Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 10, 2021 4:19 PM

Jul 2010
I will be in minority as always but I was extremely dissapointed.

It feels like a cheap 70p long teaser with Szayelaporro barely even doing anything before being dragged back to Hell. All he did is thrown a lot of exposition at us so we come back for the sequel. Why thank you, how kind of you... why 70 page though? Could be done in 20. Maybe 30.

This is Boruto 2.0 in the making (or Shaman King Flowers 3.0., whatever suits you best) with kids and new characters being the main focus. You know my nostalgia for this series is pretty strong... Bleach was one of my most favourite anime when I was 15. The idea about all the dead soul reapers going to Hell is pretty interesting but I am sorry but I don't give a single f about Ichigo and Rukia' kids. They are not the reason I loved and read Bleach.

Plus Bleach should have ended with Aizen's defeat. Everything after that was dragged out as hell with Kubo literally breaking under pressure, rushing through the final arc and failing to deliver the satisfying ending to the, overall, pretty good story with INCREDIBLE characters. I always down for more content but not when it hurts the story' quality. And now he's back with the sequel?... you sure this is a good idea?...

We'll see. It can't be worse than Boruto, that's for sure. The art is decent. And I really, really hope he won't do dirty Ichigo and others. I dunno, I'll read few first chapters. The one-shot is very bad, imo, you can just skip it.
Aug 10, 2021 6:37 PM

Sep 2014
harshtruth said:
imagine a yamamoto free from the burden of constantly holding back...

As well as an ukitake without his sickness. I swear, this set up looks like it will finally give those 2 and unohana a proper time to shine.
Aug 11, 2021 9:36 AM

Oct 2012
This set-up has quite a lot of potential, but I feel like this new arc (?) needs to have a lot of chapters to be properly built up. The amount of new characters, the time we skipped, this whole new hell thing... It's not something they can just solve in an interesting way in like 20 chapters. Knowing Tite Kubo's pacing probably not even in 50.

And I kind of doubt it will go into serialization for that long again. But I guess we'll see. I'm fearing it will be another rushed arc like the last one was.
Aug 12, 2021 1:49 AM

Dec 2012
A very good 20th anniversary chapter after not seeing the characters for 5 years. Obviously, I want more Bleach. I'm disappointed that my waifu Orihime's full body was not shown. Only half of her body. To see hallf of her oppai and nice hips. Kubo, you had 1 job. I saw the opening artwork and noticed Lisa in the back with nice oppai. Then to see her in the chapter up close looking just right. In the JET interview a few years back, Kubo said Ichigo majored in English literature, so being a translator was the outcome. When Ichika could see the the beasts, but Ichigo and Renji couldn't, I said to myself, "Please dont let this be some next generation BS about their kids being the chosen ones after the years we spent on Bleach", but I figured it was due to the Hell Butterfly that was next to Ichika. Crisis averted. What a twist with the dead captains. I hope for more Bleach.

I see folks asking about whether Jigoku-hen movie is canon now. Hell has been in the series since the early chapters when the gates of hell appeared. Kubo, who was involved with the movie, wanted to show the world of Hell since he only touched upon it once in the early chapters. Just think of it in terms of the Zanpakuto filler arc. Kubo designed the Zanpakuto forms, but the arc itself wasn't canon. The designs he made were canon because they appeared in the final arc.

Also, here's a more detailed answer from Kubo in his message in the home release of the movie:

https://anime.stackexchange.com/questions/34013/was-any-of-the-movies-based-off-anything-from-the-manga
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 12, 2021 4:17 AM
Sep 2020
HollowIchigo58 said:
Monstrum said:
Seeing the characters and the world again is just heartwarming. and that color spread is extremely beautiful.
this chapter pretty much confirms a sequel.

I'd love to see Ulquiorra again, but it's very unlikely that we'll see him in hell because he wasn't purified with a Zanpakutou like most of the Espadas. I actually think it's better this way, bringing him back will feel cheap and will ruin his poetic sad death scene.

