Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2022 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
A rather slowed paced and also moody episode..

Is the world even ready for a revolution? The planning from behind the scenes gives me ominous vibes. Hope the main cast is ready to deal with what's coming honestly.
Feb 9, 2022 9:20 AM

Feb 2020
Wow.. That ending was quite shocking.

There's no such thing as a perfect world.

SerafosFeb 9, 2022 10:58 AM
Feb 9, 2022 9:49 AM

Jul 2017
Even within the RGB friends, when best friends get into trouble, as such from Ran's best friend Naito Kudo a.k.a. Kunai, they can be distrusting. This is even more so now because Drug D was created with Kunai's name attached to it in co-operation that was heavily modified by someone or some entity, and Ran's DoRed name is getting the scapegoat treatment.

The Visions received from Asumi are linking more to Hazard Cast, but the problem now stems that Koki basically got the full and complete answer: his father being in charge of this next-generation KANAE system (named after his mother) that would distribute information to the 24th Ward's Shantytown residents' cPhones in spirit of safety...though I'd reckon that the use of Hazard Cast is reserved for something sinister for the future, even if SARG is hiding this as top-secret material.

Ran may be already aware that Koki will sell DoRed out, even more than their childhood history, and Shuta is in an uncomfortable situation of treading the lines between the two. The childhood flashbacks...just honestly didn't do much to give the context of their growing-up days, and more if it will come up soon enough.

Hazard Cast is made official from Koki's father of a ward referendum...but like the modern world, this is a compromise on safety even if it mentions as so. So now, Hazard Cast with the KANAE system vs. Asumi's Visions vs. Carneades, it's more like the KANAE system is the 3-in-1 ambiguity that will separate everyone once and for all.

The perfect world...just doesn't exist.
Feb 9, 2022 10:38 AM
Jul 2016
The SARG bastards are already covering up the dangerous aspects of cPhone biometric sensors. If this were real life, they probably wouldn't air Kunai's video message at all lmaooooo.

Anyway, I can see that the KANAE system takes a lot of similarities from the Sibyl system from Pyscho Pass.

Always knew Koki was a damn narc lmaooooo.

Anyway, when will SARG be brainwashing the citizens of 24th Ward? The zombie apocalypse will come down upon DoRed and they will be surrounded. The CIA has nothing on SARG lol.
erikkamirsFeb 10, 2022 7:24 AM
Feb 9, 2022 12:19 PM

May 2021
Great episode! RGB have really been seperated quite a bit now after Kouki prevented the boat bombing disaster... And the KANAE system has been rolled out... some people are on the fence about updating their phones to it but some seem to be willing to do so as they think it will protect their safety.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Feb 9, 2022 12:39 PM

May 2020
It's been a while since I've really gotten mad over some stupid thing, but man, Koki really stepped up.

A perfect world in which everyone is safe... such a thing cannot exist when the human being himself is imperfect.
Feb 9, 2022 3:45 PM

Aug 2020
Every episode gets exciting. Kanae system is truly fearful, to think they used his sister as a brain. That's too sad. RGB Friendship over

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Feb 9, 2022 4:52 PM
Oct 2015
I really think this show is getting unfair criticism, I keep expecting a drop in quality but it just keeps getting better and better.

I love the direction they are taking, and even if some things were predictable, that Zeros cliffhanger for sure wasn't.
Feb 9, 2022 5:17 PM

Feb 2017
ouchie

koki & family, what tf guys????

placeholder text
Feb 9, 2022 6:15 PM

Nov 2011
Honestly I'd like to see Koki or his Dad die. SARG are clearly trash and Koki is a RAT dude. Two trash people. And that lady she's garbage as well.

Smh.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 9, 2022 8:08 PM

Mar 2016
So, this machine is an inferior version of the Sibyl system? Psycho-Pass plays with this concept better. This anime info-dumped everything at once. Psycho-Pass revealed things slowly, and made sure we understood what happened.

