Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 25, 2022 5:46 PM
Jul 2021
This adaptation is soooo garbage, but i am EXTREMELY thankful for that amazing manga adaptation. The Umineko manga also just a few weeks ago got me adicted to visual novels and now I’ve played about 13 visual novels. I am now a huge fan of Umineko. Can I have some recommendations of some unexpectedly good visual novels, I already know about all the good ones. And if anyone knows some good visual novel 18+ then don’t leave them out… I am a man of culture.
Jun 25, 2022 7:53 PM
Mar 2021
Anything from science adventures series, the zero escape series (the third one is a bit iffy), Danganronpa, if you like those then anything from spike chunsoft because they end up being similar in genre with science fiction and mystery

fate stay night, tsukhime and anything from type moon is bound to be good just be ready for the open endings, and the huge fate wormhole

Nitro plus has written many masterpieces but the genres are decently broad they tend to overlap with spike chunsoft’s works a lot

I mean since you have already gone into ryukishi07s works you could try his standalone games like rose gun days or the other when they cry installments like higurashi or ciconia

Hope you enjoy any of them
Jun 26, 2022 12:24 AM
Sep 2021
next season, for the anime
Jun 26, 2022 10:54 PM
Oct 2014
My top recommendation is 'Analogue: A Hate Story'. It is a bit interactive and has some dating sim elements, but is through and through a visual novel with lots of character depth, mystery, and nuance. You'll be reading a lot of Text Logs as it is part of the game and premise, but I promise the story and characters payout dividends the more you invest yourself into the world.
The sequel 'Hate Plus' puts a nice bow on the story that if you liked Analogue, you'll probably enjoy it too

If you want a free one that is a bit more interactive and dating sim like you can try 'Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius'.
'Sierra Ops' also falls into a similar category.
'Ace Academy' is similar as well and has a more American Twist on it.

I also suggest 'World End Economica' if you enjoy a bit more of a modernish vn.

'Fault - Milestone One' is also solid if you like a more fantasy style vn. Has a sequel, prequel, and spin off as well, though dont expect a finished story for at least a decade.

Some I've heard are good but havent gotten around to playing are 'Lucid9', 'Sound of Drop', and 'Narcissu'. Also 'Planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~', havent played the vn but the anime for it was pretty solid.

Good Luck, Have Fun
Jun 29, 2022 7:20 PM
Jul 2021
Tasnemo said:
Anything from science adventures series, the zero escape series (the third one is a bit iffy), Danganronpa, if you like those then anything from spike chunsoft because they end up being similar in genre with science fiction and mystery

fate stay night, tsukhime and anything from type moon is bound to be good just be ready for the open endings, and the huge fate wormhole

Nitro plus has written many masterpieces but the genres are decently broad they tend to overlap with spike chunsoft’s works a lot

I mean since you have already gone into ryukishi07s works you could try his standalone games like rose gun days or the other when they cry installments like higurashi or ciconia

Hope you enjoy any of them

Thanks, I’ll try those
Jul 4, 2022 3:04 PM

Aug 2016
the best ones I have tried:

- MuvLuv (Extra, Unlimited and Alternative): comedy dating sim that eventually turns into a military school mecha and later into an alien invasion mecha

- Policenauts: great buddy cop flick
with a conspiracy cyberpunk setting

- Yu-No (90s version): sci-fi Isekai harem. the father of Muvluv, Clannad and steins gate

I also recommend:

- Katawa Shoujo: quality dating sim about disabled girls

- Eve Burst Error: good detective-flick

- Snatcher: good cyberpunk horror
:v
Jan 18, 2023 9:43 PM

Feb 2016
Marco & the Galaxy Dragon (favorite)
Fatal Twelve
Hatofu Boyfriend
Chusingura 46+1

misterinfoman said:
Can I have some recommendations of some unexpectedly good visual novels, I already know about all the good ones.
I took your word for it and avoided recommending anything popular.
その目だれの目?
Jan 19, 2023 6:55 AM
Jul 2021
Lucifrost said:
Marco & the Galaxy Dragon (favorite)
Fatal Twelve
Hatofu Boyfriend
Chusingura 46+1

misterinfoman said:
Can I have some recommendations of some unexpectedly good visual novels, I already know about all the good ones.
I took your word for it and avoided recommending anything popular.

Sorry, but it’s been a while and I’ve already read those… I don’t even remember posting this honestly.
Mar 18, 2023 9:41 PM

Aug 2020
try The House in Fata Morgana
May 30, 2023 7:29 AM
Jan 2021
misterinfoman said:
This adaptation is soooo garbage, but i am EXTREMELY thankful for that amazing manga adaptation. The Umineko manga also just a few weeks ago got me adicted to visual novels and now I’ve played about 13 visual novels. I am now a huge fan of Umineko. Can I have some recommendations of some unexpectedly good visual novels, I already know about all the good ones. And if anyone knows some good visual novel 18+ then don’t leave them out… I am a man of culture.

Try
Kimi no kanojo no kanojo no koi(you me and her)

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.