Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2021 8:32 AM

Nov 2011
Seems the episode tried to build more with Takeru and Kasumi's relationship through some simple means.

It an okay episode, pacing felt a bit dragged. On the other hand, I'm curious more about Takeru's next missions...
Nov 17, 2021 8:34 AM
Oct 2020
I hate this episode for the sole reason of shitgiri having any screentime at all
Nov 17, 2021 8:49 AM
Nov 2014
Huh. Sumika's VA isn't that bad, at least from this little interaction we had here. The shot angles in the lab scene in the first half were strange at times.
At least Kasumi is getting the attention and development, too bad it's at the cost of all the other girls, including Best Girl™ Meiya...
Nov 17, 2021 9:35 AM
Oct 2020
Average episode overall, they are taking their time to develop Sumika & Kasumi.

Several frames caused me quite a laugh, looking forward to the memes.
Nov 17, 2021 10:11 AM

Jul 2019
It's odd that Kasumi gets so much screen time but the other girls don't, weird pacing so far...

Anyway from the next episode things will get spicy so i hope they don't rush anything.
Nov 17, 2021 10:35 AM

Feb 2019
Kasumi characterisation was much appreciated. Love her. Really nice scene with she and Takeru at the end there. Looking forward to see where things go from here with them
Nov 17, 2021 11:43 AM

Sep 2014
Lack of facial expressions and iffy animation aside, this episode did a lot of things right, especially when it comes to Kasumi.
Nov 17, 2021 12:02 PM

Jan 2009
Kasumi is Sumika right thats where they are leading it at the moment

and a rebellion is coming up
Nov 17, 2021 12:19 PM
Apr 2021
For better or worse they are being very faithful to the VN in these episodes, Kasumi, Yuuko etc. generally gets a lot more screentime in this part of the game, because you already spent 2 full games with the main girls. The main problem here is for first time watchers, it does seem that the other girls are getting neglected as a result, even if this is more or less exactly how it was in the VN too.

Overall another good episode I think, we are getting close to the story truly kicking in to gear, excited to see how they handle it.
Nov 17, 2021 2:38 PM
Jan 2019
An alright episode. Animation has taken a significant step back and I really hope they will improve some of this in the Blu Ray releases but the pacing - which I find more important - is still pretty comfortable. I'm glad they're taking some more time for the less exciting and action focussed moments.
Nov 17, 2021 7:03 PM

Jun 2014
Ok no.

Even after having read the VN this pacing is atrocious. It's not even the event themselves but how they paced the event. We start with blazing through the events in the beginning, to a relatively slow middle and then blazing even faster in the end. The sudden cut to the imperial POV and Takeru was extremely jarring in the latter part too.

I didn't find a single good part in this episode. This legitimately felt like the worst episode yet. The art is also shaky as heck so I wish they could just get to the 3d scenes already.
Nov 17, 2021 9:19 PM

Feb 2016
To think I had almost forgotten Muv-Luv's insufferable preaching.
その目だれの目?
Nov 18, 2021 5:32 AM

Jul 2017
An episode where a lot of things are taking place.

The war is gone with the BETA, and Takeru's conversation with Sumika at least feels somewhat consistent...if he were to time-travel to his original world.

So Kasumi was an esper to help deduce the BETA in the Alternative project, but all that effort went to waste. Even more damning is that Takeru didn't really consider the wellbeings of others and only is concerned about his.

Seeing Sumika within Kasumi, Takeru taking time off to console Kasumi and tell her his story, that's somewhat compelling. But when he brings it to the squadron's attention, that's where things get ugly.

While there isn't much action, the animation is iffy at best. Just not really sure of this direction...
Nov 18, 2021 8:33 AM

Nov 2017
*Randy Jackson voice* Yeah, that's gonna be a "No" for me, dawg.

Sorry, Takeru. For some reason there are scenes where you look alright and others where you just look like you came outta Battle Arena Toshinden on the PS1 (in these times?) lol.

It's nice seeing Sumika get more screen time, but the scene with her didn't do anything for me. It didn't really capture the emotion like it was supposed to.

&++ they really couldn't adapt my favourite character's line to end the epiosde? C'mon!

Nov 18, 2021 8:55 AM

Jul 2019
Starchaser said:

&++ they really couldn't adapt my favourite character's line to end the epiosde? C'mon!

