Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online Progressive (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 6, 2022 9:13 AM

Mar 2021
nicobashenfaggot said:
Conservati0nist said:
okay i took your advice but i didn't say that SAO is bad ya its good but i think its overrated and overhyped. I didn't mean to offend anyone but simply everyone has their own taste and opinions and i respect them all. Thats why apologised bcz i thought that SAO people will get mad at me and I did not ever said that its bad its good but i think its overrated. Thats all.
Sti if i offended you or anyone than im sorry

Overrated??????? - Have you seen the score???
overhyped
And overrated means people give it too much credit than ut should.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 6, 2022 9:21 AM
May 2021
There is nothing great about Sword art online.
Feb 7, 2022 7:04 AM
Dec 2021
Hello, can I watch this movie without watching the series?, I don't have a lot of time to watch the whole thing, and I am interested in getting into SAO.
Feb 8, 2022 10:20 AM
Jun 2019
Bikuta-san said:
Hello, can I watch this movie without watching the series?, I don't have a lot of time to watch the whole thing, and I am interested in getting into SAO.
Yep, Progressive is standalone, you can watch it regardless
Feb 9, 2022 6:32 AM
Jul 2020
Conservati0nist said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
We just love it from our deep heart like how haters hates it just for the sake of hate so that's that.

Also you cannot expect every people to have the same taste as you like how I can't expect everyone to like SAO. As long as SAO keep receiving the new content, we SAO fan happy and we don't care about rigged MAL ranking.
Jayden896 said:
Jesus SAO fans can’t have anything; one of the only fandoms to have anti-fanbase, a group of people United to hate on it. We like SAO because the plotline is interesting, characters like Asuna, Kirito, Alice, Eugeo, Quinella, snd etc are well written, good animation, and etc. why are you typing an entire essay to basically shit on a series you’ve only seen 3 episodes of? SAO fans can never like anything without people being annoying.
ya you are kind of right in but i didn't mean to offend SAO or anything i just asked whats great in it you can like it bcz everyone doesn't have the same taste there can be some people who think SAO is better than death note, hunter x Hunter, FMAB, attack on titan and so on and i respect that. If you really like it than okay i just asked whats so great about it nothing more than that and yeah i think SAO is overhyped bcz i think there are anime that beats SAO in everything I don't want argue with you neither did i wanted to offend anyone i just simply asked whats so great about it

The main appeal of SAO has always been the extremely interesting and relatable World and scenario. For most SAO lovers it is something they can imerse themselfes in very easily, they like the setting, the characters and see it as a world they feel attracted to.

Doesnt the start of the series make you think about what you would do in this exact situation the characters are thrown into? Doesnt it make you think if living in a virtual world is really that bad? Doesnt it make you interested in technology and the question of whether our society is gonna develope a nerve gear in the future and what might be different from the imiginary SAO?

Its the thought-provoking scenario that, i think, makes SAO so good.
Feb 9, 2022 9:28 PM

Jul 2016
Conservati0nist said:
nicobashenfaggot said:

Overrated??????? - Have you seen the score???
overhyped
you changing your opinions quite often it seems. And its deserved its credit. And you can see how its going strong

Feb 9, 2022 9:31 PM

Mar 2021
chriskor022 said:
Conservati0nist said:
overhyped
you changing your opinions quite often it seems. And its deserved its credit. And you can see how its going strong
how does it deserves the hype just bcz an anime has a beautiful animation it doesn't mean its good there are other things about it like story not every anime can do everything at the same time. And i think a silent voice, Your name, Weathering with you has better animation

Feb 9, 2022 9:35 PM

Jul 2016
Conservati0nist said:
chriskor022 said:
how does it deserves the hype just bcz an anime has a beautiful animation it doesn't mean its good there are other things about it like story not every anime can do everything at the same time. And i think a silent voice, Your name, Weathering with you has better animation
its has good story and better animation than other tv anime and you comparing movie to a tv anime which is stupid. And if you want to compare the ordinal scale has great action sakuga which can equal to others. And comparing romance SOL to action anime is not good because its useless

Feb 9, 2022 9:37 PM

Mar 2021
chriskor022 said:
Conservati0nist said:
its has good story and better animation than other tv anime and you comparing movie to a tv anime which is stupid. And if you want to compare the ordinal scale has great action sakuga which can equal to others. And comparing romance SOL to action anime is not good because its useless
ok violet evergarden has better animation, you said it has good story. I heard from my friends they said that sao 1st season was good but it became boring.

