Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 26, 2022 9:09 PM
Nov 2020
This VN has one of the best OST i have ever heard. However I'm afraid they might change the music composer for Yuki Kajiura like they did with UBW...Do you think she will do a good job?
"I can't trust a website where csm is rated higher than hxh"
- Akira Toriyama

May 26, 2022 9:27 PM

May 2021
If it is so iconic,i am sure they will use it here as well.Like the shiki's theme was used in the anime and in some VN,too
May 26, 2022 9:40 PM
Apr 2020
KP_SENSEI said:
If it is so iconic,i am sure they will use it here as well.Like the shiki's theme was used in the anime and in some VN,too

bro what i literally see you everywhere man in every single thread i swear
May 26, 2022 9:42 PM

May 2021
Swindler04 said:
KP_SENSEI said:

Summer vacations,dawg.your name seems familiar too,ngl
ps:is this a compliment?
May 26, 2022 9:43 PM
Apr 2020
KP_SENSEI said:
Swindler04 said:

i guess you could take it that way yeah haha, its just funny, every thread i read i swear i see you man
May 26, 2022 9:47 PM

May 2021
Swindler04 said:
KP_SENSEI said:

i guess you could take it that way yeah haha, its just funny, every thread i read i swear i see you man

Lol yeah,i am getting this a lot lately,i try to post a reply on every forum in my feed
May 27, 2022 12:09 AM

Jul 2021
akiramado19 said:
This VN has one of the best OST i have ever heard. However I'm afraid they might change the music composer for Yuki Kajiura like they did with UBW...Do you think she will do a good job?

they might keep it or might not, who knows. i think they'll change it though

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
May 27, 2022 4:51 AM
Feb 2021
akiramado19 said:

I think they’ll change it
May 28, 2022 12:00 PM

Jan 2019
I'm pretty sure it will consist of arrangements of the VN's OST mainly, a few new tracks, and also some tracks of the VN that won't make it to the movie(s). My reasons for that are:

1. The teaser already had a new arrangement of the main theme, so Fukasawa's return is basically confirmed, though it would be smart to wait for the staff reveal.

2. Unlike Fate/stay night's VN's OST, Mahoyo's OST is already composed pretty much like an anime, both in style and structure. Most of F/sn's OST sounded too much like a fighting game to be used with the new atmosphere of UBW and HF. This is not the case with Mahoyo (and TsukiRe), so they should work quite well already. Doing arrangements to fit the length of each scene should be enough. Also Mahoyo's OST is far more iconic and integrated into the story than F/sn's.

3. Rin's leitmotiv in UBW has a similar melody to tracks from Mahoyo like "Five" and "Aozaki Aoko", and her tracks usually have a very similar vibe. This was probably done to "connect" both works through the OST as both characters are young mage girls. Also same composer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEItHToR2sw&list=OLAK5uy_k5ySelCEYuynpqNQigqTaBl3nxhEJ-xas&index=9&ab_channel=HideyukiFukasawa-Topic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e3st6YVo-8&list=OLAK5uy_k5ySelCEYuynpqNQigqTaBl3nxhEJ-xas&index=52&ab_channel=HideyukiFukasawa-Topic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxrwuSq3XaA&list=OLAK5uy_k5ySelCEYuynpqNQigqTaBl3nxhEJ-xas&index=54&ab_channel=HideyukiFukasawa-Topic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cg-ybti0ho&list=OLAK5uy_k5ySelCEYuynpqNQigqTaBl3nxhEJ-xas&index=61&ab_channel=HideyukiFukasawa-Topic
This one doesn't have Rin's leitmotiv, but it sounds super similar to Mahoyo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3BA8VTstIw&ab_channel=HideyukiFukasawa-Topic

4. Hideyuki Fukasawa has already worked with Ufotable 2 times in the past, which increases the chances of him being hired, as Ufotable works most of the time with people they already know. F/sn's VN had 3 composers at least, and hiring them all is very difficult, and while they also did some tracks in Mahoyo, Fukasawa is the main composer this time, and he's also an amazing arranger, so he can easily rearrange those tracks like he did in UBW, if they are needed.