Lmaooo, did she say that in the VN as well? I don't remember.
Nov 18, 2021 10:07 AM

Nov 2017
Fax001s said:
Starchaser said:

Lmaooo, did she say that in the VN as well? I don't remember.
Naw, she doesn't unfortunately
Nov 18, 2021 11:34 AM

May 2018
So, is Ayame a member of that so called "Anti Alternative group" in Japan????
Nov 19, 2021 6:42 PM
Feb 2015
KANLen09 said:
An episode where a lot of things are taking place.

The war is gone with the BETA, and Takeru's conversation with Sumika at least feels somewhat consistent...if he were to time-travel to his original world.

So Kasumi was an esper to help deduce the BETA in the Alternative project, but all that effort went to waste. Even more damning is that Takeru didn't really consider the wellbeings of others and only is concerned about his.

Seeing Sumika within Kasumi, Takeru taking time off to console Kasumi and tell her his story, that's somewhat compelling. But when he brings it to the squadron's attention, that's where things get ugly.

While there isn't much action, the animation is iffy at best. Just not really sure of this direction...

War is gone? More like there was no war with BETA in Takeru's original world.
Dec 25, 2021 1:40 PM

Mar 2010
The lad is just not interesting lolz. To much screen time for him.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 12, 2022 11:55 AM

Jul 2008
So now what there is a government coup?
Jan 27, 2022 2:32 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This episode did a lot for the drama. Kasumi was great this episode, reminded me again why I came to find her so adorable, a long time ago.

Thus far, this adaptation is far better than what the score would say, and I really don't understand how people can rate this soo badly, even if not perfect, they are doing a decent job with what they choose to adapt, it is far from boring, and for a fan, seeing everything come to life is just great.

Too many anime to count, where I had a much less enjoyable experience watching them, rather much higher than this, I consider myself a big MLA fan, but even I feel ashamed to see the treatment so fans have given to this.

Comparing it to other VN adaptations: https://myanimelist.net/anime/4896/Umineko_no_Naku_Koro_ni

Umineko crammed 80+ hours in 26 episodes, we are getting 39 episodes (most likely) for MLA to be adapted, and the direction can be solid, make good usage of the ost and the fights like ep5 were just amazing...

How is MLA S1 rated much poorly than Umineko, and much WORST adaptation?!
Jan 29, 2022 2:11 AM
Feb 2015
Playcool said:
This episode did a lot for the drama. Kasumi was great this episode, reminded me again why I came to find her so adorable, a long time ago.

Thus far, this adaptation is far better than what the score would say, and I really don't understand how people can rate this soo badly, even if not perfect, they are doing a decent job with what they choose to adapt, it is far from boring, and for a fan, seeing everything come to life is just great.

Too many anime to count, where I had a much less enjoyable experience watching them, rather much higher than this, I consider myself a big MLA fan, but even I feel ashamed to see the treatment so fans have given to this.

Comparing it to other VN adaptations: https://myanimelist.net/anime/4896/Umineko_no_Naku_Koro_ni

Umineko crammed 80+ hours in 26 episodes, we are getting 39 episodes (most likely) for MLA to be adapted, and the direction can be solid, make good usage of the ost and the fights like ep5 were just amazing...

I can think of few reasons like

1. Design change, fans may not like the design changes.
2. Speeding through events or dialogues. Many scenes are done too quickly, dialogue is without emotions for multiple scenes.
3. Lack of BETA. Episode 1 misguided first time viewers into thinking that the anime will be about war against BETA but BETA didn't appear at all.
Jan 30, 2022 4:48 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
ixarising said:
Playcool said:

2. Speeding through events or dialogues. Many scenes are done too quickly, dialogue is without emotions for multiple scenes.
3. Lack of BETA. Episode 1 misguided first time viewers into thinking that the anime will be about war against BETA but BETA didn't appear at all.

Sorry but none of that is fundamentally bad to warrant such a result.
First, the VN designs were pretty old, no chance they could use those, they had to change them, second they actually did NOT skip most of the stuff after the first half, the pacing there was decent.
Third, the lack of BETA is normal, they dont appear that soon on MLA, and if this whole adaptation was more faithful it would have been worst, you would have a lot of Extra and Unlimited episodes to get through, and then even more Alternative episodes, before the BETA actually show, so the way they did here, was to try to please anime onlines, showing BETA on the first episode.
Jan 31, 2022 8:42 PM
Feb 2015
Playcool said:
ixarising said:

First, the VN designs were pretty old, no chance they could use those, they had to change them, second they actually did NOT skip most of the stuff after the first half, the pacing there was decent.
Third, the lack of BETA is normal, they dont appear that soon on MLA, and if this whole adaptation was more faithful it would have been worst, you would have a lot of Extra and Unlimited episodes to get through, and then even more Alternative episodes, before the BETA actually show, so the way they did here, was to try to please anime onlines, showing BETA on the first episode.

