Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 22, 2021 6:44 AM

Mar 2021
Just watched till episode 13, and I've been wondering, what's even the goal of taiga's father, he showed up once a year back and then left, and did the same again, what was even his objective behind all of this, was to just pass some time and use taiga to humor or entertain him or what,I know he was very insensitive about her and her needs and feelings and never straight up apologized and even took her money away, and ditched her twice ,so I'm not taking his side or anything..., But could anyone answer my prior question?

Also, kind of a random question, but, do you guys think it's possible IRL that some dad could potentially act like this without actually having ill wishes and just being very insensitive and unlucky because of work?
Dec 22, 2021 7:28 AM
Nov 2021
I think it could be possible for the work times to be bad enough for him to rarely see her while she's there. But he'd have to actually be pretty douchebaggy to be that insensitive to her tho. Or just hella dumb, thinking that it would be better for her.

I haven't seen it for awhile so I could be forgetting things
Dec 22, 2021 7:36 AM

Sep 2018
The guy pays for everything Taiga does, and for her large apartment so I do not think her dad is that bad at all. Some jobs you have no choice but to have work grind. I think Taiga`s dad was mostly used as a excuse to dump some backstory on Taiga, and an excuse for Ryuji to get closer to her.
Dec 22, 2021 10:09 AM

Jul 2021
You ever start going to the gym and then stop after a month? I guess it is something like that.
Dec 22, 2021 1:47 PM
Jun 2013
Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I'm gonna assume none of you have had the dead beat dad figure. I didn't either, but my father did. How this show captured that in a wealthy environment was actually pretty accurate. Basically the dude isn't mature enough to be there for his daughter, so he sends her money, thinking that makes up for his absence. He realizes over time that he's not there like he should be for her. So out of shame, he comes back around spends some time, plays the "father" part, makes himself feel all good, then once he feels good enough, he disappears again, thinking he did enough of the "father" thing to make up for lost time. Basically he came back around to make himself feel good about himself. Hope this helps!!
Dec 23, 2021 12:02 AM

Mar 2021
dmoney1992 said:
Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I'm gonna assume none of you have had the dead beat dad figure. I didn't either, but my father did. How this show captured that in a wealthy environment was actually pretty accurate. Basically the dude isn't mature enough to be there for his daughter, so he sends her money, thinking that makes up for his absence. He realizes over time that he's not there like he should be for her. So out of shame, he comes back around spends some time, plays the "father" part, makes himself feel all good, then once he feels good enough, he disappears again, thinking he did enough of the "father" thing to make up for lost time. Basically he came back around to make himself feel good about himself. Hope this helps!!

This did,thanks for the explanation 👍
Dec 23, 2021 3:28 AM
Jun 2013
KruxKnight said:
dmoney1992 said:

KruxKnight said:
dmoney1992 said:

No problem bro! It was definitely kind of low key and not something everyone was gonna get. Anyone who did probably got more angry at Taiga's dad than the rest did. I remember fantasizing about knocking the bastard out when he decided to disappear without a word again. I don't know if you ever watched Fresh Prince of Bel Air, but it was just like that episode with his dad coming back around.
Dec 23, 2021 9:51 AM
Jan 2021
dmoney1992 said:

I'll take your word this, fits the story and all, pretty believable, thank you
Dec 23, 2021 9:54 AM

Aug 2018
IhnalakoKaina said:
You ever start going to the gym and then stop after a month? I guess it is something like that.

this is the perfect analogy. Good job.
Dec 24, 2021 5:47 AM
Feb 2021
Tiaga and her step-mother didn't get along, which is why Tiaga moved out. When Tiaga's Father had a falling out with her step-mother/his wife that's when he decided he had time for his daughter after all, as soon as he made up with his wife he went back to her leaving Tiaga alone.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.