM
Mar 2021
I watched the first season and really loved it. I figured it would never get another season so I started reading it. They are definitely cutting and speeding up the different tests. But each book is so dense with details and stuff it’s be hard to adapt fully sadly. I would highly recommend reading, but yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if they did this to boost popularity. I think the last two books (so far the thickest to be released) both came out in the last month or two which is super fast for how they have been releasing so far

Otherwise I think they are doing good with what they can for it. The animation is a little lacking but I’ll take anything over nothing. I’m excited to see some upcoming scenes get animated
Jul 26, 2022 3:42 PM
Jun 2020
Sidfoe said:
I watched the first season and really loved it. I figured it would never get another season so I started reading it. They are definitely cutting and speeding up the different tests. But each book is so dense with details and stuff it’s be hard to adapt fully sadly. I would highly recommend reading, but yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if they did this to boost popularity. I think the last two books (so far the thickest to be released) both came out in the last month or two which is super fast for how they have been releasing so far

Otherwise I think they are doing good with what they can for it. The animation is a little lacking but I’ll take anything over nothing. I’m excited to see some upcoming scenes get animated

I think u nailed it here bud. This is one of those series’ where it genuinely is difficult to get a full/proper adaption because it is so dialogue focused and I understand that but some changes still feel a bit unnecessary and weird.
Jul 27, 2022 5:19 AM
Dec 2021
I kinda get what you're say like the with dxd s4 the author changed the studio bec they weren't adapting the LN correctly.... I still I would prefer some good studio adapting it bec we all know this series is very popular and will be further more popular in the future
ig you're right about the author not giving af about anime
edit: The adaptation isn't bad but not too good either it could be better imo
Jul 27, 2022 5:31 AM
Jul 2022
if that was all they wanted to do then they would've made done with the first season
alas, everyone agrees that season 2 so far has been half-assed to the bone, so just maybe
Jul 30, 2022 3:05 PM

Oct 2021
Nobody got the time and money to fully adapt and animate the source tbh.
yes.
Jul 30, 2022 3:07 PM

Nov 2020
well this happens with every LN series.

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to
Everything will be alright if

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

527 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 16, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

211 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2017

171 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

235 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 11, 3:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.