1 & 2 are many VN fans being displeased about the pacing and designs.
3 is about how first time anime viewers being displeased about the lack of BETA after Episode 1 showed the BETA to hype up the story.
Also to say the VN design is pretty old to me is a bit weird. The Manga design follows the VN but i never felt the Manga felt old, in fact i think it was good.
ixarisingJan 31, 2022 9:05 PM
Feb 2, 2022 4:50 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
ixarising said:
Playcool said:

3 is about how first time anime viewers being displeased about the lack of BETA after Episode 1 showed the BETA to hype up the story.
Also to say the VN design is pretty old to me is a bit weird. The Manga design follows the VN but i never felt the Manga felt old, in fact i think it was good.

There is just a cocktail of reasons here to annoy a lot of people from different backgrounds... I dont feel them at all, BUT I just finished watching the end of saekano S2, and I hated the drama so badly, got soo salty, so IF that is how a good part of them are feeling about this adaptation, I can definitely comprehend them to rate something really low, even if an emotional PoV, because someones you just need a small thing to make everything tumble over and tickle your fancy.

Such a situation sucks, no one is watching stuff to feel like that, I can understand people getting very salty, you just need to deliver the push in the right spot, sort of a weak point, to deeply annoy someone.
That weak point is many times, hard to find, most people can just dislike something without feeling like that, but when it goes there, you just cant take it.
Feb 3, 2022 8:55 PM
Feb 2015
Playcool said:
ixarising said:

There is just a cocktail of reasons here to annoy a lot of people from different backgrounds... I dont feel them at all, BUT I just finished watching the end of saekano S2, and I hated the drama so badly, got soo salty, so IF that is how a good part of them are feeling about this adaptation, I can definitely comprehend them to rate something really low, even if an emotional PoV, because someones you just need a small thing to make everything tumble over and tickle your fancy.

Such a situation sucks, no one is watching stuff to feel like that, I can understand people getting very salty, you just need to deliver the push in the right spot, sort of a weak point, to deeply annoy someone.
That weak point is many times, hard to find, most people can just dislike something without feeling like that, but when it goes there, you just cant take it.

That's definitely one of the main reasons. Majority of the complains i've seen gone from the range of
1. complaining on design change.
2. Skipping Extra & Unlimited.
3. Rushing through events like CCSE
4. Wanting TE Season 2
5. Preferring Yuuya over Takeru
6. People disliking Takeru calling him a loudmouth, talk no jutsu only MC
7. Lack of BETA
8. stupid harem mecha anime.
9. stupid human infighting even with BETA around

There are others too, but mainly the ones i've seen mostly talked about are around these few points.
Feb 4, 2022 12:30 AM
Jan 2019
ixarising said:

Understandable, people need some escapism from stupid human infighting in real life!
Feb 6, 2022 8:01 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
ixarising said:
Playcool said:

That's definitely one of the main reasons. Majority of the complains i've seen gone from the range of
1. complaining on design change.
2. Skipping Extra & Unlimited.
3. Rushing through events like CCSE
4. Wanting TE Season 2
5. Preferring Yuuya over Takeru
6. People disliking Takeru calling him a loudmouth, talk no jutsu only MC
7. Lack of BETA
8. stupid harem mecha anime.

There are others too, but mainly the ones i've seen mostly talked about are around these few points.

"4. Wanting TE Season 2
5. Preferring Yuuya over Takeru"

As a fan of the VN, that is like an insult to be, but I will let people have their own shitty trash tastes I guess.
As for the fourth, I don't think many would want a S2, if they knew what is gonna happen, from what I read years ago on a forum here, it is far from what most fans would like.

MLA TE anime was all over the place, I m expecting most opinions about favoring TE to change after S2.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2021

82 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 4:31 AM

» Why fans are OVERREACTING.?

Sandro8604 - Oct 14, 2021

46 by koneroko »»
Dec 27, 2022 4:09 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2021

45 by MoeMoeKyun »»
Nov 16, 2022 7:04 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

44 by MoeMoeKyun »»
Nov 16, 2022 6:44 PM

» There is no Muv Luv Alternative anime ( 1 2 )

OppaiSugoi - Oct 13, 2021

63 by ixarising »»
Oct 8, 2022 11:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.