Feb 9, 2022 9:44 PM

Jul 2016
Conservati0nist said:
chriskor022 said:
ok violet evergarden has better animation, you said it has good story. I heard from my friends they said that sao 1st season was good but it became boring.
thats their opinion just a small minority that cant make their own and jumping bandwagon hate that these days are obsolete and their just making fun off. Boring is subjective word that has no bearing because of different preferences. And your thread shows how you baiting us fans to reply to your useless and biting to it. To show that even you drop the show and posting in movie discussion that nothing to do so but to troll is stupid move.

Feb 9, 2022 9:49 PM

Mar 2021
chriskor022 said:
Conservati0nist said:
thats their opinion just a small minority that cant make their own and jumping bandwagon hate that these days are obsolete and their just making fun off. Boring is subjective word that has no bearing because of different preferences. And your thread shows how you baiting us fans to reply to your useless and biting to it. To show that even you drop the show and posting in movie discussion that nothing to do so but to troll is stupid move.
Woww! I just can't believe it. You think sao is good thats your opinion, i think sao isn't that good how people think it that's my opinion. You have so much free time. The only reason sao is popular isn't bcz its good the reason is the game. Anime before didn't have this kind of isekai where you can literally enter into a game and play. Bcz of that nerve-gear its so popular. And you said im stupid I don't care.

Feb 9, 2022 9:55 PM

Jul 2016
Conservati0nist said:
chriskor022 said:
Woww! I just can't believe it. You think sao is good thats your opinion, i think sao isn't that good how people think it that's my opinion. You have so much free time. The only reason sao is popular isn't bcz its good the reason is the game. Anime before didn't have this kind of isekai where you can literally enter into a game and play. Bcz of that nerve-gear its so popular. And you said im stupid I don't care.
you cant believe because its the truth. And im saying your take is subjective and you are just jumping to bandwagon which is the reason you make the thread. And you saying idc but you care, thats why you want some attention even you make a poll which you want majority to say its bad but unsuccessful. Because its not worth it to hate SAO now. And you need to move on and SAO is a good story and your opinion is just no weight because you dont even watched it fully. And you basing your opinion because of your friends find it boring, which negates this whole farce of a thread. But its good to create this even its not the right forum because this is for the movie

Feb 9, 2022 10:00 PM

Mar 2021
chriskor022 said:
Conservati0nist said:
you cant believe because its the truth. And im saying your take is subjective and you are just jumping to bandwagon which is the reason you make the thread. And you saying idc but you care, thats why you want some attention even you make a poll which you want majority to say its bad but unsuccessful. Because its not worth it to hate SAO now. And you need to move on and SAO is a good story and your opinion is just no weight because you dont even watched it fully. And you basing your opinion because of your friends find it boring, which negates this whole farce of a thread. But its good to create this even its not the right forum because this is for the movie
ah about the attention thing i don't need any attention from people from an online platform. I just made it actually i was going to make this on the series but miscalculated also i don't have the time to watch sao

Feb 9, 2022 10:05 PM

Jul 2016
Conservati0nist said:
chriskor022 said:
ah about the attention thing i don't need any attention from people from an online platform. I just made it actually i was going to make this on the series but miscalculated also i don't have the time to watch sao
you create a thread about that is attention seeking. And you create at movie discussion that you dont even watched, so its worse than baiting because that is people watched the series to troll because they have much free time. And yes before making this baity thread you need to watch the whole thing because your thread has bias to hate and no room for discussion. Its becoming a echo chamber of haters that attract this whole thing. So if you want to see what is great about it. My advice is watched the whole SAO anime it has 100 episodes and multiple movies planned

