Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Honor Student at Magic High School
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 24, 2021 1:39 PM
Feb 2021
At this point I kind of just feel like I’m watching a the original anime with a tiny bit more tsundere… every second scene is word for word out of season 1. Should I just drop this and rewatch that instead?
Jul 24, 2021 1:45 PM
Oct 2020
I mean yeah its the same show from a different POV.

Obviously the original is much better, partly because it’s many more episodes so the pacing is slower and things are explained better. This one will apparently only have 12 episodes and will finish the 9 school competition so the pacing will continue to be very fast.

Judging by what they’ve skipped, they are clearly assuming you’ve already watched the original.
Jul 24, 2021 3:17 PM

Oct 2019
It’s neither?
Rip-off would imply that is a copycat, which is not.
Spin-off kind of but not quite the full meaning since that would imply that is an alternative story, which is not.
This is the same original story but mostly from Miyuki’s POV.
Also this wouldn’t be a good starting point for the Mahouka franchise since you might have noticed they skipped a bunch of stuff and explanations (Regarding the Yotsuba clan for example) so the studio adapts everything at a fast pace since they assume the audience already knows and fills in the gaps on their own.
Jul 24, 2021 4:15 PM
Jul 2021
Spinning rip off😪😪🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️
Jul 24, 2021 5:27 PM

Oct 2020
I’d enjoy this a lot more if it had the original animation. This one’s pretty bad.

Jul 24, 2021 8:34 PM
Feb 2021
ziggy-72 said:
At this point I kind of just feel like I’m watching a the original anime with a tiny bit more tsundere… every second scene is word for word out of season 1. Should I just drop this and rewatch that instead?
The Honor Student at Magic Highschool is a retelling of Season one of The Irregular at Magic Highschool but through Miyukis eyes.
Jul 25, 2021 7:25 AM
Apr 2021
RandomGuyScott said:
It’s neither?
Rip-off would imply that is a copycat, which is not.
Spin-off kind of but not quite the full meaning since that would imply that is an alternative story, which is not.
This is the same original story but mostly from Miyuki’s POV.
Also this wouldn’t be a good starting point for the Mahouka franchise since you might have noticed they skipped a bunch of stuff and explanations (Regarding the Yotsuba clan for example) so the studio adapts everything at a fast pace since they assume the audience already knows and fills in the gaps on their own.
this is a spin-off as it’s an “alternate story” in the sense that it’s from mutual is perspective so the events of the story are a bit different
Jul 27, 2021 9:26 AM
Aug 2010
ziggy-72 said:

If you are waiting for more original content then you will have to wait until the second story arc. Looking at where the anime is up to now that will happen around episode 6.

More topics from this board

» Should I skip this or it's canon

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Apr 8

11 by Dr_Harem_VII »»
Apr 12, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

39 by MiaAyende »»
Mar 10, 11:32 PM

» What does this cover ? No Spoilers

xnub - Aug 24, 2023

7 by baymaxemon »»
Jan 8, 11:55 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2021

24 by GooseHybrid »»
Nov 1, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

38 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 21, 2023 9:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.