Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 24, 2022 12:48 PM

Jul 2019
Which Visual Novel should i play first? The Muv-Luv one on Steam?
May 24, 2022 6:35 PM
Jan 2018
First play
Muv-Luv
This contains both Muv-Luv Extra and Unlimited. Play both and as they are required. I recommend completing all routes of Extra as they're all relevant in Alternative.
Then
Muv-Luv Alternative
This only has one route and anything else Muv-Luv related comes after this.
May 24, 2022 10:05 PM

Jul 2019
Animaniaig said:
First play
Muv-Luv
This contains both Muv-Luv Extra and Unlimited. Play both and as they are required. I recommend completing all routes of Extra as they're all relevant in Alternative.
Then
Muv-Luv Alternative

Thanks! (Character Limit)
May 25, 2022 6:41 AM
Oct 2020
Grontan said:
Animaniaig said:
First play
Muv-Luv
Then
Muv-Luv Alternative

or just play meiya's and sumika's. Kei's and miki's has some impact on alternative but not much. Class rep's can safely be skipped. But if you want to play them all, go for it.
May 28, 2022 10:23 PM
Feb 2015
dailybread said:
Grontan said:

or just play meiya's and sumika's. Kei's and miki's has some impact on alternative but not much. Class rep's can safely be skipped. But if you want to play them all, go for it.

Well if you consider how Extra Sakaki has issue with her mum due to her father leaving them while Unl/Alt Sakaki has issue with her dad due to her mum dying early. It's most likely done for resolving Sakaki's family issue in Final Extra. Come to think of it, it's the same for Ayamine too. Kei's mum is the one who helped Sagiri in Extra. Kei's dad is the one who's closer to Sagiri in Alt.
Jul 7, 2022 8:02 AM

Jul 2014
OP may be dead but a rule of thumb is to never buy vns from steam.
Jul 28, 2022 10:42 AM

Jul 2021
OppaiSugoi said:

why's that? (char limit)
-- art-house/psychological/stylish/philosophical anime enjoyer with yuri bias and the attention span of a smol-antlered creature --
Jul 28, 2022 3:22 PM

Jul 2019
OppaiSugoi said:

Too late but still why?
Jul 30, 2022 8:23 PM

Jul 2014
3looming said:
OppaiSugoi said:

why's that? (char limit)

Grontan said:
OppaiSugoi said:

Too late but still why?

Steam versions are not 18+ and most likely some vn's on that platform have to alter parts of the story to accommodate the non 18+ parts.
Jul 31, 2022 5:33 AM

Jul 2019
OppaiSugoi said:
3looming said:

why's that? (char limit)

Grontan said:

Too late but still why?

Steam versions are not 18+ and most likely some vn's on that platform have to alter parts of the story to accommodate the non 18+ parts.

Oh you mean that. I realized there are cut scenes and i downloaded director's cut patches on them so it's fine
Aug 2, 2022 6:14 AM
Jun 2014
OppaiSugoi said:
3looming said:

why's that? (char limit)

Grontan said:

Too late but still why?

Muvluv and alternative are not "18+" on steam but there was not much sexual content already and they are only edited to alter those parts. The all ages version for Alternative in particular is genuinely a huge improvement over the version I originally played back in the day. The translation is also significantly improved in most ways over the older fan TL, although I preferred a couple of terms the fan TL used over what they went with in the end it's more stylistic than transformative.
Aug 8, 2022 4:28 AM
Feb 2015
L5132 said:
OppaiSugoi said:

Muvluv and alternative are not "18+" on steam but there was not much sexual content already and they are only edited to alter those parts. The all ages version for Alternative in particular is genuinely a huge improvement over the version I originally played back in the day. The translation is also significantly improved in most ways over the older fan TL, although I preferred a couple of terms the fan TL used over what they went with in the end it's more stylistic than transformative.

I'm guessing you're talking about noble confidant. XD
Aug 8, 2022 5:46 AM
Jun 2014
ixarising said:
L5132 said:

No, I actually preferred Eishi- although I understand why they wanted to unify the terminology as surface pilots for Total Eclipse, SM, and TDA, it just had some meaning to it that I found added to the flavor of some conversations. I still know the meaning is there, so it's not a huge deal to me, but it does make me wonder what other subtleties are translated out- I'm not exactly fluent in Japanese yet.
Aug 8, 2022 6:07 AM
Feb 2015
L5132 said:
ixarising said:

No, I actually preferred Eishi- although I understand why they wanted to unify the terminology as surface pilots for Total Eclipse, SM, and TDA, it just had some meaning to it that I found added to the flavor of some conversations. I still know the meaning is there, so it's not a huge deal to me, but it does make me wonder what other subtleties are translated out- I'm not exactly fluent in Japanese yet.

Ah Eishi, i miss the direct translation for that too. The localization isn't really a direct translation, they're making it to be easier to understand for international fans apparently. Many original wordings/meanings got changed as a result.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2021

82 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 4:31 AM

» Why fans are OVERREACTING.?

Sandro8604 - Oct 14, 2021

46 by koneroko »»
Dec 27, 2022 4:09 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2021

45 by MoeMoeKyun »»
Nov 16, 2022 7:04 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

44 by MoeMoeKyun »»
Nov 16, 2022 6:44 PM

» There is no Muv Luv Alternative anime ( 1 2 )

OppaiSugoi - Oct 13, 2021

63 by ixarising »»
Oct 8, 2022 11:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.