Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you think karna has a better chance at defeating Gilgamesh ?
Jul 25, 2022 1:12 AM
Jun 2022
Having read most parts of Mahabharata, I do know that karna is nerfed like 95 percent, and most of his skills are not shown, but even then I feel he stands a very good chance (around 70 percent) to defeat Gilgamesh.
If you want to counter, please do so respectfully and tag the spoilers
Jul 25, 2022 1:26 AM
Feb 2021
veteranadi said:
Having read most parts of Mahabharata, I do know that karna is nerfed like 95 percent, and most of his skills are not shown, but even then I feel he stands a very good chance (around 70 percent) to defeat Gilgamesh.

I always thought of this bruh, I wish if there is part 2 of stay night ( which isn't possible) he is one of the servant and they fight. I always thought of him as best character, which even I don't know why he just seems so interesting.
Jul 25, 2022 1:32 AM

Aug 2020
I don't that it's is likely that Karna would defeat Gil.
the is problem is the curse on karna.
Gil is not that strong physically but his noble phantasms that are gate of Babylon( A++ np), enkidu which would work on karna (due to divinity being son of sun) and ea ( anti universe np) makes Gil a supirior opponent.
So karna will not be able unleash his np which makes karna victory unlikely.
Jul 25, 2022 1:35 AM
Jun 2022
VilexRoss said:
Gil is not that strong physically but his noble phantasms that are gate of Babylon( A++ np), enkidu which would work on karna (due to divinity being son of sun) and ea ( anti universe np) makes Gil a supirior opponent.
you are forgetting gills curse, arrogance, also karna is believed to be master of every weapon which, not sure if it's included but it was in the legends so I believe it to be there. And I believe with his speed he can kill gill without using Vasavi shakti
will work in favour as if he gets his hands on any other weapon he can unleash that weapons noble phantasm.
Although if gill literally starts of with ea, then he will have the upper hand
veteranadiJul 25, 2022 1:53 AM
Jul 25, 2022 1:54 AM

Aug 2020
veteranadi said:
VilexRoss said:
you are forgetting gills curse, arrogance, also karna is believed to be master of every weapon which, not sure if it's included but it was in the legends so I believe it to be there. And I believe with his speed he can kill gill without using Vasavi shakti
will work in favour as if he gets his hands on any other weapon he can unleash that weapons noble phantasm.

not being to unleash np is serious disadvantage.
like in legend not being able to use Indrastra or brahmastra, became the cause of Karna's defeat by Arjuna.
Jul 25, 2022 1:57 AM
Jun 2022
VilexRoss said:
veteranadi said:

like in legend not being able to use Indrastra or brahmastra, became the cause of Karna's defeat by Arjuna.
no actually Arjun released bramhastra and karna counters it using normal arrows, then proceeds to hit him with an iron arrow which makes Arjun unconscious for 3 hours, then he began pulling out his wheels, then Krishna told Arjuna to kill him while he was busy pulling the wheel out.
Jul 25, 2022 2:10 AM

Aug 2020
veteranadi said:
VilexRoss said:

no actually Arjun released bramhastra and karna counters it using normal arrows, then proceeds to hit him with an iron arrow which makes Arjun unconscious for 3 hours, then he began pulling out his wheels, then Krishna told Arjuna to kill him while he was busy pulling the wheel out.

Karna pushed the chariot back. Being pushed back by Arjuna, Karna began coming forward but then Karna's chariot wheel was trapped in the mud as a result of the curse he had received earlier from goddess Earth. At the crucial moment, he forgot the incantations to invoke Brahmastra, as a result of his guru Parashurama's curse.Being spurred by Krishna, then Arjuna used Anjalikastra to kill Karna which cut the head of Karna, leading to his death.
Jul 25, 2022 2:11 AM
May 2021
I would like to see a fight between Karna and Gilgamesh.
Jul 25, 2022 2:12 AM
Jun 2022
VilexRoss said:
veteranadi said:

