Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 4, 2022 10:00 AM
Jul 2016
Jul 4, 2022 10:26 AM
Jul 2021
At least in the novel, Ibuki put the card back in Horikitas hand. I’m assuming Ayanokoji did all that to confirm who was getting the information and how, also to have the physical evidence that had to be trusted rather than a photo. That’s just my take though, I might have forgot something from the book
Jul 4, 2022 10:27 AM
Jan 2021
In regards to how he got the keycard, it is because she dropped it on Horikita after she’d shown Katsuragi & Ryuen the name. When Ayanakouji found Horikita, he got the card off her person. In regards to the breaking of the camera question: in forcing her to take the card itself, he could lure out Ryuen to confirm he was still on the Island; and thus was the leader. Finding out Katsuragi was working with them was a bonus, I believe. Since Katsuragi was a prudent man, he wouldn’t just take Class C’s word for who was the respective leaders for the other classes. When he destroyed the camera, Katsuragi was forced to meet with Ibuki in order to see the name on the card himself rather than seeing it on a picture. Also, Ibuki would not have kept the card on her, because it is a violation of the rules if I remember correctly. If she is discovered, there would a penalty. After she shows the card to those who require the information on the card (the leader’s name) there is no reason to risk such punishment. As such, she leaves it with Horikita. Sorry my reply isn’t really in order but I hope it answers you questions.
OremonogatariJul 4, 2022 10:36 AM
Jul 4, 2022 11:04 AM
Jul 2016
Oremonogatari said:
In regards to how he got the keycard, it is because she dropped it on Horikita after she’d shown Katsuragi & Ryuen the name. When Ayanakouji found Horikita, he got the card off her person. In regards to the breaking of the camera question: in forcing her to take the card itself, he could lure out Ryuen to confirm he was still on the Island; and thus was the leader. Finding out Katsuragi was working with them was a bonus, I believe. Since Katsuragi was a prudent man, he wouldn’t just take Class C’s word for who was the respective leaders for the other classes. When he destroyed the camera, Katsuragi was forced to meet with Ibuki in order to see the name on the card himself rather than seeing it on a picture. Also, Ibuki would not have kept the card on her, because it is a violation of the rules if I remember correctly. If she is discovered, there would a penalty. After she shows the card to those who require the information on the card (the leader’s name) there is no reason to risk such punishment. As such, she leaves it with Horikita. Sorry my reply isn’t really in order but I hope it answers you questions.

Thanks for answering but I have some questions.
When Ibuki met with Ryuen and Katsuragi, was Ayanokoji observing them, if not then no point in luring them out right? You said Katsuragi wouldn't take Class C's word but that's the reason the camera is there for taking a picture. Just like what they did with class B's leader card so no reason to destroy the camera.
What if she discarded the card instead of giving it back to Horikita?
MrPerfectGamerJul 4, 2022 11:09 AM
Jul 4, 2022 12:11 PM
Jan 2021
MrPerfectGamer said:
Oremonogatari said:

When Ibuki met with Ryuen and Katsuragi, was Ayanokoji observing them, if not then no point in luring them out right? You said Katsuragi wouldn't take Class C's word but that's the reason the camera is there for taking a picture. Just like what they did with class B's leader card so no reason to destroy the camera.

1) Yes, Ayanakouji saw the interaction with Ibuki, Ryuen & Katsuragi take place

2) I’m a bit confused on what you’re saying here?The point in destroying the camera is so that Ibuki will take the card and meet up with whoever she is conspiring with. This allows for Ayanakouji to gather information. I assume Class C and Katsuragi must have had a means of exchanging the names of the leaders without being coming into direct contact with each other (this is one thing im kinda uncertain about).

3) The way I see it, it would be easier for Ibuki to get away with her breaking of the rules (stealing a card) if she returned it to Horikita. If the card was missing, the claim that someone stole it would be much more believable. But if Horikita reported to the school that she had her keycard stolen, despite having the card in her possession, it holds little weight. So, by returning the card to Horikita, the likelihood of Ibuki getting in trouble for stealing the card drops significantly.

Please let me know if you have any more questions
OremonogatariJul 4, 2022 12:18 PM
Jul 4, 2022 12:41 PM
Mar 2021
MrPerfectGamer said:
Oremonogatari said:

Yeah, Katsuragi doesn't trust them and that's he wanted a photo proof of the card. But if the camera is broken, Ibuki can only verbally tell them who the leader is, since she can't take a pic to prove it. But since Katsuragi doesn't trust them, he won't just believe Ibuki's verbal statement. That's why he had to come personally to check the card. By witnessing this, Ayanokoji could confirm things about Ryuen and he also learnt that Class A and C were collaborating.
Jul 10, 2022 7:14 AM
Mar 2021
I was under the assumption that the reason Ayanokoji destroyed Ibuki’s camera was so that Horikita would confront Ibuki, lost that fight, and then be in too critical condition to continue, and be forced to go back to the boat, which may not have happened had Horikita not been attacked by Ibuki.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vicexxv - Jul 1, 2017

344 by Laachii »»
Jun 9, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

529 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 9, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

236 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 9, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2017

336 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 9, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2017

292 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 9, 1:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.