Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 22, 2022 11:15 AM
Feb 2018
This topic really just sounds like bait tbh.

Chalk it all up to cultural differences. Domestic abuse is not normalized in the west where I'm from. There are systems in place to try and help abuse victims escape their current situations, though I can't comment on the efficacy of those systems.

In the case of the Todoroki family, it seemed to me that Enji/Endeavor was a emotional abuser and possibly a physical one, depending on what constituted Shoto's training and if there were things between Enji and Rei that we did not see.

Shoto seemed to love Rei more than anyone before recieving his scar, since she helped shape his view on heroes and helped define the kind of hero Shoto wanted to become. Shoto also seemed to be a really smart kid, since he was able to process and understand the reasoning behind Rei's phone call for help before she poured the kettle on him. (There's also the manga spoilers thing that can be factored into this as well, but I'm not a manga reader so I can't comment.)

So for me at least, it makes perfect sense that Shoto would hate Endeavor, as Endeavor's abuse towards Rei caused her mania and her lashing out at Shoto. The pain he felt from losing his mother (figuratively speaking, as she ended up permanently in the hospital) outweighed the pain he felt from the boiling water poured on his face.

If Shoto hating his dad isn't something you can personally relate to, that's okay. But all in all, this is pretty much the reasoning that the manga/anime gives.
Jul 22, 2022 11:18 AM
Feb 2018
Ani-MangaReader said:
x1drownd said:
I like how this whole thread is just an alleged Indian dude justifying and rationalizing a status quo of normalized abuse and defending abusers. Shit fam this is maybe one of the most inadvertently depressing thing I’ve read on here.
dude.., see in the world of MHA.., villains won’t cuddle you while fighting .., it will be harsh.. see how todoroki fought against hero killer and later on.., all because of harsh training.., if he grown like a spoiled western brat.., he might have died at age 3-4 itself because he is a son of famous hero

>spoiled western brat

Frankly, trying to explain this was probably a lost cause from the start :/
Jul 22, 2022 11:19 AM
Jun 2022
ernYoung said:
Ani-MangaReader said:
dude.., see in the world of MHA.., villains won’t cuddle you while fighting .., it will be harsh.. see how todoroki fought against hero killer and later on.., all because of harsh training.., if he grown like a spoiled western brat.., he might have died at age 3-4 itself because he is a son of famous hero

>spoiled western brat

im saying it as a example ; not as is ..
Jul 22, 2022 11:25 AM
Feb 2018
Ani-MangaReader said:
ernYoung said:

>spoiled western brat

im saying it as a example ; not as is ..

okay okay cool, sorry for the call-out :)
Jul 22, 2022 12:45 PM
Jun 2021
Well... Endeavour has a very abusive mentality towards his wife and kids. Rei became mentally ill because of her husband's abuse towards her and her children. In the future/if you read the manga things will get clearer. But it is true that south east Asia is very sceptical towards abusive relationships, be it between spouses or parents- children.
Jul 22, 2022 1:05 PM
Oct 2020
Ani-MangaReader said:
I'm from India here still arrange marriage is very too common (99.97% is arranged , and the bride and groom will is not respected tbh ) and just like shoto's mom poured hot water on his face my mom tried to stab me and choke me multiple times and i don't really get it why he hates endeavor for that , she is having mental breakdown , and i get it she married via arrangement but see even india and todoroki family both consider one thing power over emotions , even here all Indians ( except 1% minor niche who marries for love ) marry within family to retain wealth and communication .., why endeavor getting all hate , while he wanted his kids to be stronger ... just like a indian parent who wants their wealth retained within family and relatives to be unforgotten...

bruh that really doesn't make sense, todoroki's family issues arent same with you. lol did you forget endeavour abused his wife and children for the sake of making a perfect offspring. todoroki has all the right to hate his father for that
Jul 22, 2022 1:10 PM
Oct 2020
Ani-MangaReader said:
Palash123 said:

You do realise that the hate for endeavour declined way too much after that fight and in season 5 since that was the purpose of the arcs that he was trying to redeem himself since he knew what he did was wrong
yes, but wrong as a teaching in harsh manner..., wrong as a father..., but not as a mentor or a teacher.., while tanjiro ass whooped by urukodaki all saying great.., but if same happens to shoto , you hypocrites awww him

yeah coz tanjiro asked for it he wanted to become a demon slayer + he is older than todoroki was when endeavour treated him like a test subject. Just bcoz you are someone's father it doesn't give you the right to treat you kid like a fking test subject and force you will onto them
Jul 22, 2022 1:14 PM

Jun 2016
He doesn't hate him for their marriage, he hates him because him and his mother were abused.

