Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 21, 2022 2:09 AM
May 2021
Is shirou and archer the same person? because archer told that he is a heroic spirit from future and came to the past to kill shirou. And they both want to become hero of justice and have same skills.I'm confused.
Sand_bagMar 21, 2022 5:26 AM
Mar 21, 2022 2:18 AM

Apr 2018
They were not the same in the movies I think except for an arm.

Mar 21, 2022 2:19 AM
May 2021
Sand_bag said:
Is shirou and archer the same person? because archer told that he is a heroic spirit from future and came to the past to kill shirou. And they both want to become hero of justice and have same skills.I'm confused.
Archer is future Shirou from another timeline. He was summoned by pure chance and only tried to kill Shirou after the talk at Ryudoji temple.
Mar 21, 2022 2:20 AM
Apr 2021
If you read the Visual Novel its so batter explained and youll get what their story actually is and what kind of a character shirou is
Mar 21, 2022 2:21 AM
Apr 2021
NekoZamurai said:

Hmmmmm i wonder why kirei said the arm was perfectly compatible with shirou after the surgery very very strange
Mar 21, 2022 2:26 AM

Apr 2018
Sibil_Khan said:
NekoZamurai said:

Hmmmmm i wonder why kirei said the arm was perfectly compatible with shirou after the surgery very very strange
Oh so they were the same in the movies also, I thought only their arm was compatible.

Mar 21, 2022 2:26 AM
Apr 2021
NekoZamurai said:

Mar 21, 2022 2:27 AM

Aug 2020
Archer is Shirou's future from another timeline.
The grail can summon servants from any time or timeline so Archer was summoned because he had Rin's pendant which acted as a catalyst for his summoning.
He doesn't want to kill Shirou he just regrets that he chose the path that he chose and wants Shirou not to do the same even if it may not have any effect on Archer.
Mar 21, 2022 2:40 AM
May 2021
Tyraq said:
The grail can summon servants from any time or timeline so Archer was summoned because he had Rin's pendant which acted as a catalyst for his summoning.
He doesn't want to kill Shirou he just regrets that he chose the path that he chose and wants Shirou not to do the same even if it may not have any effect on Archer.
Means shirou will become archer?
Mar 21, 2022 2:42 AM

Aug 2020
Sand_bag said:
Tyraq said:

Like I said Archer is from a different timeline, so in UBW he doesn't.

Sand_bag said:
so in different timeline he is shirou emiya right?

Yeah basically.
TyraqMar 21, 2022 2:46 AM
Mar 21, 2022 2:44 AM
May 2021
Tyraq said:
Sand_bag said:

so in different timeline he is shirou emiya right? Like the 3 spiderman peter parker
Mar 21, 2022 2:45 AM
May 2021
Sand_bag said:
Tyraq said:

so in different timeline he is shirou emiya right?
He was Shirou Emiya, and yes.
Mar 21, 2022 2:51 AM

Jul 2015
Yes, and that's a huge spoiler you put literally in the title.
Archer wants Shirou to stop his pipe dream of becoming a hero of justice, because for each villain he kills dozen will take it's spot or some shit like that.

Mar 21, 2022 3:37 AM

Jan 2021
Sand_bag said:
Tyraq said:

so in different timeline he is shirou emiya right? Like the 3 spiderman peter parker

More like he's the exact same person, but he experienced different things in his timeline, which made him what he is now.
None of the three present versions of Shirou will end up becoming Archer; he's from a timeline we didn't see in the three routes. Since the Throne of Heroes exists beyond time and space, it includes heroes from various timelines who then get summoned into others.
Mar 21, 2022 3:38 AM

Jan 2021
Piromysl said:
Archer wants Shirou to stop his pipe dream of becoming a hero of justice, because for each villain he kills dozen will take it's spot or some shit like that.

Uh, no? Archer wants to kill Shirou because he's suicidal. He wanted to create a Paradox by killing his past self in an alternate timeline (UBW) so he could himself be erased from existence.

He was tired of being a sweeper for the Counter Guardian Force for eternity and didn't want more blood on his hands.
Mar 21, 2022 3:47 AM

Feb 2019
Ah, this must be the same capacity for logical thought that leads folk to go for the anime instead. The jokes rather write themselves, then.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Mar 21, 2022 4:13 AM

May 2021
Yes,Shirou won the holy grail and became a guardian spirit of humanity,wandering in the spiral of time,preventing warfares upon warfares,when eventually he understood,"Humanity Will Never Learn",He started to hate his older self,due to which his affinity was higher with Rin than with himself.
Mar 21, 2022 4:14 AM

May 2021
NekoZamurai said:

They are the same in all routes and realities.
Mar 21, 2022 4:15 AM

Jul 2015
certifiedbinger said:
Piromysl said:

Uh, no? Archer wants to kill Shirou because he's suicidal. He wanted to create a Paradox by killing his past self in an alternate timeline (UBW) so he could himself be erased from existence.

He was tired of being a sweeper for the Counter Guardian Force for eternity and didn't want more blood on his hands.

Literally what I meant, just more in depth. Thank you.

Mar 21, 2022 4:15 AM

May 2021
Sand_bag said:
Tyraq said:

He would have,if archer wouldn't have stopped him from doing whatever shit he did in past
Mar 21, 2022 4:22 AM
Mar 2017
Sand_bag said:
Tyraq said:

it means he CAN become Archer, it's a future timeline but it never says it's his specific future. it's like a : What if series moment.
Mar 21, 2022 5:11 AM

Mar 2011
Just put the whole plot twist in the title. Spoil it for everyone because you were too lazy to google it.
Mar 21, 2022 5:16 AM

Jan 2021
Sand_bag said:

like other people have said yes they are the same person but from different timelines in all 3 routes
and also change the title because its a literal spoiler
salad77Mar 21, 2022 7:20 AM
Read the visual novel nerd
Mar 21, 2022 8:10 AM
May 2021
ickoriss said:
Just put the whole plot twist in the title. Spoil it for everyone because you were too lazy to google it.

I changed the title now stop your whining.
Mar 21, 2022 11:03 AM

Mar 2011
Sand_bag said:
ickoriss said:

I changed the title now stop your whining.
I don't know how you couldn't google this or look it up on the wiki. You don't have to make a thread for everything.
Mar 25, 2022 5:31 PM
Oct 2021
PresE2PayRespect said:
Sand_bag said:
Archer is future Shirou from another timeline. He was summoned by pure chance and only tried to kill Shirou after the talk at Ryudoji temple.

not chance rin and emiya have the same red necklace which Archer projected after the first fight with Lancer.
Apr 12, 2022 5:09 AM
Aug 2021
NekoZamurai said:

they are the same in all the routes the things that happens in each route doesn't matter to the lore so for example even tho we don't know about sakura's past in ubw doesn't mean it didn't happen same goes for archer being shirou
Apr 12, 2022 6:25 AM

May 2021
Archer is basically the logical result of Shirou's ideals. He is what Shirou could have become had he stuck with his ideals till death.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1400 by sadoomi »»
May 23, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.