Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 1, 2021 10:13 AM

Mar 2020
well yeah i should and really SHOULD ask this question just to make sure.
back then, when i know the author die, i read some interview (i forget about it, it already a long time ago) but in that interview, it says like
"this will be continue on future, when some people with the same idea came, so we will continuing this anime when that miracle happen.

i watch the anime back when i still junior highschool lol, and now i wondering, is the season 2 really will be come out or........ nah that's just our dream... season 1 is the last and only anime from HOTD.....

pls someone who know anything about this to came and discuss on here :)
well back then, when the anime just "this and that" story like HOTD, HS DXD S1-2, and other anime around that year i think comfortable enough for me. not too happy ending, and not too sad. Not too heavy, and not too empty. just a anime to watch, enjoy with eating some snack and yeah... that's it...

that's why i creating this post lol,
is season 2 will be become real atleast on future? or we can only had season 1 for the last and only from HOTD series?
Sep 1, 2021 10:14 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Im not sure, but i think there isnt enough source material left for a second season.

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Sep 1, 2021 10:16 AM

Mar 2020
MonkeeDan said:
Im not sure, but i think there isnt enough source material left for a second season.

yeah agree, i also already done with the manga. but, do you think that the manga will never continue? i mean... like the manga will be continue with the another person?

or this impossible?
Sep 1, 2021 10:18 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Dhanamerdeka said:
MonkeeDan said:

yeah agree, i also already done with the manga. but, do you think that the manga will never continue? i mean... like the manga will be continue with the another person?

or this impossible?
Idk, but i think if someone else would continue it, it would've already be done a long time ago.

Sep 1, 2021 10:27 AM

Mar 2020
MonkeeDan said:
Dhanamerdeka said:

or this impossible?
Idk, but i think if someone else would continue it, it would've already be done a long time ago.

so it's will be impossible now?

i didn't hear any of the information about HOTD again in last few years.... so does it really will end like it's now?
Sep 1, 2021 10:28 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Dhanamerdeka said:
MonkeeDan said:

i didn't hear any of the information about HOTD again in last few years.... so does it really will end like it's now?
Well im not too updated on the Topic but atleast that what i think. But who knows what the future holds

Sep 1, 2021 10:30 AM
Jul 2015
For what I know, the other brother (the one that is still alive) once said that he could've continue the story if he wanted, because both of them did the story and art, but he said that his brother ideas for the story were better, so he thinks that he isn't capable enough to make a story in the level of his brother.
Sep 1, 2021 10:39 AM
Jul 2018
Dhanamerdeka said:
back then, when i know the author die, i read some interview (i forget about it, it already a long time ago) but in that interview, it says like
"this will be continue on future, when some people with the same idea came, so we will continuing this anime when that miracle happen.

i watch the anime back when i still junior highschool lol, and now i wondering, is the season 2 really will be come out or........ nah that's just our dream... season 1 is the last and only anime from HOTD.....

well back then, when the anime just "this and that" story like HOTD, HS DXD S1-2, and other anime around that year i think comfortable enough for me. not too happy ending, and not too sad. Not too heavy, and not too empty. just a anime to watch, enjoy with eating some snack and yeah... that's it...

is season 2 will be become real atleast on future? or we can only had season 1 for the last and only from HOTD series?

Well High school of the dead is officially cancelled by the studio. There's no hope left for fans:-(
Sep 1, 2021 10:45 AM
Mar 2021
Dhanamerdeka said:

I can relate and understand too but I think it's never gonna come.. Like, the Manga is left discontinued, so is the anime without source.. There's a very few chances, we get a update or announcement for HOTD. But if that happens, It'll be a Miracle and will sure make many of us happy.

Here's some of my thoughts about the Story and Overall the HOTD anime. Many say it's ruined cause of the Fan Service. But to me, It never felt like that. Of course, Those Gun Shots were too much (The BoobGun Scene) Even though, Adding those fan service made a really enjoyability in the serious progressive story [which is never completed yet... T-T] However, Idc what others says. I enjoyed HOTD to its fullest.
Sep 1, 2021 10:49 AM
Oct 2016
For now, nothing is certain. It's still too early to speculate, but from what I read.. there is a studio willing to produce another season, but the problem is who will write the remaining chapters for anime to adapt it.
Sep 1, 2021 10:51 AM
Dec 2020
Dhanamerdeka said:

as enimem said in some song “snap back to reality”
Being human is making mistakes.
Sep 1, 2021 11:05 AM

Mar 2020
MonkeeDan said:
Dhanamerdeka said:

Well im not too updated on the Topic but atleast that what i think. But who knows what the future holds

i see, i think you know the lastest information lol
sorry about it, well i still hope it get another season, just to explain what really happen and other story.

joker_04 said:
For what I know, the other brother (the one that is still alive) once said that he could've continue the story if he wanted, because both of them did the story and art, but he said that his brother ideas for the story were better, so he thinks that he isn't capable enough to make a story in the level of his brother.

wait wait. other brother? you mean brother of the author who already died or what the ilustrator?
because from what iam understand the author and ilustrator is different people and they didn't even a family i think

Yash_Srivastav said:
Dhanamerdeka said:

Well High school of the dead is officially cancelled by the studio. There's no hope left for fans:-(

EHH?! really? does you still remember when the news came from? it's sad to hear it... if it really announced to be cancelled

Krish_Ketchum said:
Dhanamerdeka said:

I can relate and understand too but I think it's never gonna come.. Like, the Manga is left discontinued, so is the anime without source.. There's a very few chances, we get a update or announcement for HOTD. But if that happens, It'll be a Miracle and will sure make many of us happy.

