Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 19, 2021 11:33 PM
Mar 2021
So this has been bothering me for a while now, the anime isn’t even fresh in my mind anymore but I do remember that season 2 just hit different and not in a good way. I don’t really know why, but looking at the reviews people must think the same as me. Can someone please try to help me find a reason why this season just didn’t feel right
Aug 19, 2021 11:44 PM
Jul 2021
Season 2 was fire. But in my opinion Season 1 was a little better.
Aug 20, 2021 12:10 AM
Apr 2021
EddyMercury said:
So this has been bothering me for a while now, the anime isn’t even fresh in my mind anymore but I do remember that season 2 just hit different and not in a good way. I don’t really know why, but looking at the reviews people must think the same as me. Can someone please try to help me find a reason why this season just didn’t feel right
this season didn't have the same director and the same studio as the first season, i can only think that because i really don't know what happened here, but i felt the same
Aug 20, 2021 12:13 AM
Mar 2021
seba_kings said:
EddyMercury said:
this season didn't have the same director and the same studio as the first season, i can only think that because i really don't know what happened here, but i felt the same
hmm, I didn’t actually know that
Aug 20, 2021 12:13 AM
Jun 2020
Season 1 was great, the plot and battles were cool and the comedy parts were awesome and really enjoyable. But in season 2 basically nothing happened; they introduced the new villain but he didn't do anything particular apart fighting with some rank A and S heroes and then escaping in the last episodes. And season 2 had lost also the comedy parts (they weren't funny anymore) which was one of the greates point in season 1. After waiting 3 years fans only got 12 eps and the plot was incomplete, if the studio could bring 24 eps and complete all that arc maybe season 2 could have been great.
Aug 20, 2021 12:32 AM

May 2020
This season felt like the story is building up to something, definitely Garou is the most interesting part of this season and I am excited to see where they go with him in the next season, but yeah it feels like just a build-up not much else
Aug 20, 2021 12:43 AM
Jul 2018
Garbage animation, Saitama who is the main character and the best thing about this anime had a screentime of less than 2 minutes in the entire fucking season.
Aug 20, 2021 12:49 AM
Apr 2021
EddyMercury said:

Coz not only in anime, but also in manga, saitama aka 'one punch man' had less screentime.
Aug 20, 2021 12:52 AM
Mar 2021
weeblet7890x said:
EddyMercury said:

Coz not only in anime, but also in manga, saitmama aka 'one punch man' had less screentime.
since the anime isn’t really fresh in my mind anymore I kind of forgot that. But now you mention it, I remember that one episode they were fighting some kind of weird long snake monster and the only thing one punch man did was put an end to the monster after all the other heroes that fought had a cool battle and got beat up badly
Aug 20, 2021 1:10 AM
Apr 2021
EddyMercury said:
weeblet7890x said:

Coz not only in anime, but also in manga, saitmama aka 'one punch man' had less screentime.
since the anime isn’t really fresh in my mind anymore I kind of forgot that. But now you mention it, I remember that one episode they were fighting some kind of weird long snake monster and the only thing one punch man did was put an end to the monster after all the other heroes that fought had a cool battle and got beat up badly

Yeah yr right. Its where s2 ended with a cliffhanger where garou was carried to monster king.
Aug 20, 2021 1:14 AM
Aug 2020
I like far more S2 because Saitama is not the central attention, the story upgrade s or become more interesting, the opening is better, the art style is better....
Aug 20, 2021 1:33 AM
Mar 2021
XNohaco2468 said:
I like far more S2 because Saitama is not the central attention, the story upgrade s or become more interesting, the opening is better, the art style is better....
Everyone has an opinion, but this must be a joke right?
Aug 20, 2021 1:55 AM

