Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 4, 2022 8:36 AM
Oct 2019
Stark700 said:
Damn, a story of tragedy and despair. This episode hits hard in the feels.

Even man tears were shed. I bet Kage wasn't prepared for a grown man to express that much gratitude to him. Looks like Boji is having a hard time letting go of the past though.
I mean can you blame Boji tbh
Feb 4, 2022 5:13 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Miranjo was responsible for the death of Bojji's mom, but she was also killed too. Then we got a look at Gigan's past in which he turned against King Desha's army after seeing his own people killed in war. King Desha decides to return to the Underworld and he took Gigan with him not as a criminal, but as member of the Order of the Underworld. Once again the village in Bosse's kingdom is once again in danger as Ouken has escaped from being captured.
Feb 4, 2022 10:51 PM

Dec 2020
miranjo killed mama bojji?? girlll whats up with you😭😭

despa and desha backstory was nice, that weirdfuck metal guy creeps me out so much
Feb 5, 2022 12:07 AM
Jan 2022
Just rewatched the episode and damn, Sheena dying while protecting Bojji and Bojji crying and wading in his own mother's blood is so hard to watch. Probably one of the most brutal deaths I've seen in anime as of late.
Feb 5, 2022 6:24 AM

Oct 2008
What a tragic past of Gigan and to his brethren!
Bojji still couldn't easily forgive Domas huh...that pretty much expected...its like trauma...
These Despa/Desha brothers have a lot of plans and knowledge huh...
oh no Prince Ouken is gonna wreck havoc again!
so they're gonna use Bojji again to match-up against Bosse while at the same time assassinate Miranjo...i wonder if that's a really good plan huh...
5/5.

Feb 5, 2022 7:00 AM
Aug 2017
That's is a comeback episode! Damn, this whole invasion plot was so messy and all of the pocket, but finally we have this shows doing what it does best! Putting the motion on the emotion and making us realise that some people are not that bad as we thought and some people are not that good person neither.

Really hope that from here now one, we keep this pace until the end.
Feb 5, 2022 7:33 AM

Jan 2022
This episode had so many brutal and disturbing scenes such as Gigan's backstory and the death of Mama Bojji, but it was the last scene of Bojji and Kage laughing and racing with each other that got me in the feels. Even after all the trauma, they are still able to find joy and laughter with each other. It really is so beautiful!
Feb 5, 2022 8:20 AM

Jul 2021
Tbh, it's been a while since I've had the feeling that no one is safe. I'm really worried for Kage and Despa. Another great episode with tragic backstories and emotionally impactful scenes.

Domas isn't forgiven yet. Well of course, I would also be terrified when I meet the person who tried to kill me.
Feb 5, 2022 10:25 AM

Apr 2016
Kyuuziel said:
Ousama ranking is back. For me this is the first eps with good quality in the 2nd cours. I hope the rest will be like this or even better.

Exactly how I feel! 14 + 15 were weak imo but this episode had an insane animation cut in comparison to the last few eps (gigan jumping up to king desha, and desha's lightning close up) + emotional backstories and great character development all around.

This is what makes Ranking of Kings so good. Hope they keep up the sakuga, feels, and greatness.
HajimeNozomiUwUFeb 5, 2022 10:31 AM
Feb 5, 2022 10:34 AM

Mar 2016
NickCipolla said:
obligatory 1/5 rating, as expected.

Agreed. This episode was downright terrible. Incredibly slow. Emotional Tugging. References Devilman but is too scared to show even mild violence.

Hopefully next episode will be good.
Feb 5, 2022 1:39 PM
Jan 2021
the tragic past of how bojji lost his mother is sad btu damn seeing marangjoi (cba on spelling her name correctly) was satisfying.
Feb 5, 2022 2:08 PM

Aug 2018
This episode, Incredible.
It was very good. The Gigan thing was great.
Now...it gets messy.
Feb 5, 2022 10:21 PM

May 2016
Decent episode, man I'm dying to know why Bosse lets miranjo kill here wife...
Feb 6, 2022 12:52 PM
Nov 2020
Now that it's confirmed that Ouken is Despa and Desha's brother that means the reason Desha is so eager to kill Miranjo is likely because he hates her for turning his sweet little brother into a monster.
Feb 7, 2022 1:01 PM
Apr 2020
yet another amazing episode, I can never seem to hold back my tears while watching this anime. I dont know if you guys will agree but I think that domas doesnt deserve forgiveness the thing he did to boji could have been avoided and if he's really did fell guilty for what he did he wouldn't have done it have done something like that to a person he cared about. hokuro though deserves the world he truly cares and cherishes bojji and I hope bojji will realize what a great person hokuro is. and one last time fuck you domes I hope you'll Rott in hell
Feb 7, 2022 10:59 PM

Feb 2019
Officially caught up on this and man I have no idea how I let this one go unseen last season. The development from all the characters, the art, the storytelling, the very real and tangible humanisation of everyone… it’s just perfection.