If I end up being wrong it would be very surprinsing to me, because I'm quite confident on this, but anyway the focus should be if the OST is going to be good rather than if the OST is going to be the same. Some things that work in the VN might not work in the movie(s), so changes are necessary sometimes. There's still like 2 years until the BD for this releases, so it's better to not stress about it.
Karnox001May 31, 2022 1:24 PM
May 30, 2022 7:55 AM
May 2022
akiramado19 said:

miss yuki kajiura is a way better than that you imagen, for me, i want to she handle this movie, like knk, but the good ost from vn, must be use in movie
Jul 3, 2022 3:59 PM

Feb 2021
I hope so. Let's pray for the best!
Jul 5, 2022 11:38 PM
Aug 3, 2022 3:33 AM
Jun 2021
I hope so, the music in the visual novel is sooo good
Jan 1, 2023 10:34 AM

Jan 2021
I really hope its not kajiura again, i dont wanna hear her generic Opera songs again, the entirety of HF ost is just the same song over and over again
Read the visual novel nerd
Jan 3, 2023 1:05 PM

Jan 2019
salad_farded said:
I really hope its not kajiura again, i dont wanna hear her generic Opera songs again, the entirety of HF ost is just the same song over and over again
They're called leitmotivs and arrangements, many composers work that way, but I guess it's easier to say it's just the same song. Plus it's not going to be Kajiura when the teaser already played a new arrangement of Mahoyo's main theme by Fukasawa.
Jan 7, 2023 6:08 AM

May 2022
salad_farded said:

Why the hate for kajiura tho? The arrangements of Heaven's Feel were pretty epic. I know the Ufotable HF adaptation left out a lot of content but the soundtrack was at least a 9/10.
Jan 9, 2023 7:42 PM

Jan 2021
Karnox001 said:
salad_farded said:
They're called leitmotivs and arrangements, many composers work that way, but I guess it's easier to say it's just the same song. Plus it's not going to be Kajiura when the teaser already played a new arrangement of Mahoyo's main theme by Fukasawa.
One of the Teasers for Heavens feel 3 used Light and Darkness, and yet it was never used in the movie
plus we dont know for sure if it was a fukasawa arrangement of that Mahoyo theme or not
Read the visual novel nerd
Jan 10, 2023 6:57 AM

Jan 2019
salad_farded said:
Karnox001 said:
One of the Teasers for Heavens feel 3 used Light and Darkness, and yet it was never used in the movie
plus we dont know for sure if it was a fukasawa arrangement of that Mahoyo theme or not
Yes, and they also used Emiya Unite in another one, but the those were very late ones, not the very first, and they mostly featured KVs. When a PV features a track that's not original, then it's most likely just for trailer, like "Diver-Diver 2" at the beggining of 2014's HF's trailer, or like both tracks in this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWK4t0_iVNo&ab_channel=ufotable.
If it's a new arrangement or an original track, then it's very different, because there's no point in creating something new that won't be used and that doesn't even represent the final product correctly. Sometimes a trailer gets its own track just for the trailer, but it represents how the OST actually is, like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hySJs7MRe20&list=OLAK5uy_k5ySelCEYuynpqNQigqTaBl3nxhEJ-xas&index=47&ab_channel=HideyukiFukasawa-Topic

And about the arrangement I can't say that it's Fukasawa 100% because there's no evidence of that being true, but there's not much point in having Kajiura or a different composer do it if the intention is for the OST to be made from arrangements of the VN's OST. But again, based on what I hear I would bet a lot that it is indeed Fukasawa. If I'm wrong I will come here and apologize, I give you my word on that.
Karnox001Apr 5, 2023 3:06 PM
Feb 21, 2023 7:40 PM
May 2020
I could see Yuki Kajiura doing some of the more atmospheric tracks but likely they will get Hideyuki to make remixes of the tracks he wrote. Yuki Kajiura is a very talented atmospheric writer and could do Mahotsukai but personally I think that she will be brought on for a Tsukihime anime instead because most of its tracks are geared towards VN rather than an Anime. 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Still Hyped!

trinitroglycerin - Mar 19

25 by trinitroglycerin »»
Apr 26, 2:58 AM

» VOICE ACTOR!

StevieRara - Feb 3

6 by Zero01guard »»
Feb 15, 12:37 AM

» WHERE IS IT ( 1 2 )

IcyAvalanche - Nov 26, 2023

56 by Naveen6662246 »»
Jan 28, 5:24 AM

» (Finally) new trailer ( 1 2 )

Dbagas8 - Dec 31, 2023

86 by Blueckot »»
Jan 11, 9:19 PM

Poll: » On a spectrum from Fate to Kara no Kyoukai, where would this lie?

removed-user - Jan 1

12 by trinitroglycerin »»
Jan 11, 6:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.