Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 8, 2022 6:18 AM
Sep 2021
I just saw that they changed the name of Sung Jin Woo to Shun Mizushino... And I'm really disappointed rn. Is it confirmed? What are your thoughts about it?
Jul 8, 2022 6:29 AM
Apr 2022
Emmad_- said:
I just saw that they changed the name of Sung Jin Woo to Shun Mizushino... And I'm really disappointed rn. Is it confirmed? What are your thoughts about it?

yep that's nice actually after watching 100s of series consisting Japanese name a Korean name will sound really wired

so it's good

great job by A1 pictures
Jul 8, 2022 6:29 AM
Mar 2022
Welcome to the world of disappointment my friend !
Jul 8, 2022 6:30 AM
Apr 2022
JJK , CSM and now SOLO LEVELING

we're at the peak time
Jul 8, 2022 6:31 AM

Jan 2017
Emmad_- said:
Is it confirmed?

Yes.
The name of Sung Jin-Woo was changed to Shun Mizushino in the Japanese version , and the story will take place in Tokyo instead of Seoul.
Note that the Korean Dub trailer do have the originals names.

To be honest , you can most probably expect more censorship about everything regarding the Japanese depictions that was made in Solo Leveling.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jul 8, 2022 6:33 AM
Jan 2021
WVM said:
Emmad_- said:

yep that's nice actually after watching 100s of series consisting Japanese name a Korean name will sound really wired

so it's good

great job by A1 pictures

Tons of anime have Chinese, Korean, Spanish, German, English, and many other language names
Jul 8, 2022 6:36 AM
Feb 2020
I know right? SUCH A HUGE IMPROVEMENT! Ugh maybe this will be decent now. Korean garbage has no business pretending its anime.
Jul 8, 2022 6:40 AM

Jun 2016
The japanese are as bad as hollywood when it comes to making changes to their adaptations of foreign media.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jul 8, 2022 7:05 AM
Dec 2020
Alexioos95 said:
Emmad_- said:
Is it confirmed?

Yes.
The name of Sung Jin-Woo was changed to Shun Mizushino in the Japanese version , and the story will take place in Tokyo instead of Seoul.

To be honest , you can most probably expect more censorship about everything regarding the Japanese depictions that was made in Solo Leveling.

what will they do about the part where other hunters from different countries come to Korea, where they speak different their own language, the part where they say bad things about the Japanese??
Jul 8, 2022 7:21 AM
Mar 2022
-Flaky- said:
Alexioos95 said:

Yes.

what will they do about the part where other hunters from different countries come to Korea, where they speak different their own language, the part where they say bad things about the Japanese??

lol........😆😆😆
insulting their own country
I guess instead of saying ill of Japan they might speak ill of Korea

Wake up to reality! Nothing ever goes as planned in this accursed world.The longer you live, the more you realize that the only things that truly exist in this reality are merely pain, suffering and futility.Everywhere you look in this world,wherever there is light, there will always be shadows to be found as well.As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will also exist.The selfish intent of wanting to preserve peace, initiates war and hatred is born in order to protect love.
Jul 8, 2022 7:22 AM
Aug 2021
where did you see that
Jul 8, 2022 8:01 AM
Mar 2022
WVM said:
JJK , CSM and now SOLO LEVELING

we're at the peak time

true as fukkkkkk🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Wake up to reality! Nothing ever goes as planned in this accursed world.The longer you live, the more you realize that the only things that truly exist in this reality are merely pain, suffering and futility.Everywhere you look in this world,wherever there is light, there will always be shadows to be found as well.As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will also exist.The selfish intent of wanting to preserve peace, initiates war and hatred is born in order to protect love.
Jul 8, 2022 8:02 AM

Jan 2017
-Flaky- said:

Nothing was said about this , but we can expect them to change the bad japaneses talk to bad koreans talk , or something among those lines.

Thapple said:
where did you see that

It's written next to his picture in the teaser PV.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Jul 8, 2022 8:03 AM
Feb 2022
Nah dude I'm fine with his japnese name too Shun is kinda a cool name.

Jul 8, 2022 8:32 AM
Oct 2021
Why Shun? Kazuto is fitt for jinwoo's Japanese name, its way cooler than Shun 🤣
Jul 8, 2022 8:35 AM
Jun 2021
giffica said:
I know right? SUCH A HUGE IMPROVEMENT! Ugh maybe this will be decent now. Korean garbage has no business pretending its anime.

