Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 11, 2022 11:25 PM
Nov 2021
I finished watching this and I didn't expect it to be this good lol. I have told to not watch it and read and just wait for blue lock instead because that's way better in art and story but since I didn't like blue lock, I became interested in haikyuu because it's so popular and I think is it really bad? And it's not. I like that it doesn't have superpowers and horrible dialogues that doesn't make sense and haikyuu eventually have a plot unlike blue lock... Anyway, im planning on watching ova's and movies now so can you say what's the proper order? Can you send me the official
haikyuu account please.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 11, 2022 11:40 PM
Oct 2020
xdoubtx said:
I finished watching this and I didn't expect it to be this good lol. I have told to not watch it and read and just wait for blue lock instead because that's way better in art and story but since I didn't like blue lock, I became interested in haikyuu because it's so popular and I think is it really bad? And it's not. I like that it doesn't have superpowers and horrible dialogues that doesn't make sense and haikyuu eventually have a plot unlike blue lock... Anyway, im planning on watching ova's and movies now so can you say what's the proper order? Can you send me the official
haikyuu account please.

Haikyuu is one of my favorite anime🖤
May 11, 2022 11:41 PM
Jul 2021
I love Haikyuu but I haven't read blue lock is it that bad
May 12, 2022 12:06 AM

Aug 2020
I've watched and read both and I agree, this is miles better than Blue Lock.
Shay1590 said:

Depends. It's very unrealistic for a sports series which is a downside for me and it's basically just a mix of sports and high stakes game/battle royale, without the charms of both genres. The characters are also too edgy for my taste.
You'll most likely not like it especially if you're a fan of soccer/football because it pretty much goes against anything that the sports is supposed to be.
TyraqMay 12, 2022 12:11 AM
May 12, 2022 12:11 AM
Mar 2021
Faisal_Mahmud27 said:
xdoubtx said:
haikyuu account please.

I’m a big huge fan of haikyu so much and I think this is actual correct order that your suppose to watch..

1. Haikyuu!!
2. Hiakyuu!!: Arrival of Lev (OVA)
3. Haikyuu!! Season 2
4. Haikyuu!!: Falling Grades (OVA)
5. Haikyuu!!: Season 3
6. Haikyuu!! Betting on the Spring High Volleyball (OVA)
7. Haikyuu!! To the top (Season 4 Part 1)
8. Haikyuu!! Sky vs. Land (OVA)
9. Haikyuu!! The Path of the Ball (OVA)
10. Haikyuu!! To the top (Season 4 Part 2)

And for the movie:
1. Haikyuu!! Movie 1: Owari to Hajimari
2. Haikyuu!! Movie 2: Shousha to Haisha
3. Haikyuu!! Movie 3: Sainou to Sense
4. Haikyuu!! Movie 4: Concept no Tatakai
May 12, 2022 12:14 AM
Oct 2020
Shay1590 said:
But I liked the heavy psychological aspects of Blue Lock.
As far as I have read , it was pretty enjoyable.
May 12, 2022 12:21 AM
Mar 2021
Spoiler warning though (time skip) if you want you can go follow them on twitter @haikyu_com @haikyu_spmatch
Luna__EclipsMay 12, 2022 12:24 AM
May 12, 2022 12:28 AM
Dec 2020
None of the characters have superpowers lmao that’s kurokos basketball if anything nothing that happens in the entire story is impossible it’s just implausible to happen at that frequency but it’s manga haikyuu is unrealistic too then if you really want to get into it. Edgy dialogue is whatever I found it amusing but could see the distaste. But the characters and plot are both rather well and it captures the essence of flow better than any sports manga coming from someone who played soccer
May 12, 2022 12:48 AM
Jul 2021
Tyraq said:
I've watched and read both and I agree, this is miles better than Blue Lock.
Shay1590 said:

Depends. It's very unrealistic for a sports series which is a downside for me and it's basically just a mix of sports and high stakes game/battle royale, without the charms of both genres. The characters are also too edgy for my taste.
You'll most likely not like it especially if you're a fan of soccer/football because it pretty much goes against anything that the sports is supposed to be.

