Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 4, 2021 10:27 PM

Nov 2016
KingBaller06 said:
mangalicker94 said:

He probably said for the sake of Otama. I highly doubt he appreciates anything more than meat. :)

Again, Luffy can't lie. So there is no possible way that he could make that statement without it being 100% true.

He isn't a good liar, as we have seen in the past(when Porchemy was asking where the treasure is, Sanji asking Luffy about food) but that doesn't mean he can't lie at all. He's also developing as a person. Secondly, it ain't really a lie. To lie means not telling the truth in order to deceive, so it's a white lie at best. He told one to his crew during the Katakuri fight with the sole intention that they shouldn't worry

Lastly, him eating all the oshiruko and his line that there's nothing that tastes as good as it is anime original. The creator of Luffy is Oda, the mangaka. In the SBS of volume 86 he confirmed that Luffy's favorite foods are all kind of meats.

Or maybe it's takoyaki?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 5, 2021 12:28 AM
Jan 2021
FMmatron said:
KingBaller06 said:

Again, Luffy can't lie. So there is no possible way that he could make that statement without it being 100% true.

He isn't a good liar, as we have seen in the past(when Porchemy was asking where the treasure is, Sanji asking Luffy about food) but that doesn't mean he can't lie at all. He's also developing as a person. Secondly, it ain't really a lie. To lie means not telling the truth in order to deceive, so it's a white lie at best. He told one to his crew during the Katakuri fight with the sole intention that they shouldn't worry

Lastly, him eating all the oshiruko and his line that there's nothing that tastes as good as it is anime original. The creator of Luffy is Oda, the mangaka. In the SBS of volume 86 he confirmed that Luffy's favorite foods are all kind of meats.

Or maybe it's takoyaki?

Yeah I'm not reading all of this. A lie is a lie. Luffy can't do that as he has shown to be bad at that. That's part of what makes him such a badass. So no. HIS FAVORITE FOOD IS RED BEAN SOUP BECAUSE HE SAID SO.
Aug 5, 2021 3:28 AM
Feb 2020
KingBaller06 said:
FMmatron said:

Or maybe it's takoyaki?

Yeah I'm not reading all of this. A lie is a lie. Luffy can't do that as he has shown to be bad at that. That's part of what makes him such a badass. So no. HIS FAVORITE FOOD IS RED BEAN SOUP BECAUSE HE SAID SO.

He can have multiple favorites. You really thinking too much into this. Plus he could in his mind feel like its his favorite in the moment. Then the next day it could be Meat again. Doesnt make it a lie.
Aug 5, 2021 2:37 PM

Nov 2016
@KingBaller06 Your initial post was like 3 times as long and you don't want to take these 15sec to read mine? Ok xDpretty sure you read it anyway, like you did in the past when you complained about me unfairly criticizing One Piece

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 5, 2021 4:20 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That man was folded harder than Diamante's cloths.
Aug 5, 2021 10:42 PM
Jan 2021
Inspectah16 said:
KingBaller06 said:

He can have multiple favorites. You really thinking too much into this. Plus he could in his mind feel like its his favorite in the moment. Then the next day it could be Meat again. Doesnt make it a lie.

Yeah no. His favorite food is Red Bean Soup.
Aug 5, 2021 10:44 PM
Jan 2021
FMmatron said:
@KingBaller06 Your initial post was like 3 times as long and you don't want to take these 15sec to read mine? Ok xDpretty sure you read it anyway, like you did in the past when you complained about me unfairly criticizing One Piece

One, I didn't ask you to read my initial post. Secondly, once I read the first sentence of you incorrectly describing what a lie is I decided not to waste my time with whatever you typed. A lie is intentionally stating something that isn't true. Point, blank, period.
Aug 6, 2021 9:17 AM
Dec 2020
i’ve never noticed the bad pacing to the extent i did in this episode other than the tobi roppo it was trash
Aug 9, 2021 7:16 AM

Mar 2015
I wouldn't blame Luffy and Zoro either!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 21, 2021 12:04 PM

Jul 2008
No surprise that Kidd has conqueror's as well.

And yeah....you waste food like that and Luffy is going to waste you....good thing Sanji didn't see this.
Sep 9, 2021 4:23 PM

Feb 2015
Why would the son be that important and cause a fight between Tobiroppo and All-Stars like that, maybe finding the son is important, but that leading into a big fight is senseless to me, they’re all part of the same crew. Ulti is pretty cute, btw. Queen or someone must have watched the chaos there.
Sep 11, 2021 11:49 PM

Aug 2021
Love how they still think they're following the plan XD
Sep 15, 2021 5:24 AM

Jun 2019
Moral: Don't waste food in front of Straw Hats.
Sep 16, 2021 3:04 AM

Jan 2013
Whelp if anyone died there it's the guy who got his head smashed in with Luffy's Elephant Gun.
Oct 2, 2021 2:02 PM

Sep 2015
I wonder why Yamato is such a big deal that if they find him, they'll get rewarded this much

Woah they even serve sushi, Tempura, sausage and Pizza, In the banquet they're having !

MY BEST FRIEND!! LUFFY!! He's eating all the red bean soup without a waste!! You're the best !

YEAAAAH!! LUFFY AVENGE TAMA, USE ELEPHANT GUN ON THOSE FOOD WASTERS! And at the same time Zoro is getting into the action
as well!

And Zoro understands well why Luffy caused a ruckus, so without hesitation he will join in!

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Oct 21, 2021 12:32 PM

Jul 2012
Probably the most damage Luffy did to a small fry so far. Awesome. He crushed it.

Guy didnt know what he was messing with.
Feels like losing all five senses &
Maybe not able to have thoughts,

Enjoi...
Nov 10, 2021 1:16 PM

Mar 2010
Damn Not sure Zoro even has plans, but damn that flashback is so powerful. they kept spamming it but I still was getting da feels.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 18, 2021 7:41 AM

Jul 2013
I expected Luffy to fuck shit up the minute he got in but ofc Toei being Toei they dragged and stretch it for as long as they can.
Nov 20, 2021 9:24 AM
May 2020
niggas ruining the whole plot damn
Nov 20, 2021 9:24 AM
May 2020
niggas ruining the whole plot damn
Dec 13, 2021 11:33 AM

Nov 2010
I wonder how difficult it'd be to copulate with Black Maria. She's such a huge woman! hehe
Jan 30, 2022 2:12 AM
Jun 2015
Zoro telling Luffy that they were supposed to sneak in after cutting an entire wall down lol :P
Jan 21, 2:44 AM
Jan 2020
Wow, Red bean soup.
May 12, 2:59 AM

Oct 2015
We are reaching Dressrosa level of flashbacks with Tama and Red Bean Soup
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» one of the most boring arcs - egghead

amande07 - 1 hour ago

3 by Kaitaka12 »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrHatandClogs - Mar 24, 2009

61 by TheStarscream759 »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 86 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaizokuou - Sep 22, 2009

93 by Bird »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1108 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 8

43 by -hzl »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 545 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WolfWood37 - Apr 29, 2012

53 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.