Here's some of my thoughts about the Story and Overall the HOTD anime. Many say it's ruined cause of the Fan Service. But to me, It never felt like that. Of course, Those Gun Shots were too much (The BoobGun Scene) Even though, Adding those fan service made a really enjoyability in the serious progressive story [which is never completed yet... T-T] However, Idc what others says. I enjoyed HOTD to its fullest.

YEP ABSOLUTELY!

alot of people says that the gunshot especially when boobs scene is too out of the place. but back to the anime... i mean... this is "light" story and also ecchi anime... if they think it's gonna be tactical and accurate. then no more people will enjoy it as it's now.

more over... i think why they didn't continue until now is because they think that the anime isn't popular, even when outside japan had alot of fan after they see the anime... because of the author and ilustrator didn't really see the media and social media on those year, so maybe they dissapointed because they think the anime is bad...

then when the author died, they just
"ok. fine, we done with this... let's move on"

but i still hope that now they realize the HOTD is quite popular, especially on my country, or other part of the world. if someone will says, "the gun scene isn't great" of course, it's not military, but yeah just light story with some ecchi

in the end, i really want to see the real ending, even the story isn't perfect but it's still interesting....
that's why when i read the manga...
and when i clicked the next chapter it's didn't appear anything....

i just sad.... the story already hooked on right place, and it's discontinue until now.... if i can predict the output of this franchise. i think the first season is full with introduction of the every character, their background, and little bit of the story

but the bigger portion of the story will and must reveal on second season, and maybe if the story expand. it's can get third season....
but yeah.... he died and can't continue the story..... so that's it....

if i not wrong there's an anime that had second or third season which the story is different from the source. so i only hope that HOTD still have a chance to had another season even with original sequel story....

that's my hope... T^T
from junior highschool until now i on college.... i still feels that hard to find another anime that feels like HOTD.... the way the ecchi served.... the way the story reveal... the way the character told.... that's feels is hard to find now....

anime nowdays if you complete 1 season...
you sleep
you forget it....

that's all what i think about it
Sep 1, 2021 11:07 AM

Mar 2020
Finn-the-Human said:
For now, nothing is certain. It's still too early to speculate, but from what I read.. there is a studio willing to produce another season, but the problem is who will write the remaining chapters for anime to adapt it.

do you think that this anime can continue with original story without waiting for the source?

Ikarus101 said:
Dhanamerdeka said:

as enimem said in some song “snap back to reality”

lol XD
Sep 1, 2021 11:08 AM
Oct 2020
I literally was talking about this with my nephew yesterday. I feel like we as anime fans gotta stop asking about a 2nd season the manga is already discontinued and there wasn’t much material left
Sep 1, 2021 11:19 AM
Jul 2015
joker_04 said:

wait wait. other brother? you mean brother of the author who already died or what the ilustrator?
because from what iam understand the author and ilustrator is different people and they didn't even a family i think

Sorry, I explained myself bad, English is not my mother language.
The authors are brothers, and I was talking about the one that didn't die, the one that do mainly the drawing part.
And for what I know, both draw and make the story, but the one that died was the main writer.
Sep 1, 2021 4:54 PM

Mar 2020
tokyorico910 said:
I literally was talking about this with my nephew yesterday. I feel like we as anime fans gotta stop asking about a 2nd season the manga is already discontinued and there wasn’t much material left

Nah, i just asking if there's any new information out there
and if you remember some few years ago... there's an anime that they adapt nothing from manga (completely different) so that's my point...well nothing wrong to ask anyway... the chance is low but there's still a chance...

joker_04 said:
joker_04 said:

The authors are brothers, and I was talking about the one that didn't die, the one that do mainly the drawing part.
And for what I know, both draw and make the story, but the one that died was the main writer.

I see... so, the other brother didn't continue it?
i never heard that he had brother.... more over, i did some basic search and still no information about it... where do you get it from?
Sep 1, 2021 5:01 PM
Jul 2015
Dhanamerdeka said:
tokyorico910 said:

and if you remember some few years ago... there's an anime that they adapt nothing from manga (completely different) so that's my point...well nothing wrong to ask anyway... the chance is low but there's still a chance...

joker_04 said:

i never heard that he had brother.... more over, i did some basic search and still no information about it... where do you get it from?