Feb 9, 2022 10:11 PM

Mar 2021
chriskor022 said:
Conservati0nist said:
you create a thread about that is attention seeking. And you create at movie discussion that you dont even watched, so its worse than baiting because that is people watched the series to troll because they have much free time. And yes before making this baity thread you need to watch the whole thing because your thread has bias to hate and no room for discussion. Its becoming a echo chamber of haters that attract this whole thing. So if you want to see what is great about it. My advice is watched the whole SAO anime it has 100 episodes and multiple movies planned
ah than everyone who create threads want attention. Also i don't have much free time like so yeah that was my fault im stupid im dumb i want attention and so on what you said. I don't have time to watch an anime with 100 episode which isn't even my top priority. Now don't tell me to make sao my top priority over AOT, mob psycho

Feb 9, 2022 10:35 PM

Jul 2016
Conservati0nist said:
chriskor022 said:
ah than everyone who create threads want attention. Also i don't have much free time like so yeah that was my fault im stupid im dumb i want attention and so on what you said. I don't have time to watch an anime with 100 episode which isn't even my top priority. Now don't tell me to make sao my top priority over AOT, mob psycho
because of not proper to create threads in the movie that you dont even watch. Its easy to assume that you want attention and me and others gave it to you. Thats the problem you dont have cared to watch but you care to create this useless thread in the movie forum when it has TV series. I dont even said that this is your priority, I just said that you dont have clue what you are saying when you dont even watch the entirety of it. And you are stupid enough to ask why it is popular and labeling overrated and overhyped are you living in the rock it past its popularity. Its stable now

Feb 9, 2022 10:37 PM

Mar 2021
chriskor022 said:
Conservati0nist said:
because of not proper to create threads in the movie that you dont even watch. Its easy to assume that you want attention and me and others gave it to you. Thats the problem you dont have cared to watch but you care to create this useless thread in the movie forum when it has TV series. I dont even said that this is your priority, I just said that you dont have clue what you are saying when you dont even watch the entirety of it. And you are stupid enough to ask why it is popular and labeling overrated and overhyped are you living in the rock it past its popularity. Its stable now
yes im stupid enough that i don't care. I will delete this forum. Btw how to delete a forum.

Feb 9, 2022 10:57 PM

Jul 2016
Conservati0nist said:
chriskor022 said:
yes im stupid enough that i don't care. I will delete this forum. Btw how to delete a forum.
you cant delete the forum but mod can locked, but these past days they dont bother

Feb 9, 2022 11:00 PM

Mar 2021
chriskor022 said:
Conservati0nist said:
you cant delete the forum but mod can locked, but these past days they dont bother
ok
Tell me some LN i can read. And lets forget about this thread i forgot about this a long time ago so you should too. And lets be friend.

Feb 18, 2022 12:07 PM
Feb 2022
Conservati0nist said:
Well im apologizing to every SAO fan if i offend them with this but im seeing this since i started watching anime that people really love SAO but whats so great about it. Maybe its good because i didn't watch the sword art online that much only 3 episodes maybe i didn't really find anything worthwhile and i lost my mood than dropped it. If you really wanna watch a romance isn't there other romance anime that are better than it also more better action anime theres even better isekai ni matter what i really can't see any reason for it to get this much hype i think its overrated. Ok i don't wanna write much but whenever a new series or movie comes of SAO people becomes really excited and SAO gets a hype. Is it really worth the hype. Most of the anime of SAO have a score of less than 8 some even have 6 score. The new movie came out maybe its good it has good score and maybe its good. I already said at first that im not someone to talk about because i didn't watch SAO. Sorry if i anyone by saying these things. But really I don't think its that great.
SAO is not great anime but still worth to watch it So Many Isekai Anime are not caming to season 2 that why SAO came new season Fan are exicited and then SAO are Not Pure Action or Romance Anime Like Overlord,Log Horizon And Accel World. Don't compare with Death Note,AOT,HxH they are not Same type if u don't like Overlord,Log Horizon And Accelworld is not strange you don't like SAO.
Feb 21, 2022 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
Conservati0nist said:
Well im apologizing to every SAO fan if i offend them with this but im seeing this since i started watching anime that people really love SAO but whats so great about it. Maybe its good because i didn't watch the sword art online that much only 3 episodes maybe i didn't really find anything worthwhile and i lost my mood than dropped it. If you really wanna watch a romance isn't there other romance anime that are better than it also more better action anime theres even better isekai ni matter what i really can't see any reason for it to get this much hype i think its overrated. Ok i don't wanna write much but whenever a new series or movie comes of SAO people becomes really excited and SAO gets a hype. Is it really worth the hype. Most of the anime of SAO have a score of less than 8 some even have 6 score. The new movie came out maybe its good it has good score and maybe its good. I already said at first that im not someone to talk about because i didn't watch SAO. Sorry if i anyone by saying these things. But really I don't think its that great.