Also different cultures, different background, different experiences, different lives in simple words. Even if other were to have the same experience has Todoroki it doesn't mean they should have the same feelings and vice versa. Also there's nothing to normalize about his situation.
Jul 22, 2022 1:59 PM

May 2017
I think Endeavor also abused Shoto's older brother, so that may be an additional reason. I think that having and not forgiving your dad because he abused you and your mom is enough reason. Childhood trauma is serious, and just because Endeavor wants to be a better dad doesn't mean that anyone has an obligation to forgive him. Abuse can come in many forms

I'm sorry you had to go through that with your mom. My childhood was also traumatic because of drugs and alcohol, and my mom and dad would get into fights that turned into yelling matches which then turned physical. Seeing bruises on your mom that you know came from your dad is really tough to go through and it's very heartbreaking for a kid. Like Shoto, it shows that love between your parents is not real, and that's also a tough realization for a kid
Jul 22, 2022 3:06 PM

Aug 2015
Your mom choked and stabbed you multiple times and you don't hate her? Now I'm the one who's confused.
Controversial opinions
Jul 22, 2022 5:00 PM

Aug 2018
He hates him for the same reason as Natsuo- he physically abused Shoto for years and neglected his other children, his mother’s mental breakdown was caused by being forced into a marriage (which isn’t normalized in Japan). Also insane story to drop in a My Hero Academia thread.
Jul 22, 2022 5:04 PM

Aug 2021
Ani-MangaReader said:
I'm from India here still arrange marriage is very too common (99.97% is arranged , and the bride and groom will is not respected tbh ) and just like shoto's mom poured hot water on his face my mom tried to stab me and choke me multiple times and i don't really get it why he hates endeavor for that , she is having mental breakdown , and i get it she married via arrangement but see even india and todoroki family both consider one thing power over emotions , even here all Indians ( except 1% minor niche who marries for love ) marry within family to retain wealth and communication .., why endeavor getting all hate , while he wanted his kids to be stronger ... just like a indian parent who wants their wealth retained within family and relatives to be unforgotten...

He hates Endeavour for abusing him and his mother really. He hates that whatever Endeavour did made his mother end up getting a mental breakdown. And Endeavour didn't do it for his kids to get stronger, he did it more for moulding someone in his place to achieve his dream of being more powerful than All-Might. So, Endeavour's selfishness and cruelty were what he hated.

and just because the bride's are disrespected in India doesn't mean you should also continue along the same path and normalise that. The part about the abuse your mother put you through, well, it is no parallel with him since his mother's breakdown was because of what had been done to her over time by Endeavour when she was a kind person.

Anyway, once Endeavour took accountability for his actions and decided to stop pushing his kids for a cause which they were least interested in, Shoto kinda did forgive him though the past is in the past and it can't be changed.
Jul 22, 2022 6:08 PM
Nov 2017
Stop saying “in other countries, or in other situations” who the f cares abuse is bs no matter what. And an abusive father should be hated same goes for an abusive mother. Abuse is abuse and if you can’t get that through your head then you’re a lost cause. So no justice for an abuser past or present.
Blake_x_Yang25Jul 24, 2022 12:19 PM
Jul 22, 2022 7:27 PM
Aug 2021
voltwaffle said:
Your mom choked and stabbed you multiple times and you don't hate her? Now I'm the one who's confused.

Uhhhhh ....ummmm....ehhhhh...same bro
Jul 22, 2022 7:28 PM

Dec 2021
I think it's because he drove her into pouring scalding hot water on todoroki's face and put her in a mental hospital (I maybe wrong about this)
"Tits don't make the woman. It's the ass." - Darx
Jul 22, 2022 9:36 PM

May 2021
Maybe cause he is a fictional character and is completely plot driven?
also,there was no need to unveil such ordeals of your life.
Jul 22, 2022 10:03 PM
Feb 2022
Ani-MangaReader said:

what the fuck? it's not a fucking 1% niche. it may seem like that to you, but that's just your upbringing.
Jul 22, 2022 11:20 PM
Jan 2019
sagedevault said:
Ani-MangaReader said:
j
ust google how asian and indian moms are treated , it is same as shoto and rei todoroki.., but not all hate their dads, endeavor needs justice ...

Bruh he doesn't hate him for marrying her he hates him for ABUSING the shit out of her. Quit trying to normalize abuse. Just cause certain countries treat women like shit doesn't mean it's okay lol those countries shouldn't be doing that either.

Exactly. Exactly. It's that straightforward
Jul 22, 2022 11:22 PM
Jan 2019
Ani-MangaReader said:
j
sagedevault said:
Doesn't he hate his Dad because of how he abused the shit out of himself to be lesser extent but mainly abused his mom to the point that she broke down psychologically and associated Shotos face with endeavor and took it out on him when she just couldn't take it anymore? Not to mention his obsession with making Shoto his prodigy and the future number 1 hero and forcing his obsessed dream on his son. But I think the main reason is the way he treats his mom.
ust google how asian and indian moms are treated , it is same as shoto and rei todoroki.., but not all hate their dads, endeavor needs justice ...

