Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 17, 2022 10:39 PM
Jan 2021
Ok so before answering me, I want you to read my comment completely.
So I have watched 2006 version like a year ago and seriously I hated that shit.
So my question is how much does this anime differ.
Like I have no problem with animation of 2006 but my problems of 2006 version are these-
1) the story idea was good but overall story was predictable and kinda boring 6.5/10 so how much does story differ , if it's only changes are minor with changes in winning girl and better animation then I will not prefer to watch it.
As I am the type of person who hate to watch same thing again.
2) does mc get any better because I really hated him even more than future diary mc.
And side characters were also annoying except 1-2 people.
So as I have mentioned before I am the type who hate rewatching so should I bother with this or not.
Like I know it's better in implementation and animation and I want to know to which degree the story differ.
And is there someone who hated 2006 version but liked this version.
Jan 17, 2022 10:52 PM
Aug 2021
Gabbar101 said:
Like I have no problem with animation of 2006 but my problems of 2006 version are these-
1) the story idea was good but overall story was predictable and kinda boring 6.5/10 so how much does story differ , if it's only changes are minor with changes in winning girl and better animation then I will not prefer to watch it.
2) does mc get any better because I really hated him even more than future diary mc.
So as I have mentioned before I am the type who hate rewatching so should I bother with this or not.
Like I know it's better in implementation and animation and I want to know to which degree the story differ.
Just the first part is somewhat similar but this one is a lot better, but I think you would like Heaven’s Feel , it’s a darker route and the best imo, watch this and then watch HF movies and I almost assure you’ll like them
Jan 17, 2022 10:52 PM

Jan 2017
Gabbar101 said:

The two Anime start almost exactly the same.
But from Episode 3 onward , more and more details start to differ , leading to almost a completely different "story" in the 2nd Season.
It's adapted from a Visual Novel , so each Route focus a different character.
Unlimited Blade Works focus on Archer , which makes it more Action/Psychology-oriented than the first.

The overall story is still predictable , and the plot twist of this Route is also figureable if you were attentive during the 2006 Anime. (If you were not you could get a very interesting plot twist)
But this Route is like a head-up for the Heaven's Feel one , which is not predictable at the point you actually are.

Shirô does get better in this Route , but there isn't that much difference in my opinion.
A lot of people hate the 2006 Anime for various reasons , but the most common is definetely the Animation nowadays.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jan 17, 2022 10:53 PM

Jul 2015
It adapts completely different route.

Jan 17, 2022 10:55 PM

Sep 2020
Gabbar101 said:

Different route, FSN 2006 is focused to the Introduction of HGW4 explanation and obviously the heroine focused more to Saber or Arthuria which is literally the name of the Route (Fate route/Saber route). Like the UBW FSN with the route name "Unlimited Blade Works" or "Tohsaka Rin route" which focuses on Shiro's development, or also in Heavens Feelwhich focuses on explaining the Matou family who joined HGW4 but actually didn't.
Every living being is a slave to something.
Askeladd, Vinland Saga.
Jan 17, 2022 10:59 PM
Oct 2021
Pretty sizable difference.
I never hated the 2006 Fate/stay night, but I wasn’t the biggest fan of it either.
Of course, it has the same characters, but the story is an entirely different ride after the first few episodes (it’s a different route of the same visual novel, which is the source material). I’m not sure what you’ll think, but I liked Unlimited Blade Works much better.

Fujimura-sensei still annoying tho. Like the 2006, I think everyone just forgets about Sakura at some point. The point is, I still have gripes and things I don’t like… but I rated Unlimited Blade Works 8/10 for a reason.

TLDR: Same characters and motivations, story takes a much, much different turn. 2006 was like 5.6/10 for me but UBW is 8.3 in my opinion (that said, I’m not the harshest critic).
If you have any questions as for specifics, feel free to ask.
Jan 17, 2022 11:05 PM
Jul 2021
Alright so as a huge Fate fan who hates the 2006 version I may sound somewhat biased in my answer but putting that aside… As far as the story goes it starts out very similar but differs and shows it’s highlights after episode three. The sorry gets much less predictable from there I myself had a hard time figuring out or guessing what was going to happen. There are some nice twists and fun little lore easter eggs but if you don’t care for those little things then over all the story is pretty decent and levels out nicely towards the end with the Epilogue episode. Animation has always been Fates strong suit and this is obviously no different. The fights scenes are literally astonishing to watch even if it’s on a tiny phone screen. I won’t spend too much time talking about animation considering you said you didn’t mind the animation from the 2006 version but it is better. The main character(s) have very slow development in their personalities but it is there and prominent. A few events in the middle of the anime take Shiro’s personality and mindset and kind of turn it on its back. However the cringey and flat dialogue does not make an appearance. The side characters are shown much more attention and seem much more fleshed out development wise. However their personalities are relatively similar. Overall the 2015 anime is so so much better when you compare it to its original 2006 version. You will have a decent time watching it if you like fantasy action anime.
Jan 17, 2022 11:06 PM
Jul 2018
There are enough changes in the story that I don't think watching it will be a problem. The improved animation and sound quality is a nice bonus. I didn't hate the 2006 version but i did find it mediocre. I remember actually liking UBW.
Jan 17, 2022 11:19 PM
Sep 2021
In my opinion the 2006 version is trash idk why its so boring, i always thinking i'm gonna dropped this fate series, but now i'm getting love watching it:)
Jan 18, 2022 12:13 AM

Mar 2020
Gabbar101 said:
extremely different, they are different routes of the vn, so they have a similar beginning but the series changes dramatically starting with the first clash between Saber and Archer. I can't explain how it is different with out spoiling so you'll have to watch to find out

Jan 18, 2022 12:26 AM

Jan 2021
completely different.
this is an entirely different timeline. you'll have the same characters, but in completely different circumstances. The similarities end after the Saber summoning scene in the shed. That's basically the first two episodes.

As for the MC, you were forced to shove his personality and mindset down your throat in 2006, but in UBW, you'll actually see where he's coming from. Definitely a lot better. Gets even better in Heaven's Feel, I might add.
Jan 18, 2022 2:13 AM
Jul 2019
if you hated it that much you absolutely should not bother continuing the series as in my opinion 2006 was the best part of fate. Yes the animation may be good in ubw and heavens feel but its story is horrible. The only good part of ubw and hf was the end of season 1 of ubw and hf 2.
Jan 18, 2022 3:39 AM

Mar 2011
Once it gets going, it's like a completely different show. I too hated the original, but absolutely loved this.

If you enjoyed Fate/Zero, then you'll like this as well.
Jan 19, 2022 11:35 AM
May 2021
It is a different story and the second season just gets better and better oh and the ending completely different
Jan 19, 2022 2:59 PM

Jan 2020
UBW was my favourite in the Fate series. Heaven’s Feel is just too depressing

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by oilapqoi »»
May 15, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.