Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 26, 2017 12:19 PM

Jul 2013
you know what i found really stupid? so in that part where Naruto goes to rescue Kakashi, he first runs like a ninja. Then after that discussion with Gaara (or was it Shikimaru??) Anyway in front of the 'lair', he was like "gotta hurry!" and runs like a normal person. What's the point of ninja running if not that it is faster than normal running? wtf Naruto use your brain.
Aug 20, 2017 4:39 PM

May 2010
A couple good fights, but way too much repetition. Pretty stupid. I gave it a 7 for that Lee/Guy joke, though. I can't believe they finally said it.
"My only agenda is to eviscerate any who might try to rule over and control me"- Sousuke Aizen

"Maybe, just maybe, there is no purpose in life... but if you linger a while longer in this world, you might discover something of value in it"- Orochimaru

"All men are not created equal... both in birth and in upbringing, in sheer scope of ability, every human is inherently different"- Charles zi Britannia

We are the Contra Mundi. We serve the great inimical Goddess who in her own time will destroy the world. Tremble, reprobates, in fear of her pitiless gaze.
Oct 10, 2017 10:27 AM

Sep 2012
Woe, that was seriously the worst Naruto movie I've seen to date. The action to bs ratio was terrible, and I could forgive that if all the enemies weren't in bondage/basically YuGiOh cards.

"You know what Naruto fans want with their half hour of action? OVER AN HOUR OF PEOPLE TALKING! Now, let's print this money."
Oct 14, 2017 2:34 PM

Jun 2012
Yep, it sucked. Fight scenes were pretty good though. What was this shit about the main villain being friends with the Sannin? Naruto using a move which is supposed to break his arm, and being fine? This was bullshit.

And if you're going to have Gaara being badass, don't have him fighting Naruto for god's sake! It was so bad.
Oct 16, 2017 6:21 PM

Sep 2012
adrian_and_sela said:
And if you're going to have Gaara being badass, don't have him fighting Naruto for god's sake! It was so bad.

It's like, dude, he already beat you once, before you lost the Shukaku! Do you really think you can win?
May 13, 2019 8:15 AM

Feb 2017
Naruto was kinda unbearable in this.
Jul 11, 2019 3:43 PM

Jun 2017
This movie was...okay. Idk how to describe it. Like some people pointed out before, it was a little inconsistence. Especially with the jutsu that had hurt Naruto's arm before but had no effects this time. And the main evil guy kinda reminded me of Orochimaru and how he used to experiment on people too. Also, the repetition of some of the same lines was annoying too. The ending was funny though. But all in all I love Kakashi and was glad the movie was kinda about him. 6/10
May 29, 2020 7:58 AM

Nov 2019
This is one of my favorite movies.
It is about Kakashi ♡
It is after Kakashi Chronicles episodes (119 + 120) which are my favorite episodes too.
In Naruto Shippuuden I loved when they used scenes from the movie with the opening "Sha La La".
The appearance of all the characters except Sasuke is extra point because I do not like him.

----
The connection between Naruto, Sakura and Sai is great:
"Sai: I'm a member of team kakashi too, after all. Can I join you?
Sakura: Of course! Right, naruto?
Naruto: Yeah. Anyone who obeys kakashi sensei's teachings is a member of team kakashi!"

"Kakashi: Maybe it's not you who really lost, but me. If I had become the sacrifice, and saved the village...That would have meant cutting off my connections with my friends. I was trying to sacrifice the most important thing in the village. I'm the loser here."

Aug 6, 2020 4:12 AM
Dec 2017
Why didn't the enemy's special ability not absorb the last attack? It is almost like a bullshit ending to me. There was no real logical reasoning to explain why it was 100% effective except when it comes to bratty kids.
Oct 9, 2020 10:03 PM
Jul 2020
It was good except for one thing.
IF I HEAR ONE MORE CHARACTER SAY WILL OF FIRE...
Mar 6, 2021 4:09 PM

Dec 2007
's been long time since i last watched naruto movies.
there was definitely great action and all,
but the story wasn't that good,
and too much repetitive cliche lines,
maybe i'm too critical but i felt the there were some unexplained plot and too much fast pace to get to the action.
still good movie though.
6/10
Apr 13, 2021 7:48 AM
Nov 2020
The ending tho... bruh
Apr 16, 2021 11:03 AM
May 2019
this movie raised a lot of questions in my mind one of them is why does it have to be kakashi to be the 5th kekkai genkai? when we he was chosen there are a lot of candidates for it, notably the uchiha clan especially the likes of shisui or itachi even or the hyuga clan they didnt also showcased who were the other 4 kekkei genkai users even from what clan they were from would help expand the lore but hey they tried to follow the will of fire theme in this episode and gave the former genins their screentime it was only for a bit though I wished it could've lasted longer -_-
Aug 4, 2021 7:38 PM

Jun 2019
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

seeing everyone fight together was awesome!! Kakashi's smile at the end as well 🥺

Nov 14, 2021 12:07 AM

Feb 2021
This is the best Naruto movie until now. It had actual meaning and was somewhat senseless and believable.