Why did they reveal the info about Asumi just now? I am pretty sure everyone could have predicted that twist because it happens all the time!

The main trio don't have a good chemistry. I wish we'd get to see them genuinely enjoy each others' presence so that it would be actually sad when they grow apart! But, I think it's already too late for that.
Feb 9, 2022 9:13 PM
Aug 2018
After this episode I'm really curious how they are going to redeem Koki. I legitimately don't think he's redeemable at this point unless he sacrifices himself.
Feb 9, 2022 9:38 PM

Jul 2021
Man that was fucked up, I kind of expected the BRAIN to be Asumi but still it's so infuriating, I mean she's basially alive if her brain is working, right?

It still bothers me to see that these drug addicts are treated like trash, they need help not lashing, gonna reduce my score by 1 just for showing this shit.

Kinda mad tha Koki sold doRed out, it's not like he's a super good person, he's keeping quiet about using Asumi as the brain for the KANAE system.

We also got to see smol Asumi, she was kawai.

Also this new KANAE system basically compromises all their privacy, bruh fuck that.

5/5 episode but gonna reduce 1 point from my total score 8->7

Looking forward to next episode.
TsutanaiFuunFeb 9, 2022 9:51 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 9, 2022 9:41 PM
Jan 2021
We are finally getting into the thick of things. Did Kouki reveal the base?? I wonder if that's true or we are just jumping the gun. I hope it's not tbh. I got the feeling that Kouki regrets taking that shot.

Things are about to get intense, aren't they. Really good and thought provoking show.

merlin2vFeb 9, 2022 9:49 PM
Feb 9, 2022 11:07 PM

Dec 2020
i want to punch kouki's father.
Feb 9, 2022 11:40 PM
Apr 2020
This is getting more interesting since it's getting darker lol. But, I don't like Koki, he could've ordered to shoot Kunai on other parts of his body, somewhere that ain't fatal. But he didn't. Plus, he agreed with his father's plan to use Asumi and label Kunai's true story as a fake new, and even sold Ran and DoRed. Even the bossy policewoman is annoying, she could've talked to Ran nicely but she chose violence. smh

Ao_SkyFeb 9, 2022 11:48 PM
Feb 10, 2022 1:07 AM
May 2021
Ao_Blue said:
This is getting more interesting since it's getting darker lol. But, I don't like Koki, he could've ordered to shoot Kunai on other parts of his body, somewhere that ain't fatal. But he didn't. Plus, he agreed with his father's plan to use Asumi and label Kunai's true story as a fake new, and even sold Ran and DoRed. Even the bossy policewoman is annoying, she could've talked to Ran nicely but she chose violence. smh

yeah agree with you there he's getting pretty hateable. personally the shift in his character from moving from the good to the bad side felt a little rushed. shuta is being quite naive in this episode pretending that everything can be solved by just making up(understandably but I really hope he stands up to the challenge he and Ran face)

absolutely love this series, the characters and the story even if it is a bit predictable (From ep 1 I really hoped that asumi wasn't the brain behind everything and they would try something different) but don't fix what's not broken I mean it got an angry reaction and some cuss words out of me so I guess it did the trick.
Feb 10, 2022 1:17 AM
May 2021
byKazna said:
I really think this show is getting unfair criticism, I keep expecting a drop in quality but it just keeps getting better and better.

I love the direction they are taking, and even if some things were predictable, that Zeros cliffhanger for sure wasn't.

I feel you bro I think this is the best new anime this season it's better than bisco and even though dress up darling has great character designs and animation it's still in the early stages of the manga.

