Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 12, 2021 11:52 AM
May 2021
Fate Zero’s monologues and talking scenes are usually very important and help the pacing. They have a lot of them and make them develop the world and characters. Fate stay night has barely any tension for many episodes and is paced really slow so why does the characters feel so flat? The story is very boring and the characters repeat themselves too much. Saber was not even important in the slightest she really could have been replaced. Shiro is also a horrible protagonist.
Oct 12, 2021 12:05 PM
Apr 2021
TRUEHOOUINKYOUMA said:
Fate Zero’s monologues and talking scenes are usually very important and help the pacing. They have a lot of them and make them develop the world and characters. Fate stay night has barely any tension for many episodes and is paced really slow so why does the characters feel so flat? The story is very boring and the characters repeat themselves too much. Saber was not even important in the slightest she really could have been replaced. Shiro is also a horrible protagonist.
because fate/staynight is made by kinoko nasu and fate/zero is made by gen urobochi prooly spelled that wrong different authors. Fate/staynight was originally a Eroge Visual novel and Fate/zero was a light novel. The anime for staynight isn’t as good becuase of time constraints. It’s very hard to put 80+ hours of VN info into a 24 episode anime. Also the prequel came after fate/staynight source material wise so gen had more to work with to craft the prequel
Oct 12, 2021 12:06 PM

Jan 2017
TRUEHOOUINKYOUMA said:
Saber was not even important in the slightest she really could have been replaced.

She's not important there because everything about her have already been told in the Fate Route , Fate/Stay Night (2006).
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Oct 12, 2021 12:07 PM
Oct 2020
TRUEHOOUINKYOUMA said:

I liked it better overall than Zero. Zero’s season 2 is amazing but season 1 is boring at times with the set up. Plus the banquet was just dragging on.

I love Rin and Archer’s characters. It’s definitely less dark than Zero as well.

I encourage you to watch Heaven’s Feel next. It’s a lot darker than UBW, a bit more in line with Zero in terms of some of the major plot points.

Imo Heaven’s Feel > UBW > Zero. But they are all great.
Oct 12, 2021 12:07 PM
Jun 2021
TRUEHOOUINKYOUMA said:
the reason saber wasn’t important was because there is 3 different routes for fate stay night. Each focusing on a different main girl(fate route: saber, ubw: rin, hf: Sakura)
Oct 12, 2021 12:08 PM

Jul 2017
First zero is prequel that came after fsn fate/ubw/heaven feel route and the adaptation of FSN does not do the fsn virtual novel justice (many of shirous internal monologues were not adapted making his character not complete at all)
And in terms of character writing
Shirou > kiritsugu (shirou is easily dislikable)
Oct 12, 2021 12:10 PM

Aug 2020
Yep I agree, but Fate/Prisma Illya will make it worth it
Oct 12, 2021 12:13 PM
Apr 2021
Reason is

Fate Stay Night is a VN that is out before Zero

Animes are garbage

You better just drop it and go read VN
Oct 12, 2021 12:14 PM

Aug 2013
It's a common occurrence that people prefer the first Fate they start with over the other, between Zero and UBW
Oct 12, 2021 12:18 PM
May 2021
Akitokamisen said:
First zero is prequel that came after fsn fate/ubw/heaven feel route and the adaptation of FSN does not do the fsn virtual novel justice (many of shirous internal monologues were not adapted making his character not complete at all)
And in terms of character writing
Shirou > kiritsugu (shirou is easily dislikable)

I actually didn’t like kiritsugu either since his motives were dumb but in terms of writing kiritsugu has so many messed up decisions and did way more evil than Shiro so in terms of likability it goes either way for me.
Oct 12, 2021 12:40 PM
Feb 2020
Probably because you watched them in the wrong order dawg come on
Oct 12, 2021 1:31 PM

Jan 2021
Yeah, UBW was a major disappointment after Zero. Heaven's Feel is better, though still not as good as Zero.
Oct 12, 2021 2:08 PM
May 2021
Seamdaddy said:
Probably because you watched them in the wrong order dawg come on
my bad I thought it was fate zero then fate stay night. Don’t think it will make me like the show tho
Oct 12, 2021 3:20 PM
Jul 2020
A lot of the monolouges were cut from the VN it’s based on. Really makes a lot of the characters feel flat and boring, especially Shirou
Oct 12, 2021 4:16 PM
May 2021
Yeah same it was really disappointing and Shirou doesn't compare to Kiritsugu as a character he was just annoying. Characters are also very forgettable and it doesn't have the most important thing - Iskandar
Oct 12, 2021 4:21 PM

Dec 2020
agreed, ubw sucked. i was so disappointed
Oct 12, 2021 4:27 PM
Jul 2021
If you compare Fate UBW to Fate Stay Night, I’m sure you will find it at least somewhat more interesting lol! I just enjoyed Shiro actually making moves in these two seasons. Rin actually made his character more interesting!
Oct 12, 2021 6:39 PM
Aug 2019
I agree; the story isn’t anywhere near as interesting as that of Fate/Zero.