The Will of Fire theme and the ideology of never sacrificing/abandoning your comrades/friends really runs deep here.

I even felt a bit bad for the villain lol.

Now for the bad part. Why tf were Gari (explosion style kekkei genkai user) and Pakura (Scorch style kekkei genkai user) shown here? They had died in the previous great ninja wars long ago! Also why was Hiruko the villain shown using Gale style? Doesn't that belong to Darui? And he sure ain't dead. Okay maybe someone else also has it I guess?

And why did Naruto not get hurt after using such a huge rasen-shuriken? It was forbidden for him to use that since it damaged his arm and can render it useless for chakra manipulation/molding.

Overall pretty good movie. Imma give it a solid 7/10

May 31, 2022 10:09 PM

Nov 2010
If Rasenshuriken is all they needed to beat Hiruko, why did they go through with that sacrifice plan? It would've made more sense and would've been cool if Jiraiya and Tsunade went with Naruto to rescue Kakashi and confront Hiruko. The Sannin were the reason he went bonkers anyway. It would've been a nice fanservice to see some jutsu from Jiraiya and Tsunade as well. That incident between Leaf and Sand was so forced. I think it's main purpose was to tie down the Sannin.

At least the battles looked cool, especially the Gaara and the final one. 6/10
Jul 13, 2022 6:32 AM

Jan 2020
I've apparently watched all the other Shippuuden movies but skipped Will of Fire, Lost Tower, and Blood Prison. So, I'm going to work them in-between some of my other binging, starting with this one.

There's mention of Obito this early? What is this movie? Ohh... I guess they are tying a lot of actual plot into it, using Asuma's death as a jumping off point to push this "Will of Fire" concept. So, that's not bad considering a lot of these movies tend to be pure filler.

Huh, combining Primary Lotus and 8-Trigrams Rotation is interesting. The battles in this are pretty cool to behold. I feel like it's been awhile since I've seen thought out battles with everything I've been watching lately. It's refreshing -- and Gaara vs Naruto too, it's been quite awhile. Cool to see them sparring a bit.

Orochimaru's little brother Hiruko was a bit of an underwhelming villain. The main thing that I was thinking about while watching this was like, why does the Leaf create so many villains? Lmao. The Leaf does sort of seem like the source of the Shinobi World's problems.

Anyway, overall I enjoyed this more than I expected to. Part of it might've been nostalgia too. It's been forever since I've watched anything Naruto-related.

Heh, everyone shipping NarutoxKakashi at the end. It was an okay gag, but realistically they would be a terrible couple. Clearly the only feasible relationship for Naruto is with Sasuke. The way the story is written there just isn't really room for any other side ships.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Oct 16, 2022 11:50 AM
Nov 2017
It was a great Naruto movie!
Jan 9, 2023 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
I watched Naruto Shippūden 1,3,4,6,7.And among them I like 3th,Will of Fire most.They hang out together,fight together,Kakashi is ready sacrificing himself for Konoha,Sai makes funny jokes and so on.I dont know why but I feel like this film has different color or animation?🤔There is something different. I give 9/10
May 14, 2023 12:55 PM

Aug 2019
JP voice for young Kakashi sounded like it was changed in the re-used scenes from the TV series, sounded way more appropriate for him here

Feb 14, 9:37 AM
Aug 2022
"You have far surpassed me Naruto" - Kakashi
All Characters(except Sasuke) in action that's the 1st time I saw in movie.
it was great to watch.
Signing Off at 23:09 Hrs IST.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Speculating "Hi no Ishi wo Tsugu Mono"

Yankowich - Jun 9, 2009

8 by HornyCorny »»
Jul 24, 2011 6:49 PM

» Who will sub this in 1080p

TheRealNeji - Apr 23, 2010

2 by Georesa »»
May 15, 2010 7:34 PM

» When will this be subbed?

RustiX - Feb 18, 2010

17 by aksdldew3 »»
Apr 22, 2010 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.