Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
86--EIGHTY-SIX (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 9, 2022 12:40 PM
Jan 2021
I find her pretty annoying but not the worst I guess. I know a lot of people who love her. What do you guys think?
Apr 9, 2022 12:45 PM

Sep 2020
I found her really annoying to the point I lowered my rating just because of her. I think it’s her voice and personality that is really annoying. I did find her less annoying in the 2 final episodes but perhaps it was because of the time between episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2022 12:48 PM

Mar 2021
She is a pretty annoying moe blob that isn't necessary in the show.
Apr 9, 2022 12:49 PM
Apr 2021
I don’t really care about her character tbh, she’s a nuisance to the story
Apr 9, 2022 12:53 PM
Jun 2021
I know many people find her annoying, but she is quite essential to the story. And if the anime gets another season, you’ll see. Or just read the LN.

Also don’t get the ‘annoying voice’. She’s 10. You expecting some deep ass voice to match that face? She’s a kid who’s gone through shit a kid shouldn’t. She’s mature for her age because of that, but she’s still a kid nonetheless and so will act like it.
Apr 9, 2022 12:54 PM
Feb 2022
avy8aby said:
I find her pretty annoying but not the worst I guess. I know a lot of people who love her. What do you guys think?

I thought about dropping 86 just bc of her, that’s how annoying I find her
Apr 9, 2022 12:55 PM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
She's at the lower end of the characters

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Apr 9, 2022 12:57 PM

Nov 2021
Every time she calls "Shinei", i skip 10 seconds.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Apr 9, 2022 12:57 PM
Mar 2021
yeah bro, it's normal to find a fictional child annoying
Apr 9, 2022 12:59 PM

Apr 2020
At first she was annoying, but she differently is necessary for the LN.
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Apr 9, 2022 1:07 PM
Aug 2019
why do you ask this here and not in part 2? Some people dont even know who frederica is yet.
Apr 9, 2022 1:14 PM
Feb 2021
she's fine. she has more character depth than anybody not named Shin or Lena.
Apr 9, 2022 1:24 PM
Apr 2020
Tunnel_Rat said:
I know many people find her annoying, but she is quite essential to the story. And if the anime gets another season, you’ll see. Or just read the LN.

Also don’t get the ‘annoying voice’. She’s 10. You expecting some deep ass voice to match that face? She’s a kid who’s gone through shit a kid shouldn’t. She’s mature for her age because of that, but she’s still a kid nonetheless and so will act like it.

Yeah exactly
Not only she's responsible for the amazing character development of Shinei but also adds some joy and funny moments that were lacked in part 1
Apr 9, 2022 1:31 PM
Oct 2020
Very good and well written character. She has nice cute/comedic moments that are a good break from all of the seriousness and sadness of the show.

At the same time, she is a deeply scarred kid who’s seen way too much tragedy and death for someone her age and you can really see it when she breaks and it becomes too much.

I also like that she serves as a parallel for how Shin was when he was her age. He says that she reminds him of how he used to be, as a kid before the war.

I also like that it’s not just her circumstances, but also her special ability which has given her a lot of insight into the darkness of the world she’s in. This combined with her tragic upbringing make her more nuanced as a character, because on one hand she still has a childlike innocence, but on the other, she knows the truth about the world and everyone around her, including all of their dark secrets and histories. This has the effect of making her much more mature and aware for her age.

She is a very well written character imo.
Apr 9, 2022 1:43 PM
Mar 2021
I find her good. It confuses me that so many people hate her and call her a forced Loli, she’s just a child and acts like a child, so I guess they just hate children.
Apr 9, 2022 1:46 PM
Nov 2021
the goat kyskydjtzitz
Apr 9, 2022 1:51 PM

Jul 2015
10 year old on front lines is the most anime thing you can imagine.

Apr 9, 2022 1:52 PM
May 2021
I love her .
I don’t know why you hate her guys .
Apr 9, 2022 2:35 PM
Apr 2022
I don't know why, they hate her but I like the character although sometimes she is condescending
Apr 9, 2022 2:54 PM
Jun 2021
avy8aby said:

Confusing as to why you’d post this thread on part 1 as well? As she’s not even introduced apart from a mention.

Essentially spoiling those who haven’t watched it yet, but go off with your opinion anyways.
Apr 9, 2022 3:28 PM
Apr 2021
annoying a little bit but nothing that I care about enough to not watch
Apr 9, 2022 4:33 PM

Sep 2021
she gets way more important of a role in the lns. vol 1-3 is only the prologue the major story elements get introduced after this
hgwnejmp.ädqwsd
Apr 9, 2022 4:34 PM

Sep 2021
she gets way more important of a role in the lns. vol 1-3 is only the prologue the major story elements get introduced after this
hgwnejmp.ädqwsd
Apr 9, 2022 5:06 PM
Jan 2019
Damn annoying damn.

