Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 6, 2021 9:37 AM
Jan 2021
The movie was rushed too much. It had literally almost no plot in it. It was so confusing to me, why is this rated that high like 7.96? What's your thoughts? Did you liked this movie?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Aug 6, 2021 9:43 AM
Mar 2021
I watched that movie and I rated it 3 because I don’t understand what’s going on. It does not have any plots or connections. I agreed with you, the movie is rushed and it made no sense. I am gay and I think the movie could have been better than that.
Aug 6, 2021 9:46 AM
Jan 2021
Im my opinion it’s not that bad. I read the manga and it’s pretty good adaptation to it so for me it’s okay but I guess for anime only it’s not that great...? I rated it 7 because it’s really pretty and as I already wrote-it’s good adaptation to manga.
Aug 6, 2021 9:52 AM

Jan 2021
I honestly kinda agree with you.
Although I think it could’ve been way better.
Aug 6, 2021 9:58 AM
Anime Moderator
May 2018
Because I liked it? I gave it a much higher score than average anyway. Idk why you're acting like 7.96 is a massively high score for this to have

I found the animation very nice and the plot was good, I only found it hard to follow at one part (the end of the part where they go to the mainland)
Aug 6, 2021 10:50 AM

Dec 2020
I think the people who are giving it a high score are either doing it because
1. They read the manga so they weren’t as confused as the rest of us who haven’t or
2. Lack of good lgbt anime so when something like this which is semi decent comes out people take what they can get and run with it

Aug 6, 2021 11:03 AM
May 2020
Because its a good anime, has good characters, and its ✨gay✨
it deserves this rating and if not this rating than a higher rating
Aug 6, 2021 11:18 AM
Jan 2021
Grey_Anime said:
Because its a good anime, has good characters, and its ✨gay✨
it deserves this rating and if not this rating than a higher rating

Hmm, I rated it lower(4) because it's plot is hard to understand. The characters is actually so confusing to me at least. Maybe not for you. I rated this low not just because it's gay. It's cool to see a LGBT anime, but the story doesn't get me.
Aug 6, 2021 11:52 AM
Feb 2021
This movie made absolutely no sense. The characters had back stories that we weren't privy to, the plot kept jumping from one random scene to another random scene. We didn't get enough of the leads together to show that they actually developed feelings for one another. It sucks because the synopsis makes it seem great. I gave it a 6 just because it was a BL if not it definitely would've gotten a lower score. I'm thinking if rewatching to see if I just missed something.
Aug 6, 2021 12:19 PM
Mar 2021
I rated it an eight and it was pure based on my enjoyment of the movie. I thought the plot was a little confusing but I read the manga after and that explained everything I didn't get. The animation was pretty and it was a very cute anime. That's why I rated it an eight
Aug 6, 2021 1:05 PM

Feb 2021
I'm a straight guy.. maybe that's why I felt awful while watching their sex... It's so awkward for a straight guy to watch gay men having sex =_=
Rated it 5/10 cause it had some good points too
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2021 3:31 PM
Aug 2020
i only rated it as high as i did bc i i liked the art, animation, and voice acting
i had absolutely no idea what the fuck was going on until i read the manga

imo read the manga instead of watching the movie, it’s so much better
Aug 6, 2021 7:44 PM
Nov 2020
It may not seem like the movie has much plot but reading the manga, I believe it to be a pretty good adaptation.
The manga is vague as well and the entire story is wrapped up into one volume so they don't elaborate on much. Everything from the story was adapted into the movie so they didn't miss any key plot points either.
I think it may be hard to understand just because it doesn't go into detail about much but thats the story the author wished to portray. As a whole, I believe it to be a cute, surface level story. Short and sweet.
Aug 6, 2021 9:17 PM
Nov 2020
The anime may have been rushed, but to be fair, it's a BL. A BL with amazing animation like Umibe no étranger does not happen very often and production companies intentionally limit the money they invest into BL animation unlike shonen genres like MHA or Jujutsu Kaisen. They did the best with the money they had and the movie covered enough of the Manga to get the plot line across. If you want more, go read the manga
Aug 7, 2021 2:30 AM
Oct 2018
I read the manga beforehand while waiting for the release, and then was disappointed after seeing the full movie. It was rushed and should have had more screentime. A movie should be a stand-alone piece which the viewer can understand without doing any research, but this lacked some important scenes from the manga. Animation and voiceacting were nice, but as an adaption I'd give it something around 6-7. Not perfect but watch it if you want.
Aug 7, 2021 11:14 AM

Mar 2019
Thread locked for not encouraging meaningful discussion.

Threads about ranking and/or scores just encourage flame wars between people who liked the show and people who didn’t. They don’t promote any kind of discussion.

You may also use this thread if you want to talk about overrated/underrated anime.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Umibe no Étranger Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FuMomo-kun - Mar 6, 2021

73 by UserZ022 »»
Apr 4, 11:30 AM

» Idk about you but I NEED A SECOUND MOVIE

LukeLippo - May 7, 2021

8 by passing_through »»
Dec 13, 2023 10:07 AM

» Why is this rated PG-13 if it has an explicit sex scene?

kari-ya - Sep 7, 2021

19 by Puppytay »»
Aug 14, 2023 9:12 AM

» I have a big doubt about Sakurako flashback :O

orlianime93 - Apr 11, 2022

8 by gulgamgug »»
Jun 23, 2022 10:27 PM

» Happy birthday chibana Mio

Sekainobaka - Dec 24, 2021

1 by cnsqwerty »»
Dec 27, 2021 9:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.