I just now read the first volume yeah your right it is really toxic for a sports manga that for sure and wtf is even the next level of soccer
May 12, 2022 12:49 AM
Jul 2021
Faisal_Mahmud27 said:
Shay1590 said:
But I liked the heavy psychological aspects of Blue Lock.
As far as I have read , it was pretty enjoyable.

I just now read the first volume and oh boy
May 12, 2022 1:00 AM
Jul 2021
Slam Dunk clears both.
May 12, 2022 1:07 AM

May 2021
One outs supremacy(its not a shounen tho)
May 12, 2022 2:37 AM
Nov 2021
Haikyuu is so good! Im glad you enjoyed it. It's sad how much blue lock fans trash Haikyuu and make other people hate it just because they think their series is better 🤧
May 12, 2022 2:40 AM
Nov 2021
Weeaboo_Otaku215 said:
Faisal_Mahmud27 said:

I’m a big huge fan of haikyu so much and I think this is actual correct order that your suppose to watch..

1. Haikyuu!!
2. Hiakyuu!!: Arrival of Lev (OVA)
3. Haikyuu!! Season 2
4. Haikyuu!!: Falling Grades (OVA)
5. Haikyuu!!: Season 3
6. Haikyuu!! Betting on the Spring High Volleyball (OVA)
7. Haikyuu!! To the top (Season 4 Part 1)
8. Haikyuu!! Sky vs. Land (OVA)
9. Haikyuu!! The Path of the Ball (OVA)
10. Haikyuu!! To the top (Season 4 Part 2)

And for the movie:
1. Haikyuu!! Movie 1: Owari to Hajimari
2. Haikyuu!! Movie 2: Shousha to Haisha
3. Haikyuu!! Movie 3: Sainou to Sense
4. Haikyuu!! Movie 4: Concept no Tatakai

That's a lot. Thanks. Gonna binge it all before season 5.
May 12, 2022 2:41 AM
Nov 2021
KP_SENSEI said:

I already watched One outs it's good too.
May 12, 2022 2:45 AM

May 2021
xdoubtx said:
KP_SENSEI said:

I already watched One outs it's good too.

Damn,our affinity is 92% u must be having a great taste then
May 12, 2022 5:14 AM
Feb 2022
JJnie said:
Haikyuu is so good! Im glad you enjoyed it. It's sad how much blue lock fans trash Haikyuu and make other people hate it just because they think their series is better 🤧

wait, "blue lock fans trash Haikyuu" ?
May 12, 2022 6:37 AM
Jan 2021
Ong not even close
May 12, 2022 6:39 AM

Jul 2019
Blue Lock is just a hype machine with edgy to it. Nothing inspirational or long lasting theme or impression for people.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
May 12, 2022 6:55 AM

Oct 2020
That's obvious, Blue Lock is average at best. IMO it's only good to non football fans because it's depiction is awful, not to mention it being edgy as fuck for a sports manga
DinoPapiroMay 12, 2022 10:02 AM
May 12, 2022 8:34 AM
Jan 2021
Glad to see you’re enjoying it! <3
May 12, 2022 10:00 AM
Dec 2020
DinoPapiro said:
That's obvious, Blue Lock is average at best. IMO it's only good to non football fans because it's depiction of it is awful, not to mention it being edgy as fuck for a sports manga

How is it’s depiction awful when the whole concept of the manga is flipping the sport upside down why would it be traditional soccer that contradicts everything and even in the new arc you can see how the pro teams have traditional styles, Lavinho, Noel etc they are literally modeled after real teams
May 12, 2022 10:04 AM
Dec 2020
LordSozin said:
Blue Lock is just a hype machine with edgy to it. Nothing inspirational or long lasting theme or impression for people.

