Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 1, 2022 1:12 PM

Apr 2014
I saw an earlier post about Ushio's screen time being short and felt the same about Tomoya's father. I wish we had maybe at least one or two episodes ,after he made up with his dad, where they interacted more. Perhaps we could've seen more of him interacting with Ushio as a better grandfather. I think it would've also been interesting to see him meet and interact with Nagisa's parents. I know he was sent to live with the grandmother, but perhaps they pay a visit. What are your thoughts?
HailcaesarMar 1, 2022 1:16 PM
Mar 1, 2022 1:25 PM

Dec 2020
Agreed. Tomoya’s dad had a huge potential. Personally I thought most emotional scene in the whole show was tomoya’s apology to his father.
I am Mad Scientist. Its soo cool. Sunovabitch
Mar 1, 2022 1:35 PM
Sep 2021
Hailcaesar said:
I saw an earlier post about Ushio's screen time being short and felt the same about Tomoya's father. I wish we had maybe at least one or two episodes ,after he made up with his dad, where they interacted more. Perhaps we could've seen more of him interacting with Ushio as a better grandfather. I think it would've also been interesting to see him meet and interact with Nagisa's parents. I know he was sent to live with the grandmother, but perhaps they pay a visit. What are your thoughts?

I agree with that a lot too
Mar 1, 2022 4:46 PM
Mar 2020
Tomoya’s dad is the epitome of what I call chad. The dude lost his mind, yet he still was there for his son. He probably couldn’t do anything for him, but deep down he knew he had to be there for his son and him being there made Tomoya who he was and who he became. His apology to his dad was the best moment in the entire series for me. That being said, the dad is mentally done. I don’t think he’d be able to do much even if he interacted with Tomoya or Ushio. It would probably still be the same interaction as it was with Tomoya but with the latter being kinder and the wholesomeness of Ushio would’ve added more, so even though we wouldn’t get much of out the dad, I still would’ve like to see that happen.

Tl;dr I agree

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 1, 2022 8:14 PM

May 2021
Hailcaesar said:

yeah I agree with you and that thread was made by me lol.
Mar 1, 2022 10:33 PM

Jul 2015
Tomoya's father is phenomenal character.
He had much greater lore in the movie.
The best scene was when he confronted depressed Tomoya and told him "He is becoming like him".

Mar 2, 2022 3:53 PM
May 2017
Piromysl said:
Tomoya's father is phenomenal character.
He had much greater lore in the movie.
The best scene was when he confronted depressed Tomoya and told him "He is becoming like him".

I agree with this!
Tomoya's Dad had potential and was sadly split between the movie and tv series.

So I had watched the movie YEARS ago before actually sitting down and watching both Clannad and After Story last year(?)
And you would've think that they'd add more since it was a series vs a movie (longer run time kind of), but when I saw that they cut out the flashback scenes and his Dad's confrontations with Tomoya, it didn't feel as heartfelt as it could've been when Tomoya apologized and forgave his Dad.

Having a mix of both movie and series does help with understanding the Dad more (trust me I teared up and heart wrecked when everything was resolved) without having to play the VN...which I may consider doing in the future.
Mar 2, 2022 8:50 PM

Jan 2022
Despite his last scene with Tomoyo giving me an emotional breakdown, i kind of like the ambiguity of how things were left off. it gave the impression that he still had alot of healing to do and showing the family together would have felt too rushed in my opinion.
Mar 2, 2022 9:00 PM
Jul 2018
Bro. You just spoke out the words of my heart. This is one of the main reasons as to why I dislike Afterstory. Everything is dealt with in such a rushed or half-assed manner.
Mar 2, 2022 9:05 PM

Aug 2018
I dunno guys I get the impression that Tomoya's dad is a burned-out shell of a man who doesn't really have any interesting things to say.
Sep 29, 2022 6:11 AM
Aug 2020
I think it would be better than episodes where Nagisa appears, Clannad was started to being good after Ushio appeared imo.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1171 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jello - Mar 8, 2009

285 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 11, 2009

135 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

quentinlau - Feb 19, 2009

177 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

728 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 6:42 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.