Karna pushed the chariot back. Being pushed back by Arjuna, Karna began coming forward but then Karna's chariot wheel was trapped in the mud as a result of the curse he had received earlier from goddess Earth. At the crucial moment, he forgot the incantations to invoke Brahmastra, as a result of his guru Parashurama's curse.Being spurred by Krishna, then Arjuna used Anjalikastra to kill Karna which cut the head of Karna, leading to his death.
which book is this, definitely not Mahabharata, because the last moments are described in 3 full pages not just simply like this. Read KMG or bibek debroy translated version, then are authentic and verified
veteranadiJul 25, 2022 2:17 AM
Jul 25, 2022 2:24 AM

Aug 2020
veteranadi said:
VilexRoss said:

which book is this, definitely not Mahabharata, because the last moments are described in 3 full pages not just simply like this. Read KMG or bibek debroy translated version, then are authentic and verified

Man, there's something you mistook about Hindu mythology and scriptures. There is no single text. Rather there are bunch of stories changing from one region to another. All are right in their own way.
Jul 25, 2022 2:26 AM

Apr 2016
It literally does not matter what you read in Mahabharata, or what is written there. Fate has its own rules.

You know, if the female King Arthur wasn't a dead giveaway of it being its own thing.
Jul 25, 2022 2:41 AM
Jun 2022
VilexRoss said:
veteranadi said:

Man, there's something you mistook about Hindu mythology and scriptures. There is no single text. Rather there are bunch of stories changing from one region to another. All are right in their own way.
I know because I am Hindu but the Mahabharata is in Sanskrit, which is translated, obviously some regions have alterations but the most accurate version is the one I mentioned, and it's carbon dated to that era
Jul 25, 2022 2:42 AM
Jun 2022
Swagernator said:
It literally does not matter what you read in Mahabharata, or what is written there. Fate has its own rules.

You know, if the female King Arthur wasn't a dead giveaway of it being its own thing.
well then the creator or author stated that if gil had advantage then it would be 50 50 Chance , without advantage karna would win
Jul 25, 2022 4:00 AM

Feb 2019
veteranadi said:

The question of who would win is nonsensical and is completely the wrong way to approach this franchise or any other.

For that matter it's a redundant question anyway, since a confrontation between Gilgamesh and Karna does indeed happen in Fate/EXTRA CCC.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Jul 25, 2022 4:04 AM
Jun 2022
O_T_T said:
veteranadi said:

The question of who would win is nonsensical and is completely the wrong way to approach this franchise or any other.

For that matter it's a redundant question anyway, since a confrontation between Gilgamesh and Karna does indeed happen in Fate/EXTRA CCC.
O_T_T said:
veteranadi said:

is it an animeis it an anime, I don't know because I haven't heard of it before
Jul 25, 2022 4:11 AM

Feb 2019
veteranadi said:
O_T_T said:

It's a PSP game from 2010, a companion to its predecessor, Fate/EXTRA.
Jul 25, 2022 4:13 AM
Jun 2022
O_T_T said:
veteranadi said:

so you are saying results of a game demonstrate anime fights, what about plyer error, am I missing something because this argument doesn't seem valid
Jul 25, 2022 6:09 AM
Nov 2020
veteranadi said:
O_T_T said:

so you are saying results of a game demonstrate anime fights, what about plyer error, am I missing something because this argument doesn't seem valid

The animes don’t portray the servants full power, the games are what show the full power of the servants. Karna is actually one of the servants that is on par with Gil, it mainly comes down to can Karna survive EA, and can Karna escape Enkidu( which is the chains that binds characters and depending on how strong their divinity is the chains are stronger), in UBW Heracles broke out of the chains a bit and he’s a Demigod/God.
Jul 25, 2022 6:13 AM
Jun 2022
DarkHomieC said:
veteranadi said:

The animes don’t portray the servants full power, the games are what show the full power of the servants. Karna is actually one of the servants that is on par with Gil, it mainly comes down to can Karna survive EA, and can Karna escape Enkidu( which is the chains that binds characters and depending on how strong their divinity is the chains are stronger), in UBW Heracles broke out of the chains a bit and he’s a Demigod/God.
yeah but in game it could happen that he could actually do so but at that moment the gamer actually wasn't able to, and in games gill arrogance doesn't count, karna actually has a skill which makes him show his power less than it actually is, which takes advantage of gills character, and character count toward battle, Gilgamesh is arrogant and nothing changes that so in anime he could easily die if he undermines a servent on par with him
Jul 25, 2022 6:31 AM
Nov 2020
veteranadi said:
DarkHomieC said:

yeah but in game it could happen that he could actually do so but at that moment the gamer actually wasn't able to, and in games gill arrogance doesn't count, karna actually has a skill which makes him show his power less than it actually is, which takes advantage of gills character, and character count toward battle, Gilgamesh is arrogant and nothing changes that so in anime he could easily die if he undermines a servent on par with him
I said in games because of their full power being shown there, but to scale them both you would mainly take all that information into account. Even though Karna has a skill like that, it would only do so much for him and big chance even with Gil’s arrogance and him being cocky he would probably figure out Karna’s identity. Then it come into question that Gil would probably use Enkidu to try and trap Karna. Karna stat wise kinda out matches Gil in categories and his numerous abilities do to in cases, but personally I think Karna can win.
Jul 25, 2022 6:47 AM
Jun 2022
DarkHomieC said:
veteranadi said:
I said in games because of their full power being shown there, but to scale them both you would mainly take all that information into account. Even though Karna has a skill like that, it would only do so much for him and big chance even with Gil’s arrogance and him being cocky he would probably figure out Karna’s identity. Then it come into question that Gil would probably use Enkidu to try and trap Karna. Karna stat wise kinda out matches Gil in categories and his numerous abilities do to in cases, but personally I think Karna can win.
the skill is knowledge of the deprived and uncrowned arms mastership, if gill can act arrogant against shiro then karna is a lot stronger, also same can be said about saber, people say she can defeat him because she has counter to ea but against gate of Babylon she is helpless let alone enkidu, I believe if something actually takes advantage of character then it pretty much works, and it's not like gill will take him seriously even if he knows it's karna, because he didn't take Archer seriously, and he didn't even have a skill to take advantage of arrogance, everytime gill loses is out of arrogance.
Jul 25, 2022 9:10 AM
Jun 2021
veteranadi said:

