Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 1, 2022 3:12 AM
Jan 2022
so i was rewatching some episodes of some of my comfort shows and i ended up rewatching the last 3 episodes of toradora yk the actual relationship arc and i got the same feeling from when i watched it the first time, empty.

Now let me say the show is amazing start to finish and it’s a complete story in it’s entirety, but i’ve always wanted more. Does it need another season? Well no, but i’d love an OVA or even a short Film/Movie on everything after the graduation following aisaka and Ryuuji.

what about you guys? do y’all think an OVA or a short film/Movie should be made for a continuation or do y’all think it’s fine as is and shouldn’t be touched anymore?
Apr 1, 2022 3:27 AM
Jan 2013
Tbh, the ending makes me kinda not consider Toradora a romance. It feels more like an anime that just so happened to have a relationship at the end (like how Naruto ends up with Hinata at the end). I love Toradora but I can definitely see why you think it needs a little more and honestly, I agree. In all honesty I don’t even think it did that good of a job of building up their relationship to the point were they enter a romantic one. I kinda had the same feeling the first time I watched it.
Apr 1, 2022 3:37 AM
May 2020
same. i watched the show cuz a friend of mine recommended it. i loved it, mind u, but i loved it cuz it felt like i was watching a slice of life slow which happened to have some kinda plot and a bit of romance.
Apr 1, 2022 4:53 AM
Jan 2020
to know or see the rest, you have to read the Light Novel
Apr 1, 2022 5:26 AM

Mar 2011
The light novel and (I think?) the manga continue the story. I hope it gets adapted some day.

I didn't think the ending was empty or anything. I think I just wanted something a little more outwardly romantic. I'm a cheeseball like that.
Apr 1, 2022 6:59 AM
Dec 2017
ickoriss said:
The light novel and (I think?) the manga continue the story. I hope it gets adapted some day.

I didn't think the ending was empty or anything. I think I just wanted something a little more outwardly romantic. I'm a cheeseball like that.

The manga is still releasing and has adapted only up until episode 20~ of the anime if I'm not mistaken (New Years, right before they go on the field trip.)
Apr 1, 2022 8:04 AM
Jun 2021
godaberi said:
ickoriss said:

The manga is still releasing and has adapted only up until episode 20~ of the anime if I'm not mistaken (New Years, right before they go on the field trip.)

Wait what!?!?! I didn’t know that!!!
Apr 1, 2022 8:18 AM
Feb 2022
d_rey0522 said:
so i was rewatching some episodes of some of my comfort shows and i ended up rewatching the last 3 episodes of toradora yk the actual relationship arc and i got the same feeling from when i watched it the first time, empty.

Now let me say the show is amazing start to finish and it’s a complete story in it’s entirety, but i’ve always wanted more. Does it need another season? Well no, but i’d love an OVA or even a short Film/Movie on everything after the graduation following aisaka and Ryuuji.

what about you guys? do y’all think an OVA or a short film/Movie should be made for a continuation or do y’all think it’s fine as is and shouldn’t be touched anymore?

I think that the end of the movie is just too predictable (even from the name). If the show was like horimiya, then it wouldn't have been a problem, where the relation between the mc s was sorted at the very beginning. And, from then on it was like a heart warming romcom. However, the problem with Toradora is that u already know from the very beginning that taiga will end up with ryuuji. In fact, I feel it would have been much more of a suprise even if ryuuji ended with minori. Also, I feel most agonized by the fact that the series didn't show the relationship of any of the other characters at the end. And, I feel really sad for Ami, the show didn't just do justice to her.
Apr 1, 2022 8:42 AM
Feb 2022
Definitely, I realy hope that there will be a movie on the continuation of s1. Foe me the last 3 episodes was good for me, but it's always the last ep that kept me wishing, I just wanna know a little about what happend afterwards.
Apr 1, 2022 8:46 AM
Feb 2022
sashwata_kayal said:
d_rey0522 said:

I think that the end of the movie is just too predictable (even from the name). If the show was like horimiya, then it wouldn't have been a problem, where the relation between the mc s was sorted at the very beginning. And, from then on it was like a heart warming romcom. However, the problem with Toradora is that u already know from the very beginning that taiga will end up with ryuuji. In fact, I feel it would have been much more of a suprise even if ryuuji ended with minori. Also, I feel most agonized by the fact that the series didn't show the relationship of any of the other characters at the end. And, I feel really sad for Ami, the show didn't just do justice to her.

This is very true, but tbh even if I knew ryuuji was gone end up with tyga it was still fun watching how it happend and how the relationship builds up. But like u said, I disliked the fact that no other relationship formed except for the main characters.
Apr 1, 2022 8:50 AM
Feb 2022
Sinkuo said:

I was considering, but I'm more of a anime and manga person, so that's kinda impossible for me, and I'm pretty sure it more people like me, that can't enjoy the LN, cause that's how it is for me
Apr 1, 2022 5:34 PM
Dec 2017
Nonstoplele12 said:
godaberi said:

it started in 2007 but has been releasing at a snail's pace. The last volume (the one adapting the New Year) was released back in 2019, so we're nearing almost 3 years without a new chapter. It's been a pain in the ass waiting
Apr 1, 2022 6:59 PM
Aug 2021
I'm probably not the only one who treats this show like a coming of age comedy rather than highschool romance. Nevertheless I really enjoyed the show, and is very curious about the continuation of Takahashi and Aisaka's relationship. An OVA or two would be great, but not a movie. I think the story is conclusive enough that it doesn't need a movie.
Apr 1, 2022 7:09 PM
Aug 2021
I hate Taiga but I love Ami.
Apr 1, 2022 9:52 PM
Aug 2021
Ending was decent.... it's really nostalgic and special to me as Taiga's character was little odd but got used to her as a tsundere kodomo xD. It was really refreshing at the beginning as their chemistry weren't much but Taiga's behaviour and affection drastically changed towards Ryuuji ! I even felt bad for Kushida at some point surrendering her love.It's tooo late for a movie , I would definitely love to see more of them but anime like these won't get a S2 😢..... I've waited for like forever and Sakurasou no pet and Tsuki ga kirei still didn't adapt a sequel !! 😭😭😭
Apr 1, 2022 11:05 PM
Jul 2020
ickoriss said:

no the light novel is over and it doesnt continue the Story and the manga only adapt the LN
Apr 2, 2022 2:49 AM
Aug 2020
i would love a short film/movie or something of that sort
Cant think of a signature
Apr 2, 2022 7:35 AM
Oct 2021
Pretty sure this is a pic from the psp game
Apr 2, 2022 12:26 PM
Nov 2020
Sinkuo said:

true the original source would be most complete and most satisfying in terms of content quality and quantity. filling in gaps more side stories etc.
Apr 23, 2022 6:23 AM
Jun 2021
godaberi said:
Nonstoplele12 said:

it started in 2007 but has been releasing at a snail's pace. The last volume (the one adapting the New Year) was released back in 2019, so we're nearing almost 3 years without a new chapter. It's been a pain in the ass waiting
that’s a long time!
Apr 23, 2022 6:39 AM

Jul 2019
Just read the Light Novel! The source material is worth more than the adaptation.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
May 11, 2022 1:32 AM
Nov 2021
d_rey0522 said:

I'd like to see an ova on ami.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1110 by mjjones0 »»
Jun 2, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Mar 11, 2009

423 by mjjones0 »»
Jun 2, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ironchefflip - Mar 8, 2009

193 by mjjones0 »»
Jun 2, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Jan 21, 2009

421 by doge_monke »»
Jun 1, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 4, 2009

299 by Luandfghj »»
Jun 1, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.