Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 14, 2022 2:35 AM
Apr 2015
The show peaked in Season 2. It's at its best when Myne is recreating inventions, running her business, and loving books. All stuff that barely were relevant in Season 3.

I know there's tons of anime-detractors on here so I was wondering if you really think the series only gets better from here or if you've been on the Rosemyne ride for so long you can't get off now.
Jun 14, 2022 3:31 AM
Nov 2021
Animorphimagi said:
The show peaked in Season 2. It's at its best when Myne is recreating inventions, running her business, and loving books. All stuff that barely were relevant in Season 3.

I know there's tons of anime-detractors on here so I was wondering if you really think the series only gets better from here or if you've been on the Rosemyne ride for so long you can't get off now.

imo the show is stagnating didnt enjoy the 3rd season as much as the first two and with the new developments (her being adopted) because of that the family dynamic is taken away and that factor made the show enjoyable for me so i think the show had reached its peak already.
Jun 14, 2022 3:51 AM
Dec 2021
I've read till the latest LN and it still makes me excited waiting for new volumes. So i think the excitement won't stop anytime soon.

Mizuna1854Jun 14, 2022 3:55 AM
Jun 14, 2022 5:37 AM
Aug 2019
I honestly think the show has been getting better because of the plot developments. I really appreciate that the writer was willing to go as far as they did with the political elements.
Jun 14, 2022 7:40 AM
Oct 2020
Nah this is better in the long run.

It was nice seeing inventions and family and SoL. But why do we need more seasons of that to rehash the same thing.

We are getting increased world building now, with more magic explanation, and with her being a noble now - nothing is really stopping her from doing what she wants, and going where she wants.

The author from here has free reign to bring the world to life.
Jun 14, 2022 7:51 AM
May 2020
I really like it. I’m glad the show moved on a little so it’s still the same but develops. I think it would stagnate if it was season after season solely focused on inventions.

Also she doesn’t have the means to do a lot and wouldn’t be safe to create a printing press, for example, if the events of season 3 didn’t happen. She can’t just indefinitely invent world changing items without repercussions.

So not only would the story get dull if it repeated itself, it wouldn’t make a lot of sense. This way we get world building and new ideas explored on top of all the old stuff and it actually makes sense within the already established world.

I really enjoy it and I look forward to more. I think all three seasons have been a strong 8/10 and very consistent.
Jun 14, 2022 9:20 AM
Aug 2017
I really like the way this story doesn't get stuck in the rut that other light novel (and their anime adaptations) fall into, where it settles on a stable formula that simply repeats ad nauseam. That being said, light novels tend to get dropped/hiatus'd when they're good or they continue until they become trash; so it (perhaps forever) remains to be seen what lies beyond season 3. At the very least, I was quite happy with this show's journey across these 3 seasons and my only major criticism is still the first 30 seconds of season 1 utterly spoiling where that journey was taking me.
Jun 14, 2022 10:33 AM

Dec 2021
Animorphimagi said:

Majority of the Season 3 is to establish the fact that Myne is in deep trouble and needs someone with higher authority to help her. So it may seems to be dull to some.

if this series receive a 4th season where it will adopt Part 3 of the LN. Things will get much more interesting.
Jun 14, 2022 11:40 AM
Jul 2020
The show certainly slowed down some in season 3 but I think it was rather necessary to slow build to the realization that she isn’t safe and needed to leave her old life behind to progress. And she’s only gained more dads, this girl has so many dads at this point it’s hard to keep track. Just collecting all the father figures.
Jun 15, 2022 11:15 AM

Jun 2019
Season one was by far the best of the series for me. Even so, it was only about a 7/10-tier in my rating estimation (which I consider a good rating nonetheless, just nothing extraordinary or exemplary).

Season two and especially season three definitely dragged it down more to a 6/10-tier series in my mind and in my rating assessment. I definitely preferred the focus in season one on introduction and integration of Myne to her newly found world, the otaku-esque knowledge and passion around books and bookmaking and the physical industry surrounding it. I was less interested when it shifted to the more magic focus and the affairs of the priests and the temple, but season two still had a preferable balance of that to season three and a workable one. I rated season two a 6, but still gave the benefit of the doubt and viewed it more as a 7-tier series based on season 1.

But no, after season three it's confirmed its 6-status for me, and with that it also became a series I may not choose to continue even if it does have future seasons at some point. Juicy premise, but I simply dislike the way the plot and characterization is handled.
Aug 18, 2022 7:16 AM

Oct 2008
I loved s1 more than I can describe. The 2nd season was just as good with an improvement here and there. This 3rd season, to be honesy I expected more, meanibg it's still as good as s2, but without anything being improved or otherwise. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed, because I did belive that this anime could only improve with every season. Regardless I ame immensely looking forward to the 4th season.
Jan 11, 8:36 PM
Dec 2014
I agree with your opinion, didn’t like how this season went much..
Feb 19, 11:18 PM
Jul 2021
I hate how it turned into a magic anime and she has to leave her family. Another wholesome anime ruined
Mar 17, 7:58 PM
Oct 2021
Agree, i love how season 2 really hook me, but the hype are gone in season 3, im not saying the story is bad, but nothing got me excited.

I hope that studio wit can bring season 2 hype
Mar 26, 4:55 AM
Mar 2019
Man i kinda disappointed with this anime, MC have knowledge, huge amount of mana.
And what we got? weak MC tossed around, used as a power source, naive and weak willed
And the noble always winning in this universe, they basically a mini god, only way to defeat them is to bring the higher status noble.
Cih, i hope there is no s4.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2022

193 by dhell26 »»
Mar 29, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2022

91 by Kvistis »»
Feb 29, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 3rd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2022

55 by Kvistis »»
Feb 25, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2022

60 by Kvistis »»
Feb 23, 11:59 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2022

46 by Chamon6364 »»
Feb 18, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.