Forum Settings
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie -Rebellion-
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 24, 2022 6:02 AM

Mar 2015
After watching it again, I really liked how many parts of the story parallels with the nutcracker story and how that elucidates some of Homura's feelings.

As the nutcracker witch, she is broken and without a head; Homura unable to save Madoka, a nutcracker unable to crack nuts. Her execution represents an acceptance of the current status quo, where Madoka is erased from human existence. She pleads Madoka to toss her aside, the broken nutcracker that she is. But as Clara does in the nutcracker, Madoka fixes the nutcracker, giving hope to Homura to reach for a new solution.

And sure enough, as a nutcracker once again made whole, Homura cracks open the melon and plunges the entire world into a sweet dream, just as the nutcracker brings Clara into the doll kingdom.
Jan 25, 2022 11:09 AM

Apr 2018
MelonMilk said:
After watching it again, I really liked how many parts of the story parallels with the nutcracker story and how that elucidates some of Homura's feelings.

As the nutcracker witch, she is broken and without a head; Homura unable to save Madoka, a nutcracker unable to crack nuts. Her execution represents an acceptance of the current status quo, where Madoka is erased from human existence. She pleads Madoka to toss her aside, the broken nutcracker that she is. But as Clara does in the nutcracker, Madoka fixes the nutcracker, giving hope to Homura to reach for a new solution.

And sure enough, as a nutcracker once again made whole, Homura cracks open the melon and plunges the entire world into a sweet dream, just as the nutcracker brings Clara into the doll kingdom.

Nice opinion, I like it.
“You are not alone, Ash. I am with you. My soul is with you.” - Eiji Okumura.
May 8, 2022 11:44 AM
Dec 2016
This the type of connections I’m here for. Going to have to look more into the nut cracker story

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dimasmw - Oct 27, 2013

1044 by sharosharo »»
May 10, 2:04 AM

» Madoka Magica Rebellion is a masterpiece ( 1 2 )

JezzaC - Jan 28, 2021

65 by HigherLvLThinker »»
Aug 16, 2023 7:00 AM

» State your opinion: Did Homura REALLY do nothing wrong?

StanSayakaMiki77 - Apr 17, 2023

19 by APolygons2 »»
Jul 18, 2023 5:23 PM

» Explaining the final twist

APolygons2 - Oct 19, 2022

45 by ScionOfCyan »»
Jan 30, 2023 7:28 PM

» Plot Holes? What exactly happened between.... (movie spoilers)

Rob7 - Sep 24, 2022

18 by APolygons2 »»
Oct 19, 2022 6:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.