Forum Settings
Forums

In the description it says "Three years ago...", is/was this a sequel to another story?

New
Feb 14, 2022 7:43 AM
Mar 2021
a.k.a. Am I missing something, is there another thing I should read or watch first?
Feb 14, 2022 8:03 AM

Jan 2017
WillC5 said:
a.k.a. Am I missing something, is there another thing I should read or watch first?

No , maybe you have missread ?
Due to the invasion of Disas—enigmatic creatures of soil from the land of the dead—mankind, who was on the verge of crisis, was saved by the efforts of magical girls who had obtained a mysterious magical power...

Three years later, new incidents suddenly occur, tearing apart the normalcy of the girls who had each returned to their normal lives. The saviours of humanity, those magical girls called "The Magical Five" now live each day fighting for their lives, even as they are trifled with by fate...

So the story takes place 3 years after the original invasion of the "Disas" dammed by the magical girls.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Feb 15, 2022 11:41 AM
Mar 2021
Not misread, somehow ended up asking this under the manga rather than the anime (whose description begins "Three years ago, ...").

Having read both, it still looks like a bit hint that another story exists (I've lost count of how many sequel descriptions start off by referring to the original story in similar terms).

But if there isn't, that's cool. I watched the first episode already, and it seems like the backstory is being drip-fed in.

More topics from this board

» on a level of 1 to 10 how edgy is this?

Neostorm-X - Jul 15, 2021

1 by Neostorm-X »»
Oct 28, 2022 12:18 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Chapter 62 Discussion

hitemlow - Mar 1, 2021

8 by Liddo-kun »»
May 10, 2021 4:09 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Chapter 61 Discussion

Liddo-kun - May 10, 2021

0 by Liddo-kun »»
May 10, 2021 3:38 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Chapter 60 Discussion

GanbatteBakemono - Feb 7, 2021

1 by Liddo-kun »»
May 10, 2021 3:25 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Chapter 59 Discussion

GanbatteBakemono - Jan 24, 2021

1 by Liddo-kun »»
May 10, 2021 3:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.