Check who are the authors in the MAL entry for Highschool of the Dead
https://myanimelist.net/manga/669
Sep 1, 2021 5:12 PM

Mar 2020
joker_04 said:
Dhanamerdeka said:

Check who are the authors in the MAL entry for Highschool of the Dead
https://myanimelist.net/manga/669

damn... i didn't even realize the family name is same....
so that's mean that they is one family?

wtf
from junior highschool until today, i never realize that the name is same wtf
Sep 1, 2021 8:45 PM
Jul 2018
Well series cancelled by the studio Madhouse, Madhouse is famous for making single season Animes. So there's no chance of getting a continuation of the series. Maybe another studio take the project and hier an author to continue the series. There's a rumour that the series could get second season in 2022-2023. But I don't think think so it's have a chance. If this series Don't get second season in 2-3 years so, just loose hope on the second season. It's already a decade passed.ಠ︵ಠ
Sep 1, 2021 8:46 PM
Jul 2018
Dhanamerdeka said:

Well series cancelled by the studio Madhouse, Madhouse is famous for making single season Animes. So there's no chance of getting a continuation of the series. Maybe another studio take the project and hier an author to continue the series. There's a rumour that the series could get second season in 2022-2023. But I don't think think so it's have a chance. If this series Don't get second season in 2-3 years so, just loose hope on the second season. It's already a decade passed.ಠ︵ಠ
Sep 1, 2021 9:31 PM

Mar 2020
Yash_Srivastav said:

don't you think they didn't get any sequel because of the funding back then is hard and difficult than now?

and on that era, the manga isn't really popular in japan, so it's become hits few years after the anime ended

and still... madhouse can create NGNL movie when the source available and the franchise holder give permission to them.
but i still hope that this will get another season or movie atleast T^T

when i find out that the ilustrator is the brother of the author, i hope he can continue it, the right of the franchise i think will still hold by this brother so there's still chance to get another season

but the rumors that says 2022-2023 it's fake i think, it came from same sites that says it will come out in 2019. it's better to waiting official news or from news that had this brother in it.

if i see him i think they very "old school" author, unlike another mangaka who active and showing their works on twitter, they seems didn't have ones... so i think when HOTD make a spike on the popularity, the author not aware of it, if i see they still working on some light novel before died. so i think they really think that HOTD can't get any for this era, and want to make another things that better, when they died, all of that idea die along with the author.

but since they're brother i hope the another brother that still alive will make any progress when they know this very popular on outside japan....
they can also life with it, like... selling the BD on amazon like many anime did
Sep 1, 2021 11:52 PM
Jan 2021
Well I believe the creator died without completing the manga, so chances are there isn’t going to be a season 2. Although I hope there will be. Who knows, maybe someone else will finish it if we’re lucky, but don get your hopes up.
Sep 1, 2021 11:52 PM
Jan 2021
Well I believe the creator died without completing the manga, so chances are there isn’t going to be a season 2. Although I hope there will be. Who knows, maybe someone else will finish it if we’re lucky, but don get your hopes up.
Sep 2, 2021 8:50 AM

Mar 2021
The story wasn't dropped because the creator passed. it was discontinued in 2011 after Japan Earthquake and tsunami. He felt that writing such stories about calamities (be it fictional) while people are actually facing one is not a good thing. And after that he didnt continue and in 2016 he passed peacefully. The person responsible for the sketches in Manga wanted to respect the author's decision of not continuing the story as a sign of Homage to him. Therefore all the other people in anime industry also respected his decision and canceled season 2.so the final conclusion is, No! There will never be season 2 from this particular title
Sep 3, 2021 11:16 AM
Dec 2009
Not sure if this means anything:

The video description says:

メジャーデビュー曲「HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD」が2021年にREBOOT!
「HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD[2021]」好評配信中
https://lnk.to/kisida_HOTD2021

Not sure if this just a reboot of the song or if it's implying a reboot of the show...
Sep 14, 2021 4:45 PM
Oct 2016
New opening song, perhaps? The song fits perfectly with killing zombies. I can already imagine the opening sequence lol, guns and bombs everywhere.
Apr 12, 2022 3:26 AM
Mar 2017
Fanzhon said:
Not sure if this means anything:

The video description says:

メジャーデビュー曲「HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD」が2021年にREBOOT!
「HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD[2021]」好評配信中
https://lnk.to/kisida_HOTD2021

Not sure if this just a reboot of the song or if it's implying a reboot of the show...
uhh im maybe a bit late to say but that song is the original op for HOTD they probabaly singing it to like kinda reminding HOTD for new anime fans and watchers but for new season is Negative because its already 2022 still no news for new season for HOTD. Or it could be to kept prolong the popularity of this anime for decades untill new news popped out about HOTD season 2 it could be like that

More topics from this board

» Is Rei a virgin or did she lose it with Hisashi?

JusTFoRTroll - Jul 21, 2014

31 by subhamoy »»
Jun 5, 12:56 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

255 by greed2 »»
May 31, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 8, 2010

491 by Blaybourne »»
May 20, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Jul 4, 2010

1365 by Ksooosavage »»
May 5, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

542 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 11:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.