Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 25, 2022 7:17 AM
Apr 2020
Hello, so I kinda noticed the quirks fit the characters a lot. For example: Bakugo is always energetic and angry which could be why he has explosion, or Momo who is really smart so she has a quirk where she needs to know everything how to make the thing she wants to make with her quirk. Todoroki is mostly calm and hates his dad with is why he has a ice fire quirk.
What do you guys think?
Apr 25, 2022 7:32 AM

Apr 2019
It's true that Mineta, who thinks only of breasts, ends up having a power to cast forms resembling them

Jokes aside, I guess you are right for some characters but there are powers that can't be explained like for Aizawa, Aoyama (this guy is weird) and those who are transformed into animals like Nezu the mouse etc..

たのむ

Apr 25, 2022 7:43 AM
Jul 2021
KaguyaTari said:
Hello, so I kinda noticed the quirks fit the characters a lot. For example: Bakugo is always energetic and angry which could be why he has explosion, or Momo who is really smart so she has a quirk where she needs to know everything how to make the thing she wants to make with her quirk. Todoroki is mostly calm and hates his dad with is why he has a ice fire quirk.
What do you guys think?

i think this kinda more suggests that characters have personalities because of their quirks not the opposite, because they don't aquire the quirks because of their personality, they get it from their parents, so like in terms of todoroki, sure the analogy u gave fits him great but i think he's like that cus of his quirk and not that the quirk is given to him cus he's like that
Apr 25, 2022 8:29 AM

Apr 2016
MugenDarou said:
KaguyaTari said:
What do you guys think?

i think this kinda more suggests that characters have personalities because of their quirks not the opposite, because they don't aquire the quirks because of their personality, they get it from their parents, so like in terms of todoroki, sure the analogy u gave fits him great but i think he's like that cus of his quirk and not that the quirk is given to him cus he's like that

Well, we have some characters whose personality changes because their quirk consequences and some who had their quirk changing their own nature.
Apr 25, 2022 8:49 AM
Jul 2020
i think at some point it was told in S5 how toga's character was influenced by her quirk. Also how Bakugo became much arrogant after getting his quirk while tetsutetsu and kirishima having similar quirk have same nature. so it's the other way around
Toxic fans:- using the anime list of the user to criticize his opinions on a different anime.

If you cannot tolerate others taste delete your mal account☮️.
Apr 25, 2022 9:19 AM

May 2021
i guess it's the opposite. Quirk is what makes up the personality from the very childhood.
Apr 25, 2022 10:10 AM
Jul 2020
SungJin-W00 said:
It's true that Mineta, who thinks only of breasts, ends up having a power to cast forms resembling them

Jokes aside, I guess you are right for some characters but there are powers that can't be explained like for Aizawa, Aoyama (this guy is weird) and those who are transformed into animals like Nezu the mouse etc..

Nezu wasn’t transformed into an animal. He actually is an animal with a quirk that makes him intelligent.
Apr 25, 2022 10:27 AM

Apr 2019
Austin_Beale said:
SungJin-W00 said:

Nezu wasn’t transformed into an animal. He actually is an animal with a quirk that makes him intelligent.

Oh okay, I must have missed this information or forgotten it
Thanks you
たのむ

Apr 25, 2022 10:37 AM
Feb 2022
I must be like that because you can't make kalm Bakugo or energetic Momo...you can't...
Apr 25, 2022 11:15 AM
Mar 2022
I think it’s the other way around, meaning that quirks affect their personalities just like an instinct because they are part of their bodies just like an organ. For example, Toga wants to be like the people she loves because her quirk allows her to do it, which results in her love for blood.
Apr 25, 2022 11:19 AM

Dec 2018
It's not quite that simple, quirks are a genetic mutation rather than a fancy power (although in reality they're both). Everyone's quirk is part of who they are, and are in a way part of their personality. So really it's more that the quirk and personality are part of a whole rather than one having an impact on the other.
Stuff in the streets, Stuff with drip in the sheets
Apr 25, 2022 11:57 AM

Feb 2021
Or….do the characters build their personality around the quirk they possess
Apr 25, 2022 3:44 PM

Mar 2011
It's almost like the author planned it this way.
Apr 26, 2022 12:47 AM
Apr 2020
what I kinda meant is that the author makes a quirk and makes a quirk for them, apoligies if this topic wasnt interesting enough
May 11, 2022 8:49 PM

Jul 2021
Yea, I am pretty sure they established that quirks are linked to personality.

More topics from this board

» what's up with the rating?

Tormented - Jun 9

11 by Phloup »»
Jun 9, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

441 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 7, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

336 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 6, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

279 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 5, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

298 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 4, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.