Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 28, 2021 7:36 PM

Apr 2021
okay so i recently finished this movie after hearing that it was a masterpiece etc but when i ended it, i was just super confused.. nothing made sense and it was a bit all over the place for me.. can someone explain what tf it was about or at least the ending.

—> i do agree that the animation / aesthetic was amazing but is that enough to call it a masterpiece??

Jul 28, 2021 7:45 PM
Jul 2012
Well, idk. Maybe be a bit more specific? Its been a while but maybe if you ask about what didnt make sense for you then me or somebody else could help
Jul 28, 2021 7:53 PM
Sep 2008
You better read the manga, cuz the movie is injustice the story the events and everything very much
Jul 28, 2021 8:14 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
What is it you don't understand? It definitely does cut about in a few places just to cover as much of the manga as possible but I wouldn't say that takes from it👍
Jul 28, 2021 10:07 PM
Sep 2020
You are takin
adorem3x said:
okay so i recently finished this movie after hearing that it was a masterpiece etc but when i ended it, i was just super confused.. nothing made sense and it was a bit all over the place for me.. can someone explain what tf it was about or at least the ending.

—> i do agree that the animation / aesthetic was amazing but is that enough to call it a masterpiece??
you are talking about an anime which is 32 year old, of course it is a masterpiece. And even it's story broad and concept was great when compared to many of the anime that come today.
AnimefandarshJul 28, 2021 11:19 PM
Jul 28, 2021 10:09 PM

Apr 2020
I honestly don't think it is a masterpiece. It's kind of a mess of a movie with half the story missing. Just read the manga. It's better.

I've watched it with like 5 people who have never seen it before and they all thought it was confusing too. I think it takes about 3 watches to actually understand what's happening.
Jul 29, 2021 12:05 AM
Feb 2021
Kaneda proves to be somehow the only capable character, and ends up with his boo, who has the exact same character design.

Tetsuo transcends to a higher life form and unto new plane of existence. He basically becomes a God and creates a new universe.
Jul 29, 2021 2:59 AM
Jul 2021
After I saw Akira. I questioned everything. I couldn't sleep well for like a week I was overthinking all the time. The wired and coolest Anime movie ever.
Jul 29, 2021 4:29 AM
Feb 2021
Yeah,me too.But I did some digging and here's what I found.
--> The manga is where it's better explained,and holds true to the fame
-->Apparently,the time around which the movie was released held a lot of significance to the people.
-->The rest is basically it's bladerunner-esque vibes,which I too enjoy very much
Jul 29, 2021 6:08 AM

Apr 2021
Salty-GB said:
I honestly don't think it is a masterpiece. It's kind of a mess of a movie with half the story missing. Just read the manga. It's better.

I've watched it with like 5 people who have never seen it before and they all thought it was confusing too. I think it takes about 3 watches to actually understand what's happening.
Salty-GB said:

okay thank you!!
(character count)

Jul 29, 2021 6:09 AM

Apr 2021
DoobieSam said:
Kaneda proves to be somehow the only capable character, and ends up with his boo, who has the exact same character design.

Tetsuo transcends to a higher life form and unto new plane of existence. He basically becomes a God and creates a new universe.
this explains a lot. thank youu!!!

Jul 29, 2021 6:10 AM

Apr 2021
Seigix said:
You better read the manga, cuz the movie is injustice the story the events and everything very much
yeah i’ll have to check out the manga fr.. thank youu

Jul 29, 2021 6:12 AM

Apr 2021
Bheema_Reddy said:
Yeah,me too.But I did some digging and here's what I found.
--> The manga is where it's better explained,and holds true to the fame
-->Apparently,the time around which the movie was released held a lot of significance to the people.
-->The rest is basically it's bladerunner-esque vibes,which I too enjoy very much
yeah, based on what im seeing so far, i would have to read the manga to actually get the full grasp of what’s going on or maybe watch the movie a few times again. thank youu!

Jul 29, 2021 6:14 AM

Apr 2021
aoikagenazo said:
Well, idk. Maybe be a bit more specific? Its been a while but maybe if you ask about what didnt make sense for you then me or somebody else could help
sorry about that😅! i was very confused about the ending and what happened to tetsuo!

Jul 29, 2021 6:22 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
adorem3x said:
aoikagenazo said:
sorry about that😅! i was very confused about the ending and what happened to tetsuo!

adorem3x said:

Not understanding something is not the same as it being bad, further were talking an aestic, animation, direction, ligthing and OsT which alone would garner it a good 6-7/10 even if the story was bad and the characters weak😅😅.

As others said, give the manga a go for more detail but if you give the film another watch and put some effort into understanding it (e.g. by watching or reading reviews or just thinking about it some more) I think you'll find it's really something quite speical.

An anime you can really dig your teeth into the themes and messages of like Akira should always be something that challanges you and forces you to put in the effort. Most masterpieces require work on the part of the viewer because while something like Akira is also great entertainment, in truth it's far more art and needs to be looked at as such, it requires engaged thinking on the part of the audience.

Hope that helps😎👍
Jul 29, 2021 8:15 AM

Apr 2021
momentie said:
adorem3x said:

adorem3x said:

Not understanding something is not the same as it being bad, further were talking an aestic, animation, direction, ligthing and OsT which alone would garner it a good 6-7/10 even if the story was bad and the characters weak😅😅.

As others said, give the manga a go for more detail but if you give the film another watch and put some effort into understanding it (e.g. by watching or reading reviews or just thinking about it some more) I think you'll find it's really something quite speical.

An anime you can really dig your teeth into the themes and messages of like Akira should always be something that challanges you and forces you to put in the effort. Most masterpieces require work on the part of the viewer because while something like Akira is also great entertainment, in truth it's far more art and needs to be looked at as such, it requires engaged thinking on the part of the audience.

Hope that helps😎👍
thank you so much! that helped a lot

Jul 29, 2021 8:30 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
adorem3x said:
momentie said:

Hope that helps😎👍
thank you so much! that helped a lot

No worries, hope you come to enjoy it more with time😊👍.
Jul 30, 2021 7:43 AM

Dec 2019
that’s the point of akira, it is so all over the place and confusing that you try to piece the movie together yourself but find something new everytime you try to do so. that is the beauty of it and why it is a masterpiece in my opinion and one of my favorite movies of all time
Aug 21, 2022 2:19 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
nah it's just them slowly calling for each other lol
張大です for 張大勇督察

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akira Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Friendlysoul - Apr 12, 2008

221 by Kirito-and-me »»
May 31, 8:07 AM

» Am i the only one who think that akira is a bad movie? ( 1 2 )

Harley3579 - May 14, 2019

62 by Absurdo_N »»
May 16, 6:39 PM

» Akira is not cyberpunk, it's just a paranormal genre ( 1 2 )

TheRedComment - Jan 22

51 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 27, 5:11 AM

» Ending interpretation

Fukoku - Apr 13

0 by Fukoku »»
Apr 13, 11:25 AM

» Tropes created in Akira

curvedtree - Dec 22, 2023

4 by -DxP- »»
Dec 23, 2023 3:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.