But the one criticism (not hate I love this series and I want the best version of itself to seen by everyone) I would give this anime would be that from this week's episode the story has gotten a bit more predictable and stiff in the story department. the characters which I thought were really unique at the start are starting to feel formulaec(shuta and koki) Ran is amazing as ever.
the reveal of asumi was something we all had in our minds from ep 1 so I was hoping it would go in a different direction.
but don't change what's not broken I guess it's still pretty good. I would give it a 7/10 currently but if we get another hype action scene with really epic music like the one in ep1 (the parkour scene) I would bump it to an 8 no questions asked.

really hope that it sticks the landing and a slaute to everyone watching this hidden gem. it really needs more love for sure.
Feb 10, 2022 1:52 AM
May 2021
FuMomo-kun said:
So, this machine is an inferior version of the Sibyl system? Psycho-Pass plays with this concept better. This anime info-dumped everything at once. Psycho-Pass revealed things slowly, and made sure we understood what happened.

Why did they reveal the info about Asumi just now? I am pretty sure everyone could have predicted that twist because it happens all the time!

The main trio don't have a good chemistry. I wish we'd get to see them genuinely enjoy each others' presence so that it would be actually sad when they grow apart! But, I think it's already too late for that.

Man I respect your opinion but some of things u said really don't make sense for e.g
1. Ur problem with this shows info dumping, I don't get that because this is quite a straight-laced,a bit predictable show the way the story elements are pit in place. I get that kokis character did a complete 180 which felt a bit rushed and forced, a bit unnatural to say the least (he felt almost as deranged as his father). the stuff about hazard cast is quite simple to understand especially if u have seen something as well explained as psycho pass.

2. The asumi thing was something we kinda knew from the get go and to get it out of the way would be the best thing. I would have loved it if the show took a different route with that scenario but that's wishful thinking in shows like these and anime in general.(the philosophy of don't change what hasn't been broken or something like that)

3. you are quite wrong in the way u phrased "bad chemistry" because the characters not having the best bond of friendship isn't a problem at least in the case of this show because that what they are trying to portray that after the death of asumi they grew apart. Another thing is that even though kunai was rans best friend he was still a bit jealous of him which kinda played a part in what he did
personally shuta is quite a generic character and koikis side switch felt a bit too rushed. Ran is the best character of the show. he has the best personality and his ideals and his view of the world is more interesting to look at than the others.

Anyway I really like this series its getting a bit predictable but still it's quite solid, no gaping plot holes just an enjoyable ride.
Feb 10, 2022 9:55 AM

Mar 2014
Whoaa Koki's Dad is truly insane, using his own dead daughter's body for the brain of this show version of Sibyl system.
Feb 10, 2022 10:06 AM
Oct 2015
Yahelloo said:
byKazna said:

I feel you bro I think this is the best new anime this season it's better than bisco and even though dress up darling has great character designs and animation it's still in the early stages of the manga.

But the one criticism (not hate I love this series and I want the best version of itself to seen by everyone) I would give this anime would be that from this week's episode the story has gotten a bit more predictable and stiff in the story department. the characters which I thought were really unique at the start are starting to feel formulaec(shuta and koki) Ran is amazing as ever.
the reveal of asumi was something we all had in our minds from ep 1 so I was hoping it would go in a different direction.
but don't change what's not broken I guess it's still pretty good. I would give it a 7/10 currently but if we get another hype action scene with really epic music like the one in ep1 (the parkour scene) I would bump it to an 8 no questions asked.

really hope that it sticks the landing and a slaute to everyone watching this hidden gem. it really needs more love for sure.

I cannot agree more with you. Ran is an amazing character but Koki and Shuts still lack some characterization.

Yeah, I would give it the same score as well.
Feb 10, 2022 10:25 AM

Nov 2015
I really enjoyed this episode.

Koki after seeing what his father did to Asumi, and still agrees and sells his friend out.. I feel bad for Shuta, you poor guy in between and dealing with the rest of the ward and situations too.