FR I got no beef with the random ,loud, stubborn, cheeky lil girl who urgently demands( & disrespects higher ups orders)
to be everywhere like it's her sworn duty to fight but results in a random mess.

Again no hate. But this characters has little substance. Or is that just me?

Whatever. Her character is excessive. Feels like her drama takes over the series which then has me feeling like what a waste dude.

Season 2 was a let down
I really like this anime but it seems lame.

Sorry guys. Nobody asked for long ass paragraphs 🤦🏽‍♀️
Apr 9, 2022 5:38 PM
Jul 2018
She felt like a ham-fisted attempt to lighten the plot’s dreary tone and provide a sounding board for Shin to monologue his troubles off of. There was also seemingly no reason for her to be a child except to provide lolicon appeal. Her inclusion was the single most detractive aspect of the second season to me: it felt painfully tone-deaf and routinely kneecapped my suspension of disbelief. The first season, while nauseatingly juvenile in the depiction and exploration of its themes, at least took itself somewhat seriously.
removed-userApr 9, 2022 5:46 PM
Apr 9, 2022 6:47 PM
Jan 2021
For people who say she is annoying. She is most probably the most important character out there. Even more than Shin or Lena. You'll see if you read the LN.
Apr 9, 2022 8:18 PM
Jan 2021
She's a fantastic side character who is an important part of the story, more specifically for Shin's sake. She's also the only one so far in the anime that actually puts a smile on everyone's face every time she's in the same room as them. How anyone can call her annoying and useless to the story is beyond me.

Frederica is awesome.
Apr 9, 2022 8:45 PM

Apr 2021
avy8aby said:

I really want her as my imouto❤️🤗 kawaiiii..... apart from that, a good written character, all of the characters are well written in the show actually
Apr 9, 2022 9:25 PM
Oct 2014
Miserabilist said:
She felt like a ham-fisted attempt to lighten the plot’s dreary tone and provide a sounding board for Shin to monologue his troubles off of. There was also seemingly no reason for her to be a child except to provide lolicon appeal. Her inclusion was the single most detractive aspect of the second season to me: it felt painfully tone-deaf and routinely kneecapped my suspension of disbelief. The first season, while nauseatingly juvenile in the depiction and exploration of its themes, at least took itself somewhat seriously.

Agreed, though second season/volume definitely needed some sort of social lubricant to get as light as it did as quickly as it did without feeling too jarring. If you subtract her from the story I feel it makes their transition into civilian life feel as jarring as it would actually be, and considering the target audience I think they wanted to avoid those messy feelings and instead focus on showcasing the individual quirks of each character in a normal civilian setting. I think it would make for an interesting commentary on the struggles of finding meaning after military service, but I think they wanted to avoid bringing that up as it is better as an over-arching theme than an arc's theme. I think if you look at her as more of a mirror for the inherent childish nature of the main characters and how out of place it is in war, she functions well as a reminder if the show doesnt slap you across the face with that fact enough.
Apr 9, 2022 11:31 PM

Aug 2020
Really didn't care for her, added pretty much nothing
Call me Ren
Apr 10, 2022 2:05 AM
Jul 2018
Absolutely Adorable
Apr 10, 2022 3:00 AM
Jul 2018
Wow I'm in the minority here. I don't mind her, and a few scenes with her made me laugh, such as her being yeeted.
Apr 10, 2022 5:32 AM
Dec 2020
Yuri_Niji said:
I found her really annoying to the point I lowered my rating just because of her. I think it’s her voice and personality that is really annoying. I did find her less annoying in the 2 final episodes but perhaps it was because of the time between episodes.

I'm surprised someone with a hachikuji pfp is calling Fredericka annoying hahaha
Apr 10, 2022 5:57 AM

Sep 2020
Kingcatzak said:
Yuri_Niji said:

I'm surprised someone with a hachikuji pfp is calling Fredericka annoying hahaha
Hachikuji is not annoying though. She actually has a character. Frederica is way too obsessed with Shin for not reason except that her remind him of a former friend. Then she just decided to go into the battlefield for no reason even though she will help no one and will only be in the way. Basically she is a crybaby. Hachikuji is not obsessed with the main character and actually has a nice friendship. Her and Araragi’s friendship reminds me of two male friends saying gay stuff to each other like you do with the lads. I don’t think many people who have seen the whole Monogatari series thinks Hachikuji is annoying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2022 8:07 AM
Aug 2021
unnecessary character.
Apr 11, 2022 8:38 AM

Dec 2020
same opinion as op. annoying at times but not the Worst. and she has her moments

i actually like her voice her but i definitely would've liked her more if she was older. i just cant take a 10 yr old doing and saying all these things lol
Apr 11, 2022 4:03 PM
Jul 2021
avy8aby said:
I can't understand how they think he is an unnecessary character, he is a well written character, he has very good dialogues with Shin and is fundamental to his development (I could write a long text arguing this)

Apr 11, 2022 4:22 PM
Apr 2019
fxde1 said:
Mq84jdk said:
Very good and well written character. She has nice cute/comedic moments that are a good break from all of the seriousness and sadness of the show.