well since that Gilgamesh isn't even part of Apocrypha this wouldn't be a fair fight since it never happened (other than in CCC but neither were fighting at their best) I feel like a matchup against Achilles would be more fair (since he was in Apocrypha too)
Jul 25, 2022 9:28 AM
Nov 2019
according to fgo (which i feel is the only acceptable way of doing this) gill does better in basically every scenario other than single target one shot. so if they unleash their np at the same time karna is likely gonna win but in basically every other scenario gill is the stronger one. (unless you put some weird restriction on him)
Jul 25, 2022 9:50 AM
Jun 2022
kushakashi said:
according to fgo (which i feel is the only acceptable way of doing this) gill does better in basically every scenario other than single target one shot. so if they unleash their np at the same time karna is likely gonna win but in basically every other scenario gill is the stronger one. (unless you put some weird restriction on him)
actually if you look at skill, karna is the most skilled servent based on stats, also Gilgamesh agility is c karna is a and also strength wise karna is considered stronger, so I guess karna will do better, also I consider game and Anime different because in games character doesn't come in play, and with karna having knowledge of deprived built for taking advantage of gills arrogance, it's not fair. Basically gill is just a weakling with op phantasms which work against most servants
Jul 25, 2022 9:55 AM
Nov 2020
veteranadi said:
DarkHomieC said:
the skill is knowledge of the deprived and uncrowned arms mastership, if gill can act arrogant against shiro then karna is a lot stronger, also same can be said about saber, people say she can defeat him because she has counter to ea but against gate of Babylon she is helpless let alone enkidu, I believe if something actually takes advantage of character then it pretty much works, and it's not like gill will take him seriously even if he knows it's karna, because he didn't take Archer seriously, and he didn't even have a skill to take advantage of arrogance, everytime gill loses is out of arrogance.
Saber is a hard counter to Gil because of her having Avalon and not being able to die, Gate of Babylon is her only worry( not really) she can counter most of the weapons being thrown at her and she can’t die( can be incapacitated), and Enkidu wouldn’t effect her because of her not having divinity(Enkidu would be the equivalent of regular chains to her). Gil didn’t take archer seriously because of Archer being a “Counter Guardian”, also Gil did take him seriously to an extent because of the mystery behind Archer. Gil does mainly lose because of arrogance and Cockyness, but that’s apart of his irl mythology( at least for his Archer form, not his castor form)
Jul 25, 2022 9:59 AM
Jun 2022
DarkHomieC said:
veteranadi said:
Saber is a hard counter to Gil because of her having Avalon and not being able to die, Gate of Babylon is her only worry( not really) she can counter most of the weapons being thrown at her and she can’t die( can be incapacitated), and Enkidu wouldn’t effect her because of her not having divinity(Enkidu would be the equivalent of regular chains to her). Gil didn’t take archer seriously because of Archer being a “Counter Guardian”, also Gil did take him seriously to an extent because of the mystery behind Archer. Gil does mainly lose because of arrogance and Cockyness, but that’s apart of his irl mythology( at least for his Archer form, not his castor form)
well if you are talking about forms then Archer karna in mythology is said to shoot arrows at 20 in 10seconds so Gilgamesh would be beheaded before he could even blink ( guess that's why they didn't introduced Archer karna). Anyways I think this discussion has been very long, and since we cannot come to a total conclusion, I hope they show gil vs karna in anime in future to clear it.
Jul 25, 2022 10:44 AM
Nov 2019
veteranadi said:
kushakashi said:
actually if you look at skill, karna is the most skilled servent based on stats, also Gilgamesh agility is c karna is a and also strength wise karna is considered stronger, so I guess karna will do better, also I consider game and Anime different because in games character doesn't come in play, and with karna having knowledge of deprived built for taking advantage of gills arrogance, it's not fair. Basically gill is just a weakling with op phantasms which work against most servants

i don't know where you get these A and C (seeing as how agility is not even a factor in fgo) but gills hit rate is something like 5,5,5,8 with only one Q which is ridiculously op. i understand if you don't play the game but that makes gill one of the best servents in the whole game while karna is a stright damage and nothing else kinda servent (does more damage with his base attack as most lancers do but if you mess with the numbers by CCs or buffs or Bchain or anything else really, gill is gonna be the more succesful one) and they both rock the divine-res kit so if they face each other, neither is gonna do much damage cuz same element + res = bad

game aside tho, karna and gill are from very different sources (neither one is canon in the others universe). so this comparison is literally goku vs sitama or something as equally impossible to do.

think of it like this, gill defeated artoria who defeated cu who defeated karna (all of those are canon) but does that mean gill is stronger than karna? . . . i dont think so
kushakashiJul 25, 2022 10:52 AM
Jul 25, 2022 10:47 AM
Jun 2022
kushakashi said:
veteranadi said:

i don't know where you get these A and C (seeing as how agility is not even a factor in fgo) but gills hit rate is something like 5,5,5,8 with only one Q which is ridiculously op. i understand if you don't play the game but that makes gill one of the best servents in the whole game while karna is a stright damage and nothing else kinda servent (does more damage with his base attack as most lancers do but if you mess with the numbers by CCs or buffs or Bchain or anything else really, gill is gonna be the more succesful one) and they both rock the divine-res kit so if they face each other, neither is gonna do much damage cuz same element + res = bad

