Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 8, 2022 1:00 AM

Dec 2017
After a year of extremely dubious marketing campaigns (Haruhi x PUBG, seriously? what are you thinking Kadokawa) I write to thee again about the legend of Haruhi and its nonexistent anime sequel.

TLDR: We still have nothing.

But we may (and I emphasize the word may here) see some sort of announcement since we're getting a ton of reboots lately (Spice and Wolf, Devil is a Part-Timer, Tiger & Bunny) and it just seems like a waste not to include the singular biggest series of the 2000s in that list. Your thoughts are much appreciated as always.
Mar 8, 2022 1:08 AM

May 2019
Cr4zko said:
After a year of extremely dubious marketing campaigns (Haruhi x PUBG, seriously? what are you thinking Kadokawa) I write to thee again about the legend of Haruhi and its nonexistent anime sequel.

But we may (and I emphasize the word may here) see some sort of announcement since we're getting a ton of reboots lately (Spice and Wolf, Devil is a Part-Timer, Tiger & Bunny) and it just seems like a waste not to include the singular biggest series of the 2000s in that list. Your thoughts are much appreciated as always.

Season 2 kind of just shouted out “we don’t care about this show” the first season did so well yet the second season was basically just 5 episodes. I can’t imagine that after that they’d still try for another season
"Equivalent exchange. I'll give half of my life to you, if you give half of your life to me."
Mar 8, 2022 1:10 AM
Anime Moderator
May 2018
I haven't gotten around to reading further, but I don't remember novel 7 being all that interesting. I do hear crazy shit about novels 9, 10, and 11 though so if the anime comes back in I hope they'd adapt far enough to that.
Mar 8, 2022 3:24 AM

May 2021
Cr4zko said:

when I saw the title I thought it was an announcement but was an disapointment
Mar 8, 2022 4:19 AM

Mar 2011
So this is a pointless speculation thread with nothing to go off of.
Mar 8, 2022 4:21 AM

Jul 2015
Anime overall went more mainstream than ever in the recent years, so there is always a chance.
Spice and Wolf is getting new anime, so Haruhi is NOT out of the question.

Mar 8, 2022 4:39 AM

Oct 2021
Wtf, there is actually haruhi x pubg lmao
Mar 8, 2022 10:09 AM
May 2011
NightKnightTaken said:
Cr4zko said:

Season 2 kind of just shouted out “we don’t care about this show” the first season did so well yet the second season was basically just 5 episodes. I can’t imagine that after that they’d still try for another season

I mean, in all fairness, they trolled fans both seasons, just in different ways.

Broadcast order in Season 1, and Endless Right in Season 2.

I doubt we'll get a season 3, but I do wonder about how we'd get trolled for it.
Mar 8, 2022 10:18 AM
May 2011
Cr4zko said:

don't hold your breath. Aya Hirano isn't really popular anymore, so it's doubtful they'd being her back. They could recast her, but it's just easier to focus on new projects instead.
Mar 8, 2022 2:06 PM

Jan 2021
Piromysl said:
Anime overall went more mainstream than ever in the recent years, so there is always a chance.
Spice and Wolf is getting new anime, so Haruhi is NOT out of the question.

SPICE AND WOLF IS GETTING A REBOOT?!
Mar 8, 2022 4:15 PM
Dec 2020
Like just how all of us want a third season, I feel like they would potentially do it as reboots are happening, but the advertising and overall feel of the show would probably be decently different from the first two seasons as they got a wide variety of criticism for obvious and fair reasons. I guess it’s just a matter of time and if they feel coming back to an older title that still needs the continuation/conclusion it deserves. Sure the movie was great, but it still never felt fully complete to me still. It honestly feels like a hunter x hunter situation in terms of where the anime left off except nowhere near the same level of severity.
Mar 8, 2022 10:25 PM
Mar 2021
Cr4zko said:

Knowing the Haruhi series we would just get a remake of the endless 8
Nov 27, 2022 3:48 PM
May 2019
I think we'll get an announcement of some sort next year since it will be the 20th anniversary for the first light novel volume.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Fabrice - Jun 18, 2009

203 by jonnenen »»
Yesterday, 9:52 AM

» Sign here if you watch all eight episodes of Endless Eight. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shuffleair - Aug 13, 2009

1539 by onirosama »»
May 19, 10:40 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

536 by Zucned »»
May 7, 2:46 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.