Forum Settings
Forums

I barely remember anything from the previous entries, will I be fine watching this right away?

New
Feb 7, 2022 9:41 AM

Feb 2019
Title. I'm asking this because I remember not liking UBW that much and have close to zero interest in rewatching it. But I really want to watch this trilogy so I may reconsider depending on your answers.
Feb 7, 2022 9:50 AM
Oct 2020
TheRailTracerMAL said:
Title. I'm asking this because I remember not liking UBW that much and have close to zero interest in rewatching it. But I really want to watch this trilogy so I may reconsider depending on your answers.

Only the beginning is the same as UBW, but it skips over all of the beginning explanations. As long as you remember how the holy grail war works and who the characters are you will be fine.
Feb 7, 2022 9:52 AM

Jul 2017
If you remember the prologue of ubw (the one where Rin is the focus) and a bit after Saber is summoned you should be fine

Feb 2021
The best way to watch heavens feel I’d say is to have experience unlimited blade works first and garden of sinners. As long as you watch garden of sinners then heavens feel I’d say yeah. Garden of sinners gives an explanation to the ending of heavens feel and makes the ending better tbh. Garden of sinners are 8 movies and when u watch them they aren’t in chronological order but you should watch it normally ( watch 1 then 2 and 3 and vice versa)

Aug 2020
You should be good, the first like 35mins of movie 1 is same as UBW rest is different

Feb 7, 2022 10:06 AM

Feb 2019
Akitokamisen said:
If you remember the prologue of ubw (the one where Rin is the focus) and a bit after Saber is summoned you should be fine
I see, I guess I'll rewatch the prologue at least.
eexi said:
The best way to watch heavens feel I’d say is to have experience unlimited blade works first and garden of sinners. As long as you watch garden of sinners then heavens feel I’d say yeah. Garden of sinners gives an explanation to the ending of heavens feel and makes the ending better tbh. Garden of sinners are 8 movies and when u watch them they aren’t in chronological order but you should watch it normally ( watch 1 then 2 and 3 and vice versa)
Coincidentally, I actually did just finish the KnK movies recently so that's pretty neat.
Feb 7, 2022 10:08 AM

Feb 2021
Yeah, as long as you remember a little bit from ubw you’ll be fine but it doesn’t really matter a huge amount anyways since they’re routes.
Feb 7, 2022 10:26 AM

Aug 2021
TheRailTracerMAL said:
you should be fine since the first half is a recap anyway
Feb 8, 2022 12:44 AM
Dec 2021
Despite the stuff they left out from the VN, it's enjoyable
Feb 8, 2022 3:24 AM

Mar 2018
Watch UBW ep 1 and then watch Heaven's Feel because HF skips the beginning of the War and Shirou summoning Saber. From the moment when Shirou leaves church for the first time everything is totally different than other routes

Feb 8, 2022 6:22 AM
Apr 2021
eexi said:
bro what? Why would you watch garden of sinners it’s a completely different franchise. It’s a type moon work but it isn’t fate/staynight the best way to Understand Heavens feel would be to watch fate/staynight 2006 and watch UBW or just play The VN but the later is harder. Nobody should be watching garden of sinners to under start the fate staynight routes. They are made by the same people but are different works
Feb 8, 2022 6:44 AM

Feb 2021
purification1 said:
eexi said:
bro what? Why would you watch garden of sinners it’s a completely different franchise. It’s a type moon work but it isn’t fate/staynight the best way to Understand Heavens feel would be to watch fate/staynight 2006 and watch UBW or just play The VN but the later is harder. Nobody should be watching garden of sinners to under start the fate staynight routes. They are made by the same people but are different works
what.. i said to understand the ending of hf NOT understand stay night? it explains the ending since otherwise it would be retarded without an explanation.
Feb 8, 2022 7:00 AM
Apr 2021
eexi said:
purification1 said:
what.. i said to understand the ending of hf NOT understand stay night? it explains the ending since otherwise it would be retarded without an explanation.
you don’t need that to understand HF
Feb 8, 2022 7:13 AM

Feb 2021
purification1 said:
eexi said:
you don’t need that to understand HF
and as i said, it makes it better, not that you need it. i literally said the ending would be a little retarded to bring a character only mentioned on the wiki to provide for your ending. You're just adding shit to my explanation at this point.
Mar 17, 2022 7:29 PM

Jul 2008
This first movie was not that good as a stand alone movie. If I saw this in theaters I would have been pissed. My wife just watched it, after watching UBW and Zero (which she loved), but she hated this. Glad I waited till they were all released. This story should have been just a regular tv series, but I guess there's more money this way.
Mar 17, 2022 7:29 PM

Jul 2008
This first movie was not that good as a stand alone movie. If I saw this in theaters I would have been pissed. My wife just watched it, after watching UBW and Zero (which she loved), but she hated this. Glad I waited till they were all released. This story should have been just a regular tv series, but I guess there's more money this way.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - I. Presage Flower Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirhcnil - Oct 14, 2017

501 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 22, 1:30 AM

» Is it even rape?

SwagsOnB - Sep 1, 2023

33 by Bolona07 »»
Apr 29, 10:22 AM

» Just casual discussion

Animo_san - Oct 4, 2023

10 by Rezete_01 »»
Oct 7, 2023 6:52 AM

» Can I start with this

Homura24 - Jun 25, 2022

46 by Epiccgaymer »»
Jun 28, 2022 2:39 AM

» Is it ok to watch Fate/Zero and then this trilogy? ( 1 2 )

nbnt - May 22, 2022

86 by pepre »»
May 24, 2022 4:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.