Bro? You alright?
Jul 8, 2022 8:50 AM
Feb 2020
YGuco18 said:
giffica said:

Bro? You alright?
Yeah now that they removed this fake anime.
Jul 8, 2022 8:52 AM

Jul 2021
Alexioos95 said:
Emmad_- said:
Is it confirmed?

Yes.

wait is this true? but wouldn't that alter the story alot? because in the story japan is involved too so how would they handle that

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
Jul 8, 2022 9:08 AM

Jan 2017
adeeb91 said:
but wouldn't that alter the story alot?

Nop , they'll probably just swap Japan and Korea.
Actually , i've heard that the Japanese translation of the Manhwa already did that.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Jul 8, 2022 9:12 AM

Jul 2021
Alexioos95 said:
adeeb91 said:
but wouldn't that alter the story alot?

Nop , they'll probably just swap Japan and Korea.
Actually , i've heard that the Japanese translation of the Manhwa already did that.

what about the japanese hunters in the anime like goto ryuji? will they just change his name?

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
Jul 8, 2022 9:32 AM

Jan 2017
adeeb91 said:
what about the japanese hunters in the anime like goto ryuji? will they just change his name?

We don't know.

At the very least , all names of Korean characters will be translated.
Baek Yoon-Ho > Taiga Shirakawa , Woo Jinchul > Akira Inukai , Cha Hae-In > Shizuku Kousawa (Not sure if it's Kousawa or Kousaka)
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Jul 8, 2022 9:38 AM
Jan 2021
bruh honestly I just wisj they would’ve picked any name but shun like jin woo was a name i thought was pretty cool but shun just sounds like a motherfuckin 11 year old bookworm who has social anxiety like goddam
Jul 8, 2022 11:27 AM
Jun 2021
Alexioos95 said:
Emmad_- said:
Is it confirmed?

Yes.

wait so how are they going to handle the whole arc with japan then
Jul 8, 2022 11:46 AM

Jan 2017
INSANELYWP said:
wait so how are they going to handle the whole arc with japan then

As i said multiples times already , we don't know.
But they'll probably swap Korean and Japan , making Korea the very big bad country.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Jul 8, 2022 12:12 PM
Jun 2021
WVM said:
Emmad_- said:

so it's good

great job by A1 pictures

i think it'll start bugging me if the Japanese name becomes more widely used than the original name and if the subtitles also change to the Japanese version over the original
Jul 8, 2022 12:37 PM
Aug 2019
Emmad_- said:

wtf???? so an anime character can be named "berthold, khun aguero, irina jelavić, victor nikiforov... but can't be named sung jinwoo??? 💀
suddenly i want to watch it with korean dub...
Jul 8, 2022 7:36 PM
Jan 2022
WVM said:
Emmad_- said:

so it's good

great job by A1 pictures

I don't think that's good because It takes a little part of originality and anime watchers who didn't read the manhwa will learn tha name of Japanese given name not the original Korean name.
Jul 8, 2022 10:27 PM

Dec 2020
LMAO fr? to be expected tho. mizushino is his family name right? so its sung jinwoo --> mizushino shun. eh i can work with it ig. still so much better than hyungseok --> daniel (lookism)😭😭😭 that shit took me out so bad
Jul 8, 2022 10:41 PM
Apr 2022
Right? Shintaro or jintan would be the perfect name for sung jin woo but they went with some random ass name like shun mizushino
Jul 9, 2022 10:48 AM
Aug 2021
Emmad_- said:

that's not new to me because I already experienced noblesse before
Jul 9, 2022 4:55 PM
Dec 2020
bro why is Japan acting so petty lol they prob gonna make korea bad in the story and so a switch. idk i dont want to see the anime anymore.
Jul 9, 2022 9:13 PM
May 2021
Why did they have to change his name and shift the story from Korea to Japan!! In my opinion adapting the original would be better but let's see how A1 handles this....
(I wonder if other people's names will also be changed)
Jul 9, 2022 9:25 PM

Oct 2015
just wait for korean dub
Jul 9, 2022 10:13 PM
Oct 2021
I'm fine I don't even know japenese. Hopefully they Sung Jin Woo on subtitles of the show while they call him with his new name.
Jul 10, 2022 2:01 AM