tbh dude i have seen many "Romance" anime where the love interests do not even approach anything like Kirito And Asuna, Hell 99% of Romance anime the love interests don't even get together and then 99.99999% of romance anime the "Love Interests" never share a kiss or anything physical, It says a lot when an Action Fantasy anime like SAO that's main focus isnt even romance actually explores romance much deeper than as previously stated 99% of of romance animes out there. and another thing you said was that the show is "overrated" its without question the most DESPISED anime out there so that statement is just impossible....
Feb 21, 2022 8:48 AM

Mar 2021
MickDH said:
Conservati0nist said:

tbh dude i have seen many "Romance" anime where the love interests do not even approach anything like Kirito And Asuna, Hell 99% of Romance anime the love interests don't even get together and then 99.99999% of romance anime the "Love Interests" never share a kiss or anything physical, It says a lot when an Action Fantasy anime like SAO that's main focus isnt even romance actually explores romance much deeper than as previously stated 99% of of romance animes out there. and another thing you said was that the show is "overrated" its without question the most DESPISED anime out there so that statement is just impossible....
Kiss and getting physically close isn't the only thing in a romance anime

Feb 21, 2022 11:47 AM
Jul 2018
Conservati0nist said:
MickDH said:

no but it makes it realistic as that is what c
Conservati0nist said:
MickDH said:

I'm personally not a fan of seeing two characters who are supposedly "in love" struggle to announce their feelings for 200 episodes, it just isn't realistic but I guess this is anime and they over complicate and exaggerate things to the max so if its your cup of tea then fair play, Id rather them crack on with it and have the show focused on the relationship itself as opposed to just hours and hours of "Will they?"
Mar 30, 2022 1:29 AM
Jul 2012
Regardless of whether or not you enjoyed Sword Art Online, it was a trailblazer and will go down in the Anime Hall of Fame. This anime paved way for the isekai genre to prosper. SAO is honestly one of the better isekais in contrast to most we see today. i.e. We don't speak about the second half of the first season.
jjrocks24Apr 13, 2022 4:44 PM
Mar 30, 2022 9:30 AM

Jul 2021
HeDD3n said:

these threads are pointless, if you dont like it just move on
Mar 30, 2022 9:34 AM

Mar 2021
vampirenazuna said:
HeDD3n said:

these threads are pointless, if you dont like it just move on
that's what i'm doing i forgot about this thread a long time ago

Apr 16, 2022 3:04 AM
Apr 2015
A couple of gems worth quoting that were missed in the midst of calling-each-other-dumb shouting. Love it or hate it, SAO is incredibly influential - arguably we are still in its era.

Tharuth said:
The anime’s just okay/good (depending on arc if I’m being frank); sure there’s issues; but it’s definitely not lower than a 5/10 by any metric for people who actually watch their fair share of anime.

The LNs on the other hand are actually pretty good/great (admittedly upto LN 9, the writing is kinda shoddy), and for Alicization onwards and Progressive, you’d be hard pressed to find anyone that’s actually read it to disagree it’s bare minimum a 7-8.

The anime cuts fuck tons of content and exposition, mis-portrays Kirito, up-plays harem aspects which simply aren’t written that way (ie. Sinon’s introduction to Asuna, Alice and Kirito’s interactions as vegetable, etc. to the point where anime-onlies genuinely believe Alice is in love with Kirito) to the detriment of the KiriAsu dynamic (which is a major focal point, and gets shafted time, and time again), and is all around a mediocre adaptation; I’m not gonna lie and say it’s a bad adaptation, it gets “most” major plot points down, and does it reasonably well, and action scenes are second only to really Wit or ufotable (and MAPPA, but only some of them); but a good chunk is cut and not properly explored; Alicization is pretty brutal in this regard, bastardizing nearly all the characters, both major and minor). The adaptation is lacking and it shows.