Jan 2021
Unpopular opinion, i liked season 2 much more than season 1 and the i liked the animation.
"Human potential for evolution is limitless. Steel Ball Run is not peak fiction it's beyond fiction and possibly even the pinnacle of human literature, an amalgamation of all the masterpieces "
-The Ruler of this universe
Aug 20, 2021 1:56 AM
Aug 2020
EddyMercury said:
XNohaco2468 said:
No, the only thing that is better on S1 is the god level animation.
Aug 20, 2021 1:57 AM
Mar 2021
XNohaco2468 said:
EddyMercury said:
then why did you say the animation in s2 is better
Aug 20, 2021 2:01 AM
Aug 2020
EddyMercury said:
XNohaco2468 said:
I said art style not animation
Aug 20, 2021 2:08 AM
Mar 2021
XNohaco2468 said:
EddyMercury said:
I said art style not animation
lol sorry I didn’t notice, but I mean it’s your opinion. I respect that
Aug 20, 2021 2:09 AM
Jan 2020
Season 2 of One Punch Man is a ok adaption of a fantastic manga. It has some pacing issues and the animation was here and there not the best. But all in all it was good. The problem is that the first season of One Punch Man were adapted phenomenal. The pacing, the sound effects and the god-like animation were just to good. Imai Arifumi, Nakamura and many other amazing freelancer just animated the fuck out of OPM. So the expectation for S2 was really high and it can't of course reach the hights of OPM S1.
Aug 20, 2021 2:11 AM
Dec 2020
Fuad___ said:
Season 1 was great, the plot and battles were cool and the comedy parts were awesome and really enjoyable. But in season 2 basically nothing happened; they introduced the new villain but he didn't do anything particular apart fighting with some rank A and S heroes and then escaping in the last episodes. And season 2 had lost also the comedy parts (they weren't funny anymore) which was one of the greates point in season 1. After waiting 3 years fans only got 12 eps and the plot was incomplete, if the studio could bring 24 eps and complete all that arc maybe season 2 could have been great.

Unfortunately this arc is not complete yet even in the manga and s2 was also so boring in the manga that the studio had to adapt 50 chapters to barely have anything (s1 was 38 chapters), but they made sure to stop right before the good parts so when s3 hits it'll be fire
But since the manga is going slow and irregular that might take a really long time
Aug 20, 2021 2:12 AM

Apr 2018
Everything was horrible as far as season 2 is concerned.

Aug 20, 2021 3:42 AM
Mar 2019
I liked it. Garou's introduction and Saitama/King dynamic are great. It's just inconsistent in terms of animation
Aug 20, 2021 10:32 AM
Jan 2021
I liked season 2. Nothing wrong with it to me. But my only problem was that it was so random. Season 1 ended with drive knight telling genos that metal knight is his enemy. Season 1 ends and then season 2 just happens out of nowhere. I wish they continued on right from the spot season 1 ended. We don’t see who metal knight is. We don’t see amai mask anymore. Instead, garou is introduced and things escalate really quickly from there. Also season 1 had a lot of comedy in it, but season 2 was missing that charm that season 1 had. To me the animation was great tbh. I didnt even know that the director and studio was changed.
Aug 20, 2021 10:52 AM
Dec 2020
EddyMercury said:
The studio changed and the animation dropped in quality buy a significant amount.
Aug 20, 2021 11:33 AM

Jan 2020
Different studio. Considering that the first one was by madhouse (in what I think were it's prime years) it made the visual quality and overall production feel drastically different. I think this was the case for a lot of people

Aug 20, 2021 5:07 PM
Nov 2020
I think it’s probably because Santama wasn’t the focus of season 2 . I just finished watching it and although it was different I still thought it was good. I thought Garou was a cool villain and I liked the dynamic between Saitama and King
Aug 20, 2021 9:11 PM
Jul 2021
I agree in 100% Was much better than first season for me! Can't wait for season 3
Aug 21, 2021 5:19 PM
Feb 2017
1st was better cause it was an introduction to characters and their powers and special characteristics....the secound season was not the same quality expected cause they tried to jump the plot several steps in mere 12 ep....as the saying goes "you cant have soft cream without the cream"
Aug 21, 2021 7:03 PM
Dec 2016
I remembered that it was bad too. I think it was probably because the people with the negative thing that the animation studio change,but it's not like as bad as my mind remember when it was on air. I watched with my dad months ago again ,saying to him that it was way worst than the first, and yes it's right the storyline it's not perfect,and it's not better than the first,but I really enjoyed it and it present Garou and Soryu. It's not the best,but neither the worst thing that could happen. Rewatching it really helped me to keep going with this series
Aug 21, 2021 7:07 PM
Jul 2018
For me personally, it was the animation and the pacing. I felt like season 2 was rushed. The fights also looked way better in the manga. Some complaints that I've heard from others is the fact that Saitama had a minor presence.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:49 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

202 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:13 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

201 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 11:27 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2019

187 by FarCritical »»
May 15, 11:30 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2019

236 by FarCritical »»
May 15, 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.