Abusive man needs justice?
Are you actually fucking joking?
Jul 22, 2022 11:30 PM
Jan 2019
Ani-MangaReader said:
BokutosBraincell said:
it is about Toya but I wont say he is a spoiled brat… I mean he just wanted to have a higher status and be the perfect child for his father just like any other Indian kid trying to be the perfect kid cause “log kya kahenge” and lets not forget Endevour pressuring him to be perfect until shoto came along to be his next target. I mean if Endevour told his kids to follow his dreams in a healthy way it would have been a whole other story
i mean i father spanked the hell outta me everyday , even if i scored great, just like a typical indian dad.... he wanted me to be perfect..., same as endeavour,,,,, but poor endeavor gets the hate...., youre a fellow indian right you know how our parents spank the hell out and force us to join the coaching class during public exams and etc.... yet we love our parents right..., but why shoto doesnt like enji todoroki a poor soul

Not to be offensive or insensitive. Please just know that first.

But shoto is right to feel his hate and express it. He broke that bullshit seal where you are forced and conditioned to love your parents only because they are your parents.

He's no poor soul. Are you trying to piss people off?

How dumb are you to love someone anyone even damn parents who beat the shit out of you? They are knowingly hurting you.

People need higher standards for their parents. You don't owe them shit cause they are the ones who forced you to exist in this repulsive life on this repulsive planet. God damn wake up please
Jul 23, 2022 5:32 AM
Mar 2021
Ani-MangaReader said:

I'm from India too, As you said Arranged Marriage is too common here but that's not the reason why Todoroki hates his Dad. His Dad just wanted his mom's quirk and a perfect quirk. After that he never treated his Mom well

And also what kinda parents stab their own children
Be safe bhai
Jul 23, 2022 5:35 AM
Jun 2022
Krish_Ketchum said:
Ani-MangaReader said:

I'm from India too, As you said Arranged Marriage is too common here but that's not the reason why Todoroki hates his Dad. His Dad just wanted his mom's quirk and a perfect quirk. After that he never treated his Mom well

Be safe bhai
my mom actually has some psychological problem dude ( caused after marriage sadly, rn she staying at her mom’s house ) and thanks for the concern dude
Jul 23, 2022 5:37 AM
Mar 2021
Ani-MangaReader said:
Krish_Ketchum said:

Be safe bhai
my mom actually has some psychological problem dude ( caused after marriage sadly, rn she staying at her mom’s house ) and thanks for the concern dude

My bad, sorry dude. Anyways, Hope you and your family be alright
Jul 23, 2022 4:28 PM
Sep 2021
Maybe because he’s abusive???
Jul 24, 2022 1:06 AM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
Shoto's hatred is justified. he deserved better. <3
Jul 24, 2022 1:51 AM

Apr 2012
In my country domestic violence is common and unlike in the West there are very few laws against it. But that doesn't mean I don't understand why Shoto is furious about his father's violence against his mother.
Jul 24, 2022 10:39 AM

Jul 2016
You need to pay more attention to the show. Shouto doesn't hate Endeavor for the arranged marriage but for all the physical and mental abuse he inflicted on his mother and him. Not to mention the Touya issue.
Jul 24, 2022 11:05 AM

Jun 2022
That made me think what if all that was a lie all along, Endeavor never did all that was shown, Shoto and his mom were high on drugs and his mother is going through drug rehabilitation.
Jul 24, 2022 6:16 PM
Jul 2018
Can't tell if bait or ...

I try to process that topic of someone defending a domestic abuser, who beat the shit out of his wife and kids because "I think it's normal".
Okay then...
Jul 24, 2022 10:54 PM

Dec 2014
She like sissy guy and not a manly guy like Endeavor. Sad case
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jul 25, 2022 7:37 AM

Apr 2014
Probably just a case of different cultures
Jul 26, 2022 1:17 PM
Jun 2019
Ani-MangaReader said:
BokutosBraincell said:
. Yeah and thats when most of the fans stopped hating him a bit shoto also stopped hating him after that… if you see the hate on memes and stuff its mostly on the part that has not yet been animated
but from Indian POV he is a great dad TBH

I’m glad I wasn’t born in India, then. That’s messed up. I’m not even going to sugarcoat it. A husband and wife should treat each other with love and respect. Shoto will forever remember how his father treated him and his mother at such a crucial age. He clung onto his mother because that was the only person who he could lean on until she snapped.
Jul 27, 2022 5:02 AM
Jun 2022
Voidackerman said:
Ani-MangaReader said:
but from Indian POV he is a great dad TBH

I’m glad I wasn’t born in India, then. That’s messed up. I’m not even going to sugarcoat it. A husband and wife should treat each other with love and respect. Shoto will forever remember how his father treated him and his mother at such a crucial age. He clung onto his mother because that was the only person who he could lean on until she snapped.
love is taboo in india... if you love someone other than your family , you either get killed or ostracized from the family... and even worse homicide can also occur .., thats why rate of eloping and murder is high in india
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» what's up with the rating?

Tormented - Jun 9

11 by Phloup »»
Jun 9, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

441 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 7, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

336 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 6, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

279 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 5, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

298 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 4, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.