Blue lock has a more consistent overall theme than haikyuu, haikyuu might have better individual themes but as a whole blue lock depicts ego and flow better than any overarching them in haikyuu
May 12, 2022 10:22 AM

Oct 2020
Malik637 said:
DinoPapiro said:
That's obvious, Blue Lock is average at best. IMO it's only good to non football fans because it's depiction of it is awful, not to mention it being edgy as fuck for a sports manga

How is it’s depiction awful when the whole concept of the manga is flipping the sport upside down why would it be traditional soccer that contradicts everything and even in the new arc you can see how the pro teams have traditional styles, Lavinho, Noel etc they are literally modeled after real teams
I dont think you understand my take, the way it depicts fotball is awful, anyone who ever watched, played or loves football in general knows what im talking about. It failes when it comes to the more basic concepts in the sport.

I saw you have it in your favs but please dont be blind by your bias and try to understand my take, ive played football my whole live, i know a thing or two about it and know how unrealistic it is, thats why i prefer haikyuu and slan dunk when it comes to the sport aspect of the manga
May 12, 2022 10:24 AM
Apr 2022
LordSozin said:

Me when I’m wrong
May 12, 2022 10:31 AM
Dec 2020
DinoPapiro said:
Malik637 said:

I dont think you understand my take, the way it depicts fotball is awful, anyone who ever watched, played or loves football in general knows what im talking about. It failes when it comes to the more basic concepts in the sport.

I saw you have it in your favs but please dont be blind by your bias and try to understand my take, ive played football my whole live, i know a thing or two about it and know how unrealistic it is, thats why i prefer haikyuu and slan dunk when it comes to the sport aspect of the manga

I was a 3 star in soccer until I quit for football I know the sport and have played at the highest level which is why I think it’s an excellent depiction of flow and ego. What exactly is unrealistic about the manga it’s a juxtaposition of the sport done beautifully. Literally Jinpachi calls it the new era of soccer so why would it be the exact same as traditional soccer the logic just doesn’t make sense you’re expecting it to be something it’s not it’s not a classical take on soccer that’s the whole point.
May 12, 2022 11:17 AM
Feb 2022
Never heard of Blue Lock but I already know it's not better than this absolute gem lol.
May 12, 2022 12:27 PM

Oct 2020
Malik637 said:
DinoPapiro said:

I was a 3 star in soccer until I quit for football I know the sport and have played at the highest level which is why I think it’s an excellent depiction of flow and ego. What exactly is unrealistic about the manga it’s a juxtaposition of the sport done beautifully. Literally Jinpachi calls it the new era of soccer so why would it be the exact same as traditional soccer the logic just doesn’t make sense you’re expecting it to be something it’s not it’s not a classical take on soccer that’s the whole point.
What does 3 star mean? Is it an american rating system? I play at a semi pro level, how many stars is that? Im actually curious

My take is simple, its average as a football manga, it can excel in other aspects like themes, characters etc... I understand its premise and everything but it goes absolute bullshit mode from the moment 11 strikers are playing on the same team because the world only cares about strikers and we have to create the perfect one. Spain won a world cup without a single striker for example
May 12, 2022 12:34 PM
Dec 2020
DinoPapiro said:
Malik637 said:

What does 3 star mean? Is it an american rating system? I play at a semi pro level, how many stars is that? Im actually curious

My take is simple, its average as a football manga, it can excel in other aspects like themes, characters etc... I understand its premise and everything but it goes absolute bullshit mode from the moment 11 strikers are playing on the same team because the world only cares about strikers and we have to create the perfect one. Spain won a world cup without a single striker for example

It’s out of 5 stars it’s for youth rankings once you hit college they are rather irrelevant, where do you play? But ah yeah from a strictly soccer perspective it’s pretty average I’m just reading it as a manga before a soccer guide. I think it does hyper-focus on one aspect of the game but I rly like that aspect so it works well for me.
May 12, 2022 1:22 PM

Jul 2019
luigisbigto3 said:
LordSozin said:

Me when I’m wrong

Except I'm not. I simply am not.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
May 12, 2022 1:51 PM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
Thread locked for being a random X vs Y thread.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion; e.g. random "xx vs. yy", picture collecting, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2014

326 by SengokuSeju »»
Yesterday, 1:46 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2014

143 by Sarsmita »»
May 23, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

304 by Tamer2002 »»
May 21, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

125 by ANIk_003 »»
May 16, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2014

140 by ANIk_003 »»
May 16, 12:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.