Can’t wait to see Miranjo get what she deserves for her treachery. Question for manga readers, will this two cour run cover everything in the story or is it still ongoing?
Feb 8, 2022 1:01 AM
Mar 2016
Aa_2005 said:
yet another amazing episode, I can never seem to hold back my tears while watching this anime. I dont know if you guys will agree but I think that domas doesnt deserve forgiveness the thing he did to boji could have been avoided and if he's really did fell guilty for what he did he wouldn't have done it have done something like that to a person he cared about. hokuro though deserves the world he truly cares and cherishes bojji and I hope bojji will realize what a great person hokuro is. and one last time fuck you domes I hope you'll Rott in hell

How do you feel about Daida?

That's one thing I find interesting is how much people hate on Domas, but forget who sent him to kill Bojji.
Feb 8, 2022 2:59 AM

Nov 2012
Man fck Manjiro and probably that devil

My Candies:

Feb 8, 2022 4:51 PM
Apr 2020

[/quote]
nutsie said:
Aa_2005 said:

How do you feel about Daida?

That's one thing I find interesting is how much people hate on Domas, but forget who sent him to kill Bojji.
oh don't worry I hate him as well, I think I might hate domas a bit more though because of how he was acting and crying like he had any right and the fact he's an adult and should be more mature no adult should be killing an innocent child just because another kid ordered him too. but other than that I despise daida its crazy to think a kid would try to kill his own brother. also im the type of person that won't change their opinion on a character even if they change and apologize or fell bad for something they did. And I hate daida for how he treated boji in the match in episode 2
Feb 8, 2022 6:38 PM

Apr 2013
needs more episodes like this one and less like the last 2-3.

so miranjo died doing a dirty deal with some random kingdom to get bojji's mom killed... and then the devil saved her.

that scene with bojji hiding under his mom was quite tragic.
Feb 9, 2022 2:05 PM
Sep 2015
Gigan: "My heart is yours, Bojji"

Gigan 30 seconds later: "Bye bye Bojji, I'm leaving with this king who exterminated my race"
Feb 10, 2022 6:41 PM

Jan 2013
What an episode! Love how Bojji manages to solve problems his own way!

Also, i am afraid for Despa, that guy is insanely strong plus he's immortal, i guess only Bojji is the one who can defeat him.
The backstory of Gigant was really good as well, pretty tragic tho.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 12, 2022 5:26 AM

Nov 2019
Seems like each episode is increasingly adding extra flashback with different characters, it's a good idea but I feel like Ousama Ranking episode 12+ just makes it to fill episodes.

Also it was peetty predictable that the immortal would break free from those ropes. I swear ropes in this series are just there to delay the enemies for a while. Happened 3 times already.
Feb 19, 2022 12:47 PM

Sep 2015
The dialogues were yet again nice and realistic, with the reaction of how Bojji reacted to Domas apologizing to him, that is something difficult to forget and get by. As it takes time.

The pacing still needs work though.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Feb 22, 2022 12:45 AM

Jan 2021
okay so basically miranjo really got bojji mom killed then also got betrayed, then why did bosse didn't do anything?? like I thought he likes bojji mom sincerely.. and he also loves bojii..

i really cant understand bosse..

well this is more realistic, even though Bojji is really kind, he cant just forgive domas like nothing happened, but i feel bad for domas tho, i hope one day bojji would be able to forgive him
Feb 24, 2022 9:34 AM

Jun 2019
We got to see Bojji's real mum and how she died and Gigan's backstory as well. Quite emotional and sad if you ask me. But, seeing that Domas wants to apologize for everything gives me relief. But, of course, it won't be easy for Bojji to forgive him that easily. Underworld King went back with his forces.
Feb 26, 2022 3:04 PM

Aug 2015
I'm happy Boji didn't immediately forgive him. Too often main characters forgive people who did something horrible to them, when logically you'd need time if your do ever end up forgiving them for what they did. The guy literally was someone Boji trusted and respected, and he chose to kill Boji. That's a whole other level of betrayal. I'm sure Boji will eventually forgive him, because he's so kindhearted, but it is something that needs time
...At least let me finish.

Mar 10, 2022 6:02 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Boji's backstory with his mom's death is truly terrifying, poor kid :'( and same for Gigan, that arrow was well deserved for Miranjo at least
Mar 11, 2022 12:24 PM

Jan 2022
Not going to lie, this episode made me tear up more than once. It really tugged at your feelings. Overall 10/10 episode! The cliffhanger was pretty intense too.
This never updates so that's cool
Mar 15, 2022 4:12 PM

Dec 2018
i think we'll find an unusual ally with the underworld. Good episode.
Mar 19, 2022 3:54 AM

Apr 2021
What a tear-jerking episode!
“Why does an apple fall when it is ripe? Is it brought down by the force of gravity? Is it because its stalk withers? Because it is dried by the sun, because it grows too heavy, or because the boy standing under the tree wants to eat it? None of these is the cause.... Every action of theirs, that seems to them an act of their own free will is in the historical sense not free at all but is bound up with the whole course of history and preordained from all eternity.”

― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Apr 2, 2022 10:06 AM
Nov 2020
Out of all the kings, Desha is the nicest. Now look at underworld being peaceful and sht
Apr 8, 2022 4:02 AM

Mar 2015
Bojji still ain't ready to forgive Domas, and who can blame him?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 1, 2022 12:54 PM

Feb 2018
So that's how Bojji's mom died huh :'(. Desha made the right choice returning back to the Underworld. Poor Hokuro being treated as a traitor when he wasnt & loved Bojj :S
Jun 24, 2022 12:37 AM

Aug 2018
blah blah blah. thats all anyone in this show ever does.
Aug 10, 2022 10:59 AM

Oct 2017
Hokuro's a really good guy, he cried cause Bojji now has a friend. One of the few people who really care for Bojji.
Sep 3, 2022 8:20 PM
Jun 2021
Absolutely disgusting show, with a disgusting fan base that is uninteresting, bland and moreover, bad. The beginning story telling was really good and after, the only thing that made me even consider to watch the show was the art. Episodes felt like they would not go by and there was a ridiculous amount of unnecessary episodes as well as GODLIKE plot armor. Miserable show in general, please don't watch if you value your time.
Sep 26, 2022 8:42 AM

Dec 2020
A good episode, especially after the disappointing last two episodes. Desha has retreated and it looks like Ouken is going to cause a lot of trouble now.
Nov 7, 2022 3:12 AM
May 2020
Solid. Fr. Bussin even. Good if you will. exemplary to overstate. reminds me of my buddy Greg.
Nov 18, 2022 11:49 PM
Dec 2020
just, the greatest, yet
Nov 18, 2022 11:59 PM
Dec 2020
[quote=JohnDoe206 message=65625891]We're back to what made Ranking of Kings so good : Emotions !

A lot happened in this episode, a lot of informations and development ..

The studio that worked on this episode is Studio Massket (Banana Fish, 7Seed, Gleipnir... etc), and they did extremely well !

Full list : https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=1580

isn't it wit? I'm confused.
Jan 3, 2023 6:38 PM
Jul 2018
Weeeeell, I guess the pacing was improved slightly in this episode. The episode was much better than the last one.

Still quite a bit of time spent at the gateway to the underworld though. Honestly they could've just combined Episode 15 and 16 into one episode.

I guess this is also the episode we find out Ouken is Desha and Despa's brother? I guess that's a cool piece of lore.

Seeing Bojji's mom dying was also pretty harrowing, but I can't really tell why she died -- I feel like the series is still deliberately being secretuve. 
Jan 12, 2023 1:48 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Can't help but like Desha man despite for what he did.
Feb 16, 2023 2:29 AM

Apr 2013
No Desha, don't leave... you made those last two episodes enjoyable ;_;
Apr 3, 2023 3:58 AM

Oct 2018
The Gigan backstory like those other 3 criminals, well, atleast the underworld troop is gone.
Apr 8, 2023 7:31 PM
Jun 2021
bojji is fr goated
YO!
Ya-yo, ya-yo!
Dreamin'! Don't give it up, Luffy!
Dreamin'! Don't give it up, Zolo!
Dreamin'! Don't give it up, Nami!
Dreamin'!
Don't give it give it up give it up give it up give it up give it up give it up give it UP!
Here's how the story goes, we find out
'bout a treasure in the Grand Line, there's no doubt
The pirate whose eye is on it, he'll sing
I'll be King of the Pirates, I'm gonna be King!
Ya-yo, ya-yo, ya-yo... oh-ho...
His name is Luffy
(That's Monkey D. Luffy!)
Gonna be king of the pirates!
He's made of rubber!
(How did that happen?)
Yo-ho-ho, he took a bite of Gum Gum!
Jun 14, 2023 6:01 AM
Jun 2021
it was wholesome and sweet
Aug 31, 2023 9:10 AM

Dec 2022
Miranjo is the worst.... well that's nothing new...
But I'm glad Bojji has so many new "friends"/allies
Mar 10, 12:23 AM
Dec 2022
damn big sad episode
nah crazy ahh episode

Desha and his fellas go bye bye

are they still evil or are they sorry idk
bojji and kage speedrun btw lmao
Ouken moment
Apr 20, 4:34 AM

Jul 2013
Looks like Miranjo was also the one who killed Bojji's mom, the bitch died too though apparently. At least her body did cause now she's in the mirror. Anyway, good on Bojji's for not forgiving that snake Domas ao easily.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2021

109 by filoshi »»
Yesterday, 3:10 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

231 by Lanz »»
May 23, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2022

224 by Lanz »»
May 23, 6:07 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2022

119 by Lanz »»
May 22, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2022

110 by Lanz »»
May 20, 11:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.