Jan 2017
Revenge_12 said:
I wonder if other people's names will also be changed

It was already announced that yes , all korean names will get translated.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Jul 10, 2022 5:17 PM
May 2017
Levi_Heichou102 said:
-Flaky- said:

lol........😆😆😆
insulting their own country
I guess instead of saying ill of Japan they might speak ill of Korea

LOL i was thinking the EXACT same thing!!!
Jul 10, 2022 7:53 PM
Feb 2015
the reason is national sanctity
I think the anime will be 13 episodes with skip and rush for publicity like GOHS
ggooggJul 10, 2022 7:56 PM
Jul 12, 2022 12:50 AM
Apr 2017
acciomint said:
Emmad_- said:

wtf???? so an anime character can be named "berthold, khun aguero, irina jelavić, victor nikiforov... but can't be named sung jinwoo??? 💀
suddenly i want to watch it with korean dub...

Japan hates none of those countries like they do Korea. Plus Solo Levelling in the original korean version is already extremely anti-Japanese.
Jul 12, 2022 11:11 AM
Mar 2016
Get ready to see Ryuji Goto solo the Jeju Island Arc all by himself xD
Jul 12, 2022 8:57 PM

Jul 2020
Wait what? Can someone explain, I'm so confused the director always was Nakashige Shunsuke or
Jul 13, 2022 7:52 AM

Jan 2017
3esa_Saba7 said:
Wait what? Can someone explain, I'm so confused the director always was Nakashige Shunsuke or

Dunno what you are confused about (Especially since your are off-topic) , but yes , the director of the Anime will be Nakashige Shunsuke , as it was revealed in the teaser.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Jul 13, 2022 11:25 AM

Jul 2020
Alexioos95 said:
3esa_Saba7 said:

Dunno what you are confused about (Especially since your are off-topic) , but yes , the director of the Anime will be Nakashige Shunsuke , as it was revealed in the teaser.
they why people say it was JJK director then they changed
Jul 13, 2022 11:35 AM

Jan 2017
3esa_Saba7 said:
they why people say it was JJK director then they changed

Dunno where you heard that , it's my first time hearing it.
Anyway , the only official news about the director of the Anime of Solo Leveling was revealed a few days ago when the teaser dropped , and it had nothing to do with the director of Jujutsu Kaisen.
So the peoples who talked about it probably got baited by fake rumors.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Jul 17, 2022 1:18 AM

Oct 2021
He's basically the ripoff version of Sung because he's Japanese. SJW has small eyes in Manhwa but in Japanese version LN he looks like the average black haired anime MC and a Japanese studio will animate it so I guess the artstyle would also change that's why.
Inside of me you’re still living
Each time I think of you pain, suffering, sorrow, despair
You’re just an emotional decay, the one who took my life away
Feb 17, 2023 12:30 PM
Sep 2016
It does really feel weird. Why was it so impossible to take blame for the wrongdoings? I ge,t that they are very proud people(I think), but if you are proud while being ignorant, you just limit your own growth.
Feb 17, 2023 12:31 PM
Sep 2016
That double eyelid surgery really hit sjw wild.
Feb 17, 2023 1:13 PM
Sep 2016
What of a name like: Sugai Jinbō? is it overkill? I think i'd find it wayy easier to accept  o(>▽▽ <)o   \(*T▽T*)/
Jan 8, 9:55 AM

Nov 2013
Reply to WVM
Emmad_- said:

so it's good

great job by A1 pictures
@WVM Not the spooky scary korean names, nooo
You all need to watch Nami.

Mar 24, 1:50 AM
Mar 2021
Why did they change the name in the middle of ongoing Anime?, like it's sung jin woo in episode 8 but mizushino kun in episode 9 🥲
Mar 24, 9:10 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to KrishnaKing
Why did they change the name in the middle of ongoing Anime?, like it's sung jin woo in episode 8 but mizushino kun in episode 9 🥲
KrishnaKing said:

They didn't change the names.
There are two versions of the season airing simultaneously.

More topics from this board

» Season 2 will focused more on side charcter and explore the world 360

Hickykissy - May 10

29 by SuperLupinHero »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

398 by KcmcPro »»
Jun 10, 4:03 PM

» Are People Just Hate-Watching Now? ( 1 2 3 )

HyroSan - Feb 12

103 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 10, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jan 6

729 by satyrelfheim »»
Jun 10, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13

514 by Deono »»
Jun 9, 9:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.