As for why it got popular, nothing was better suited for success than a story about living in a digital world at the height of the VR craze, mark that with Crunchy’s introduction into the streaming space, riding the coattails of SAO’s success in the LN market and marketing it to the West and boom, you have a springboard.

Most of the criticism, I find, comes due to a failure of expectations to properly execute it’s premise (in the Aincrad stage); which I understand, but it also needs to be said that most of SAO is filled in through it’s side stories, it’s written as a one shot, and it shows. LN 1 (and the WN) is basically written as Kirito and Klein meet, introduction to Kayaba’s plot, then fast forward to F74 and Kirito finding the Ragout Rabbit; then 74 bossfight, Kuradeel intro, Heathcliff fight, Kuradeel K, marriage, then boom F75 boss fight. Everything from Sachi, Liz, Silica and even Yui, is added in via side stories. It feels disjointed, because it ultimately is. Pretty much everything is added after the fact. (Also, to note, the anime misportrays Kirito and Asuna’s relationship in that Griselda/MitSZ side story

This is where Progressive comes in, it’s a revisit into Aincrad Floor by Floor, like what the fans truly envisioned with SAO’s premise (one thing to note, is Reki has so far taken care not to retcon any major events thus far (such as Kirito joining the MBC, and Asuna joining the KoB), it’s considered canon and not a reboot.

I think that’s the best way to kinda describe SAO as a whole; basically anime = okay, LNs = good; it’s popular because right place, right time; and is undoubtedly one of the most influential series of all time, or at least the 2010’s. Without SAO, you may not have your KonoSubas, Re: ZEROs or Mushoku Tenseis, being produced.

jjrocks24 said:
Regardless of whether or not you enjoyed Sword Art Online, it was a trailblazer and will go down in the Anime Hall of Fame. This anime paved way for the isekai genre to prosper. SAO is honestly one of the better isekais in contrast to most we see today. i.e. We don't speak about the second half of the first season.

Apr 16, 2022 2:41 PM
Jan 2020
boukendesho said:
A couple of gems worth quoting that were missed in the midst of calling-each-other-dumb shouting. Love it or hate it, SAO is incredibly influential - arguably we are still in its era.

Tharuth said:
The anime’s just okay/good (depending on arc if I’m being frank); sure there’s issues; but it’s definitely not lower than a 5/10 by any metric for people who actually watch their fair share of anime.

The LNs on the other hand are actually pretty good/great (admittedly upto LN 9, the writing is kinda shoddy), and for Alicization onwards and Progressive, you’d be hard pressed to find anyone that’s actually read it to disagree it’s bare minimum a 7-8.

The anime cuts fuck tons of content and exposition, mis-portrays Kirito, up-plays harem aspects which simply aren’t written that way (ie. Sinon’s introduction to Asuna, Alice and Kirito’s interactions as vegetable, etc. to the point where anime-onlies genuinely believe Alice is in love with Kirito) to the detriment of the KiriAsu dynamic (which is a major focal point, and gets shafted time, and time again), and is all around a mediocre adaptation; I’m not gonna lie and say it’s a bad adaptation, it gets “most” major plot points down, and does it reasonably well, and action scenes are second only to really Wit or ufotable (and MAPPA, but only some of them); but a good chunk is cut and not properly explored; Alicization is pretty brutal in this regard, bastardizing nearly all the characters, both major and minor). The adaptation is lacking and it shows.

As for why it got popular, nothing was better suited for success than a story about living in a digital world at the height of the VR craze, mark that with Crunchy’s introduction into the streaming space, riding the coattails of SAO’s success in the LN market and marketing it to the West and boom, you have a springboard.