game aside tho, karna and gill are from very different sources (neither one is canon in the others universe). so this comparison is literally goku vs sitama or something as equally impossible to do.
if you search in YouTube Gilgamesh vs world you get to see the stats and discussion of all those who have potential chance to beat Gilgamesh, also I get that these are from different ones but honestly I just want to see their fight animated, that's why I asked, but yes as I said in my last quote, unless they fight in the anime we won't know, so let's keep it at that
Jul 25, 2022 11:06 PM
Nov 2021
I think there's 50-50 chance as if gil continues to act arrogant and underestimating his opponents it is likely he will los e but if he uses every power available to him since beginning like ea and chains of truth then it will probably be Karna's loss
Jul 25, 2022 11:51 PM
Jun 2022
Bonedoctor99 said:
I think there's 50-50 chance as if gil continues to act arrogant and underestimating his opponents it is likely he will los e but if he uses every power available to him since beginning like ea and chains of truth then it will probably be Karna's loss
also I wonder because ea takes time to set up leaving him open, and since karnas kavach protects him from gate of Babylon he may strike him , although yes gil has a better chance like 60 percent if he goes all out from start, which is probably 1 in a million times because as we see in anime , he underestimates everyone.
Jul 25, 2022 11:58 PM
Nov 2021
veteranadi said:
Bonedoctor99 said:
also I wonder because ea takes time to set up leaving him open, and since karnas kavach protects him from gate of Babylon he may strike him , although yes gil has a better chance like 60 percent if he goes all out from start, which is probably 1 in a million times because as we see in anime , he underestimates everyone.

Agreed
It is likely that Gil will underestimate Karna and lose but we won't know unless they fight for real without karna being nerfed intentionally and without plot armour.
Jul 27, 2022 3:10 AM
Dec 2020
depends if Gilgamesh's ego gets in his way or not
Jul 27, 2022 3:16 AM

Feb 2019
veteranadi said:
O_T_T said:

veteranadi said:
DarkHomieC said:

Both of you completely miss the point. Posing the question is unnecessary in the first place as such an event canonically takes place within the franchise, and even once posed is nonsensical as questioning such a thing ignores the reason why it actually takes place.

Stories do not run on measurements of who has a bigger number than the other. Insisting anything should or should not happen as a result of that is the wrong way to approach them.
Jul 27, 2022 3:25 AM
Jun 2022
O_T_T said:
veteranadi said:
veteranadi said:

Both of you completely miss the point. Posing the question is unnecessary in the first place as such an event canonically takes place within the franchise, and even once posed is nonsensical as questioning such a thing ignores the reason why it actually takes place.

Stories do not run on measurements of who has a bigger number than the other. Insisting anything should or should not happen as a result of that is the wrong way to approach them.
so you are basically saying that if I play the game as Gilgamesh and lose to a player who has a character like maybe beserker Hercules then beserker will become stronger than Gilgamesh and the fight showed in anime will become pointless, or was the game run by some artificial intelligence, which maximized the characters power, and what about the nature of character, because in reality nature of a person determines many things during the battle, answer logical, don't throw words like nonsensical question, because kids give these kind of arguments.
Jul 27, 2022 3:33 AM

Feb 2019
veteranadi said:
O_T_T said:

so you are basically saying that if I play the game as Gilgamesh and lose to a player who has a character like maybe beserker Hercules then beserker will become stronger than Gilgamesh and the fight showed in anime will become pointless, or was the game run by some artificial intelligence, which maximized the characters power, and what about the nature of character, because in reality nature of a person determines many things during the battle, answer logical, don't throw words like nonsensical question, because kids give these kind of arguments.

I can't even begin to figure out what you're trying to say, but it's obvious you've again ignored my point. I am not going to waste any more time with you.
Jul 27, 2022 4:08 AM
Jun 2022
O_T_T said:
veteranadi said:

I can't even begin to figure out what you're trying to say, but it's obvious you've again ignored my point. I am not going to waste any more time with you.
yeah well again the same reply, anyways it's not like I can understand you either.
Jul 29, 2022 9:48 PM
May 2020
I think yes , he has a chance . He can beat gilgamesh. But gilgamesh can also beat karna
Its 50-50 . Kinda same as saitama vs goku

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.