Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 6, 2022 9:17 PM
Dec 2018
It was like, Jesus, my guy, you
and yet you know nothing about music? You can't tell Uenoyama any music you listen to (let alone like), you know absolutely no guitar or rock instrument terminology, and don't even know what a goddamn promo photo is? I could keep going with examples even yet. It was irritating to me as a viewer (every bit as irritating as he was to Uenoyama when they first became friends) how painfully ignorant he was of all things musical, and made me question how
. It's one thing to
, but Mafuyu's levels of ignorance were baffling given his past.

This show was still great and one of the best yaoi I'm probably ever going to watch (emotionally compelling and lovely story even if you don't normally favor BL elements in your anime), but that trait of Mafuyu's (still an adorable and dynamic character) slightly dampered my enjoyment of it here and there, as well as the sheer unlikeliness of
Jul 6, 2022 9:40 PM
Jul 2021
I can understand your point of view, but at the same time it shows that Mafuyu wants to learn more about Uenoyama’s passion. Completely agree that it’s one of the best BL currently out
Jul 6, 2022 11:34 PM
Aug 2021
I can understand your frustration haha. I would like to think that Mafuyu is musically gifted but somehow stays away from it because it triggers his trauma. Even Hiiragi said that Mafuyu always hums to notes that Yuki would turn into a song, which Mafuyu had forgotten about because shits like trauma messes up your memory. We all know for the fact that he doesn't want to be involved in music because he grew distant with Yuki after Yuki got himself so immersed in his band. The only thing right for Mafuyu now is to move on, and that's by facing his trauma head on, hence him learning music.

p.s : This series is not remotely close to being a *yaoi* it's a shonen ai.
Jul 7, 2022 5:13 PM
May 2021
The problem with this is that we don’t know much about Mafuyu’s relationship with Yuki. We don’t even know much about Yuki to begin with so for all intents and purposes he could have just not been that serious about music, thus Mafuyu wouldn’t know much about it. Or maybe Yuki just didn’t bring it up often and we know Mafuyu is not an inquisitive person so he wouldn’t have asked. In reality it’s most likely just a way for the author to get the unfamiliar audience acquainted with the terminology and the music industry overall.
Jul 9, 2022 6:41 PM
Jan 2019
Schlockendale said:
It was like, Jesus, my guy, you
and yet you know nothing about music? You can't tell Uenoyama any music you listen to (let alone like), you know absolutely no guitar or rock instrument terminology, and don't even know what a goddamn promo photo is? I could keep going with examples even yet. It was irritating to me as a viewer (every bit as irritating as he was to Uenoyama when they first became friends) how painfully ignorant he was of all things musical, and made me question how
. It's one thing to
, but Mafuyu's levels of ignorance were baffling given his past.

This show was still great and one of the best yaoi I'm probably ever going to watch (emotionally compelling and lovely story even if you don't normally favor BL elements in your anime), but that trait of Mafuyu's (still an adorable and dynamic character) slightly dampered my enjoyment of it here and there, as well as the sheer unlikeliness of

There's better yaoi out there. Trust.
This is underwhelming

More topics from this board

Poll: » Given Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tubby - Jul 18, 2019

114 by Antoinn »»
May 21, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Gardevoir101 - Sep 19, 2019

134 by Keia_ »»
May 11, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Tubby - Jul 11, 2019

169 by JacobRules »»
May 1, 9:43 AM

» I'm a straight guy, can I watch it?

removed-user - Oct 29, 2023

36 by NekoCats »»
Mar 2, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tubby - Jul 25, 2019

85 by gorkoo »»
Jan 23, 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.