No, I can 100% see a Hell Form for Ulquiorra in the future, also if Ukitake, Yamamoto and Unohana are in Hell, then there's no reason for Ulquiorra not be in there too.

But there MAIN thing thing im really interesting in, I want to see the Bleach version of Satan or Lucifer.

The only reason Ukitake, Yamamoto and Unohana are in Hell is because of the ritual which took place. This is why Ukitake only arrived the moment the ceremony was done during the One Shot. We don't know the exact criteria/rules for those being send to Hell since with the latest oneshot, it's shown there are other rules too. So while I wont deny your speculation, I also wanna set your expectation to prevent disappointment since it isn't guaranteed Ulquiorra will come back and only a small possibility.
Aug 12, 2021 4:28 AM
Sep 2020
sobergintoki said:
I got a notification about this from the SJ app and I choked on my coffee in excitement and read it immediately after.

Some questions I have after reading the new chapter:

Will we be getting a new arc from Kubo? Really hoping that's a yes.

What is the relationship between Kazui and Ichika? Have they just become close to each other through their parents or is there more to it?

What was Kazui doing at the end/throughout the chapter?

Are the former captains now villains?

There's also more that could be asked but these were just the first questions that popped into my head

Kazui opened a portal to hell, since it was a portal in the shape of a mouth opening up. Szayel arrived in the same fashion since his portal was also a mouth with toothes opening up. Basically the Hell version to travel between realms of the Garganta(hollows) and the Senkaimon(shinigamis).The reason why or how Kazui is able to open up a portal to Hell is what Szayel explained near the end. Aizen and Yhwach's presence prevented anyone to travel between the two realms. But since Aizen is sealed and Yhwach is dead, the balance has been broken and both realms are able to interact with each other.

Former captains being villains is unknown for now but I speculate that will be the case the longer they stay in Hell. Currently hyped to see the OG captains of the Gotei13, the ones who were known for being ruthless and a bunch of murderers like Yamamoto and Unohana. Yamamoto will also be a threat since Yhwach would've considered Yamamoto as a war potential if he was as ruthless as his past self which he probably will become in Hell.
Aug 12, 2021 4:33 AM
Sep 2020
TheMangaManiac said:
I will be in minority as always but I was extremely dissapointed.

It feels like a cheap 70p long teaser with Szayelaporro barely even doing anything before being dragged back to Hell. All he did is thrown a lot of exposition at us so we come back for the sequel. Why thank you, how kind of you... why 70 page though? Could be done in 20. Maybe 30.

This is Boruto 2.0 in the making (or Shaman King Flowers 3.0., whatever suits you best) with kids and new characters being the main focus. You know my nostalgia for this series is pretty strong... Bleach was one of my most favourite anime when I was 15. The idea about all the dead soul reapers going to Hell is pretty interesting but I am sorry but I don't give a single f about Ichigo and Rukia' kids. They are not the reason I loved and read Bleach.

Plus Bleach should have ended with Aizen's defeat. Everything after that was dragged out as hell with Kubo literally breaking under pressure, rushing through the final arc and failing to deliver the satisfying ending to the, overall, pretty good story with INCREDIBLE characters. I always down for more content but not when it hurts the story' quality. And now he's back with the sequel?... you sure this is a good idea?...

We'll see. It can't be worse than Boruto, that's for sure. The art is decent. And I really, really hope he won't do dirty Ichigo and others. I dunno, I'll read few first chapters. The one-shot is very bad, imo, you can just skip it.