Most of the criticism, I find, comes due to a failure of expectations to properly execute it’s premise (in the Aincrad stage); which I understand, but it also needs to be said that most of SAO is filled in through it’s side stories, it’s written as a one shot, and it shows. LN 1 (and the WN) is basically written as Kirito and Klein meet, introduction to Kayaba’s plot, then fast forward to F74 and Kirito finding the Ragout Rabbit; then 74 bossfight, Kuradeel intro, Heathcliff fight, Kuradeel K, marriage, then boom F75 boss fight. Everything from Sachi, Liz, Silica and even Yui, is added in via side stories. It feels disjointed, because it ultimately is. Pretty much everything is added after the fact. (Also, to note, the anime misportrays Kirito and Asuna’s relationship in that Griselda/MitSZ side story

This is where Progressive comes in, it’s a revisit into Aincrad Floor by Floor, like what the fans truly envisioned with SAO’s premise (one thing to note, is Reki has so far taken care not to retcon any major events thus far (such as Kirito joining the MBC, and Asuna joining the KoB), it’s considered canon and not a reboot.

I think that’s the best way to kinda describe SAO as a whole; basically anime = okay, LNs = good; it’s popular because right place, right time; and is undoubtedly one of the most influential series of all time, or at least the 2010’s. Without SAO, you may not have your KonoSubas, Re: ZEROs or Mushoku Tenseis, being produced.

jjrocks24 said:

HOW IS THIS THREAD STILL GOING LOL, (and thank you for the lil shout-out hehe <3
May 8, 2022 4:01 AM
Mar 2021
Claymore_Ranbu said:
Njiiing said:
I don't really know what to say man..but like, if u don't like a certain show then why bother continue? Ur just wasting ur time like go fucking watch other shows instead.

Also funny how u say that 'there are other better isekais' when you have yet to watch any isekais at all
yep bcz i Don't like isekai in the first place but i consider other isekai better than it bcz the fight scene were good and for me thats a crucial part if im watching an anime which have action.
bruh name a single isekai with better action than sao? Alicization has ufotable fate series level action. Maybe get some information before you rant false facts?
Jun 7, 2022 5:10 AM
Jan 2017
what's so great about Naruto or maybe HxH it's all trash for me
Jun 28, 2022 10:19 AM

Mar 2016
How can you ask about this ? - the target audience is underage nerds, and since there are most of them in the Internet - overhyped rating.
Jul 8, 2022 8:59 AM
Apr 2022
People like battle royale / survival theme show, and people like video games. What else is there to get lol? The show is fun because it's very easy to self-insert. Everyone who plays video game has always wonder what it would be like if they live in the world of their favorite RPG. The premise is fun and if the fact that it has a lot of classic dumb harem in the show doesn't bother you, it's actually pretty okay show. And this is also why people liked the first part of SAO, and everything after the the death game in Aincard is much less liked by the audience.

If either of those things interest you, or you just don't like how things are combined and depicted in the show , then it's okay. But if you just want to spend all day trying to criticize how a show is overhyped, we can all do this every single day all day long for every single show to have ever existed. Truth is every single show ever existed including the top 10 on MAL has had people who didn't like it as much as others, and in their eyes that show is overhyped and overrated. I don't like how Takagi san is all dick tease and no progression, and why people like the show when MC is dumb as a brick, and I personally don't see the appeal of it. But that's fine, because other people had a lot of fun with that show.

Everything in this world is trash if you try hard enough to hate everything. So have a nice day and just chill, instead of trying to start something in a forum for a reboot OVA movie of a show that you didn't even touch because you wanted to try to prove a point that your taste is much more unique and exquisite than us normies out there. Sure go ahead. We will all grow up someday and realize none of these arguments about why other people love what I hate are meaningful in anyway.
whitebagelxyzJul 8, 2022 9:03 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Progressive Movie - Hoshi Naki Yoru no Aria Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Oct 29, 2021

255 by Krackle »»
May 15, 1:50 AM

» Can you watch this without watching the original anime?

Strat2005 - Jan 13

11 by Sara_Karma »»
Jan 14, 10:39 PM

» How dare they???

Haroldinho07 - Jun 23, 2023

25 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:27 AM

» Comparison Scene

ClubAnimeYT - Jul 13, 2022

5 by hacker09 »»
Jun 20, 2023 12:07 AM

» To anyone who don't know what SAO-P is and to those who didn't like the show and wanted a well written version of the show. I'll try to clear any doubts about the show. ( 1 2 )

Anayan_Kashyap - Sep 20, 2021

56 by hacker09 »»
Jun 19, 2023 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.