At the same time, she is a deeply scarred kid who’s seen way too much tragedy and death for someone her age and you can really see it when she breaks and it becomes too much.

I also like that she serves as a parallel for how Shin was when he was her age. He says that she reminds him of how he used to be, as a kid before the war.

I also like that it’s not just her circumstances, but also her special ability which has given her a lot of insight into the darkness of the world she’s in. This combined with her tragic upbringing make her more nuanced as a character, because on one hand she still has a childlike innocence, but on the other, she knows the truth about the world and everyone around her, including all of their dark secrets and histories. This has the effect of making her much more mature and aware for her age.

She is a very well written character imo.
You understood everything, I can't believe how they can hate Frederica and say she is an unnecessary character...
Everyone hates everything on internet, nothing new. I'm sure these losers never interacted with children irl.
Apr 11, 2022 4:25 PM
Apr 2019
avy8aby said:
Pretty much adorable and witty. Very much necessary to the plot. Also her being a kid is quite necessary too because if she was a 20 yo that would make things weird.
Apr 12, 2022 4:37 PM
Aug 2020
None of get it. It’s her dialect that’s annoying not her voice unless you are talking about the English dub
Apr 16, 2022 7:32 PM
Oct 2020
I am tempted to drop the show because of her. I can't stand her she is really annoying and unnecessary character.
Apr 16, 2022 8:09 PM

Jul 2019
Miserabilist said:

I agree. People say her backstory does factor into how she's characterized but that can be applied to anyone. Why can't a be an adult or the same age as the squadrons? Personally, there are very few characters that I'm fond of in this series.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Apr 16, 2022 8:19 PM

May 2021
LordSozin said:
Miserabilist said:

I agree. People say her backstory does factor into how she's characterized but that can be applied to anyone. Why can't a be an adult or the same age as the squadrons? Personally, there are very few characters that I'm fond of in this series.

As I could see it, the main reason for her to be a child is to portray the parallels with Shin, his brother, and Kiri, you can't really replace that with someone that is more mature about those sort of relationships. It didn't really work because the narrative couldn't find a way for it to be anything but superfluous and insufferable, so Frederica just ended up being a quirk that developed a theme that was already developed without her

Apr 20, 2022 7:26 PM
Nov 2016
This thread doesn't belong here, Frederica is a Part 2 or Season 2 character, she doesn't appear in this season.

Anyway, Frederica was okay-ish... I guess, I don't mind loli characters but I must say, Frederica was kind of annoying sometimes, she felt more like a comic relief character, when she's not annoying she's cute and mature so I'm ok in those moments but like I said, she felt more like a comic relief character so I couldn't take her seriously but I won't deny that I smirked a few times with her too.

She's not the best nor the worst character, she's just... there... for the sake of plot, I guess.
Jun 16, 2022 4:34 PM
Mar 2021
Tunnel_Rat said:

if they keep saying that she's annoying just spoil them
Jun 19, 2022 8:01 PM
Dec 2021
She is really annoying the worst character in the show.
Jul 30, 2022 9:43 AM

Apr 2014
I am not the type that cares about "moe" characters at all. That being said, I appreciated that Frederica acted like the voice of reason in a group of wrapped teenagers and was the only one that could keep Shin's suicidal tendencies in check in the absence of Lena. And she did have a pretty large plot impact, I suspect it's just the beginning considering her powers and her royal origins.

More topics from this board

Poll: » 86 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

462 by SantiOtakito »»
May 29, 5:52 AM

» Eighty-Six: The Complete Season avalable for purchase on digital

jorel262 - May 22

2 by IhnalakoKaina »»
May 22, 10:05 AM

Poll: » 86 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2021

433 by yuyiyu »»
May 22, 6:47 AM

Poll: » 86 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2021

243 by lordmisanthrope »»
May 16, 1:34 PM

» 86 LN starts its Final Arc with the next Light Novel volume 14.

darksideee - Jan 11

32 by KitsuFrost »»
May 1, 7:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.