As of now, it's too soon to decide if it will end up like Boruto or if it would be like DBZ.
Not saying DBZ is good or any way, since I dont enjoy it like I did when I was still a small kid. But the way it handled Goku and Gohan was good(even tho Gohan should've been the focus after the Cell saga since that was a natural and not forced progression. Goku still being the main character felt forced since the build up to Gohan made no sense anymore) unlike Boruto which tried to force Boruto as the main character immediately.
Aug 12, 2021 6:15 AM
Jun 2020
Want Ukitake vs Shunsui please kubo make it happen
Aug 12, 2021 8:28 PM

May 2012
I knew I was in for some absolute heat when after the amazing color spread we kicked off with a melancholic and eerie narration with many different ways to interpret it.

The writing style Kubo used here is very reminiscent to Burn the Witch, a lot of dialogue and a lot of going on in a panel. 73 pages of that and we got a very packed story that flows like a direct continuation from 686.
Aug 12, 2021 8:47 PM

Feb 2020
Been a few years since I last saw and read Bleach; almost forgot a bunch of the characters and terminology

Quite surprised that that's it, would've hoped it'd be conclusive but if this ends up leading towards some newer arc, I wouldn't mind at all. Them new characters were introduced and just thrown away when it turned to the actual plot lol. Guess this was an alright read
Aug 12, 2021 10:48 PM

Mar 2017
Can’t wait to see the kurosaki family interact! Orihime is so precious lol
I can’t believe after all these years we’re getting more. Kubo 🐐
Aug 13, 2021 12:58 AM
Jul 2018
Ah, just like the usual Bleach. Quite good.
Oct 25, 2021 2:44 PM

May 2010
Oh man, this was SO fun, I really felt like a kid again, after all these years, and I loved every minute of it. Please please please Kubo don't go lazy again, I wanna read the continuation, the idea for this arc sounds so fun!
Nov 3, 2021 5:11 AM

Jul 2015
hopefully, it will get continued soon. this is really good.
Nov 3, 2021 7:36 PM

Jul 2011
I hope we could see Gin again. Imagine the Hell version. It'll be lit. <3
Feb 17, 2022 1:08 AM

Dec 2009
I somehow never expected a sequel, and am shocked that I never knew about this until I coincidentally went searching for the latest One-Shots in the database to read.

I watched the anime first, and read the manga later before it finished, so in years span, I don't clearly remember the lore to know if this case had any hint of this concept in Bleach, but if it's applicable regardless, it was introduced very well as a brand new concept to continue the story with a new threat.

As I've matured, I'm not a huge fan of these basic character-persobalities, but I'm glad that Bleach is back with a new epic concept of Grade 3+ villains coming back from Hell.
The horror that anyone who was of that level, could not have there reiatsu contained be sent to hell, whether good or bad, with Hell now unleashed is awesome. 8/10.

Kazui's a weird kid, but I like Ichika. I wonder how Kazui is so talented though... aside from being an offspring of a Human-Holo-Quincy Soul Reaper from Ichigo.
Looking forward till the last arc of Bleach finally airs, and whenever this story continues.
Mar 12, 2022 3:22 PM

Apr 2020
Ichigo’s son is so cute! I wonder if this will be continued?
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Oct 7, 2022 2:47 PM
Oct 2020
peak fiction the best
Oct 30, 2022 5:22 AM
Oct 2022
peak fiction....
Nov 3, 2022 7:23 PM
Oct 2020
Interesting. So does this mean there's going to be a sequel?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Will it come back?

Person215 - Sep 7, 2023

7 by Gawdly »»
Feb 28, 2:58 PM

» Hell arc could be based on Renji

arvetan - Jan 17

6 by Menternor »»
Jan 17, 3:27 PM

» Anyone know if this series will continue?

cloud7x - Oct 3, 2021

14 by Apratim »»
Jul 22, 2023 11:30 AM

» BLEACH is teasing an Announcement for December 2, 2022.

mjetek - Dec 1, 2022

3 by mjetek »»
Dec 12, 2022 4:24 AM

Poll: » Current Strongest Of The Soul Society

PhillyThaKid - Aug 26, 2022

0 by PhillyThaKid »»
Aug 26, 2022 6:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.