Tsundere love interest is cool for a waifu character but sucks a bit for the story. Shouldn’t have played up the idea of a fight between the two when it was never actually going to play out.
Having four of the masters come from the school was a poor decision
Having a diverse cast with various backgrounds is what makes the premise of Fate interesting, and they just chose to drop that perk.
And why is Shirou dumb? It’s frustrating lol.
Oct 12, 2021 7:27 PM
Jun 2021
Yes... Tots agree wid u... I've only watched Fate Zero in all Fate franchise
Oct 12, 2021 10:08 PM

Feb 2021
I agree for the most part, although the show became very interesting for me In the second half of this season. The heaven’s feel movies on the other hand are top notch and on the same level with fate/zero so I highly recommend watching them.
Oct 12, 2021 11:28 PM
Jul 2018
TRUEHOOUINKYOUMA said:

Saber is not the main heroine in UBW because Fate/stay night is divided into 3 routes which exist in parallel universe.

1. Fate - adapted by Studio Deen in 2006 and its a straight up horrible adaptation. Saber is the main heroine here.

2. UBW - adapted by Ufotable in 2014-2015 and Rin is main heroine

3. HF - adapted by Ufotable in 2017-2020 and has Sakura as main heroine.

If you want closure for the storyline in Fate/Zero then you will get it in the HF movies.

UBW is mostly focused on Rin.

As for Shirou, yes, he is a horrible protagonist. His ideals are stupid af but idk he just grew on me over the course of such a long series. People also really like the fight of ideals between him and Archer but I really got bored during the entire thing despite the visual spectacle.

I can assure you that the Heaven's feel movies are much better than UBW in every way.
Oct 13, 2021 2:17 AM

Feb 2019
TRUEHOOUINKYOUMA said:

Read the Visual Novel.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Oct 13, 2021 2:34 AM
Mar 2021
yeah, I have to agree UBW is a huge step down from Zero. I just think it's too much of a mess, plot-wise, but unless they really mangled the structure I'm not sure how they could have made it NOT a mess.

it's just that nearly every element ends in a disappointing way. I still didn't hate it, but purely because the high school romcom element between Shirou and Rin was cute and they had good romantic development.

but following right after Fate/Zero it doesn't work. also Saber just isn't very good in it.
Oct 13, 2021 3:34 AM

Jan 2021
That's because all the monologues and talking was completely removed in the anime. And Yeah UBW route isnt exactly Saber's shining moment. This was Rin and Archer's route.
Shirou as a protagonist can really put you off if you don't realise what's going on in his head. Since the VN is from his perspective, it does his character wayy better.

One thing you need to realise is that Fate begins with Shirou, who inherited his ideal from his adoptive father. Zero aimed at showing the origin of that ideal after you've already seen what it leads to in the stay/night routes.

This is why the wrong watch order can completely mess things up for people. When you watch any entry in the franchise, and then watch a second one, you'll subconsciously try to build the second one on your experience with the first. Since Zero was meant to build upon the orignal, and you built the orignal upon Zero, your perspective on the entire story was messed up.
Oct 13, 2021 3:46 AM

Jun 2016
I'd suggest reading the source material. They removed a lot of talking parts from the anime to keep the pacing good but they will help you appreciate fate/stay night more.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Oct 13, 2021 3:52 AM
Jul 2018
Understandable. Yes, you can find it weak.
Oct 13, 2021 6:58 AM

Jun 2019
I personally would disagree... I actually prefer UBW over Zero. But I can totally understand if u liked zero more. ^^
Oct 13, 2021 7:24 AM

Jun 2019
Mq84jdk said:
TRUEHOOUINKYOUMA said:

I liked it better overall than Zero. Zero’s season 2 is amazing but season 1 is boring at times with the set up. Plus the banquet was just dragging on.

I love Rin and Archer’s characters. It’s definitely less dark than Zero as well.

I encourage you to watch Heaven’s Feel next. It’s a lot darker than UBW, a bit more in line with Zero in terms of some of the major plot points.

Imo Heaven’s Feel > UBW > Zero. But they are all great.
absolutely agree. For me, I see all ufotable fate series and movies as one big story, bc I would generally always recommend all (zero, ubw, hf) bc imo it is the best if u watch all 3.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 25, 2015

1037 by Rain_Machika »»
May 28, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1400 by sadoomi »»
May 23, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.