Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 3, 2022 2:42 PM
Jan 2022
I'm someone who have watched the anemie like 5-6 times and read the manga twice.

(The whole topic is somehow a spoiler)

Something I've noticed that inspite of the fact that Akagi is considered the top center in Kanagawa region (this was mentioned several times across the show), but when it comes to the matches, or the moments we've witnessed in the matches: Akagi wasn't that good in fact.

Against Shoyo he looked very dumb against Hanagata. They obviously showed us that Hanagata is superior to him.

Against Ryonan, Akagi was a big disappointment in the first 10 minutes. Okay I understand that he's a human and was afraid of the injury getting worse, but in the absence of coach Anzai it wasn't a very good way of showing Akagi who is supposed to be a great leader with a very confident character.

Against Sannoh in the manga, Akagi looked very weak in comparison to their center (damn forgot his name). Okay I understand he's the best center in Japan but that doesn't mean that Akagi has to look like a child in front of him.

Don't you think there's some contradiction in the way Akagi appeared in the show and the way they talked about him?
Jan 5, 2022 11:15 AM

Dec 2020
Maybe he was called the best center in the district based on what he did in the previous years, as he was carring alone the whole team?
And as he doesnt need to be the main star of the team, he focuses on leading the team rather than score points. Further more, all of the teams they played had very strong centers(besides kainan i think) so its only natural that he would look bad sometimes. At least thats what i think
Jan 8, 2022 7:55 AM

Aug 2020
I agree with the user above. He really carried the team prior to Sakuragi and Rukawa joining the team, and Miyagi and Mitsui returning. That quite possibly cemented his status as a great center.

Also, I think it's been emphasized in the Ryonan match wherein he now has solid teammates to rely on without him taking all the burden to himself. But yeah tbh he could have done better lol. He's still a great character though imo.

More topics from this board

» I don't like sports in general

mydaddy - May 17

9 by Dragon456hon »»
May 21, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Slam Dunk Episode 101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zerachroma - Mar 24, 2008

79 by oikawaprai »»
May 4, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Slam Dunk Episode 46 Discussion

Jawaese - Jul 31, 2011

28 by kudzuken »»
May 2, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Slam Dunk Episode 84 Discussion

Zerachroma - Mar 24, 2008

41 by oikawaprai »»
May 2, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Slam Dunk Episode 95 Discussion

ember-moon - Jul 12, 2013

6 by bucciest »»
Apr 25, 10:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.