I'm interested to see how far Koki goes, bc he's the one who'll go too far or realize his mistake in time. Looking forward to next episode.

younger brothers of the death painting wombs,
lend me your strength!! fire!!
like Esou... I must fight with grace!
like Kechizu... I must fight freely!!
and like Yuji... I must fight with power!!!

deliveriescollectionreverie sonata
amazing set by ec secret snowman < 333
Feb 10, 2022 10:27 AM
Sep 2015
The reveal reminded me of the short story "The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas" by Ursula K. Le Guin. Which pairs nicely with the "Minority Report" vibes of the whole KANAE System conundrum.
Feb 11, 2022 1:27 AM

Oct 2008
hmmm you think this show is becoming edgy? hmmmm...
5/5.

Feb 11, 2022 10:53 AM

Feb 2019
Man, why can't the show be about that blonde cop lady? She steals every single scene that she's in. In the first two minutes alone, she pistol whips two people just for talking back to her. She's such a ridiculous Dirty Harry go-getter while everybody else spends the whole episode sitting around, having sad feelings and/or bread thrown at them. Forget the whole swat team raiding teenager graffiti artists. Just send her. She'll get results.

Anyway, the 'big' things of the episode is that the dead dude left a delayed message recapping and explaining the entire thing to everybody, and that the magic weather detecting super whatsoever thingy that failed due to sudden hurricanes a couple episodes back is Minority Report technology, developed by family of course, complete with the mutilated corpse of their friend shoved into it, because of course society would be powered by that. And it brainjacks the poors too? Great! Sure am waiting for the rich kid to be conflicted over using this. The worst part of this is that half is revealed about ten minutes into the episode, then they cut away to have buddy bread remembering time for most of the rest of the episode, doing the shocked face, but stalling out the reveal to use as a cliffhanger. They used the same scene as the cliffhanger for both the commercial break and to end the episode. Makes you wonder what the point of the ten minutes in between that was.

Feb 12, 2022 1:44 PM
Mar 2018
The episode was really heavy!
Feb 15, 2022 3:26 PM

Dec 2016
I think everyone predicted that Asumi was part of that computer and about Red's mentor... after seeing his "main art" in the flashback I was thinking it looked similar to art of "main bad guy" now we know why.

At least Asumi isn't just a brain but have basically entire original body so probably RGB will be able to save her in the end.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.167/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 20, 2022 2:15 PM

Feb 2021
So horrible! How can dad use her daughter like this. It is disgusting! I also hope that they can save Asumi in the end!

And what happened to Kouki's mother? Did she die or what?
Feb 20, 2022 10:58 PM
Sep 2019
Is this psychopass spinoff lmao
May 6, 2022 4:21 PM

Jul 2015
Very clear Koki's dad is quite the messed up one for using his dead daughter for some security system. Even more how Koki just goes along with it instead of stopping it.

Jun 4, 2022 8:15 PM

Aug 2018
GurenNoOu said:
Is this psychopass spinoff lmao
you have no idea what spinoff means lmao
Jun 4, 2022 8:21 PM

Aug 2018
Reapermask said:
Very clear Koki's dad is quite the messed up one for using his dead daughter for some security system. Even more how Koki just goes along with it instead of stopping it.
You would be surprised what people would do once their morality is change, old definitions of rights and ethics are thrown out. A respect for dead is something that someone with religious background would care, his dad is a future world scientist wife also, Kouki while shock he ended up accepting might be a atheist family.
Jan 26, 2023 8:54 AM
Dec 2013
"Is it wrong to steal a loaf of bread to help feed a starving family?"
Apr 18, 2023 11:18 PM

Dec 2013
Kouki is a friggin' nark man. Killed Kunai, and told on poor kids stealing food. He doesn't deserve those bread crusts.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo 24-ku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2022

108 by Mezzy93 »»
Apr 1, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Tokyo 24-ku Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2022

49 by Haylen »»
Jun 5, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo 24-ku Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2022

29 by nick_el_son »»
May 8, 2023 3:01 AM

Poll: » Tokyo 24-ku Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2022

39 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 11, 2023 11:08 PM

» Some REALLY Bad News

KANLen09 - Dec 29, 2021

30 by mshfqtny »»
Jan 7, 2023 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.